PDA

View Full Version : What is Going On With Some Of This

NappyRootz
07-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Okay- I get that Atlanta feels liek they have to offer the max to Joe Johnson.

He may not be a true franchise player in teh Kobe, LeBron DWade mold....but losing him puts them back in lotto land.

I can almost applaud Memphis for doing what it took to keep Rudy Gay away from teh Russian billionaire.

But who in teh name of Daniel Snyder is running the Milwaukee Bucks ??

Wasnt Drew Gooden about out of teh league..........he wouldve been one of the guys I figured for Miami to round out their roster if they signed the big 3 (which they wont). Instead he gets ...........$32mm guaranteed from teh Bucks.

And I though the Corey Maggette trade was insane.

Then they turn around and give between $40-45mm to retain John Salmons.

WOW.

So for Maggette, Gooden and Salmons.............they get three average NBA players for about $120mm or half the previous value of the entire franchise.

And then Minnesota gives Darco another $20mm for 4 yrs..........apparently one mm for every rebound.

And someone named Amir Johnson who was drafted with the 56th pick a few years back just gets $34mm guaranteed from Toronto.

Is this a great continent or what???

Who says were in a recession ??

No wonder R Jeff opted out. I expect the Kings to pay him $50mm any day now.

Ray Felton to the Pacers............not a chance..........

We thought the Knicks gave away all their players and draft picks to chase LeBron, Bosh and JOhnosn........

Nope..........turns out they will give Felton about $50mm..........Amare about $100mm and Mike Miller another $50mm before handing their own David Lee about $60mm.

That should be good for 9th place in teh EC and cap them out for another 5 years.

Who would have guessed that Mo Williams and Varejo's contracts would be looking okay about now to LeBron.

All I can say is...................Larry is doing just fine right now by doing nothing. Keep Paul George..........pick whichever PG is left standing to backup TJ and wait for next year.........there may not be any teams wwith money left to go up against.

I expected some eye popping deals this week but not for the Goodens, Darko's, Amir's and Felton's. This is crazy stuff.