PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Sign Paul George To Deal

MillerTime
07-01-2010, 04:54 PM
The Pacers have signed rookie forward Paul George to a two-year, $3.9 million deal that includes team options for a third and fourth season.

Indiana selected George with the No. 10 pick in last Thursday's NBA Draft.

George quickly realized that he has to work on his ball screening in order to be successful with the Pacers.

"Stuff like that is new to me," George. "I'm just trying to get comfortable with that and reading the plays. That's something that's going to come to me as I keep putting in the time and practice."

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100701/SPORTS04/100701013/1088/SPORTS04/Pacers-sign-draft-pick-to-3.9M-2-year-deal

By Mike Wells

odeez
07-01-2010, 04:56 PM
yahoo!

Magic P
07-01-2010, 04:59 PM
:dance3:

count55
07-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Wow...they signed him at rookie scale, and not the customary max of 120% of rookie scale.

It's not a huge amount, but it does save about $343k vs. what I had been expecting this year, and about $1,750 over the four year contract.

Still leaves us at about $0.5mm over the tax, if we sign both 2nd rounders and can't move/reduce any of our existing contracts.

NuffSaid
07-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Good deal. Means all the trade scenarios involving him will cease.

I like this kid and think he will become one helluva player in the near term. From what little I've seen of him I like what he brings to the hardwood. I dare say it but the Pacers may have finally found their next bright star and who knows; he might even be our Kobe Bryants. (I reserve the right to take this commentary back if the kid flops...:D...but I doubt that he will.)

Return to Glory
07-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Great news.......................Next Kobe..................Lets Hope.:D

Marlin
07-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Wait, ball screening is news to him? I know he played mosly against zone defense, but still.

Come on, Paul :p

BringJackBack
07-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Good deal. Means all the trade scenarios involving him will cease.

I like this kid and think he will become one helluva player in the near term. From what little I've seen of him I like what he brings to the hardwood. I dare say it but the Pacers may have finally found their next bright star and who knows; he might even be our Kobe Bryants. (I reserve the right to take this commentary back if the kid flops...:D...but I doubt that he will.)

If he turns out to be great, he'll leave in 7-9 years. I hope he's another Danny or Reggie. Heck, I'll be fine if he's a 6th man.

We'll see.

PacerPride33
07-01-2010, 09:22 PM
STUD

speakout4
07-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Wow...they signed him at rookie scale, and not the customary max of 120% of rookie scale.

It's not a huge amount, but it does save about $343k vs. what I had been expecting this year, and about $1,750 over the four year contract.

Still leaves us at about $0.5mm over the tax, if we sign both 2nd rounders and can't move/reduce any of our existing contracts.
TJ is still worth at the very least 1M or more as a free agent and will no doubt would accept a buyout at 90% so the pacers are in decent shape to not exceed the LT. I can't see that he wouldn't accept a decent buyout knowing he has no respect from the PTB.

Will Galen
07-02-2010, 02:00 AM
TJ is still worth at the very least 1M or more as a free agent and will no doubt would accept a buyout at 90% so the pacers are in decent shape to not exceed the LT.

And who would open the season at point guard? The only point guard on the roster would be an injured Price.

What they have to do is trade one of the big expirings to a team under the cap.

Optimum would be to trade Murphy's $11m, or Dunleavy's $10m expirings to a team under the cap for a point guard making about $5-6 Million.