PDA

View Full Version : Granger to Nets still in play?

90'sNBARocked
07-01-2010, 04:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17468/nets-meeting-with-lebron-tremendous

The New Jersey Nets were the first team to meet with LeBron James on Thursday morning. Owner Mikhail Prokhorov and part owner Jay-Z led the presentation. After the presentation was done, Jay-Z spent some time one-on-one with 'Bron before the Knicks arrived.

How did it go? A source close to the Nets said their meeting with LeBron was "tremendous". How tremendous? "Front runner tremendous."

The Nets continue to project confidence that they have the inside track on LeBron. If they get him, sources say they have a deal in place to move Kris Humphries to clear additional cap space to make a max offer to Chris Bosh or another free agent of his choosing.

If the Nets don't land LeBron, expect them to re-engage the Indiana Pacers in talks about a Danny Granger for Devin Harris and Derrick Favors swap.

Not sure if this deserves its own thread, but find it interesting that Bird, vehimitley denied the rummors, but Chad Ford is sticking to his guns

pwee31
07-01-2010, 04:52 PM
I hope not, but then again I really like Granger

MillerTime
07-01-2010, 05:00 PM
i'd do it if we get Favours also

BornReady
07-01-2010, 05:01 PM
we already have a thread for this >.<

Pacers2012
07-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Granger and a 1st round pick for devin, favors and lee then i would do it. If we still have murph,dun,foster,solo and ford then we can use those guys to trade for a SF. This could be do able since blazers reportedly were gonna give up miller,pryzbilla,batum,bayless and the 22nd pick for paul before there owner said he couldnt part with paul yet.

tadscout
07-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Bad, false, made up rumor by Rod Thorn on draft day to try to increase the trade value of the #3 to try to con Kahn...

Already a thread as well...

:inbeforethelock2:

MillerTime
07-01-2010, 05:44 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5585266

The numbers work out just fine. I would do this deal in a heartbeat. Favour is the difference maker here

Harris
Rush
George
Favours
Hibbert

Sign me up

Dr. Awesome
07-01-2010, 05:49 PM
The Nets would never go for that deal. There would have to be a bigger piece leaving us, which would likely make the deal bad for the Pacers.

joew8302
07-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Danny Granger is a stud, with a modest contract, who seemingly likes Indiana. I don't like the deal.

xBulletproof
07-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Favors is a question mark, as are all rookies, and Harris has potential, and has some good times, but when he's off, he's a veritable TJ Ford. He's also injury prone as well.

No thanks.

BigDawg44
07-01-2010, 06:46 PM
yall are kidding right? how do you not do this deal? I like granger as much as the next guy, but sometimes you gotta shoot for the moon to get where you want. Yall are constantly bashing Bird for playing it safe...well, keeping Granger in this deal is playing it safe...you cant have your cake and eat it too. Granger has led us nowhere but to 9th place in the East. Lets get a couple pieces back for him. The nets do this deal because they want to be in the Playoffs NOW. A proven granger gets their fans more excited than a rookie Favors. Strike while the iron is hot.

troyc11a
07-01-2010, 07:09 PM
There is no way NJ makes this deal. They would be swapping borderline all-stars (Harris for Granger) AND giving up the #3 pick in Favors.

Harris and Granger are of equal value. Trading them even up makes more sense if the $$$ is even. For them to throw in Favors? - Fire Bird right now if he rejects this trade.