PDA

View Full Version : Nets Yi to Wizards for Quinton Ross

sheppie33
06-29-2010, 02:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5340026

Yi to the wizards

DrFife
06-29-2010, 02:27 PM
This whole FA-sweepstakes series of events is just fascinating. Some teams are going to come out as big-time losers. In fact, for the next few year, anyway, we may see a league more divided by "haves" and "have nots" than ever before.

Pacemaker
06-29-2010, 02:34 PM
I wonder what else will the Nets will be willing to give ? Harris ?

PacersPride
06-29-2010, 02:37 PM
I wonder what else will the Nets will be willing to give ? Harris ?

its gotta be for cap space this season. we would have to work a three team deal.

MyFavMartin
06-29-2010, 02:38 PM
We don't have any trade exceptions. The only way they clear money with us is if they give more salary than in return, which I don't think the Pacers want to do... And since we're over the cap, salaries still have to match by a certain amount.

I do think that veteran players will be attractive tradebait from our roster... Though I was thinking about it last night and instead of expensive players like Dun, a player like Dahntay might be traded to a team for next to nothing for savings sake on our end... What do you guys think?

Yi is a low risk move for Washington... see if he does well this year and shows improvement... if not... oh well...

avoidingtheclowns
06-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Take a guy that was unlikely to see much time on the floor in Ross and trade him for Yi and $3mil? Nice work.

thewholefnshow31
06-29-2010, 03:03 PM
How teams are clearing up cap space is crazy. If the rumors of Lebron/Wade/Bosh teaming up at one team then there will be a lot of teams that fall flat on their face. The team that will fall hardest is New York. You have spent years building up to land James, but if they lose out on him then they are then stuck with Joe Johnson, Amare, or Boozer. How are they going to sale that to the fans?

Unclebuck
06-29-2010, 03:08 PM
How teams are clearing up cap space is crazy. If the rumors of Lebron/Wade/Bosh teaming up at one team then there will be a lot of teams that fall flat on their face. The team that will fall hardest is New York. You have spent years building up to land James, but if they lose out on him then they are then stuck with Joe Johnson, Amare, or Boozer. How are they going to sale that to the fans?

If the Knicks get Joe Johnson and Amare which some national experts think they have a really good chance of getting because of Mike D'Antoni (they both played under him with the Suns)

That will still be pretty good and if they can re-sign David Lee. I think that can be sold to the Knicks fans

Mourning
06-29-2010, 03:17 PM
If the Knicks get Joe Johnson and Amare which some national experts think they have a really good chance of getting because of Mike D'Antoni (they both played under him with the Suns)

That will still be pretty good and if they can re-sign David Lee. I think that can be sold to the Knicks fans

Ditto. And they will have more and more assets to make trades, sign and trades, FA signings, etc. I'd say they are definitely going in the right direction.

CableKC
06-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Geez....Yi to yet another Team?

I understand the reason why...but man...this is his 3rd Team he's been shipped off to.

Sparhawk
06-29-2010, 03:23 PM

I honestly don't care. I would just laugh my *** off all season long...it will surely help deaden the pain of watching the Pacers lose.

CableKC
06-29-2010, 03:25 PM

Of course it can be sold to the Knicks Fans....but given what they were aiming for....it's a solid Team...but not what most Knicks fans were hoping for.

Frankly, I would have been sick if the Knicks were to somehow get Lebron. I guess we can all thank Zeke and his brilliance in bringing in Eddy Curry...AKA...the guy that added 9+ mil to the Knicks 2010-2011 SalaryCap. :laugh:

graphic-er
06-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Yi was playing decent ball towards the end of the season.