PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lowry?

sheppie33
07-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Wells222 Pacers have also reached out to PG Kyle Lowry, who is a restricted free agent.

http://twitter.com/Wells222

pizza guy
07-01-2010, 11:04 AM
It's safe to say that any Point Guard that is a RFA, UFA, on the trading block...or in the NBA has been contacted by or inquired about by the Pacers.

Kyle Lowry is the best option out there! We need him!!!11!1omg!!11!

SMosley21
07-01-2010, 11:06 AM
http://www.nba.com/fantasy/fantasy_playernews.jsp?date=06/30/10&type=news#kyle_lowry

Update: The Rockets extended a qualifying offer to Lowry on Wednesday, the Associated Press reports.

Analysis: The Rockets are planning to match any offers extended Lowry's way this summer, so look for the restricted free agent to once again fill the role of backup point for Houston next season.

Brad8888
07-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Probably wouldn't see much action. He can't shoot 3's much better than TJ. He has gotten assists in the past, but that would decline in this system. I'll pass, even though our pg's won't.

wintermute
07-01-2010, 11:14 AM
It's safe to say that any Point Guard that is a RFA, UFA, on the trading block...or in the NBA has been contacted by or inquired about by the Pacers.

pretty much what i think.

lowry being a restricted free agent though, makes him more unlikely.

graphic-er
07-01-2010, 11:35 AM
We should March on Conseco if Bird signs this chump.

Ozwalt72
07-01-2010, 11:47 AM

By "Chump" do you mean excellent defender with good athleticism that is a solid distributor, only held back by a weak jumpshot?

9.1 ppg, 4.5 assists/1.7 turnovers, 3.6 rebounds - 24 minutes per game

I don't know if it is possible to get him though. I expect Houston to trade Brooks for something and let Lowry start.

IUfan4life
07-01-2010, 11:52 AM
By "Chump" do you mean excellent defender with good athleticism that is a solid distributor, only held back by a weak jumpshot?

9.1 ppg, 4.5 assists/1.7 turnovers, 3.6 rebounds - 24 minutes per game

I don't know if it is possible to get him though. I expect Houston to trade Brooks for something and let Lowry start.

exactly. the guy is a workhorse and would be an absolute steal.

Ozwalt72
07-01-2010, 11:52 AM
And I'd want him more than Blake, Watson, Farmar, Chalmers, and what ever other point guard in this UFA/RFA class that I missed.

He's better.

SMosley21
07-01-2010, 11:58 AM

Obviously you aren't too familiar with Kyle Lowry the basketball player.

Kegboy
07-01-2010, 12:05 PM
It just goes to show you how bad we are that people are excited about Kyle Lowry.

Justin Tyme
07-01-2010, 12:17 PM
I expect Houston to trade Brooks for something and let Lowry start.

Brooks was a steal in the draft for Houston. He's the starting PG for the future on a cheap rookie contract. I just don't see them trading Brooks. If they are so inclined, then Bird had best be talking to them about a trade for him.

Slick Pinkham
07-01-2010, 12:18 PM
I wanted him when Memphis did not, and then the price was low. He would be fine now, but Houston realizes what Memphis did not, that he is good. Three years ago Houston was in our predicament, then came up with Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry. Not amazing, but a pretty darn good duo to have.

btowncolt
07-01-2010, 12:19 PM
It just goes to show you how bad we are that people are excited about Kyle Lowry.

Ozwalt72
07-01-2010, 12:27 PM

Excited? No. I don't think we have a shot at getting him. But he is a hell of a lot better than the other crap PGs available in FA. Everyone can drool over Steve Blake all they want, I won't understand it but sure....that's cool.

And Justin Tyme, if they have a hope of getting a big FA then they'll almost have to deal Brooks.

Justin Tyme
07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
And Justin Tyme, if they have a hope of getting a big FA then they'll almost have to deal Brooks.

I just don't see Houston getting a Big FA, nor do I see them as a big player in FA. I just don't see them trading their PG of the future in Brooks. JMOAA

If Lowry is a FA, that means the Rockets didn't pick up his 2.9 Mil qualifying offer. Why? Especially, if Houston would be considering trading Brooks. That leaves them w/o a PG.

Lowry plays "D"... that alone disqualifys him as a Jimmy PG. It looks like Bird can't get a PG in a trade, so now he looking at anything called a PG in FA. Then look at Shaun Livingston who should come CHEAP.

TheRifleman51
07-01-2010, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=Ozwalt72;1024775]And I'd want him more than Blake, Watson, Farmar, Chalmers, and what ever other point guard in this UFA/RFA class that I missed.

He's a better defender than Farmer but i think Farmar has a better offensive game

Ozwalt72
07-01-2010, 02:07 PM
If Lowry is a FA, that means the Rockets didn't pick up his 2.9 Mil qualifying offer. Why? Especially, if Houston would be considering trading Brooks. That leaves them w/o a PG.

They DID pick up the offer. Making him a RESTRICTED free agent. They intend to keep him.

Psyren
07-01-2010, 02:18 PM
They'll match any reasonable offer he receives.

SMosley21
07-01-2010, 02:56 PM
http://www.nba.com/fantasy/fantasy_playernews.jsp?date=06/30/10&type=news#kyle_lowry

Update: The Rockets extended a qualifying offer to Lowry on Wednesday, the Associated Press reports.

Analysis: The Rockets are planning to match any offers extended Lowry's way this summer, so look for the restricted free agent to once again fill the role of backup point for Houston next season.

There.

Justin Tyme
07-01-2010, 04:20 PM
They DID pick up the offer. Making him a RESTRICTED free agent. They intend to keep him.

Since shamports salary is shut down, I used Hoopshype, and it showed a qualifying offer. I "assumed" it hadn't been picked up. Thanks for correcting my false assumption! :)

pizza guy
07-01-2010, 07:44 PM
You know what happens when we assume...

;)