PDA

View Full Version : Farmar is a FA- would a part or whole MLE offer be worth it?-PACERS MENTIONED

Slick Pinkham
06-30-2010, 08:28 PM
The article mentions the PACERS as being interested in him...

I am guessing it is unlikely, given that it would raise team salary. It is hard to assess his true PG skills as a sub in the triangle, where he lacks traditional PG responsibilities.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/06/the-lakers-decided-wednesday-not-to-give-restricted-guard-jordan-farmar-a-one-year-3-million-contract-offer--it-means-now.html#tp

Unclebuck
06-30-2010, 08:33 PM
The possiblity of acquiring Farmar ws discussed in the offical point guard thread, although this blog and info about him being a URFA is new

YES, we should go after him hard. Let watson go, cut Josh, pay off Ford, bribe Murphy. Just joking

I would really like to have him though, I think he has a chance of being pretty good

pwee31
06-30-2010, 08:37 PM
http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/06/the-lakers-decided-wednesday-not-to-give-restricted-guard-jordan-farmar-a-one-year-3-million-contract-offer--it-means-now.html#tp

The Lakers decided Wednesday not to give restricted guard Jordan Farmar a one-year, $3-million contract offer.

It means that Farmar becomes an unrestricted free agent, and that the Lakers could lose him and get nothing in return when the free-agency period begins at 9:01 p.m. Pacific time Wednesday.

If the Lakers had tendered Farmar a deal, known as a qualifying offer, he would have remained a restricted free agent and they would have had the rights to match any offer sheet he signed with another team.

"The Lakers cared enough to let me become a free agent," Farmar said in a phone interview. "I was excited to hear it. I was real happy. If I do decide to leave, I'll have nothing but positive things to remember about the Lakers."

Farmar, 23, has spent his entire four-year NBA career with the Lakers, winning two championships.

He also wants to become a starter in the NBA, something Farmar was unable to do with the Lakers because of veteran point guard Derek Fisher.

Famar also feels that the Lakers' triangle offense prohibits his game, which he believes is better suited for an up-tempo offense.

Farmar said he thinks that the Indiana Pacers are just one of the teams interested in him. He didn't rule out returning to the Lakers, but Farmar knows that is a long shot.

Posted the article just to save a little time.

I've always like Farmar as well, I think he could be good as well. Really had a short lease in LA behind Fisher, and sometime Shannon Brown. Plays solid defense, can score and is pretty athletic. He's actually the guy I wanted in the draft when he's was coming out of UCLA, not Shawne Williams

odeez
06-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Wow, he is only 23... for some reason I thought he was
older.