PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Rolle impressing O'Brien

Psyren
07-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Per Mike Wells Twitter:

2nd round pick Magnum Rolle has been the most impressive player so far in the rookie/free agent camp, according to coach Jim O'Brien

Mike Wells Twitter (http://twitter.com/wells222)

BornReady
07-02-2010, 05:03 PM
already posted :/

Swingman
07-02-2010, 05:22 PM
where is it posted? i don't see it

indyaway
07-02-2010, 07:10 PM
That means he'll be cut by the end of camp, right?

dlewyus
07-02-2010, 07:41 PM
He must have seen him hit a 3 today. ;)

CooperManning
07-02-2010, 07:51 PM
< Rhyno fist pump >

NapTonius Monk
07-03-2010, 07:23 AM
where is it posted? i don't see ithttp://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?p=1026198#post1026198

RamBo_Lamar
07-03-2010, 08:18 AM
It appears Magnum's name is really Myron!

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=12750573

Haven't seen THAT posted yet.

Kuq_e_Zi91
07-03-2010, 08:23 AM
It appears Magnum's name is really Myron!

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=12750573

Haven't seen THAT posted yet.

Myron Rolle is actually a NFL player and a distant cousin of Magnum. Must be a typo by WTHR.

jeffg-body
07-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Wouldn't that be something if all three of our rooks turned out to be descent ball players?

Anthem
07-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Wouldn't that be something if all three of our rooks turned out to be descent ball players?
You mean they just keep getting lower and lower?

ndcoltsnpacers
07-03-2010, 09:30 AM

I took that as meaning smaller and smaller. I guess it could be either one.

Brad8888
07-03-2010, 10:31 AM
I took that as meaning smaller and smaller. I guess it could be either one.

Small ball FTW!

Slick Pinkham
07-03-2010, 09:48 PM

besides vertical jump and height check in the combine, I guess there was a limbo test

cordobes
07-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Odd coincidence, but one of the few college games I actually watched last season featured George's and Rolle's team. I recall they were the 2 guys who caught my eye. Actually I think I mentioned them here or in other board, not sure. Rolle impressed me as well.

cordobes
07-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Odd coincidence, but one of the few college games I actually watched last season featured George's and Rolle's team. I recall they were the 2 guys who caught my eye. Actually I think I mentioned them here or in other board, not sure. Rolle impressed me as well.

Ah, I knew I commented on this guy somewhere:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=969670&postcount=864

Also just watched Fresno St. vs. Louisiana Tech and was left extremely intrigued by Fresno forward #24, Paul George. Never heard of him before, I've already checked and he's rated in the late 1st round by the draft sites. I'd like to see him playing with better competition and better teammates, but he seemed like a very interesting prospect to me. Some bad things - seems to much in love with the 3 (but his stats suggest he's good hitting them) + not a NBA body + dribbles the ball too wild+high; but very good ones: great potential as defensive player + passing/playmaking + very quick first step + composure + motor. Also liked La Tech, #15, Rolle, but he's an older guy.

I suppose I like your picks this draft.

NapTonius Monk
07-04-2010, 08:02 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLRBajfq6xE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLRBajfq6xE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

McKeyFan
07-04-2010, 08:30 PM

Reminds me of when I suggested we draft Stanko after I watched him in Europe get 4 points and 1.5 rebounds in 11 minutes.

jeffg-body
07-05-2010, 02:39 AM
The kid has a great work ethic and a positive attitude. Why not give him a shot. You never know. This kid may rebound like Murph and play actual defense.

cordobes
07-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Reminds me of when I suggested we draft Stanko after I watched him in Europe get 4 points and 1.5 rebounds in 11 minutes.

Heh, really? I don't blame you, Stanko was a very intriguing prospect by the time he was drafted. He became a rich man due to how promising he was, still living off that contract. Too bad he stagnated since then.

MLB007
07-05-2010, 09:18 PM
besides vertical jump and height check in the combine, I guess there was a limbo test

He would lose to this guy: http://izismile.com/2010/06/30/lowest_limbo_ever.html

MLB007
07-05-2010, 09:24 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLRBajfq6xE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLRBajfq6xE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Hmmm, hard to be objective from just this. But. Is anyone else surprisingly impressed by what they just watched? Pretty nice ball handler. Obviously knows how to work hard. Nice soft touch on his jumper.

BRushWithDeath
07-05-2010, 09:49 PM
I have to think it is a near certainty that we will sign a free agent PG. Is he a big enough upgrade to warrant buying out Solomon Jones? It's hard for me to see that especially with our financial issues. I just don't see a spot for Rolle with the Pacers without making a trade that sends out more than it sends back. I think there's a chance he'll be on a roster in November. As of now, I just don't think it'll be ours.

tadscout
07-05-2010, 10:00 PM
I have to think it is a near certainty that we will sign a free agent PG. Is he a big enough upgrade to warrant buying out Solomon Jones? It's hard for me to see that especially with our financial issues. I just don't see a spot for Rolle with the Pacers without making a trade that sends out more than it sends back. I think there's a chance he'll be on a roster in November. As of now, I just don't think it'll be ours.

I think he's an upgrade to Solo (not a big fan of Solo)...

With some of the teams blowing up their roster for cap space to chase big time FA.. we can alway send Solo to a team w/ leftover cap space that needs to fill out their roster for a future 2nd...

BRushWithDeath
07-05-2010, 10:12 PM
I think he's an upgrade to Solo (not a big fan of Solo)...

I'm not a Solo fan at all. But I can't see Rolle being anything more than just slightly better than him. If I'm Herb Simon I wouldn't spend the money to buyout Jones' contract and also sign Rolle. Between Solo's buyout and Rolle's minimum contract you're looking at a near $3 million dollar investment next season, which would likely end up being more since we'd be probably be over the tax.

Assuming Stephenson has a spot on the roster, which I believe is nearly guaranteed at this point, we have 14 players signed for next year. After we sign our PG we're full. It's a numbers game. And Rolle looks to be the odd man out.

tadscout
07-05-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm not a Solo fan at all. But I can't see Rolle being anything more than just slightly better than him. If I'm Herb Simon I wouldn't spend the money to buyout Jones' contract and also sign Rolle. Between Solo's buyout and Rolle's minimum contract you're looking at a near $3 million dollar investment next season, which would likely end up being more since we'd be probably be over the tax.

Assuming Stephenson has a spot on the roster, which I believe is nearly guaranteed at this point, we have 14 players signed for next year. After we sign our PG we're full. It's a numbers game. And Rolle looks to be the odd man out.

I think he's a bigger upgrade than you think... b/c Solo is the weakest big in the NBA and often looked like a chicken with his head cut off running around (like he had no clue what he was supposed to be doing)...

Obviously you didn't read the 2nd part of my comment were I mention it should be easy to trade Solo for a future 2nd to a team that has cap space and has plenty of spots to still fill... Solo's contract is expiring so it wouldn't be to hard to move like that...

Rupert Stilinski
07-05-2010, 10:33 PM
I think he's a bigger upgrade than you think... b/c Solo is the weakest big in the NBA and often looked like a chicken with his head cut off running around (like he had no clue what he was supposed to be doing)...

Obviously you didn't read the 2nd part of my comment were I mention it should be easy to trade Solo for a future 2nd to a team that has cap space and has plenty of spots to still fill... Solo's contract is expiring so it wouldn't be to hard to move like that...

If Solo is as bad as you think he is, why do you think any team would want to trade for him? His contract isn't large enough to do much, plus all the teams that were trying to get cap space already did it.

tadscout
07-06-2010, 12:10 AM
If Solo is as bad as you think he is, why do you think any team would want to trade for him? His contract isn't large enough to do much, plus all the teams that were trying to get cap space already did it.

Have you seen some of the horrible moves GM's have been doing lately?:-p

Also it would just be a cheap 1 year rental of a big that no matter how bad he is, he's still better than most undrafted/ out of the league centers that they would otherwise have to choose from.

A team like the Knicks would like him b/c he'd fill a backup big slot and help clear cap space again for a run at Melo next offseason.