PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2010 free agent signing news thread

Pages : [1] 2

CableKC
06-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Since we have about a ba-zillion different threads on all that is going on with the Lebron/DWade/Bosh Sweepstakes and all the different Free Agent Movement that will likely happen over the next week.....I'd figure that we should just consolidate everything into one thread so that we don't have to jump from thread to thread.

If you have some breaking news on Free Agent Activity....post it here.

maragin
06-30-2010, 08:22 PM
It's the most exciting offseason in NBA history, which is pretty sweet.

We aren't likely to be major players in it, which is depressing.

Larry, if you phone rings, don't just let it go to voicemail.

tadscout
06-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Lakers eye Blake

The Los Angeles Lakers are smitten with signing free-agent point guard Steve Blake, but sources believe Blake would have to take less money than the Los Angeles Clippers, Orlando Magic and New York Knicks could be willing to offer.

Blake finished the season with the Clippers, and sources say he’s intrigued with the idea of joining the defending champion Lakers. Still, Blake is a veteran guard whom several teams value, and he could walk away with a multiyear deal totaling around $20 million-$25 million.

LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnyqBh..P.gidaXS3kJarZC8vLYF?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz063010)

Ozwalt72
06-30-2010, 09:47 PM
You know, I care less about who's signing where than who's going to be traded where right about now.

Sure it's kind of cool to see all this talent in FA, but they aren't going to do anything that surprises anyone (well, me).

Sparhawk
06-30-2010, 10:09 PM
I wish he would stay in Cleveland. Good lord knows that city needs all the help it can get.

As long as Bosh, Wade, Lebron stay away from the Knicks, I'll be happy. I'm just sick of New York's sense of entitlement.

Slick Pinkham
06-30-2010, 11:40 PM
Wade has aparently given up on recruiting Lebron to Miami, per realgm:
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67644/20100630/wade_giving_up_on_recruiting_lebron/

tadscout
07-01-2010, 12:07 AM
:bump::lurk:

CableKC
07-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Its 10 minutes after Midnight....did Lebron decide yet?

I'm waiting for all the fireworks to go off.....

tadscout
Celtics looking to trade Wallace’s contract

Boston Celtics GM Danny Ainge is trying to use Rasheed Wallace’s contract in trade talks, a move that would allow the Celtics to keep their midlevel exception, league sources said.

Wallace has yet to file retirement papers, so the $6.32 million owed him next season and $6.79 million in 2011-12 would come off a team’s books after Wallace is traded to them. They could do a deal and not take on his money. Ainge is trying to use the Wallace contract to bring back a power forward or center to replace Wallace and the injured Kendrick Perkins.

The Celtics could then use their midlevel exception for a different player. Several sources believe that Ainge’s target is Orlando’s J.J. Redick, who is a restricted free agent.

Boston has strong interest in Brad Miller in free agency and could try to acquire Dallas center Erick Dampier.

– Adrian Wojnarowski, June 30, 11:45 ET (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aije5AsvnhNeyZEso0XYzL68vLYF?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz063010)

Sheed's vanishing contract for Foster? - so we then could use our mle w/o worrying about the LT?

Day-V
I'm still waiting for Pat Riley to ring my doorbell.........

tadscout
07-01-2010, 12:14 AM
chadfordinsider: Breaking News: Wolves agree to 3 year, $13 mil deal with 2008 2nd round pick Nikola Pekovic. Link coming on ESPN.com...

Kahn :laugh:

CableKC
07-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Wade has aparently given up on recruiting Lebron to Miami, per realgm:
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67644/20100630/wade_giving_up_on_recruiting_lebron/
I'm watching NBA 2010 Decision Midnight addition on NBATV and David Aldridge points out something valid. Miami only has space for 2 Max Contracts and 1 "Not as Near Max" Contract. Whose going to take the paycut if it's Lebron/Wade/Bosh?

I would guess that Boozer is plan B...or C if they go with Amare. If you had a choice between Boozer or Amare...who'd you go with?

I'd go with Boozer....he's likely cheaper and ( unlike Amare ) doesn't think he deserves a MAX Contract.

Kaufman
07-01-2010, 12:17 AM
As long as Bosh, Wade, Lebron stay away from the Knicks, I'll be happy. I'm just sick of New York's sense of entitlement.

No offense, SHk, I would actually like to see the Knicks succeed with this one simply to account for my unwavering love of Donnie Walsh. I don't know that the Knicks have much of a claim on the idea of entitlement - they've sucked it up since the breakup of Patrick Ewing's group. I would like to see DW succeed at what he left Indiana for and think that Ron Artest cheated him out of some of his dreams as his career heads down the home stretch. So yes, I'd like to see NYK in contention here. Our team, the Pacers, are going to suck for some period of time, so I'd like to see a team like the Knicks succeed, rather than a smaller town that I feel more competitive with as a Pacers fan.

tadscout
07-01-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm watching NBA 2010 Decision Midnight addition on NBATV and David Aldridge points out something valid. Miami only has space for 2 Max Contracts and 1 "Not as Near Max" Contract. Whose going to take the paycut?

I would guess that Boozer is plan B...or C if they go with Amare. If you had a choice between Boozer or Amare...who'd you go with?

I'd go with Boozer....he's likely cheaper and ( unlike Amare ) doesn't think he deserves a MAX Contract.

Wade and a big (Bosh, Boozer, or Amare) and role players to fill out the roster (like Haslem)... is my bet.

CableKC
07-01-2010, 12:20 AM
I don't have a link...but according to NBA TV....it looks like the Hawks are going to offer Joe Johnson a 6 year MAX Contract.

IMHO...a big mistake. Joe Johnson is a great Player....but not a MAX Contract Player.

MrSparko
07-01-2010, 12:22 AM
The Hawks and the Timberwolves...sigh.

Marlin
07-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Kahn :laugh:

Well Pekovic is an excellent player at the European level. Actually one of the very best bigs, was one of the main reasons Panathinaikos won the Euroleague a year ago, and is still young -being 24.

That said, he's probably not worth that contract. But he's a nice player to have in the paint, I'll tell you that.

tadscout
07-01-2010, 12:23 AM
I don't have a link...but according to NBA TV....it looks like the Hawks are going to offer Joe Johnson a 6 year MAX Contract.

IMHO...a big mistake. Joe Johnson is a great Player....but not a MAX Contract Player.

I hope that makes it harder for them to keep Hortford next summer when we have the $ available... he'd be perfect beside Roy.

Marlin
07-01-2010, 12:24 AM

:spitout:

Granville Fleming
07-01-2010, 12:25 AM
No offense, SHk, I would actually like to see the Knicks succeed with this one simply to account for my unwavering love of Donnie Walsh. I don't know that the Knicks have much of a claim on the idea of entitlement - they've sucked it up since the breakup of Patrick Ewing's group. I would like to see DW succeed at what he left Indiana for and think that Ron Artest cheated him out of some of his dreams as his career heads down the home stretch. So yes, I'd like to see NYK in contention here. Our team, the Pacers, are going to suck for some period of time, so I'd like to see a team like the Knicks succeed, rather than a smaller town that I feel more competitive with as a Pacers fan.

I can not root for the Knicks for I think they were foolish for putting all their eggs in the LeBron basket. They have made a mockery of free agency for the last three years.

Day-V
07-01-2010, 12:26 AM
sportsguy33

Breaking news, no joking around: Just found out where LeBron and Bosh are going. So it looks like they're both getting max contracts with th

Ozwalt72
07-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Pekovic is interesting actually. Whether he is worth that much....well I doubt it. But looking at the #s he puts up overseas....he may be a big time scorer.

tadscout
07-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Lebron wants to make his decision by July 5th (before he starts his basketball camps) - Ric Bucher on ESPN

Marlin
07-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Pekovic is interesting actually. Whether he is worth that much....well I doubt it. But looking at the #s he puts up overseas....he may be a big time scorer.

And a fine defender. Even if this year he grew a bad habit of fouling a little bit too much, sometimes swinging for blocks..at least when I saw him. I'd like him on the P's (if cheaper), if we hadn't a gazillion bigs under contract.

Ozwalt72
07-01-2010, 12:35 AM
And a fine defender.

I'm intrigued....

Gonna look up some footage of him if I can find any.

Almost 15 points in 21 minutes in the Euroleague is impressive.

Lord Helmet
07-01-2010, 12:39 AM
I doubt anything big happens tonight.

Captain Obvious, I know, I know....

tadscout
07-01-2010, 12:46 AM
chadfordinsider: With a starting salary of $4 mil, Pekovic reduces Wolves cap space to under $10 m per year. Don't tell Rudy Gay ...

That's why it was stupid to sign that guy first.. :laugh:

Marlin
07-01-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm intrigued....

Gonna look up some footage of him if I can find any.

Almost 15 points in 21 minutes in the Euroleague is impressive.

Be prepared tho: as you would expect from a Euro center, he's big and powerful, with good technique and decent footwork, what he lacks is athleticism. He's not really jumping out of the gym, which is what may limit his minutes in the NBA.
Anyway, he's skilled and knows how to use his strenght..that along with a pretty good jump hook led to those 15 pts you mentioned.

That's why it was stupid to sign that guy first

Yeah I agree with that.

graphic-er
07-01-2010, 12:52 AM
These fools on ESPN actually think Toronto is going to help Chris Bosh with a sign and trade deal. That's amazing.

tadscout
07-01-2010, 12:57 AM
These fools on ESPN actually think Toronto is going to help Chris Bosh with a sign and trade deal. That's amazing.

Here from a yahoo guy-

Raptors look at sign-and-trade options

The Toronto Raptors have talked to six to eight teams willing to do sign-and-trades for Chris Bosh, but front office sources say general manager Bryan Colangelo has ruled out bringing back the expensive contract of Bulls forward Luol Deng.

Deng has four years and nearly $50 million left on his contract, and the Bulls have been dangling him as part of sign-and-trade possibilities involving Bosh, LeBron James and Joe Johnson.

Colangelo is working on possible deals, but Bosh ultimately has to want to go to the teams. Besides Chicago, Miami, New York and New Jersey, the Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks are determined suitors for Bosh.

– Adrian Wojnarowski, June 30, 5:45 ET (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aije5AsvnhNeyZEso0XYzL68vLYF?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz063010)

Why is it so hard to believe??? Toronto knows he's as good as gone. They figure they might as well get something from nothing.

graphic-er
07-01-2010, 01:02 AM
Here from a yahoo guy-

Why is it so hard to believe??? Toronto knows he's as good as gone. They figure they might as well get something from nothing.

I don't think they will help go to one of the top suitors, You think they want to hand him over the Bulls or Miami and Lebron and Dwade, or Rose?

Typically teams just don't reach out and gift players away, like Pau Gasol. Especially when they are in the same conference.

tadscout
07-01-2010, 01:08 AM
I don't think they will help go to one of the top suitors, You think they want to hand him over the Bulls or Miami and Lebron and Dwade, or Rose?

Typically teams just don't reach out and gift players away, like Pau Gasol. Especially when they are in the same conference.

Different situation... Pau was wasn't a sign and trade...

Seriously would you rather get nothing back for your superstar or some decent pieces so your rebuild won't be hurt as bad?

Hicks
07-01-2010, 01:10 AM
They'll help Bosh if they think it helps them via the pieces they get back.

graphic-er
07-01-2010, 01:12 AM
They'll help Bosh if they think it helps them via the pieces they get back.

Exactly, Miami doesn't have anything to give, Chicago doesn't have anything to give.

Foul on Smits
07-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Pacers should get in on this Bosh thing. They have the contracts, they have interesting peices to throw in. They should atleast make a call.

Ozwalt72
07-01-2010, 01:18 AM
Exactly, Miami doesn't have anything to give, Chicago doesn't have anything to give.

Houston does, Dallas does, and Chicago at least has Deng.

tadscout
07-01-2010, 01:18 AM

Actually earlier Wojo reported Toronto would be willing to take Beasley...

Sources said the Raptors will try to acquire draft picks and young players in return for Bosh. They would likely ask for forward Michael Beasley and point guard Mario Chalmers in any deal with the Miami Heat. If Bosh were to go to the Chicago Bulls, the Raptors like forward Taj Gibson and center Joakim Noah, though Noah could prove impossible to pry from Chicago. If Bosh settles on the New York Knicks, the Raptors would try to engage in a double sign-and-trade that sends Knicks forward David Lee to Toronto.

LINK- Raptors look at Bosh sign-and-trade options (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgIB2kj4wqWeK3FAOb.ZYNu8vLYF?slug=ys-boshwade062910)

All the talk about no one wanting him, has only been about the few teams that could take him on as a salary dump leading into free agency... NOT teams that could be S&T partners.

Pacers2012
07-01-2010, 01:22 AM
I hope that makes it harder for them to keep Hortford next summer when we have the $ available... he'd be perfect beside Roy.

yea i would very much like to put horford next to roy. I love the way horford plays. He reminds me alot of dale davis. they play very much the same way and have the same game mentality of dunking on people and grabbing rebounds

tadscout
07-01-2010, 01:39 AM
Rockets pitch to Bosh: Bosh w/ Rockets = 60 win team. Wade, Bosh, 1 more max + 9 min players = 45 win team. (free) http://es.pn/aaWWtz

chadfordinsider: Rockets could offer Raps Aaron Brooks, Jordan Hill & expiring contracts of J Jeffries & Anderson in a sign-&-trade http://es.pn/aaWWtz

OakMoses
07-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Milwaukee must have undying faith in Scott Skiles ability to get guys to play defense.

Douglas-Roberts, Magette, and Gooden are guys who've never shown much interest on that end of the floor so far in their careers. Sure, they're adding talent, but the fit seems to be horribly wrong. I'd think you'd want to surround Jennings and Bogut with defenders and shooters, not ball-dominant wings with shaky outside shots and big guys with questionable motors.

count55
07-01-2010, 03:03 PM
WojYahooNBA

Rudy Gay has agreed to a five-year, $81.6 million deal with Memphis, including a player option on fifth, his reps at Octagon confirmed to Y!

Rudy Gay is staying put.

Sounds like Atlanta is going to offer Joe Johnson max money.

In about two weeks time, there will be several teams that will have tons of cap space and nothing to spend it on. We might be able to convince them that taking one of our expirings for basically nothing is a good way to meet the minimum payroll without overpaying someone for multiple years.

BringJackBack
07-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Rudy Gay is staying put.

Sounds like Atlanta is going to offer Joe Johnson max money.

In about two weeks time, there will be several teams that will have tons of cap space and nothing to spend it on. We might be able to convince them that taking one of our expirings for basically nothing is a good way to meet the minimum payroll without overpaying someone for multiple years.

Well, I'm happy that Rudy is going to stay. That really says something about him sticking with an extremely tiny market, and not sticking around in the free agent pool to see where he could ring chase or get the most cash playing for an undedicated team like the Clippers or whatever.

Unclebuck
07-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Rudy Gay is getting max money. He's not that good

Teams are in the over-paying mode and then 12 months from now they will be crying poor and asking the players to save the owners from themselves

OakMoses
07-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Rudy Gay is getting max money. He's not that good

Teams are in the over-paying mode and then 12 months from now they will be crying poor and asking the players to save the owners from themselves

Right on both accounts, though I'm glad Rudy's staying in Memphis.

Seeing the deals that are being handed out right now to guys like Johnson, Gooden, Milicic, Gay, etc. makes me really hope we can trade some of our expiring contracts rather than enter the FA market. I have no interest in committing to a long-term deal that pays Drew Gooden $6+ million a year.

On the other hand, does Atlanta giving Johnson the max make them any less likely or able to re-sign Horford next summer if someone offers him a huge deal?

BringJackBack
07-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Right on both accounts, though I'm glad Rudy's staying in Memphis.

Seeing the deals that are being handed out right now to guys like Johnson, Gooden, Milicic, Gay, etc. makes me really hope we can trade some of our expiring contracts rather than enter the FA market. I have no interest in committing to a long-term deal that pays Drew Gooden $6+ million a year.

On the other hand, does Atlanta giving Johnson the max make them any less likely or able to re-sign Horford next summer if someone offers him a huge deal?

The thing about tiny markets like Memphis or Atlanta is that they need their star player to stay in tact with the team otherwise they are going to be set back for many years. Thats why guys like Lebron of DWade never will be able to stay in small markets because it just doesn't work out. Thats why we built a team of scrappers in the 90's, just like Detroit did in the Bad Boy days, and like they did in 03-07, or like San Antonio in the 21st century. That is why we gave JO max money, and that is why Grant Hill couldn't stay in Detroit. If JO would have left, what would be left of our team, assuming it didn't blow up like no one would have expected it to. And what was left of the Pistons once Grant Hill left?

Now, unfortunately for them they both had injury problems once they signed their deals, and the Pacers flopped so thats unfortunate but what would have been of Detroit in the 90's and Indiana after the extension?

cdash
07-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Screw this, we've been hearing about this summer for like four years now. Some of these ***holes had better switch teams to make this interesting.

OakMoses
07-01-2010, 10:44 PM
I know this is a bit of a dead horse, but are Gooden, Milicic, and Amir Jognson really worth more than Jarrett Jack?

Magic P
07-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Wasn't Lebron suppose to receive more money from overseas teams?

pwee31
07-01-2010, 11:05 PM
I wish Bosh would want to come to the Pacers. I think the Pacers would have enough to get him as well. The Raptors really wanted George in the draft so we would likely have to part with George and a future first round pick. We could then part with Murphy and Ford to match Bosh's contract, and perhaps add Foster to take back Calderon or Jack.

Oh well, we will see what happens. I believe ultimately Bosh end up in Miami. Lebron most likely Chicago, though I think the Nets could make it interesting if they can get Boozer or Amare.

Harris
Twill
Lebron
Amare or Boozer
Lopez

You would have Favors coming off the bench, as well as Courtney Lee. Not a bad group

CableKC
07-01-2010, 11:18 PM
I wish Bosh would want to come to the Pacers. I think the Pacers would have enough to get him as well. The Raptors really wanted George in the draft so we would likely have to part with George and a future first round pick. We could then part with Murphy and Ford to match Bosh's contract, and perhaps add Foster to take back Calderon or Jack.

Oh well, we will see what happens. I believe ultimately Bosh end up in Miami. Lebron most likely Chicago, though I think the Nets could make it interesting if they can get Boozer or Amare.

Harris
Twill
Lebron
Amare or Boozer
Lopez

You would have Favors coming off the bench, as well as Courtney Lee. Not a bad group
Doesn't the Nets have enough SalaryCap space to get Lebron and Bosh?

Bulls lineup of:

Rose
SG??
Lebron
Bosh
Noah

compared to a Nets lineup of:

Harris
TWill
Lebron
Amare/Boozer/Bosh
Lopez

Which is better?

pwee31
07-01-2010, 11:27 PM
I actually like the both lineups, I think Rose is better then Harris, I think Lopez and Noah are both solid players. Thing is the Nets also have Twill and Courtney Lee at SG, Rookie Damion James to backup Lebron, and Favors to spell Bosh and Lopez. Solid coach who's played the game and is proven in Avery Johnson, Billionaire Russian owner, pal Jay-Z and a view of his wife front row at every home game.

tadscout
07-01-2010, 11:29 PM
I actually like the both lineups, I think Rose is better then Harris, I think Lopez and Noah are both solid players. Thing is the Nets also have Twill and Courtney Lee at SG, Rookie Damion James to backup Lebron, and Favors to spell Bosh and Lopez. Solid coach who's played the game and is proven in Avery Johnson, Billionaire Russian owner, pal Jay-Z and a view of his wife front row at every home game.

I think the ownership and business plan sways it into the Nets favor... that's just my trying to think like Lebron opinion.

Unclebuck
07-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Boston Herald is reporting (to no ones surprise) that pierce is staying with the Celtics. 4 years deal, 3 guaranteed

CableKC
07-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Boston Herald is reporting (to no ones surprise) that pierce is staying with the Celtics. 4 years deal, 3 guaranteed
I think that many of the Players that had the option to Opt out ( that is not named Lebron/Wade/Bosh/JoeJohnson ) are looking to simply get a bigger paycheck. Pierce did it....next up is Dirk. Pierce and Dirk are Players that could test the market but are loyal enough to not want to walk away. I don't blame them....given the CBA Negotiations next season and the mere fact that Teams are overly paying every Top Tier FA.

This is the reason why I do not mind if the Pacers FO really chooses to sit on the majority of the Big4 Expiring Contracts....unless a no-brainer deal is presented to the Pacers....I'd rather sit tight and see what happens with the CBA stuff next season. I don't mind making a change if it makes sense for us and we take back long-term deals that aren't considered overpaid....but I don't want to make a bad deal just to make a deal or to excite the "fanbase".

Unclebuck
07-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Teams are over-paying because of simple supply and demand. The Hawks were worried that the Knicks for example who have been banking on and telling their fans for two years they would get Lebron, but the Hawks see that Lebron likely won't go to the Knicks, so the Knicks are in panic mode and will over-pay to get something. hawks saw that and decided that they better pay full price. So teams that have players the Knicks might want, second teir guys, Gay, Johnson are paying whatever they need

Unclebuck
07-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I've noticed a trend, there is a new thread started for every player that agrees to sign. I would hope unless it directly involves the pacers or is just a huge deal, we keep them in this thread. I mean we really didn't need a new thread on Pierce re-signing with the Celtics because that is not news.

Hope no one starts a new thread for this

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-stoudemiresuns070210
The Phoenix Suns have reached agreement with forward Hakim Warrick(notes) on a four-year, $18 million contract, a deal that likely foreshadows the departure of All-Star Amar’e Stoudemire(notes), league sources said.

Slick Pinkham
07-02-2010, 01:25 PM
I've noticed a trend, there is a new thread started for every player that agrees to sign.

Maybe the title of this thread needs to be changed to "the official free agent signing news thread"

From the current title, at first look I would think it was all about Lebron so wouldn't think to post other news here.

avoidingtheclowns
07-02-2010, 01:54 PM
I've noticed a trend, there is a new thread started for every player that agrees to sign. I would hope unless it directly involves the pacers or is just a huge deal, we keep them in this thread.

Good idea - then we'll have less clutter around the various "Should we sign this free agent with money we don't have" threads.

Unclebuck
07-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Good idea - then we'll have less clutter around the various "Should we sign this free agent with money we don't have" threads.

LOL. Yeah most of those probably should be in one thread under the title you suggest. The only problem is no one will use it as intended.

pwee31
07-02-2010, 02:12 PM
http://realgm.net/src_wiretap_archives/67747/20100702/amare_knicks_near_agreement_on_max_deal/

Amar'e Stoudemire is making progress on a five-year, max contract with the Knicks, according to sources. The two sides have the framework of a deal in place.

Stoudemire played for New York head coach Mike D'Antoni through the 07-08 season.

If the Knicks sign a maximum-salary contract with Stoudemire, the team would still possess a second max slot to offer another free agent.

Sollozzo
07-02-2010, 02:17 PM
If Amare goes there then I'd say that gives the Knicks a damn good chance at getting Lebron.

tadscout
07-02-2010, 02:40 PM
I've noticed a trend, there is a new thread started for every player that agrees to sign. I would hope unless it directly involves the pacers or is just a huge deal, we keep them in this thread. I mean we really didn't need a new thread on Pierce re-signing with the Celtics because that is not news.

Hope no one starts a new thread for this

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-stoudemiresuns070210
The Phoenix Suns have reached agreement with forward Hakim Warrick(notes) on a four-year, $18 million contract, a deal that likely foreshadows the departure of All-Star Amar’e Stoudemire(notes), league sources said.

:thankyou:

Could we also do that with the point guard search thread/ and every time someone gets an idea of an available PG they create a brand new X player? thread (why can't we just keep all the questions/ discussion in the PG search thread instead of a new thread for Lowery, Duhon, ect...).

The board just seems to be getting cluttered up with multiple threads of the same discussion.

tadscout
07-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Pacers are offering 1 yr contracts to free agents so they can have as much salary cap space as possible next summer, according to sources
6 minutes ago via web

Via - M. Wells (https://twitter.com/Wells222/status/17592044996)

Gamble1
07-02-2010, 02:57 PM
How much do we need to be under the cap.. 45mill?????

BornReady
07-02-2010, 02:59 PM
uh...another 1 year rental?

tadscout
07-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Well I think our goal is also to be the most financially sound/built team contract wise after the new CBA is in place... then we'll be the most flexible in being able to make moves to improve our team.

pwee31
07-02-2010, 03:03 PM
If that's the case, we'll likely have the same roster next year, with the addition of our draft picks.

Players want security with the lockout looming. 1 year won't do it

OakMoses
07-02-2010, 03:07 PM
I heard an interview with Ric Bucher on ESPN news a few minutes ago. He said part of the motivation behind all these ridiculous FA signings is that owners firmly believe the new CBA will give them the ability to re-negotiate pre-existing contracts. Interesting.

tadscout
07-02-2010, 03:09 PM
If that's the case, we'll likely have the same roster next year, with the addition of our draft picks.

Players want security with the lockout looming. 1 year won't do it

Shaun Livingston... or a trade.

pwee31
07-02-2010, 03:13 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16647

Raymond Felton is telling more and more people he's finished in Charlotte . . .he's been contacted by seven teams and his camp plans to reach out to Detroit. The Pistons reportedly want to move Stuckey to the two. Ray's a good guy, but Detroit seems like an odd fit. They have already collected a load of underchievers. Maybe they try to move Ben Gordon to Charlotte in a S&T?

The LeBron James circus is getting old for some teams. Some are tired of waiting for James to make his decision and feel that by tomorrow, he should have his mind made up.

In a bold move, the Chicago Bulls are threatening to pull their offer off of the table if James doesn't make a decision by Saturday, sources close to the situation tell HOOPSWORLD.

Threatening to do something is different from actually doing it but the move shows that the Bulls are tired of playing the waiting game, especially as other prominent free agents come off of the board.

Why the threat? Who out their is better then Lebron James? You wait as long as it takes. I understand not wanting to miss out on other players, but if Lebron is truly a possibility, you wait it out and hope for the best.

The Detroit Pistons were not idle yesterday. They made hard passes at their own free agents Ben Wallace, who they want back in a mentor role and could offer a two-year deal, and Will Bynum and could be close to a deal with him too according to sources.

The Pistons made a pass at Dallas' Brendan Haywood. Sources say offering their full Mid-Level exception. Haywood met with Dallas yesterday and was promised the starting center job, according to reports, and seem like he's staying in Dallas.

The Pistons also contacted Magic free agent Matt Barnes and may have a sizable offer for him, using a part of their Mid-Level.

Sources close to the situation say the team might have a commitment today from Bynum and that would set a few other things in motion.

Time to Consider Plan B...

The New York Knicks left their meeting with LeBron James this afternoon expressing confidence in their pitch, they have continued their pursuit of Joe Johnson, despite a hefty offer in hand from the Hawks that the Knicks would be foolish to match.

With Rudy Gay off the market, and LeBron said to be leaning away from New York… where are the Knicks headed?

Sources close to the Knicks said this afternoon that they were not focusing solely on the top 3 or 4 guys in the 2010 class, and that they have reached out to Charlotte restricted free agent Tyrus Thomas, to their own free agent Al Harrington and that they have meetings plans with several other free agents this week.

The Knicks plan has always been to make a compelling pitch to some of the major named players, but sources said there is a real chance they are going to spend their money on several 2nd tier players and guys like Tyrus Thomas are absolutely on their radar.

The Minnesota Timberwolves took a blow this afternoon when Rudy Gay's camp officially canceled his planned visit to the Twin Cities after agreeing to an $82 million deal to remain in Memphis.

The Wolves are still planning to meet with Knicks' free agent David Lee and league sources said this morning that the Wolves we aggressively trying to move Al Jefferson who openly requested a trade last night, and are looking to move him and his $13 million contract for a Traded Player Exception that they would use to sign David Lee to a sign-and-trade deal. In short the Wolves could be giving Jefferson away if it helps them land a player like Lee.

I really hope the Pacers can at least get in on some addition by subtraction moves where teams strike out in free agency and get desperate to fill a competing roster, and take on our expiring contracts.

It would be awesome if the Knicks or Heat needed a PG and were willing to take on Ford without us taking equal value back

pwee31
07-02-2010, 03:26 PM
I heard an interview with Ric Bucher on ESPN news a few minutes ago. He said part of the motivation behind all these ridiculous FA signings is that owners firmly believe the new CBA will give them the ability to re-negotiate pre-existing contracts. Interesting.

Unfortunately you would likely have to open that door on the other end as well. I doubt the players union would see it fit that you can re-negotiate the contract of a player that may be injured or underachieving, but have it where a player who may be overachieving can't re-negotiate their contracts for more money, and holdout like the NFL.

That's a gate that I hope isn't opened

BornReady
07-02-2010, 03:28 PM

thats a REALLY big risk to take..

BornReady
07-02-2010, 03:35 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16647

Why the threat? Who out their is better then Lebron James? You wait as long as it takes. I understand not wanting to miss out on other players, but if Lebron is truly a possibility, you wait it out and hope for the best.

I really hope the Pacers can at least get in on some addition by subtraction moves where teams strike out in free agency and get desperate to fill a competing roster, and take on our expiring contracts.

It would be awesome if the Knicks or Heat needed a PG and were willing to take on Ford without us taking equal value back

chicago hasn't even talked to lebron yet...they're scheduled to talk tomorrow.
poopsworld for the lose.

tadscout
07-02-2010, 03:41 PM

I'm thinking they mean for a one time cross the board scale down of contracts to the new contract scale.

Not opening up a nasty can of worms of forever contract renegotiations/ demands...

pwee31
07-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Bucks resign Salmons, add him to Maggette and Delfino, and you can pretty much show Redd the door

Tom White
07-02-2010, 04:26 PM

I don't see that as being very attractive to FA's.

Tom White
07-02-2010, 04:29 PM

Didn't Bucher also say (a couple years ago) that Bryant would never again put on a Lakers uniform?

Tom White
07-02-2010, 04:33 PM
I understand not wanting to miss out on other players, but if Lebron is truly a possibility, you wait it out and hope for the best.

Yeah, but Chicago has been left with a full wallet and an empty roster before. Maybe they are remembering those days.

I wonder if James is getting advice from Favre?

pwee31
07-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah, but Chicago has been left with a full wallet and an empty roster before. Maybe they are remembering those days.

I wonder if James is getting advice from Fevre?

haha good ole Favre

That's just it though. The Bulls still have a solid roster w/o making any moves, they've basically lost Hinrich and probably Brad Miller from their playoff team and that's it. A backup Center and a backup/starting type combo guard.

Granted those 2 were veterans, but I believe they can replace to 2 players rather easily, especially seeing that they'll have cap space and not have to send back matching salary

Sollozzo
07-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Didn't Bucher also say (a couple years ago) that Bryant would never again put on a Lakers uniform?

Kobe himself said he wanted to be traded.

pwee31
07-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Looks like Wade might be meeting with the Bulls again tonight, with his agent? Interesting, seeing that they want a decision quickly. If Wade decides to leave Miami the Heat will be in HOT water.

http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider

That's big RT @IraHeatBeat Potentially staggering news, D Wade is meeting again tonight with Bulls, likely in the presence of his agent

tadscout
07-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Blake is off the board...

Steve Blake has agreed to a four-year deal with the Lakers, according to a report from John Canzanao.

RealGM Note: Blake bounced around the NBA for several seasons before finding a home with the Blazers in his second tenure. He was dealt to the Clippers shortly before the 2010 NBA deadline in a deal that brought Marcus Camby to Portland.

The point guard position was one area where the Lakers addressed as a high priority this offseason.

Via John Canzano/95.5 FM

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67765/20100702/report_blake_agrees_to_four_year_deal_with_lakers/#ixzz0sZDW7KPO

ChristianDudley
07-02-2010, 06:40 PM
looks like Farmar is a bigger option to us now than ever as I wouldn't imagine the Lakers trying to bring back Farmar now.

pwee31
07-02-2010, 06:41 PM

I've confirmed the Wade-Bulls meeting tonight. Source believes Wade is leaning toward joining Bulls ... Link coming

If Wade joins the Bulls, does that mean Lebron will follow? Or will Bosh follow? No way the Bulls can get all 3... right?

CableKC
07-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Why on Earth would the Players Association be okay with allowing Owners re-negotiate Pre-Exisiting Contracts?

Is this something that is setup or allowed with other Major Sports?

pwee31
07-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Blake is off the board...

I wonder what that means for Fisher since the Lakers apparently gave him a low ball offer.

Guess that means Farmar becomes more of an option for us, even though I still don't see him taking a 1 year 3 million dollar deal.

Who knows though

CableKC
07-02-2010, 06:49 PM
If Wade joins the Bulls, does that mean Lebron will follow? Or will Bosh follow? No way the Bulls can get all 3... right?
I thought that no Team was able to sign 3 FA where ALL 3 get MAX Contracts. At best....it would have been a 2 get MAX and 1 gets less ( or the proverbial "short end of the stick )?

Maybe this is more of a ploy for Wade to force the FO to strongly consider listening to his "wish list" of Players that he had :shrug:

Ozwalt72
07-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Why on Earth would the Players Association be okay with allowing Owners re-negotiate Pre-Exisiting Contracts?

Is this something that is setup or allowed with other Major Sports?

The only thing I could see happening after the CBA is that these bigger contracts get pushed into some sort of system where they count for a % lower on the cap but you still have to pay them what is stated on the contract.

Of course that would make trading those contracts next to impossible.

/just me brainstorming

pwee31
07-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Or perhaps Wade realizes Lebron isn't coming to Miami, and the Heat don't have much of a roster aside from him and perhaps another MAX player, so he's going to a team where he can get a MAX deal and still have a really good roster around him

vnzla81
07-02-2010, 06:56 PM

If Wade joins Chicago I would think that Boozer would join him also, the Knicks seems like they want Bosh over any other PF and would pay him the most

CableKC
07-02-2010, 06:58 PM
I wonder what that means for Fisher since the Lakers apparently gave him a low ball offer.

Guess that means Farmar becomes more of an option for us, even though I still don't see him taking a 1 year 3 million dollar deal.

Who knows though
I doubt it affects Fisher in anyway. He will still be the closer....and Blake will fill the role that Farmar had....backup PG.

I'm with you, I doubt that Farmar would go for a 1 year deal even if we promised him a starting position.

I'd be okay with a 2 year deal with 3rd year Team option at 4 mil per season....but anything beyond that is overpaying.

pwee31
07-02-2010, 07:00 PM
If Wade joins Chicago I would think that Boozer would join him also, the Knicks seems like they want Bosh over any other PF and would pay him the most

Yeah, but the Knicks appear to be in the works of offering Amare a MAX 5 year 100 million contract to reunite with D'Antoni.

This whole time I've thought Bosh and Wade in Miami w/ Lebron going Chicago.

If Wade jumps in front of Lebron and goes to Chicago, then Bosh or Boozer may join him there, with Lebron going elsewhere

Slick Pinkham
07-02-2010, 07:54 PM
I doubt it affects Fisher in anyway. He will still be the closer....and Blake will fill the role that Farmar had....backup PG.

The reality that Laker fans won't admit and that the front office isn't mentioning, of course, is that during parts of the regular season it certainly looked like age was catching up with Fisher, on D particularly, but also on offense. The playoffs, though, with multiple days off in many rounds and never any back-to-backs, helped Fisher tremendously.

They have to be thinking about a time-share at PG being at least a possibility.

CableKC
07-02-2010, 08:19 PM
The reality that Laker fans won't admit and that the front office isn't mentioning, of course, is that during parts of the regular season it certainly looked like age was catching up with Fisher, on D particularly, but also on offense. The playoffs, though, with multiple days off in many rounds and never any back-to-backs, helped Fisher tremendously.

They have to be thinking about a time-share at PG being at least a possibility.
Easy solution......have Blake play the majority of the minutes at PG....roll out Fisher during the 2nd half and/or limit his minutes for the majority of the season...then use him to close important games and the Playoff....a la Shaq.

The Lakers don't really need a PG.....they just need a guy that can stand there and wait for Kobe to pass the ball or adequately run the point when Kobe rests for 15 mpg.

pwee31
07-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Apparently Wade and Bosh are both meeting with the Bulls right now?

RT @ChiTribuneLive: CSN has confirmed that Wade and Bosh are both currently at Henry Thomas' office with #Bulls management about 1 hour ago via web

Are the Bulls going to pull Wade, Bosh and Lebron off, or is this a sign that Lebron is going to end up elsewhere. Wade and Bosh are enough for the Bulls in my eyes, without Lebron

PG:Rose
SG: Wade
SF: Deng
PF: Bosh
C: Noah

That's a really solid starting lineup. If Lebron goes back to Cleveland, we won't be sniffing the playoffs in the Central Division for quite sometime. Though we'll get to play them 4 times a year

pwee31
07-02-2010, 09:40 PM

I'm with you, I doubt that Farmar would go for a 1 year deal even if we promised him a starting position.

I'd be okay with a 2 year deal with 3rd year Team option at 4 mil per season....but anything beyond that is overpaying.

Well Blake who is probably the 2nd PG behind Felton took 4 years and 16 million, but apparently had higher offers on the table, but prefer to chase the ring.

My guess is Felton could get another from 6-10 million a year depending on who's buying

That said, I think Farmar could be had for 2.5-3.5 a year, I just don't think 1 year will cut it. My guess is it'll take 2 years with a team option for the 3rd. And I think that's more then enough time to grade Farmar. Like 3 years 9-10 million with a team option on the last year.

I think the only way he does 1 year is if he gets a players option in the 2nd year where he can show he can play for a year and then test the waters after displaying his talents, or pick up the option if things didn't turn out well

CableKC
07-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Well Blake who is probably the 2nd PG behind Felton took 4 years and 16 million, but apparently had higher offers on the table, but prefer to chase the ring.

My guess is Felton could get another from 6-10 million a year depending on who's buying
I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say that Felton will get a $9-10+ mil per season contract offer from the Knicks.

That said, I think Farmar could be had for 2.5-3.5 a year, I just don't think 1 year will cut it. My guess is it'll take 2 years with a team option for the 3rd. And I think that's more then enough time to grade Farmar. Like 3 years 9-10 million with a team option on the last year.

I think the only way he does 1 year is if he gets a players option in the 2nd year where he can show he can play for a year and then test the waters after displaying his talents, or pick up the option if things didn't turn out well
If Farmar is the best PG that we can get, there is the potential that he could be a somewhat decent Starting PG in a new system and he's willing to sign for $4 mil a season....I don't think that TPTB should stick to whatever 1 year offer strategy and should just do what you suggested.....2 years / 3rd year Team Option at a $4mil (2010) / $5mil (2011) contract offer. He can't be any worse then Watson :shrug: $4-5 mil on the 2011-2012 SalaryCap isn't that bad and puts us in the position to continue to look for a PG but not be forced to if nothing comes along.

Sollozzo
07-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Looks like Lebron met with the Bulls for 3 hours today. My money is on him signing there.

hoosierguy
07-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Are the Bulls going to pull Wade, Bosh and Lebron off, or is this a sign that Lebron is going to end up elsewhere. Wade and Bosh are enough for the Bulls in my eyes, without Lebron

There is no way the Bulls can sign Lebron, Bosh, and Wade. They would have to gut their team a la Miami.

hoosierguy
07-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Looks like Lebron met with the Bulls for 3 hours today. My money is on him signing there.

You've been saying this all week. If Lebron signs there then definitely Wade will not. Miami can give Wade and Bosh both max contracts whereas Chicago has only enough room for one max contract. So if Lebron signs with the Cows then they will have to set their sights on Boozer.

Hicks
07-03-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm starting to wonder if James and Wade just end up staying put.

Pig Nash
07-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Yeah, it's looking more and more like that. But if I'm Wade and I don't get Bosh or LBJ or at least Amare to come play with me, I'm going to Chicago. That cupboard is bare in Miami.

Pointz
07-03-2010, 11:40 PM
I think Wade might go to Chicago to be closer to his family. I would laugh if the Knicks managed to strike out on all the big names after having to hear about them all year and their cap space.

pacers74
07-04-2010, 06:37 AM
Amar'e is at it again. How the knicks could get Parker and Melo this year is beyond me. Unless they just sign Amar'e this year and suck again, then they sign Parker and Melo next summer That might end up being their plan.

Jul 04, 2010 1:07 AM EST
http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Stoudemire_Amare_phx.jpg Amar'e Stoudemire was in New York on Saturday night and talked about who might eventually join him on the Knicks.
"I've talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here," Stoudemire said. "I've talked to Tony Parker. Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we will see if we can work it out."
Stoudemire will meet with the Knicks on Monday.
"It's one of the most historic franchises in NBA history. It's a beautiful city. Madison Square Garden is definitely one of the most intriguing places to play. So they definitely have a few great points on their side."
He was non-committal when was asked whether he was disappointed about not returning to Phoenix.
"The organization of Phoenix has been great my whole career," he said. "I left my stamp on that organization as far as what we were able to accomplish. It was a great ride. So on to the next one."

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67809/20100704/amare_claims_carmelo_parker_will_join_him_with_kni cks/#ixzz0si0JrxUd

JB24
07-04-2010, 07:45 AM
I find this a little hard to believe (the bit about Bosh staying in TO) but you never know...

Wade and Bosh finished their pitch sessions Friday night, when both met with the Bulls. Saturday was the main event, with the Bulls and hometown Cavs having an audience with LeBron amid a surreal scene in downtown Cleveland. One of the executives involved in the recruiting process over the past few days described it this way: Now is when the emotion of the process and the glitz of the presentations fade and reality sets in. Reality, and the known vs. the unknown. And the executive came away with the distinct impression that Wade is staying in Miami, LeBron is staying in Cleveland, and Bosh -- left out to dry in such a scenario -- would then be far more interested in the extra $25-$30 million the Raptors can offer him than he's been for the past 72 hours.

"All these guys know where they're going to go," a person with close ties to one of the players involved in the process said. "This whole thing has just been a spectacle."

CBS Sports (http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/22983172)

owl
07-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Follow the money. That will nine times out of ten tell you where someone ends up. In this case the hometown team has the edge.

Marlin
07-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Amar'e is at it again. How the knicks could get Parker and Melo this year is beyond me. Unless they just sign Amar'e this year and suck again, then they sign Parker and Melo next summer That might end up being their plan.

Jul 04, 2010 1:07 AM EST
http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Stoudemire_Amare_phx.jpg Amar'e Stoudemire was in New York on Saturday night and talked about who might eventually join him on the Knicks.
"I've talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here," Stoudemire said. "I've talked to Tony Parker. Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we will see if we can work it out."
Stoudemire will meet with the Knicks on Monday.
"It's one of the most historic franchises in NBA history. It's a beautiful city. Madison Square Garden is definitely one of the most intriguing places to play. So they definitely have a few great points on their side."
He was non-committal when was asked whether he was disappointed about not returning to Phoenix.
"The organization of Phoenix has been great my whole career," he said. "I left my stamp on that organization as far as what we were able to accomplish. It was a great ride. So on to the next one."

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67809/20100704/amare_claims_carmelo_parker_will_join_him_with_kni cks/#ixzz0si0JrxUd
I wonder how the Nuggets and Spurs feel about that...

DocHolliday
07-04-2010, 10:26 AM
I'm starting to wonder if James and Wade just end up staying put.

Big news there :rolleyes: The Knicks have a history of posturing as if they are getting free agent-to be Michael Jordan (mid-90's) Kobe Bryant, Reggie Miller, Tim Duncan...whomever the big name is, and coming up with a hurried rush to sign someone/anyone to save face. Hype--gotta love it. But be sure to tune in to the next Sportscenter to find out EXACTLY where Lebron is going!!!!!!!!!!!1 No really, we promise there's new information!

Sollozzo
07-04-2010, 07:24 PM
The Knicks were granted a second meeting with The King's reps on Saturday night.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/04/2010-07-04_knicks_granted_second_meeting_with_lebron.html

vapacersfan
07-04-2010, 07:46 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/pb1300/King_James_Suitors.gif

pwee31
07-04-2010, 08:14 PM
haha that's hilarious w/ the faces on the Michael Jackson remember the time clips. Knowing that video makes it even more funny

pwee31
07-04-2010, 08:40 PM
I just don't see Lebron going back to the Cavs. What have they done to get better? They have no flexibility unless someone will take their overrated players off their hands.

If Lebron thinks he can win with pretty the same roster, and a different coach then he can likely return.

I think Lebron goes to the Knicks or Nets for some reason, and Wade goes to the Bulls.

I think Bosh, Boozer and David Lee are the real wild cards.

Boozer could still go back to Utah, believe it or not, if not then the Bulls or Nets are the likely choice

If Amare is indeed going to sign with the Knicks, then I think Lee b/c valuable in a sign and trade, or even a a PF with Amare at Center.

I don't know... too many possibilities. I just can't wait for either Wade, Lebron or Bosh to sign or commit b/c that's when everything else falls into place and we can start seeing what rosters are looking like

owl
07-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Apparently Joe Johnson has finally decided to stay with Atlanta. Per hoopshype.

vapacersfan
07-04-2010, 08:52 PM
I take everything I hear with a grain of salt when it comes to rumors, but supposedly Lebron has given all indications he does not want to go to New York. We will see if that is accurate or not.

ksuttonjr76
07-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Wade in Chicago...Lebron in New Jersey. Boozer and Bosh will complete the PF spot respectively. I would be really surprised if Wade signed with Miami.

jeffg-body
07-05-2010, 02:31 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but is anyone else just getting sick and tired about hearing about the Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Amare sweepstakes?

kester99
07-05-2010, 04:19 AM
At last, the straight poop on LeBron....from The Onion, reporting you can believe in:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/speculation-about-where-lebron-will-play-could-end,17634/

MrSparko
07-05-2010, 05:19 AM
At last, the straight poop on LeBron....from The Onion, reporting you can believe in:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/speculation-about-where-lebron-will-play-could-end,17634/

Getting to read my man Kester's words again AND an Onion article. Happy days!

Sollozzo
07-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Bosh seems to want to have his cake and eat it too. He wants to leave Toronto but doesn't want to lose the 6th year and the extra 30 million, therefore leaving only a sign and trade scenario out there. Unfortunately for him, a sign and trade could be difficult to get done as he has clearly ticked off the Raptors front office thus making them not exactly eager to help him out. Toronto isn't going to want any of Miami's garbage and it's difficult to imagine them working out something with Chicago. They'd probably want Noah and the Bulls certainly wouldn't want to part with him. They'd probably prefer keeping Noah and look to getting Boozer in that scenario.

You have to ask yourself what's more important: 30 extra million dollars when you'll have earned well over 100 million dollars in your playing days or taking a pay cut to play with a star and contend for a championship? You could probably earn some of that 30 mil back with endorsement opportunities that could come about with the national exposure you'd get if you won a title with Wade or Lebron.

It's Bosh's life and career and he certainly has the right to max out his salary if that's what he wants. But it might come at a price as you can't just force teams to do sign and trades, especially when you've already ticked off the team who would be trading you...

wintermute
07-05-2010, 02:16 PM
whether or not toronto is ticked off by bosh, they'll still do a sign and trade rather than be left with nothing. they're clearly not going into rebuilding mode soon, not with long term contracts to turkoglu, calderon, bargnani, and jack. not to mention the insane deal they just gave amir johnson.

Sollozzo
07-05-2010, 03:15 PM
whether or not toronto is ticked off by bosh, they'll still do a sign and trade rather than be left with nothing. they're clearly not going into rebuilding mode soon, not with long term contracts to turkoglu, calderon, bargnani, and jack. not to mention the insane deal they just gave amir johnson.

Depends on where he wants to go. If Wade stays in Miami and Bosh wants to follow him there then I don't think there is any way a sign and trade gets done. Toronto doesn't exactly want to do charity work for Bosh but more importantly Miami would have absolutely nothing to offer. Toronto doesn't want Beasley or any of the scrubs on Miami. Being left with nothing would be better than taking on any of Miami's junk.

Chicago? I bet Toronto would be firm about Noah. Who else could on that roster would they want? In that case, I see the Bulls looking towards Boozer or even Lee to pair alongside Noah.

Toronto will obviously do a sign and trade if there's a deal where they can clearly upgrade their team. But they aren't exactly thrilled with how Bosh has handled this and aren't going to help him out just to be nice.

Bosh just can't will a sign and trade to wherever he wants. He might have to make a sacrifice in some form or another.

pacers74
07-05-2010, 04:05 PM
The scroll just said that THe knicks have been offered to seperate deals for a s&t for Lee. Ellis was one and Al Jefferson was the other one.

Wu-Gambino
07-05-2010, 05:07 PM
It seems like if Bosh were to really want a sign and trade, he'd be better off going to one of the Texas teams. I imagine all three of those teams could each put together an attractive offer for the Raptors.

Sollozzo
07-05-2010, 05:18 PM
It seems like if Bosh were to really want a sign and trade, he'd be better off going to one of the Texas teams. I imagine all three of those teams could each put together an attractive offer for the Raptors.

Write Dallas off - he's already said he doesn't want to play there.

tadscout
07-06-2010, 12:16 AM
Derrick Rose reportedly preferred the Bulls to sign Joe Johnson instead of LeBron James, according to multiple people that spoke with Brian Windhorst.

Both Rose and Johnson are represented by Arn Tellem.

Via Brian Windhorst/Plain Dealer (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67865/20100705/rose_preferred_johnson_over_lebron/#ixzz0ss8cSj5P

Hmm I think it's now between the Cavs, NJ, and NY trailing them now...

CableKC
07-06-2010, 12:29 AM
What's the MAX contract that any of these Team can offer Lebron/Wade/Bosh?

Amare got WAY overpaid with $20 mil a for 5 seasons.....can Lebron/Wade/Bosh get more then that?

or

Is the MAX going to be $20 mil a year?

graphic-er
07-06-2010, 12:33 AM
I wonder if the Spurs could do a S/T for Bosh. Jefferson has opted out giving them cap space, They could send Parker to Toronto for Bosh. It could be the twin tower redux!

graphic-er
07-06-2010, 12:36 AM
I also can't believe Chris Bosh has been such an ignoramus when it comes this idea that he would be be just following Lebron or Wade. He should take the attitude that heck yea he wants to follow one of those players, and go win 3 rings over the next 5 years. Who cares about what it will look like. Bosh has never made any noise in the playoffs anyways!

Oh and if any of these guys stay with their home teams, then they will never win a Championship.

Tom White
07-06-2010, 09:42 AM
I also can't believe Chris Bosh has been such an ignoramus when it comes this idea that he would be be just following Lebron or Wade. He should take the attitude that heck yea he wants to follow one of those players, and go win 3 rings over the next 5 years. Who cares about what it will look like. Bosh has never made any noise in the playoffs anyways!

Oh and if any of these guys stay with their home teams, then they will never win a Championship.

Get ready to see some of them go ring-less, then. Their "home" teams can pay them more, and despite what the players say, money talks.

"I want to win! I really just want to win! I just really, really.............wait, how much money did you say again?"

Unclebuck
07-06-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but is anyone else just getting sick and tired about hearing about the Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Amare sweepstakes?

No, I enjoy any talk about the NBA in the offseason. This has been fun

pwee31
07-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Duhon to the Magic. Another PG off the board for 4 years and close to 4 million

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5357340&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

Free agent point guard Chris Duhon agreed to a four year, $15 million dollar contract with the Orlando Magic, his agent, Kevin Bradbury, told ESPN.com.

The 27-year-old Duhon was the starting point guard for the New York Knicks the last two seasons. He averaged 7.4 ppg and 5.6 apg last season for the Knicks.

The Magic currently only had one point guard, Jameer Nelson, on the roster

Drafted by the Chicago Bulls in the second round of the 2004 NBA draft, Duhon has averaged 7.7 points and 5.6 assists in his six NBA seasons.

SycamoreKen
07-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Not a bad pick up for the Magic there. I'm with Buck in that I enjoy any talk about the NBA. Just think, after the free agents all get signed all they will be talking about is how things are going to shut down after next season, ala the NFL.

Justin Tyme
07-06-2010, 10:11 AM

I'm a morning avid reader of Hoopshype, and I have gotten to so tired of seeing 80% of the daily info centered around them. I just look thru it for any info not concerning them to read. I can't wait until James finally makes a decision. It's worse than the soaps.

Justin Tyme
07-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Duhon to the Magic. Another PG off the board for 4 years and close to 4 million

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5357340&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

That's 3.75 mil a year which is about 2mil a year less than he signed with the Knicks. 3.75 mil is in the range the Pacers are looking to sign a PG for 1 year. That's another team that Watson isn't going to go to play for.

pwee31
07-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Looks like it may be down to rather Bosh wants to play for the Heat or Cavs.

http://twitter.com/chris_broussard

Raptors have told Cavs they would do a sign-and-trade with them for Bosh. Cavs and LeBron working to convince Bosh to join them in Cleveland

Lots of signs pointing this direction re: @chris_broussard reports Nets believe DWade & Bosh will re-sign w/ Heat http://es.pn/bHNe78

Sollozzo
07-06-2010, 01:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607

So far it looks like Bosh has been cold to playing in Cleveland. Bosh seems hell-bent on getting three things: 1) Sign and trade so he gets the 6 years, 2) Teaming up with a fellow star, 3) going to a city of his choice. It doesn't seem like he wants to go somewhere unless he gets all 3. Jesus that guy is unrealisticly picky.

If Lebron freaking James is recruiting you to go to Cleveland but you are cold to the idea merely because it's Cleveland then you are a complete fool, IMO. Playing in a city of your liking is important to an extent, but it shouldn't be more important than teaming up with one of the greatest players ever and having a chance to win titles. It looks like Bosh is eager to play with the King but wants it to be in Chicago, Miami, or Jersey. Sorry, you're Chris Bosh, he's Lebron James. He's the one holding the cards. If you want to play with him that badly then you go where he wants to go. Not to mention CB would be getting that precious 6th year and 30 extra mil in this scenario. How could you turn all of that down just because of a city?

Playing with James will give him national exposure regardless of the city he's in. Look at how much more important Pau Gasol is now that he's teaming up with Kobe on the Lakers and winning rings.

Bosh has all off season to live in Miami, Chicago, LA or wherever he wants. He will retire at 40 or so with all the money in the world and can live wherever he wants to for the rest of his life. But right now his job is to play basketball and if he doesn't join James in Cleveland just because he doesn't want to be in Cleveland then that's frankly one of the most absurd things I've ever heard.

Unclebuck
07-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Looks like the raptors are all set to trade Bosh to the Cavs, but Bosh has to agree first

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607

Everything is set for Chris Bosh to join LeBron James in Cleveland. Everything, that is, except Bosh's approval.

The Toronto Raptors have told the Cleveland Cavaliers they will do a sign-and-trade with them for Bosh, according to several league sources.

The exact details of the potential trade have not been solidified, but Toronto likely would get Anderson Varejao and/or J.J. Hickson, Delonte West and perhaps Anthony Parker. A draft pick could be involved as well.

Mike & Mike in the Morning
ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard says he thinks LeBron James is leaning towards staying in Cleveland. Chris Bosh wants to play with James but would rather do it in a bigger city than Cleveland.

Both James and Bosh are aware that such a trade is possible, and James has tried to recruit Bosh to the Cavaliers several times in the past few weeks, according to sources.

But right now, Bosh remains cold to the idea of playing in Cleveland.

The Cavaliers are hopeful that will change, because in Cleveland, Bosh can meet two of his top priorities: playing with James, and getting a six-year, $125 million contract.

If Bosh joins a team without doing a sign-and-trade, he will be able to sign only a five-year deal worth $96 million. He is determined not to leave that $29 million on the table, according to sources.

Although Bosh wants to play with James, he wants to do it in Chicago, Miami or New Jersey. Sources say he has told the Raptors those are the teams he would like to go to in a sign-and-trade.

Bosh also could play with Dwyane Wade instead of James in those cities.

Toronto, however, will not cooperate in a sign-and-trade with Miami, which has no players in whom the Raptors are interested, according to sources.

To move Bosh to Chicago, the Raptors likely would ask for Joakim Noah, though they could perhaps be persuaded to take a package that does not include him.

The Nets would seem to be able to put together an enticing package for the Raptors that included rookie lottery pick Derrick Favors.

Chris Broussard covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.

CableKC
07-06-2010, 01:53 PM
If Bosh goes to LA for Bynum...I'm gonna throw up....

Speed
07-06-2010, 02:58 PM
A little Blurb on Realgm.com that Felton is talking to NY and the Heat, but also lists NJ as a spot he could go to. I wonder why he'd be talking to NJ with Devin Harris there?

count55
07-06-2010, 02:59 PM
A little Blurb on Realgm.com that Felton is talking to NY and the Heat, but also lists NJ as a spot he could go to. I wonder why he'd be talking to NJ with Devin Harris there?

There have been rumbles for some time that NJ doesn't really view Harris as a PG...or at least "the" PG.

docpaul
07-07-2010, 12:49 AM
Now here's a guy that has the real scoop on LBJ:

http://twitter.com/WhitlockJason

I thought I was going mad listening to this nonstop hype cycle... this guy cracks me up.

Check this out:

http://twitter.com/WhitlockEats

Classic.

pwee31
07-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Apparently Lebron will announce his decision Thursday after a conference call with Wade and Bosh tomorrow

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmSZtSbUiFLVWus4_NmsLaQ5nYcB?slug=ap-courtinglebron

AKRON, Ohio (AP)—Broadcaster ESPN reported Tuesday that James will announce his future NBA plans during a one-hour special on its network Thursday.

ESPN’s Chris Broussard said James’ “representatives” contacted the network and asked for the unusual arrangement.

It is not known which team James will join or where the announcement will take place.

The two-time NBA most valuable player and a marquee name in a stellar free-agent class also featuring Dwyane Wade(notes) and Chris Bosh(notes), recently met with six teams—the Cleveland Cavaliers, Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers, New York Knicks and New Jersey Nets.

Both James’ publicist Keith Estabrook and ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz declined comment to The Associated Press.

Citing anonymous “independent sources,” Broussard reported James’ group requested they be allowed to sell sponsorship for the special with proceeds going to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.

James’ agent Leon Rose and business manager Maverick Carter did not return phone calls and e-mails from the AP seeking comment.

Earlier, all his fans got was a tweet out of James.

James opened a Twitter account and posted his first message on the social networking site. Although he provided no information about his future plans, he offered something as the NBA awaits the decision on where he’ll play next.

“Hello World, the Real King James is in the Building,” said the tweet from KingJames, which by 11 p.m. EDT had more than 187,000 followers.

After arriving for the second day of his skills academy on Tuesday four hours later than expected, James spent six hours at Rhodes Arena in meetings and playing ball with several Cavaliers teammates against high school campers before heading home. He didn’t speak to reporters before pulling away in his customized Dodge pickup.

“That’s the question,” Cavs teammate Daniel Gibson(notes) said when asked what he thinks James will do. “I don’t know. I’m here with the hanging-out, having-fun LeBron. I’m not out here with the business LeBron.”

Estabrook confirmed the superstar joined Twitter, a place where Wade and Bosh often post details about their public lives off the floor.

In the past, James poked fun at athletes for giving details of their daily routines on Twitter and Facebook, but at the prodding of New Orleans guard Chris Paul(notes), his U.S. Olympic teammate and closest friend in the league, James decided it was time to join the fun.

There have been various reports that Toronto was working on a sign-and-trade deal with Cleveland for Bosh, and that James is trying to convince him to join the Cavaliers.

However, a person familiar with the talks said the Cavs have spoken to the Raptors and several other teams but that no players have been discussed and nothing is close to being finalized. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the negotiations.

Cleveland can offer James a maximum-length deal worth $30 million, more than any other team. But if they re-sign him, the Cavs would have no more money to sign a player of Bosh’s stature unless they open room under the salary cap. Teams can not sign players before Thursday, one day after the new salary-cap figure is announced.

Miami and Chicago could be interested in making a similar deal with the Raptors.

While James is the star attraction in this summer’s stacked class of free agents, other players have either stayed home or found a new one. On Monday, Amare Stoudemire agreed to a five-year deal with the New York Knicks and said he would continue to recruit James to join him.

Sollozzo
07-07-2010, 01:25 AM
I think the King is going to New York now.

Ozwalt72
07-07-2010, 01:38 AM
I think either New Jersey or Cleveland. This freakin' ESPN special he is gonna run makes me think he either bought the "global marketing" stuff Prokhorov was spouting or he's going to basically rub it in to all the other teams faces that he simply resigned.

cdash
07-07-2010, 01:38 AM
I think the King is going to New York now.

I want to see the King in New York. I honestly think he's going to stay in Cleveland, but I'd like to see him in Zoo York.

Sollozzo
07-07-2010, 01:52 AM
I honestly think Bosh snubbing his nose at Cleveland might have cost the Cavs re-signing Lebron. If Lebron knows Wade and Bosh are teaming up in Miami then I don't see him staying in Cleveland. I think Lebron+Amare is better than the Cavs.

Would Lebron really have a 1 hour special merely to announce he's re-signing with Cleveland? That's kind of, well, boring.......My guess he's going to have a speech thanking the fans of Cleveland blah blah and then announce that he will be a New York Knick.

I'm sure Lebron is a guy who appreciates the historical context of the NBA. He knows that if he delivers a title to New York that he will be a god forever.

Broussard tweeted that the Knicks are gaining major ground. Yes, Broussard has said all kinds of things the past week but he is apparently the guy who got the scoop about the ESPN special so maybe he's on to something here.

Like I said in the other thread, the Amare signing at the very least has made Lebron think deeply about joining the Knicks. For that reason alone it's a great signing. If Lebron actually signs in New York then that Amare signing turns into one of the best signings ever because Lebron probably doesn't even consider going there without him.

CableKC
07-07-2010, 03:38 AM
I honestly think Bosh snubbing his nose at Cleveland might have cost the Cavs re-signing Lebron. If Lebron knows Wade and Bosh are teaming up in Miami then I don't see him staying in Cleveland. I think Lebron+Amare is better than the Cavs.

Would Lebron really have a 1 hour special merely to announce he's re-signing with Cleveland? That's kind of, well, boring.......My guess he's going to have a speech thanking the fans of Cleveland blah blah and then announce that he will be a New York Knick.

I'm sure Lebron is a guy who appreciates the historical context of the NBA. He knows that if he delivers a title to New York that he will be a god forever.

Broussard tweeted that the Knicks are gaining major ground. Yes, Broussard has said all kinds of things the past week but he is apparently the guy who got the scoop about the ESPN special so maybe he's on to something here.

Like I said in the other thread, the Amare signing at the very least has made Lebron think deeply about joining the Knicks. For that reason alone it's a great signing. If Lebron actually signs in New York then that Amare signing turns into one of the best signings ever because Lebron probably doesn't even consider going there without him.
In order to counter, I wonder why the Nets wouldn't try to work out some S&T with Toronto for Bosh for that 6 year deal while sending the Raptors Favors or something.

Wait...I've lost track...can the Nets offer 2 MAX Contracts?

Also...if Lebron goes to NY...I'm gonna be sick. I'd much rather he go to Chicago. I'm wondering why they seem to sound so quiet in all this. With Rudy and Joe Johnson out of the FA market.....is there anyone else to pair with Lebron other then Bosh or Boozer?

ChristianDudley
07-07-2010, 07:55 AM
You know you are something special when you get your own time on ESPN to state which team you're signing with LIVE. I wonder why Solomon Jones didn't get this opportunity last season?? :( j/k lol

Kstat
07-07-2010, 07:57 AM
In order to counter, I wonder why the Nets wouldn't try to work out some S&T with Toronto for Bosh for that 6 year deal while sending the Raptors Favors or something.

Wait...I've lost track...can the Nets offer 2 MAX Contracts?

Also...if Lebron goes to NY...I'm gonna be sick. I'd much rather he go to Chicago. I'm wondering why they seem to sound so quiet in all this. With Rudy and Joe Johnson out of the FA market.....is there anyone else to pair with Lebron other then Bosh or Boozer?

The Nets can't counter offer a sign and trade. Bosh has to agree to play there before Toronto can trade him. Clearly, he isn't interested in Cleveland or New Jersey.

pacers74
07-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Not lebron news, but another PG is off of the market. I don't think we were interested in him anyway.

Magic reach deal with former Knicks PG Chris Duhon

By ANTONIO GONZALEZ, Associated Press Writer Jul 6, 4:22 pm EDT

<IFRAME src="http://l.yimg.com/j/static/facebook_share.html?align=right&urn=urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,ap:20050301:nba,articl e,ap-magic-duhon:1" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no></IFRAME>
Email (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AvvubrgmZalztNGJZTlNafCLvLYF/SIG=1782iflqj/**http%3A//m2f.news.yahoo.com/mailto%3Furl=http%253A%252F%252Fsports.yahoo.com%2 52Fnba%252Fnews%253Fslug%253Dap-magic-duhon%26title=Magic%2Breach%2Bdeal%2Bwith%2Bformer %2BKnicks%2BPG%2BChris%2BDuhon%26prop=sports%26loc ale=us%26rf=l)
Print (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AloMLHmIZefB7LPnLpM7icuLvLYF?slug=ap-magic-duhon&print=1)

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—The Orlando Magic (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/orl/;_ylt=Au7ZWLy3zpfLOT4y.q7ukJeLvLYF) tried to sign Chris Duhon (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3855/;_ylt=AkPntMP.BHuwTHsoJZYhdW6LvLYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3855/news;_ylt=Aud9Y67I5SbhX0zmVyDxuOeLvLYF) in free agency two years ago only to watch him go to New York.
They finally got their man Tuesday.
Duhon reached an agreement with the Magic for a $15 million, four-year deal, his agent said. Teams can’t officially sign free agents until Thursday.
Agent Kevin Bradbury told The Associated Press that the chance to play for a championship contender was enough to sway Duhon to the Magic this time. Duhon fills a much-needed role behind starter Jameer Nelson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3837/;_ylt=AjAWmHK2HYCrWh1_X0t0szOLvLYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3837/news;_ylt=Aksuf50nvV1OgT0Cwmid_PCLvLYF) and could step into the starting spot should an injury occur.
<!-- SpaceID=0 noconn 61 ads1 -->

“The last time Chris was a free agent, the Magic obviously pursued him hard,” Bradbury said. “Chris didn’t forget that, and he has a lot of respect for that team. The Magic called right away.”
ESPN.com first reported the deal.
Duhon spent the last two years starting for the New York Knicks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/nyk/;_ylt=AreHOZPObCSDVb_gGpsqsViLvLYF), never really living up to expectations and falling out of favor with coach Mike D’Antoni. He averaged 7.4 points and 5.6 assists per game last season.
Duhon’s first four seasons came with the Chicago Bulls (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/chi/;_ylt=AoY6X0XoDXVYrX4CI3I0YSeLvLYF), who drafted him in 2004. The Magic tried to sign Duhon in 2008 before he went to New York.
Magic general manager Otis Smith said the Knicks’ offer back then—a two-year deal worth more than $11 million—was more than he was willing to spend. Even though he had little success with the Knicks, Smith said playing with All-Star center Dwight Howard (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3818/;_ylt=ApcYPFTeLPjycFzKqaanieuLvLYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3818/news;_ylt=AjGxobU.dO7cKa8mwrTYuWCLvLYF) should open up Duhon’s game.
“I think if maybe he had to do it over again, it may be a different situation,” Smith said. “And here we are two years later and him having to do it all over again, and he still fits as well as he did before.
“I think our style of play will help him. We’re not really that different (from New York). But the difference here is he has the big fella inside to help him out.”
The former Duke standout could also reunite with J.J. Redick (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4139/;_ylt=Apv3mwbhf0qnli93BcvSuymLvLYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4139/news;_ylt=Ah6_FPgY2GiREZVXCpMaBkSLvLYF), a restricted free agent who Orlando is hoping to retain. The Magic, who will be over the luxury tax for the second straight season, have little wiggle room in free agency.
Nelson is the only point guard currently on the Magic’s roster. Last year’s reserves, Jason Williams (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3250/;_ylt=AqMhV69uks_UiHq1BRFcW.CLvLYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3250/news;_ylt=At8iVtL5XYW_TDkh_kSxeKOLvLYF) and Anthony Johnson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3207/;_ylt=AlmsymtjmFJwuRBsmkG_pMqLvLYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3207/news;_ylt=AhUCwGQmBr1EK7.W5wWkhB.LvLYF), are free agents.
That makes Duhon’s signing all the more important in a thin year for free agent point guards.
Nelson also has had repeated injuries—a tear in his right shoulder sidelined him for most of the 2009 season, and torn cartilage in his left knee put him on the bench for about two months last year—that puts added pressure to have a reliable backup.
Duhon was willing to accept a reserve role to come to Orlando, which went to the NBA finals in 2009 and the Eastern Conference finals this year. He’s friends with Nelson and Howard, among others, and his agent believes Duhon will make a smooth transition.
“It was a great experience in New York,” Bradbury said, “but now Chris has a great chance on a great Orlando team.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuHyZlC6_47EugO1QtTF9968vLYF?slug=ap-magic-duhon

ChristianDudley
07-07-2010, 09:31 PM
from Twitter:

daldridgetnt: Breaking: Ray Allen staying with Boston with two-year, 20M deal. story up soon on NBA.com.

WojYahooNBA: Jermaine O'Neal is leaning toward signing with Boston, but still considering Denver, league sources tell Y! Decision will come soon.

Kuq_e_Zi91
07-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Ray Allen re-signs with Boston.

Breaking: Ray Allen staying with Boston with two-year, 20M deal. story up soon on NBA.com.
http://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/17996703178

pwee31
07-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Looks like Boston is going to give it one more go w/ the Big 3. I think they have to get more talent on the bench, younger talent I'm sure if what they're looking for. Bradley and Harangody should help some

Doddage
07-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Thank goodness the Celtics are back. I love the basketball they play. Although, they're going to have tougher competition next season, so they'll need to put up the same kind of fight, if not a stronger one, as they did last playoffs.

pwee31
07-07-2010, 09:45 PM
http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA

Two Cablevision helicopters have been flown to the New York Knicks practice facility, according to sources.

Chicago Bulls will target J.J. Redick next, according to sources.

Kuq_e_Zi91
07-07-2010, 09:46 PM
2nd year of the 2 year $20 mil contract is a player option for Ray.

Frostwolf
07-07-2010, 11:30 PM
that's still a lot of money for a 35 year old...

Doddage
07-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Nets sign Travis Outlaw for 5-35. Meh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5363686

Thursday, July 8, 2010
Agent: Nets, Outlaw agree to deal
<hr noshade="noshade" size="1" width="100%"> ESPN.com news services

Forward Travis Outlaw (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2015) has agreed to a five-year, $35 million deal with the Nets, his agent, Bill Duffy, told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

The 25-year-old Outlaw averaged 8.7 points and 3.6 rebounds in 23 games for the Los Angeles Clippers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lac) after being acquired as part of a trade that sent Marcus Camby (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=125) to the Portland Trail Blazers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=por). In 11 games for Portland last season, Outlaw averaged 9.9 points and 3.5 rebounds.

Drafted in the first round by Portland in 2003, Outlaw has averaged 9.5 points and 3.4 rebounds in seven NBA seasons.

Speed
07-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I kinda wish we had the money to participate in the franchise player sweepstakes this year, I'm sooooo glad we don't have the money to pay Travis Outlaw 35 million over 5 years.

I'm starting to buy off completely on having money to go discount shopping post new CBA.

McKeyFan
07-08-2010, 12:10 PM
that's still a lot of money for a 35 year old...

I'll take it when I'm 70.

Chuck Chillout
07-08-2010, 12:14 PM
I kinda wish we had the money to participate in the franchise player sweepstakes this year, I'm sooooo glad we don't have the money to pay Travis Outlaw 35 million over 5 years.

I'm starting to buy off completely on having money to go discount shopping post new CBA.
I'd be with you if the Pacers just planned on playing their "core"/young guys next year, especially with George and Stephenson being so intriguing.

But if the roster doesn't change, it's another season of Murphleavy and Ford getting heavy minutes. I'd rather us trade our expirings rather than that rerun of a season.

Justin Tyme
07-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Nets sign Travis Outlaw for 5-35. Meh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5363686

That's more than he's worth. Sounds like the Nets are feeling shut out of the FA race and decided to jump in and overpay.

Justin Tyme
07-08-2010, 12:56 PM
2nd year of the 2 year $20 mil contract is a player option for Ray.

I knew he wouldn't get a max contract like some others suggested. I'm surprised he got 10 mil. At his age, 7-8 mil would have been more in line.

Doddage
07-08-2010, 01:24 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-haywoodmavericks070810

Mavericks agree on deal with Haywood

By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 10 minutes ago

The Dallas Mavericks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/dal/;_ylt=Ao4hNMERkpS4qxtadvgH7UMQmNIF) have reached agreement on a six-year, $55 million contract to re-sign center Brendan Haywood (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3532/;_ylt=AgTX.Jv55fdWA1RWs7JkDcoQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3532/news;_ylt=AptM8eChpKh8gvHQ_fLSNZ8QmNIF), a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

Haywood came to Dallas in the middle of last season in a trade that also delivered Caron Butler (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3608/;_ylt=AswDpYP6ChIzMWSEdAUvy20QmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3608/news;_ylt=AoSfY_uO1X4D8pJgtMotBRYQmNIF) and DeShawn Stevenson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3422/;_ylt=AkUZ9VzDCqCPuOfq9mnz3LwQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3422/news;_ylt=AoY3UQJxh_69tHgehoM3IBkQmNIF) to the Mavericks. Haywood averaged 8.1 points, 7.4 rebounds and 2.0 blocks during 28 games for the Mavericks.

With Erick Dampier’s (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3117/;_ylt=Au6Lhj5Uw2Qz0tzLfjeztG4QmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3117/news;_ylt=AoAOCWsdVzdFjlwkIysHjUMQmNIF) contract not guaranteed for this season, Haywood figures to play an even more prominent role for the Mavericks.

Dallas was aggressive in re-signing Haywood by having coach Rick Carlisle meet with him in Charlotte, N.C., on the first day of free agency. Haywood, 30, was possibly the top center on the market and was also courted by the Miami Heat (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/mia/;_ylt=AuZ4aSnbNCulvJuXLolDSAIQmNIF) and Cleveland Cavaliers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/cle/;_ylt=At9MK9gQNvY55rtefdtGIxgQmNIF).

Prior to being traded to Dallas, Haywood spent his first 8½ seasons with the Washington Wizards (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/was/;_ylt=Al9_hZuVsJgk89AvoAUOUnIQmNIF).

Slick Pinkham
07-08-2010, 01:55 PM
That's a lot for Brenda.

How is it that the Heat can be offering 25-30 mill over 5 years for Mike Miller, as cited as real gm? They don't have a MLE to use until they are over the salary cap, and that would be only after adding Bosh, Wade, and James. If they signed him as a straight free agent, they wouldn't have the caprrom for all four. Am I missing something?

Justin Tyme
07-08-2010, 02:03 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-haywoodmavericks070810

The Mavs better hope at that price he produces the value they are paying for. I wonder if the contract is front loaded.

wintermute
07-08-2010, 02:07 PM
How is it that the Heat can be offering 25-30 mill over 5 years for Mike Miller, as cited as real gm? They don't have a MLE to use until they are over the salary cap, and that would be only after adding Bosh, Wade, and James. If they signed him as a straight free agent, they wouldn't have the caprrom for all four. Am I missing something?

you're right. but the heat could possibly send beasley ($5m) to the raptors in a s&t for bosh.

graphic-er
07-08-2010, 02:09 PM
That's a lot for Brenda.

I agree, this is something I dont' understand. If you are signing 3 guys to nearly 20 Million dollars a year. and the Cap is 58 Million, who do they have any money left to sign anyone???

CableKC
07-08-2010, 02:09 PM
I'd be with you if the Pacers just planned on playing their "core"/young guys next year, especially with George and Stephenson being so intriguing.

But if the roster doesn't change, it's another season of Murphleavy and Ford getting heavy minutes. I'd rather us trade our expirings rather than that rerun of a season.
Given the # of bad contracts out there, I'd rather let the Big4 Contracts expire then trade them for something else. Unlike last season....even if the Big4 ( namely MurpLeavy ) play big minutes this season....I know that next season they'll ( hopefully :pray: ) be gone. I'd much rather ( as Bird suggested ) have the $30 mil in Capspace and a early teens Lottery pick to help build around a young core of Granger/BRush/Lance/George/AJ/Hansbrough/Hibbert/Inferno then to add in ( what will likely be ) a bad long-term contract.

CableKC
07-08-2010, 02:16 PM
That's more than he's worth. Sounds like the Nets are feeling shut out of the FA race and decided to jump in and overpay.
To be fair....everyone is overpaying.

What's funny is that everyone thought that Lebron would be the 1st domino to fall.....so everyone waited to see what Lebron would do then start signing everyone else. It turned out that the opposite happened and the huge FA Bumper-crop of Players started to dry up as they signed up with new or their original Teams. IMHO....DW realized this and jumped on signing and overpaying Amare both as a way to entice Lebron but also get one of the Big FA before the market dried up. I have no clue why it took so long for the Bulls to finally jump in and do the same thing with Boozer to late in the process. What's left is that the Nets are the ones ( oddly enough one of the first to jump on the whole "dump" salary for Lebron-sweepstakes ) left holding the big bag of nothing.

You'd have to feel bad for the Nets this summer......not only did they end up with the worst record and struck out on getting Wall or Turner....they totally wiffed on the FA Market and will likely end up with Travis Outlaw as their big FA signing.

CableKC
07-08-2010, 02:25 PM
I agree, this is something I dont' understand. If you are signing 3 guys to nearly 20 Million dollars a year. and the Cap is 58 Million, who do they have any money left to sign anyone???
If each of them signs for $18 mil a year....( probably slightly less...I think I read somewhere that they'd all have to agree to taking $17.5 mil a year in order to get them all to work out salarywise )...that would be about $52.5 to $54 mil a year...leaving a couple of mil left before going over the cap.

I think it's best to let count55 answer this.

I'm guessing that Riley....who I think is one of the "slickest" GMs out there that would probably sell his grandmother for a draft pick...probably has some trick up his sleeve. Maybe it's a "wink wink" type deal based off of the understanding that certain things have to happen before another deal can be finalized.

Slick Pinkham
07-08-2010, 02:31 PM
per espn:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17823/can-miami-pull-off-beasley-trade

the latest estimates say that James, Wade and Bosh could all sign deals with a first-year salary just under $1 million less than the max if the Heat make no more moves before James makes his intentions official. Miami would have to fill out the rest of its roster with minimum-salary players, but the trio’s financial sacrifice would have been more unrealistic if the cap figure didn’t rise. Factor in the lack of state income tax in Florida and the sacrifice shrinks further.

Still unclear to me where a Mike Miller deal comes from, unless the three of them take even less away from the max

count55
07-08-2010, 02:40 PM
per espn:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17823/can-miami-pull-off-beasley-trade

Still unclear to me where a Mike Miller deal comes from, unless the three of them take even less away from the max

That $1mm concession (from each) only leaves them between $1 & $2mm under the cap.

They have to be trading Beasley in one of the deals.

Speed
07-08-2010, 02:42 PM
What's the over/under on Cavs wins next year without Lebron?

15?

count55
07-08-2010, 02:49 PM
http://nba-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/23081615

Yesterday, I posted on the rumored deal involving David Lee and Anthony Randolph. Berger says that deal is done in principle. It would go through under the condition that LeBron signs somewhere other than New York. Lee would go to Golden State in a sign-and-trade for Anthony Randolph, Kelenna Azubuike and Ronny Turiaf.

Interesting move for New York.

docpaul
07-08-2010, 02:50 PM
That $1mm concession (from each) only leaves them between $1 & $2mm under the cap.

They have to be trading Beasley in one of the deals.

This:

The surest way to know that LeBron James-to-Miami is a done deal before LeBron’s official announcement?

If the Heat trade away Michael Beasley to create even more salary-cap space before the show starts.

As of noon ET Thursday, Miami did not have a trade taker for Beasley, after numerous sources said that the Heat -- as they’ve been doing for weeks -- continued to shop 2008’s No. 2 overall pick with vigor for much of Wednesday.

Yet sources say that a four-team trade scenario between the Heat, Raptors, Bobcats and Rockets hatched on the eve of LeBron’s hour-long “Decision” special on ESPN would enable Toronto to bring back an asset or two in the wake of Chris Bosh’s departure but also avoid taking back Beasley. Which is believed to be the only sort of sign-and-trade that the Raptors would consider.

The proposed deal, sources said, would send Beasley and Rockets forward Jared Jeffries to Charlotte, land Bobcats center Tyson Chandler in Houston and create sufficient cap space for Heat president Pat Riley to offer max-contract money to Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and James.

The Heat and Raptors engaged in discussions for several hours after Bosh and Wade announced that they were committing to Miami in a package about the various sign-and-trade options. Discussions were serious enough Wednesday night, according to two sources, that Heat officials told Beasley to start preparing to relocate.

One source with knowledge of Toronto’s thinking, however, insists that the four-team trade -- which would require Houston to send at least $3.1 million in salary to the Raptors -- is "not happening." Toronto continues to convey the message that it is a reluctant partner in any deal that makes Bosh’s departure more lucrative.

If the Raptors ultimately consent to a sign-and-trade, Bosh would be able to sign a six-year max deal with the Heat worth nearly $130 million and LeBron and D-Wade would score max deals, too. Toronto, meanwhile, would come away with a very big trade exception and presumably at least one first-round pick … possibly its 2011 first-rounder that was previously dealt to Miami.

But Miami’s lack of options -- with only Beasley and Mario Chalmers officially on the roster on Decision Day -- and concerns about Beasley’s off-the-court issues are undeniable stumbling blocks when it comes to any deal.

Such is Miami’s fortune these days, though, that it can offer near-maxes to the three Team USA buddies even without finding a new home for Beasley. The Heat found that out Wednesday night, along with the rest of a grumbling league, when the NBA announced that the salary cap next season will be nearly $2 million higher than anticipated: $58 million as opposed to $56.1 million.

The latest estimates say that James, Wade and Bosh could all sign deals with a first-year salary just under $1 million less than the max if the Heat make no more moves before James makes his intentions official. Miami would have to fill out the rest of its roster with minimum-salary players, but the trio’s financial sacrifice would have been more unrealistic if the cap figure didn’t rise. Factor in the lack of state income tax in Florida and the sacrifice shrinks further.

CableKC
07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
What's the over/under on Cavs wins next year without Lebron?

15?
I think that with Byron Scott coaching the Team...I'd give them more credit then that. I'd guess that they'd do slightly worse then us.

16 wins....easy.

Unclebuck
07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
http://nba-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/23081615

I would rather just have david lee than those three players. Although I can also understand not wanting to team Lee with Amare as both are below average defenders.

count55
07-08-2010, 02:53 PM
I would rather just have david lee than those three players. Although I can also understand not wanting to team Lee with Amare as both are below average defenders.

Well, really, they're just trading for Randolph, and the other guys are fillers.

I'd rather have these three, than pay Lee what he's likely to get.

Chuck Chillout
07-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Given the # of bad contracts out there, I'd rather let the Big4 Contracts expire then trade them for something else. Unlike last season....even if the Big4 ( namely MurpLeavy ) play big minutes this season....I know that next season they'll ( hopefully :pray: ) be gone. I'd much rather ( as Bird suggested ) have the $30 mil in Capspace and a early teens Lottery pick to help build around a young core of Granger/BRush/Lance/George/AJ/Hansbrough/Hibbert/Inferno then to add in ( what will likely be ) a bad long-term contract.
You're more patient than I am. :)

Hard to predict which route they'll choose. Morway comes out and says their best bet is to trade expirings; Bird maintains he wants cap space next summer. Some combination of the two would be nice- make an aggressive move with one or two expirings this summer and keep the other 2 (plus Tinsley's money) for space next year.

Chuck Chillout
07-08-2010, 03:10 PM
You'd have to feel bad for the Nets this summer......not only did they end up with the worst record and struck out on getting Wall or Turner....they totally wiffed on the FA Market and will likely end up with Travis Outlaw as their big FA signing.

Very true. I'd be disappointed if we stood pat this summer, but it would be worse to be a Nets fan. Entered the offseason with the best chance at Wall, had their sights set on LeBron, walked away with a raw power forward and no one worth spending their money on. Wonder if they were already in Brooklyn if that would've helped with the FA's.

CableKC
07-08-2010, 03:17 PM
You're more patient than I am. :)

Hard to predict which route they'll choose. Morway comes out and says their best bet is to trade expirings; Bird maintains he wants cap space next summer. Some combination of the two would be nice- make an aggressive move with one or two expirings this summer and keep the other 2 (plus Tinsley's money) for space next year.
We've sat through this show for 3 seasons.....sitting through another with a IMHO nice payout....I'm fine with that. :D

Realistically, I'd guess that Murphy would be the only one that is traded ( given his trade value ) and ( maybe ) Dunleavy ( if the right deal comes a long ). Foster will be left to expire and TJ will be bought out. :shrug:

Doddage
07-08-2010, 03:28 PM

By which you mean great move for New York. They turn Lee, who's not all that imo, into three talented players, including one former lottery pick who probably hasn't hit his ceiling yet. I'm a fan of Turiaf and what he brings; he'll be able to play with Amare up front or provide energy off the bench. Azubuike should thrive in their offense.

If this goes down, then NY not only will have not lost Lee for nothing, but they'll also have gotten a nice return for him.

CableKC
07-08-2010, 03:45 PM
With the long awaited signing of JONeal, Travis Outlaw and some guy with a huge ego......who are the remaining Free Agents left on the Free Agent Market?

David Lee
Luke Ridnour
Jamaal Tinsley
Felton
???

Whose left to get overpaid by the Knicks and Nets?

Speed
07-08-2010, 03:47 PM
tomorrow, or the following week, guys like Felton will get paid waaayyyy more than they should by one of these losing FA teams, I bet, in a second wave of signings. I think the Pacers are part of the 3rd or 4th wave of FA, if at all, meaning it's not a trade scenario instead.

CableKC
07-08-2010, 03:50 PM
tomorrow, or the following week, guys like Felton will get paid waaayyyy more than they should by one of these losing FA teams, I bet, in a second wave of signings. I think the Pacers are part of the 3rd or 4th wave of FA, if at all, meaning it's not a trade scenario instead.
I sense a $1 mil / 1 year contract offer to Rafer Alston coming in the next week :rolleyes:

Speed
07-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I sense a $1 mil / 1 year contract offer to Rafer Alston coming in the next week :rolleyes:

Awesome, someone to mentor Lance. We can have an 'And One' tourney, no defense or fundamentals allowed.

count55
07-08-2010, 04:03 PM

The reports are saying that Lee is getting $13 million per year (various tweets), so I think I would rather just have a poke in the eye with a sharp stick than pay him that.

Slick Pinkham
07-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Lee is parlaying those inflated 20-10 type numbers piled up last year to their maximum effect. That's a Turkoglucoriffic contract.

BRushWithDeath
07-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Lee is parlaying those inflated 20-10 type numbers piled up last year to their maximum effect. That's a Turkoglucoriffic contract.

Nobody knows more about inflated PF numbers than Pacers fans.

LG33
07-08-2010, 05:21 PM
BEST TRADE SINCE JULY 1ST!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_and_canada/10564236.stm
By Paul Reynolds, BBC News

Americans trade 10 Russian spies - a package built around Anna Chapman - for 4 American spies, pending physicals and that test that they do to make sure they aren't double-agents.

I don't know if I like this deal for the U.S. They are giving up a lot of talented youngsters for veterans. Must think the new guys will push them over the edge.

Slick Pinkham
07-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Big announcement from David Stern tonight: the NBA is switching from 5-on-5 rules to being a 3-on-3 league.

;)

cdash
07-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Nobody knows more about inflated PF numbers than Pacers fans.

Warrior fans do. The good news if this does go down: Lee's numbers might actually improve!

CableKC
07-09-2010, 01:57 PM
I don't know if this has been posted yet....but probably easily assumed that this would happen since the Heat are going to have to scrap the bottom of the barrel to fill out the rest of the roster.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365794

Miami has also begun looking at minimum-salary options for its backcourt, with a search that sources say has focused on Heat alumni Jason Williams, Mike James and Keyon Dooling along with Earl Watson.

Minor speculation if not a possible dilemma for Watson. If given the chance, would you take a 1 year deal from the Pacers as the likely Starting PG?

or

Would you take a 1 year deal ( my guess ) from the Heat as the "stand in the corner waiting for L/B/W to pass you the ball to take a 3pt shot" backup PG while chasing a ring?

I'd guess that JWill will be the choice since he's been in Miami before and IMHO still a solid backup that can come in and fill whatever role that they need.

Speed
07-09-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't know if this has been posted yet....but probably easily assumed that this would happen since the Heat are going to have to scrap the bottom of the barrel to fill out the rest of the roster.

Minor speculation if not a possible dilemma for Watson. If given the chance, would you take a 1 year deal from the Pacers as the likely Starting PG?

or

Would you take a 1 year deal ( my guess ) from the Heat as the "stand in the corner waiting for L/B/W to pass you the ball to take a 3pt shot" backup PG while chasing a ring?

I'd guess that JWill will be the choice since he's been in Miami before and IMHO still a solid backup that can come in and fill whatever role that they need.

Watson would be a perfect guy to go there and get his name out there. I wonder what the min. is for a guy with his tenure. Strategically it might be smart for him, teams overvalue non star guys who are winning teams like that.

PaceBalls
07-09-2010, 02:37 PM

or

This is a no brainer for Watson. He would be the perfect PG for them, he is a solid defender and solid enough on offense, doesn't over dribble and is content to be an initiator and let others create in the half court. I think he would end up being the starter by the middle of the season unless Lebron is running the point.

docpaul
07-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Looks like the triumvirate all get 6 year contracts as both Cleveland and Toronto complete sign and trades for whopper trade exceptions and future draft picks:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-update-s070910,0,4440538.story

In a significant turn of events, the Miami Heat completed a sign-and-trade agreement Friday night with the Cleveland Cavaliers for free-agent forward LeBron James, who already had agreed to join the Heat

The maneuver is expected to give Heat President Pat Riley the flexibility to re-sign current Heat free agent Udonis Haslem. An NBA source said Friday the expectation was Haslem would return to the Heat.

The Heat also plans to add Washington Wizards free-agent swingman Mike Miller. The Heat is expected to sign the former University of Florida standout to a contract in the five-year, $30 million range.

In essence, the Heat is completing its end game.

The Heat also finished off a sign-and-trade agreement Friday with the Toronto Raptors that allowed it to give free-agent power forward Chris Bosh a six-year free-agent contract instead of the maximum five-year contract an outside free agent can receive. The Raptors, in turn, will receive the Heat's 2011 first-round pick and the future pick that Toronto owed to the Heat. The Raptors also received a trade exception of roughly $15 million.

With the sign-and-trade with Cleveland, James also received a six-year package, instead of the maximum five-year deal an outside free agent could receive. The Cavaliers also would receive a $15 million trade exception, in addition to a package of future Heat draft picks.

The arrangements allow Bosh, James and re-signed Heat free-agent guard Dwyane Wade to each receive similar six-year contracts starting just below the league maximum of $16.6 million for next season.

The Heat now has turned its attention to retaining Haslem, the free-agent power forward. The Heat entered Friday able to only offer Haslem a veteran-minimum 2010-11 contract of $1.1 million. The Heat then could have made up the money to Haslem in 2011-12 and beyond.

However, with Bosh and James acquired by sign-and-trade agreements, that could create wiggle room for a Haslem return, albeit not anywhere close to his $7.1 million 2009-10 salary.

Haslem has had contact with several teams, with the Utah Jazz emerging as a suitor in the wake of losing free-agent power forward Carlos Boozer to the Chicago Bulls.

The Orlando Sentinel also reporting that Orlando Magic free-agent forward Matt Barnes said he has been in contact with the Heat. Barnes earned $1.6 million last season, opting out of the $1.6 million he otherwise would have earned this coming season.

Other names linked to the Heat are free-agent guards Jason Williams and Mike James, and Cavaliers free-agent center Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Heat won't be drafting many players for a while it seems. :D

Ozwalt72
07-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Looks like the triumvirate all get 6 year contracts as both Cleveland and Toronto complete sign and trades for whopper trade exceptions and future draft picks:

Heat won't be drafting many players for a while it seems. :D

I have to admit, the Heat brought some excitement back into the League with this.

Am I a bad guy if I hope they fail horribly?

pwee31
07-09-2010, 11:25 PM

More teams w/ assets: Jazz have $13M trade exception, Celtics shopping Sheed's retiring contract, Mavs have Dampier's non-guaranteed deal 31 minutes ago via web

Other players under contract for sale to teams with $$$: Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis, Jose Calderon, Elton Brand, Marcin Gortat 43 minutes ago via web

Teams w/ $$$ are going to play the trade market: Al Jefferson, Tyson Chandler, Emeka Okafor, Rip Hamilton, T.J. Ford, Turkoglu anyone? about 1 hour ago via web

So much $$$ still out there, but not a lot to spend it on. Nets, Bulls, Kings have cash. Raps, Cavs, & Suns have $16M+ trade exceptions about 1 hour ago via web

If someone wanted T.J Ford for just cap space that would be awesome. Out of the PGs mentioned, he appears to be the cheapest with only a 1 year contract left

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Golden State restricted free agent Anthony Morrow agrees to 3-year, $12 million offer sheet with New Jersey

http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

ESPN.com sources: Bulls to sign Korver to three-year deal worth estimated $15 million

Doddage
07-10-2010, 12:13 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-redickbulls070910

Redick to sign offer sheet with Bulls
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
30 minutes ago

Orlando Magic (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/orl/;_ylt=AjMIGiS3lXnW2oRAdD4leyQQmNIF) restricted free-agent guard J.J. Redick (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4139/;_ylt=Ao9ep12QNQ4Nxg.HapH5B.EQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4139/news;_ylt=AptM8eChpKh8gvHQ_fLSNZ8QmNIF) is close to signing a three-year offer sheet worth about $19 million with the Chicago Bulls (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/chi/;_ylt=Aq5sG2KrUgaxtYXQE3VPWQIQmNIF), a league executive told Yahoo! Sports.

Redick could sign the agreement as soon as the weekend, a source said.

The Bulls signed free-agent guard Kyle Korver (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3754/;_ylt=Atsab3hCiAPBNEXzIkJfIY0QmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3754/news;_ylt=AoAOCWsdVzdFjlwkIysHjUMQmNIF) to a three-year, $15 million contract on Friday.

Once the sheet is signed, the Magic will have seven days to match and keep Redick.

Redick became a valuable member of Orlando’s rotation, even supplanting Vince Carter (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3248/;_ylt=Ak962PGZjZqm2g3tdFT7LlkQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3248/news;_ylt=Al4xJFWxXUgvoi2dse2MqcAQmNIF) in key spots in the Eastern Conference finals with the Boston Celtics (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/bos/;_ylt=AiTttFNJwuaj__tN1fC1VWoQmNIF).

The Magic are believed to be motivated to match an offer on Redick, who averaged 9.6 points.

PacerGuy
07-10-2010, 12:26 AM
I look @ NJ's roster & I see possibilities.
Murph would be a great 1 yr. bridge to Favors - esp. as Favors showed to be a foul machine in SL. Murph w/ a good post big is a good combo (when it's not Roy ;) ). W/ NJ under the cap we could get a pick or maybe a young player loke Humphries (exp). They are really thin up front, so either (or both) Murph or Solo would help them & free us some cap to sign a PG (Farmar?).
TJ could also fit as a b/u PG, as they have none. This would allow them to play Harris @ SG,, something I read said they see him as a SG more then a PG (but maybe that has changed w/ Avery there).

Portland is loaded, but not sure there is a match, unless they really want a big. Foster/D.Jones for Miller/Rudy works, but they likely won't give Miller w/o a PG in return & LB won't take that extra yr. Maybe w/ the injured Przybilla/Rudy - esp. if insurance would cover JP. I would love to add a shooter like Rudy though to b/u Rush. Takes the focus off Rush's scoring & focuses the attention to his "D". A great combo IMO.

If Mem wants to clear cap, (& based on them willing to move Thabeet in a GS deal), a Ford/Solo for Conley/Thabeet works, but can't see Mem doing this unless they want to add TJ's exp w/ Zach's & be players n/y FA class (or set for a new CBA), but as Mia showed w/ Beasley it can be done. We could play Thabeet behing Roy w/ little expectation, & MC comes home. (My choice would to get Conley w/o another big & use MC & n/y cap space to bring GO home & pair w/ Roy. Big & slow I know, but if Greg stayed healthy & Roy continues to develope... what a great O/D combo big set they could be!)

There are so many Cha possibilities, I know the speculation is w/ Nazr, but I would love a Ford/Solo/D.Jones for Chandler/Henderson deal. No, we do not fix our PG situation, but we get a b/u defensive 4/5 w/ (a bix exp.) & a young 2/3 for a PG & parts. I have longed for TC for 2-3 yrs now, & see him as a great p/t player. We rid ourselves of TJ & free a roster spot as well.

vapacersfan
07-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Lakers Fisher to meet with heat pres Riley

Just saw it on ESPNNEWS

vapacersfan
07-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Breaking: Contract details of LeBron, Wade & Bosh. LeBron & Bosh sign 6 year, $110M dollar deals. Wade signs 6 year, $107M dollar deal. </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> LeBron & Bosh start at $14.5M ... $2M less starting salary than max. Wade starts at $14.2M. Overall each took about $15M less </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider

EDIT

Obviously these 6 year deals for LeBron & Bosh mean that they both got their sign-and-trades

Sookie
07-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Lakers Fisher to meet with heat pres Riley

Just saw it on ESPNNEWS

He's trying to get more money out of the Lakers.

Kuq_e_Zi91
07-10-2010, 01:09 AM
He's trying to get more money out of the Lakers.

Can the Heat offer more than the Lakers?

pwee31
07-10-2010, 01:10 AM
I dunno, but after Fisher took off to LA from the Jazz in order to get better care for his daughter, I think it would look pretty bad if he bolted after a couple years to Miami

Sookie
07-10-2010, 01:14 AM
Can the Heat offer more than the Lakers?

No, but it's just a threat to the Lakers. "You don't give me my money or I'll go to this better game."

Kobe will make sure Fisher stays with the Lakers.

Ozwalt72
07-10-2010, 01:19 AM
I dunno, but after Fisher took off to LA from the Jazz in order to get better care for his daughter, I think it would look pretty bad if he bolted after a couple years to Miami

Unless his daughter received the care and is okay now. Then if anyone holds something against him it's just pretty pathetic.

CableKC
07-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Well.....a flurry of FA signings. The Bulls just ate up a huge amount of Capspace next season is the span of a few seconds.

vapacersfan
07-10-2010, 02:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5368003

The other interesting thing is that LeBron, Wade, and Bosh can all opt out in 2014:

All three contracts, sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein, have an early termination option after the fourth season that would allow LeBron, Bosh and Wade to return to free agency in the summer of 2014. Each player also possesses a player option entering the final season of the contract (2015-16).

Justin Tyme
07-10-2010, 03:31 PM
There are so many Cha possibilities, I know the speculation is w/ Nazr, but I would love a Ford/Solo/D.Jones for Chandler/Henderson deal. No, we do not fix our PG situation, but we get a b/u defensive 4/5 w/ (a bix exp.) & a young 2/3 for a PG & parts. I have longed for TC for 2-3 yrs now, & see him as a great p/t player. We rid ourselves of TJ & free a roster spot as well.

You are right it doesn't fix the PG situation, BUT it would give the Pacers 2 mil more in cap next year. I know people aren't going to like hearing this, but with Henderson, Paul George, and Stephenson it makes Rush expendable. Rush for Maynor or ?? could get a PG.

CableKC
07-10-2010, 03:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5368003

The other interesting thing is that LeBron, Wade, and Bosh can all opt out in 2014:

All three contracts, sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein, have an early termination option after the fourth season that would allow LeBron, Bosh and Wade to return to free agency in the summer of 2014. Each player also possesses a player option entering the final season of the contract (2015-16).

Much has been made of Gilbert bending over backwards to accomodate/please/placate LeBron during his stay in Cleveland and that he is partially to blame for the way things turned out in Cleveland with LeBron. Anyone else think that Riley is starting to do the same ( in every way from Contract to everything under the sun ) for LBW?

They get the 6 year deal at the cost of multiple picks now this early Termination option along with whatever else they want?

Ozwalt72
07-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Supposedly Portland signed Wesley Matthews to a 5 yr 34 mil offer sheet....

Doddage
07-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Supposedly Portland signed Wesley Matthews to a 5 yr 34 mil offer sheet....
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-matthewsblazers071010

Blazers sign Matthews to offer sheet
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

From an undrafted rookie to an occasional starter with the Utah Jazz (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/uth/;_ylt=ApndoykQPWzhs15XBE72oWMQmNIF), guard Wesley Matthews’ (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4694/;_ylt=Apa9Au.pbV0u826y0Cn40tgQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4694/news;_ylt=AptM8eChpKh8gvHQ_fLSNZ8QmNIF) remarkable first season made another dramatic turn: He’s signed a five-year, $34 million offer sheet with the Portland Trail Blazers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/por/;_ylt=Av0gmo5J_hjERzCR3BtQd64QmNIF), a league executive with knowledge of the deal told Yahoo! Sports.

The Blazers offered their full midlevel exception in a frontloaded contract that includes a $9.2 million payday in the first year in hopes it would be too expensive for the Jazz to match and keep Matthews, the source said. The Blazers had considered making an offer to Los Angeles Lakers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/lal/;_ylt=Ar5fCJNMfYbVp_YeGv.kI5wQmNIF) guard Jordan Farmar (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4154/;_ylt=AjP5onbRXI5XWHAv517DDEAQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4154/news;_ylt=AvQ3dfbpvI1NeOP1W7jcWNQQmNIF), sources said, but turned to Matthews after a meeting with him on Friday.

Matthews signed the offer sheet Saturday in Las Vegas. The Jazz will have seven days to match.

The Jazz are fond of Matthews, whom they signed as an undrafted free agent out of Marquette. He played 82 games last season, averaging 9.4 points. His ability to defend on the perimeter is an important reason why the Blazers have been so resolved to sign him.

The Blazers signed Jazz forward Paul Millsap (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4175/;_ylt=Ai7w2.flpqBp.yzWeGmEQZkQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4175/news;_ylt=AtJUOKzDWs15GNfvZrQe9pkQmNIF) to a four-year, $32 million offer sheet last summer, but Utah matched and kept him.
Holy cow.

BornReady
07-10-2010, 08:04 PM
ouch. portland is lost without pritchard.

PacerGuy
07-10-2010, 09:00 PM
You are right it doesn't fix the PG situation, BUT it would give the Pacers 2 mil more in cap next year. I know people aren't going to like hearing this, but with Henderson, Paul George, and Stephenson it makes Rush expendable. Rush for Maynor or ?? could get a PG.

True, but I also think a Murph to NJ for ? (pick/Humphries/?) is possible as it would help NJ, send Murph home, & free us up some $$$. We use that $ to sign Farmar & still have a cap savings.
The only negative here is could we get more for Murph at the deadline?

pwee31
07-10-2010, 10:12 PM
That's quite a bit of money for a 2nd year role player. Have PGs Dre Miller, Bayless and Elliot Williams (also drafted Armon Johnson)

On the wing they have Roy, Batum, Fernandez, and Luke Babbitt.

It'll be interesting to see how Matthews fits in if the Jazz don't match (don't see why they would)

That really only leaves the Jazz with Hayward and C.J Miles on the wing... I guess they can play AK-47 there was well.

I guess they could try to sign a free agent or so themselves. We have a handful of wing players perhaps we can make a trade with them with like Dunleavy, Rush or Dahntay? Perhaps get a 3rd team involve if we don't like the Jazz piece or pieces?

vnzla81
07-10-2010, 11:06 PM
who is Wesley Matthews? 34mil? :confused: :confused:

PacerGuy
07-11-2010, 12:32 AM
I hope LA takes care of D.Fisher. 1) I think he is due some cred. 2) He is the only guy that Kobe respects. 3) If he goes to Mia, LA may want to keep Farmar. (#3 inpacts mthe Pacers much more then 1 & 2)

Farmar's options are running thinner w/ NJ, Chi, & Por spending the last 2 days I think we could be in a good spot, but IMO still will likely need to "give away" Solo to a team under the cap to make a good deal fit.

CableKC
07-11-2010, 12:46 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-matthewsblazers071010

Holy cow.

This is good. It likely removes the Blazers as suitors for Farmar.

Justin Tyme
07-11-2010, 01:51 PM
That's quite a bit of money for a 2nd year role player. Have PGs Dre Miller, Bayless and Elliot Williams (also drafted Armon Johnson)

On the wing they have Roy, Batum, Fernandez, and Luke Babbitt.

It'll be interesting to see how Matthews fits in if the Jazz don't match (don't see why they would)

That really only leaves the Jazz with Hayward and C.J Miles on the wing... I guess they can play AK-47 there was well.

I guess they could try to sign a free agent or so themselves. We have a handful of wing players perhaps we can make a trade with them with like Dunleavy, Rush or Dahntay? Perhaps get a 3rd team involve if we don't like the Jazz piece or pieces?

The Jazz can go after RFA Ronnie Brewer to bring him back. He's a better player.

vnzla81
07-11-2010, 06:19 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArPIxoR2_RDuSUAlCb7jTIi8vLYF?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz071110

Free-agent buzz: Wolves look to move Sessions

After signing Ramon Sessions(notes) to a four-year, $16 million contract a year ago, Minnesota Timberwolves general manager David Kahn is trying to unload the guard to teams able to absorb his salary, league executives told Yahoo! Sports.

“They’re basically looking for a salary dump,” said an executive with a team who spoke to Minnesota. “That won’t be easy.”

Kahn’s plan this time?

Trying to sign point guard Luke Ridnour(notes) to an identical four-year, $16 million contract, league sources said.

Still, Ridenour has shown little interest with the T’wolves, sources said, and seems willing to wait for a more compelling offer. What’s unclear is how this would affect Minnesota with Jonny Flynn(notes) as the starting point guard and the rights to Spain’s Ricky Rubio(notes), who could come to the NBA after the 2010-11 season.

Minnesota has also shown serious interest with free-agent point guard Shaun Livingston(notes), sources said.

– Adrian Wojnarowski, 4:55 p.m. ET, July 11

ChristianDudley
07-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Farmar signs with the Nets and Tony Allen signs with the Grizzlies. Allen is going to get a little over 3 million a season for 3 years.

Justin Tyme
07-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Farmar signs with the Nets and Tony Allen signs with the Grizzlies. Allen is going to get a little over 3 million a season for 3 years.

Last week I read Allen was re-signing with the Celtics. I guess he changed his mind. He's a combo guard that could b/u Conley.

ChristianDudley
07-11-2010, 09:56 PM
I read that as well, but I think they were still negotiating a contract. Apparently Boston didn't want to guarantee him a 3rd year on his contract, so he wasn't going to listen to any contract offers unless it was for at least 3 years guaranteed. Memphis offered 3 years, Boston didn't, and so the decision was easy for Tony Allen I guess.

Doddage
07-11-2010, 10:54 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ak8lFMrz9DgVoByLd5iHw728vLYF?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz071110

Free-agent buzz: Mavs after Haslem
By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports

The Dallas Mavericks are determined to make it difficult for free agent Udonis Haslem to easily return to the Miami Heat.

The Mavs have offered a multi-year contract starting at the full mid-level exception of $5.85 million, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Heat are trying to re-sign Haslem to play with Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh, but salary cap restraints could leave them with as little as $4.3 million a year to pay him. And that’s assuming the Heat signs free agent Mike Miller starting at $4.9 million.

Haslem, who made $7 million last season, has been a consistent defender and rebounder for the Heat, and president Pat Riley has been determined to keep him. He averaged 10 points and eight rebounds in seven seasons with Miami.

New Jersey has shown interest in Haslem but hasn’t made a formal offer. Haslem shares the same agent as Wade and Bosh, and has expressed a strong desire to return to the Heat.

–Marc J. Spears, 10:01 p.m. ET, July 11

pwee31
07-11-2010, 11:06 PM
That's why I like Mark Cuban, it seems everyone else is trying to help the Heat b/c this powerhouse team. Cuban is going to at least make Haslem think about it.

He'll probably still sign with the Heat, but I like that Cuban is trying to disrupt this perfect plan that Miami has drawn up

vapacersfan
07-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Fisher stays with the Lakers

15th parallel
07-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Haslem and Mike Miller to the Heat...

I will not be surprised if TMac decides to go there too...

Speed
07-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Count55 at the mini party, mentioned Kurt Thomas to the Heat. I completely agree with this, seems like a perfect fit! Not a rumor, but makes sense to me.

count55
07-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Count55 at the mini party, mentioned Kurt Thomas to the Heat. I completely agree with this, seems like a perfect fit! Not a rumor, but makes sense to me.

Actually, I mentioned Eric Dampier.

Someone else - smarter, but not as good looking - mentioned Kurt Thomas.

Speed
07-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Actually, I mentioned Eric Dampier.

Someone else - smarter, but not as good looking - mentioned Kurt Thomas.

Well, that limits it to the other 8 of us!!!! :D

Dampier would be perfect too. I'm starting to get the feeling, Miami's bench won't be the D league allstars that I had originally envisioned.

Slick Pinkham
07-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Heats Beat writer Ira Winderman has a rundown on his roster projection, mentioning Magliore, Ilgauskas, and Joel Anthony as the backup bigs; Carlos Arroyo shares an agent with LeBron and is mentioned too.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat/2010/07/heats-roster-pieces-are-falling-into-place.html

pacers74
07-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Bobcats-Raptors trade won’t happen

By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 37 minutes ago

The proposed trade between the Charlotte Bobcats and Toronto Raptors is officially dead, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. p>
The Bobcats had agreed to trade center Tyson Chandler (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3512/;_ylt=AhtaXKQRfKO5kDP6auEKVgEQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3512/news;_ylt=Aio.bs769uqY_.LV3leXSDQQmNIF) and forward Boris Diaw (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3724/;_ylt=AmxQcwjf7I5oOSP905QWEJcQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3724/news;_ylt=AtLrUugHO71dvmM1hITbmqoQmNIF) to the Raptors for guard Jose Calderon (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3989/;_ylt=AqDY66Ht7dHVTKI9o3fccecQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3989/news;_ylt=Aku1aCrNeRW4M2fkO5HuRSgQmNIF) and forward Reggie Evans (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3663/;_ylt=ApcBylmO32u2uesxIWlYhakQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3663/news;_ylt=AkIYqFyOzAiIYvI5nwoNy0UQmNIF).

Chandler told Yahoo! Sports Monday he had even been told he was being traded. The deal fell apart, sources said, because Bobcats owner Michael Jordan began having second thoughts. Jordan, sources said, has been hesitant to trade Chandler.
The Raptors, who anxiously wanted to complete the deal, will now follow through with a separate trade to send Hedo Turkoglu (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3415/;_ylt=Amraw_7YBpIwamB94T7hmK8QmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3415/news;_ylt=AqMq45Kjys6O_ngmXSatZJYQmNIF) to the Phoenix Suns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/pho/;_ylt=Apb_hpmdsM_kvwg2AQygZlYQmNIF) for Leandro Barbosa (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3731/;_ylt=AvKqbI2hBHz6jrq30A7rYUAQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3731/news;_ylt=Ai_.5C7ueJnxi2wrowqrqiUQmNIF).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArvQDTjn6kAOeAsWIn8OxKa8vLYF?slug=ys-bobcatsraptorstrade071210

It looks like the Bobcats aren't getting Calderon. Maybe they are holding out for Ford.

<HR>

Psyren
07-13-2010, 01:51 PM

The proposed trade between the Charlotte Bobcats and Toronto Raptors is officially dead, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. p>
The Bobcats had agreed to trade center Tyson Chandler (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3512/;_ylt=AhtaXKQRfKO5kDP6auEKVgEQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3512/news;_ylt=Aio.bs769uqY_.LV3leXSDQQmNIF) and forward Boris Diaw (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3724/;_ylt=AmxQcwjf7I5oOSP905QWEJcQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3724/news;_ylt=AtLrUugHO71dvmM1hITbmqoQmNIF) to the Raptors for guard Jose Calderon (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3989/;_ylt=AqDY66Ht7dHVTKI9o3fccecQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3989/news;_ylt=Aku1aCrNeRW4M2fkO5HuRSgQmNIF) and forward Reggie Evans (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3663/;_ylt=ApcBylmO32u2uesxIWlYhakQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3663/news;_ylt=AkIYqFyOzAiIYvI5nwoNy0UQmNIF).

Chandler told Yahoo! Sports Monday he had even been told he was being traded. The deal fell apart, sources said, because Bobcats owner Michael Jordan began having second thoughts. Jordan, sources said, has been hesitant to trade Chandler.
The Raptors, who anxiously wanted to complete the deal, will now follow through with a separate trade to send Hedo Turkoglu (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3415/;_ylt=Amraw_7YBpIwamB94T7hmK8QmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3415/news;_ylt=AqMq45Kjys6O_ngmXSatZJYQmNIF) to the Phoenix Suns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/pho/;_ylt=Apb_hpmdsM_kvwg2AQygZlYQmNIF) for Leandro Barbosa (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3731/;_ylt=AvKqbI2hBHz6jrq30A7rYUAQmNIF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3731/news;_ylt=Ai_.5C7ueJnxi2wrowqrqiUQmNIF).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArvQDTjn6kAOeAsWIn8OxKa8vLYF?slug=ys-bobcatsraptorstrade071210

It looks like the Bobcats aren't getting Calderon. Maybe they are holding out for Ford.

<HR>
It's good new for us

CableKC
07-13-2010, 01:56 PM

<HR>
How many deals that fall apart at the last second is Jordan and the Bobcats going to be part of?

Jordan has a bad habit of pulling out at the last second

<< everyone, that's your queue >> ;)

ChristianDudley
07-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Hilton Armstrong is signing with the Wizards. Adam Morrison has worked out for the Wizards and is working out for the Bulls today.

CableKC
07-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Hilton Armstrong is signing with the Wizards. Adam Morrison has worked out for the Wizards and is working out for the Bulls today.
Morrison doesn't even have to work out for the Wizards or Bulls...they just have to see this:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PmOk8DJUxQ0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PmOk8DJUxQ0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

and see how much he contributes to the Team. :laugh:

pacers74
07-13-2010, 02:03 PM

the Bulls could end up with a deadly duo of redick and Morrison, look out.:D

pacers74
07-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Morrison doesn't even have to work out for the Wizards or Bulls...they just have to see this:

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/PmOk8DJUxQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1 allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">

</EMBED>
and see how much he contributes to the Team. :laugh:

That is so classic. I love it. Jimmy Kimmel is the best.:-p

Speed
07-13-2010, 02:06 PM
If you could do Diaw for TJ straight up and then move Murphy for a solid PG.... I could only dream.

I like Diaw, I think he's underated.

CableKC
07-13-2010, 02:11 PM
the Bulls could end up with a deadly duo of redick and Morrison, look out.:D
Can't happen.....the universe would simply implode due to the sheer awesomeness of that duo. :laugh:

count55
07-13-2010, 02:15 PM
If you could do Diaw for TJ straight up and then move Murphy for a solid PG.... I could only dream.

I like Diaw, I think he's underated.

Two basic problems here:

1. If the Pacers could move Murphy for a solid PG, don't you think that would have been done by now?

2. Diaw for TJ (without the Murphy part) adds $500k to this year's payroll without resolving the point guard issue. Worse, it chews up $9mm of next years' cap space for a guy I can't imagine being a part of a long term plan.

CableKC
07-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Two basic problems here:

1. If the Pacers could move Murphy for a solid PG, don't you think that would have been done by now?
Yeah, well anything can happen in Speed's dreams. :laugh:

Speed
07-13-2010, 02:24 PM
What happened, I was taking a nap....

count55
07-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Chandler to Dallas for Dampier

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/18457897982

Charlotte has traded Tyson Chandler and Alex Ajinca to Dallas for Dampier, Matt Carroll and Najera, a league source tells Y! Sports.

wintermute
07-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Chandler to Dallas for Dampier

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/18457897982

the trade as stated doesn't work though. charlotte must be adding someone else?

it's a pretty strange deal. calderon has a large contract sure, but i'd rather have him than carroll + najera.

MyFavMartin
07-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Didn't know if it's been discussed, but I was surprised to see Randy Foye on the roster for the Clips.

CableKC
07-13-2010, 03:17 PM
What happened, I was taking a nap....
Nothing much.....MJ backed out of the Toronto deal and decided to play ball with Cuban.

Go back to sleep and dream about Murphy being traded for a PG.

d_c
07-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Big Z just made like Lebron and spurned Cleveland to join the touring rock stars in Miami.