PDA

View Full Version : So where's all these people that wanted Hickson from Cleveland??

ChristianDudley
07-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Thought I'd post this up as I remember a lot of people being really high getting Hickson from Cleveland by sending Murphy to the Cavs. I'm assuming that now a lot of people will be not so interested in him after this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-cavaliers-hickson

Ohio judge issues warrant for Cavs forward Hickson

CHARDON, Ohio (AP)—An Ohio judge has issued a warrant for Cleveland Cavaliers forward J.J. Hickson(notes) after he failed to show up for two hearings about a speeding ticket.

Judge Mark Hassett issued a warrant on Monday after Hickson did not appear in Chardon Municipal Court for hearings on June 7 and June 14. A clerk says Hickson had not shown up in court by Wednesday, just minutes before the office closed.

Police cited Hickson on May 27 for allegedly driving 61 mph in a 25 mph zone in central Ohio.

Hickson’s lawyer, Henry Hilow, said he was unaware of the warrant on Wednesday afternoon. He did not return a message seeking further comment.

Hickson faces another speeding charge in Rocky River Municipal Court from June 23. He’s been convicted on four other speeding charges in Rocky River.

ChristianDudley
07-02-2010, 01:38 PM
imo, we don't need players on the team like this that have several convictions and keep getting in trouble with the law on the team...cross Hickson off the list of who we should be looking for at power forward now I guess...

OakMoses
07-02-2010, 01:43 PM
We're going to start complaining about speeding tickets now?

I'm going to be the first guy to raise my hand to the obligatory "How many posters on this board have ever forgotten to show up for a hearing about a speeding ticket?" question.

I do get your point. 61 in a 25 is ridiculous, and the number of tickets he's gotten is indicative of a bit of stupidity.

But lets look on the bright side, he's getting pulled over (a lot) and every time he's been sober and had no illegal weapons in the car.

pacers74
07-02-2010, 01:44 PM
He is not that good anyway. Cleveland should have got rid of him when Phoenix offered Amar'e to them.

Slick Pinkham
07-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Irresponsible behavior for sure, to not show up and to be a repeat offender... but it's speeding tickets, not drugs, DUI, robbery, assault, a shootout at the 8 Seconds Saloon, or sinupoutisitis

duke dynamite
07-02-2010, 01:46 PM
In my pants party.

cgg
07-02-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm going to be the first guy to raise my hand to the obligatory "How many posters on this board have ever forgotten to show up for a hearing about a speeding ticket?" question.

Second.

ChristianDudley
07-02-2010, 01:53 PM
yeah, I guess it is not as bad as it could be, but still don't think this type of behavior is what we need at the moment as the casual Pacers fans would have another uproar.

graphic-er
07-02-2010, 02:04 PM
I've gone to the wrong court house on court day for a speeding ticket, marion county is stupid. They use a rubber stamp for the address of your court appearance. I could not read the stamp as it was a crappy stamp job, and I did not know that they moved traffic court out to the east side off or Post Rd. So I showed up at the city county building, cause thats where all the court rooms are. Lost a nice couple of hundred dollars there though.

There was not a number listed on the summons either, so it made rather difficult to find out where to go once I realized I was in the wrong building.

I arrived 20 mins late and they wouldn't let me in the court room. Even though chances were my case had not been held yet.

BornReady
07-02-2010, 02:06 PM
I still want Hickson...

cgg
07-02-2010, 02:09 PM
I know someone that had court, and a hurricane hit on his court date. They didn't reschedule it, they just issued a warrant.

Pacers2012
07-02-2010, 02:28 PM
thats a very small problem. really i would take a look at many forwards before hickson though. Plus jj has 3yrs left on his deal so we would have to trade for him and there really is no one i want from the cavs. really i hope indy goes after horford next year. he would be great beside roy.

BRushWithDeath
07-02-2010, 02:32 PM
I was never high on Hickson. But I'm certainly no lower on him because he drives faster than he's supposed to.

flox
07-02-2010, 02:36 PM
yeah, I guess it is not as bad as it could be, but still don't think this type of behavior is what we need at the moment as the casual Pacers fans would have another uproar.

If the casual pacer fan gets into an uproar about a speeding ticket + not showing up for court we are in much more trouble than I thought.

maragin
07-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Speeding tickets? You people would put up with players getting speeding tickets? I don't care how talented a kid is... if he isn't a perfect person off the court, we don't need him.

I'd rather root for a zero win team of valedictorian virgins than have a competitive team with character flaws.

billbradley
07-02-2010, 02:52 PM
i'm where is all these people.

duke dynamite
07-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Speeding tickets? You people would put up with players getting speeding tickets? I don't care how talented a kid is... if he isn't a perfect person off the court, we don't need him.

I'd rather root for a zero win team of valedictorian virgins than have a competitive team with character flaws.
I hope you are being sarcastic.

BornReady
07-02-2010, 03:06 PM

rofl dude...

odeez
07-02-2010, 03:18 PM
I would still take Hickson, I could careless about his speed tickets. That said, there might be better options out there now.

maragin
07-02-2010, 03:51 PM

link (http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=968781&postcount=6)

duke dynamite
07-02-2010, 03:55 PM
link (http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=968781&postcount=6)
Ugh.

Ozwalt72
07-02-2010, 03:58 PM
The reason people wanted Hickson was because they wanted to get SOMETHING for trading Murphy to Cleveland and then giving them back Z. Hickson was/is their top prospect, so naturally....

Anyway, speeding tickets are a sign of the devil.

Justin Tyme
07-02-2010, 04:08 PM
i'm where is all these people.

RIGHT HERE!

And I thought he would be a good piece in a Murphy trade. How many people do you know that hasn't had gotten speeding tickets? Let he who is perfect cast the 1st stone.

Taterhead
07-02-2010, 08:44 PM
It was a damn speeding ticket!!!!

jeffg-body
07-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Better lock this guy up and throw away the keys.

speakout4
07-02-2010, 09:43 PM
It wasn't the speeding ticket but the fact he did not show for two court appearances.

Took a page from shawne williams' book?

count55
07-02-2010, 09:45 PM
I knew when I found out that he did all those clown paintings that it would eventually come to this.

Anthem
07-02-2010, 10:46 PM
All I wanted was Z and a future first.

Stryder
07-02-2010, 10:48 PM
I didn't know Hicks had a son???