PDA

View Full Version : T'Wolves Keep Hassell

obnoxiousmodesty
08-05-2004, 04:10 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/7550251

T-Wolves keep Hassell by matching Blazers' offer

MINNEAPOLIS -- Trenton Hassell will remain with the Minnesota Timberwolves after the team matched the Portland Trail Blazers' offer for the restricted free agent Wednesday.

Terms of the deal were not announced, but Hassell's agent, Mark Bartelstein, has said the Blazers' offer was worth $27 million over six years.

Hassell, one of the club's top defenders, started 74 games for Minnesota last season after two seasons with the Chicago Bulls, who picked him in the second round of the 2001 draft. Defense is his specialty; he averaged 5 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.6 assists.

"I'm happy to be staying in Minnesota and I can't wait for the start of the season to hit the court and get back to work," Hassell said.

The Timberwolves still haven't re-signed point guard Troy Hudson, the team's top offseason priority.

Pig Nash
08-05-2004, 04:17 PM
I think this means that Hudson will be somewhere else. And i hope the SAR/Wally deal gets done.

MSA2CF
08-05-2004, 05:44 PM
I was surprised when I saw this yesterday. I didn't know the Timberwolves liked him so much.

SkipperZ
08-05-2004, 06:52 PM
sucks for new jersey.... they probably could have gotten shareef if they waited...

not that shareef is that great, but hes certainly an improvement over aaron williams.