PDA

View Full Version : Just reported on KLAC, Phil Jackson is coming back

Brian
07-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Sorry once again, no link as this was reported on the radio. Im sure if you look around online you can find more info.

This makes the whole Brian/Byron thing make alot more sense.

BringJackBack
07-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Threepeat!

odeez
07-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Threepeat indeed!

N8R
07-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Here is a link

Phil Jackson will coach Lakers next season
By GREG BEACHAM, AP Sports Writer
20 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (AP)—Lakers coach Phil Jackson will return next season, putting off retirement for at least another year to chase his 12th NBA championship.

Jackson made the announcement Thursday with a news release. The two-time defending champions’ coach said last week he was leaning toward retirement after another long season, but he changed his mind after getting a week to rest up at his offseason home in Montana.

Jackson, who will turn 65 later this year, says next season will be “a last stand for me, and I hope a grand one.”

Jackson is the winningest coach in NBA playoff history, with 225 victories and two more titles than Boston’s Red Auerbach. He has won five titles with Kobe Bryant’s(notes) Lakers and six with Michael Jordan’s Chicago Bulls.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvkDfNR_yjsi3tVv9sP3G7O8vLYF?slug=ap-lakers-jackson

Brian
07-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Here is a link

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvkDfNR_yjsi3tVv9sP3G7O8vLYF?slug=ap-lakers-jackson

Thanks for finding a link for this story, I always feel kinda lame posting these reports I hear on the radio without a link to back them up.

N8R
07-01-2010, 05:50 PM
No worries I was just on the yahoo site and saw it and came here to report but saw this thread. Gotta help out when we can right?

Return to Glory
07-01-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't like Phil Jackson that much I was hoping he would retire.:D

Not so sure they will threepeat with all the FA going mostly to the East.

WoodyHayes78
07-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Duh, he's bangin the owners daughter.

Brian
07-01-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't like Phil Jackson that much I was hoping he would retire.:D

Not so sure they will threepeat with all the FA going mostly to the East.

Kobe & Pau arent free agents. So if any FA's leave the west it will be Boozer leaving Utah..etc...So if anything that will make the lakers stronger.

pizza guy
07-01-2010, 07:41 PM
I think he means the Big FAs, LBJ, DWade, and Bosh. Of course, they're already in the east, and will probably stay in the east, so yeah, won't make much difference. Boozer and Amare being the ones leaving the west probably won't bother LA that much. The only thing that makes sense is that maybe a couple of the big names team up and make a super team or something.

--pizza

Brad8888
07-01-2010, 08:02 PM
What a shock. NOT!

Return to Glory
07-01-2010, 08:02 PM
I think he means the Big FAs, LBJ, DWade, and Bosh. Of course, they're already in the east, and will probably stay in the east, so yeah, won't make much difference. Boozer and Amare being the ones leaving the west probably won't bother LA that much. The only thing that makes sense is that maybe a couple of the big names team up and make a super team or something.
--pizza

This is what I mean, a couple of the big FA will make a Super Team that can beat the Lakers.

Brian
07-01-2010, 09:04 PM
This is what I mean, a couple of the big FA will make a Super Team that can beat the Lakers.

Hard to tell if that will happen or not....Ask the Malone/Payton/O'neal/Bryant lakers.

Too many egos sometimes backfire.

xBulletproof
07-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Hard to tell if that will happen or not....Ask the Malone/Payton/O'neal/Bryant lakers.

Too many egos sometimes backfire.

Everyone keeps pointing to that, but if you put 28 year old Karl Malone, and Gary Payton on that team, instead of the upper 30's and lower 40 year old versions, it's an entirely different story.

Those guys weren't great players anymore during that time in their career. People (not just who I quoted) need to realize that. A team of Bosh, Wade and Lebron would be an entirely different story, all in their primes.