PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the rookie/free agent roster?

johndozark
06-29-2010, 11:32 AM
The Star charts the Pacers rookie/free agent camp roster (http://www.indystar.com/article/20100629/SPORTS04/6290341/1062/SPORTS04/Pacers-set-for-rookie-camp):

Do you have any hope that Thomas Heurtel or Russell Robinson will play a positive point guard role on a future Pacers roster?

Apart from McRoberts and the new draftees, about whom there has been much discussion, do you see anyone else on the rookie camp roster who would add good things to the Pacers roster?

BRushWithDeath
06-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Apart from McRoberts and the new draftees, about whom there has been much discussion, do you see anyone else on the rookie camp roster who would add good things to the Pacers roster?

No. And none of them will be on the Pacers roster.

BornReady
06-29-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm intrigued by Marcus Williams and Richard Hendrix

sheppie33
06-29-2010, 02:58 PM
No

microwave_oven
06-29-2010, 03:00 PM
No

Very insightful! Thank you for that!

I am most interested in seeing more from our rookies and how they play together. I also would like to see if Williams can handle the point guard position, though I won't read too much into summer league play.

odeez
06-29-2010, 03:05 PM
you know what, not much outside our three picks. I want to see what Magnum, Lance, and George can do!

Sparhawk
06-29-2010, 03:19 PM
you know what, not much outside our three picks. I want to see what Magnum, Lance, and George can do!

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

I'm so excited I feel like hitting something :box:
Ok, not really, but I am super pumped about each of our picks.

PacerGuy
06-30-2010, 12:24 AM
I do want to see M.Williams play. Everyone was excited to see him @ the end of l/y before things did not work out. I have a feeling he will be on our opening day 15-man roster, likely a PG#2, or #3 if we cut ties w/ Price due to his injury (not likely, but possible).

I also wonder a bit about why McBob is on the team again. I thought I read about 2 wks ago or so that neither he nor Tyler would be playing in SL, but now here he is. It makes me think more & more that we may already have a deal in place w/ someone. My guess is that it is tied to FA, & a team either signing someone or missing out. My hunch is a 2-1 type deal.
-If Murph was delt, we may want McBob to get in the work, or to judge his progress as a shooter.
-If TJ goes, it could be w/ Solo or D.Jones (IMO) w/ a PG coming back. McBob may be being asked to play the 5 to get ready as Roy's b/u.
-While less likely, maybe McBob is being "showcased" a bit as a potential filler in a deal, possibly by request.

I say this too because even by the SL roster, there are little flyers taken on any PG's, & we just don't appear to be too worried. My guess is that all those discussions LB had before the draft have some contingency offers/ standing offers based on some fA summer moves.

jeffg-body
06-30-2010, 12:35 AM
I am definitely interested in seeing our draft pics look together. I also am interested in watching M. Williams play and see how well he runs the point. If he performs well, why not take a chance and invite him to training camp.

johndozark
06-30-2010, 06:38 AM
Some of you seem to be assuming that Marcus Williams is Marcus D. Williams, A.J. Price's former fellow penitent and point guard.

The Star's chart seems to refer to Marcus E. Williams, another wing.

Any clarifications?

The Hustler
06-30-2010, 08:51 AM
It's the wing player Marcus Eliot Williams - 6'7 Played at Arizona - Second round draft pick (33rd) in 2007 by the Spurs

He's been in the D League and played pretty well there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Williams_%28basketball,_born_1986%29

PacerGuy
06-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Some of you seem to be assuming that Marcus Williams is Marcus D. Williams, A.J. Price's former fellow penitent and point guard.

The Star's chart seems to refer to Marcus E. Williams, another wing.

Any clarifications?

Yes, & Marcus E has also been playing a lot of PG in D League, showing good promise. While he likely can/ would play some wing, the hope of many teams is that he could play the point, making his road to the NBA much shorter.

pwee31
06-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Marcus Williams can play PG. Yes he's listed as a wing and yes he's 6'7 but ha can and has run the point.

Whether J'Ob uses him properly is another story

ksuttonjr76
06-30-2010, 10:43 AM
The player that I really want to see is Williams. If he's plays well at the PG, then Indiana could potentially have one of the tallest backcourt, and the 2nd tallest Center in the NBA this season.

Williams (PG)
George (SG) -If we decide to replace Rush in the lineup
Granger (SF)
Hansbrough (PF) - He would be my first preference personally
Hibbert (C)

Kegboy
06-30-2010, 10:54 AM
The only interest I have in our team is hoping that Kramer plays well enough to make someone's camp. Someone else's, that is, unless TPTB pulled their heads out of their asses and actually used Ft. Wayne.

IndyPacer
06-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Whether J'Ob uses him properly is another story

Unfortunately, one must use that qualification regarding anyone playing under JOB. I hope Marcus does a good job for Jimmy at PF and C.

#31MillerTime
06-30-2010, 04:54 PM
The player that I really want to see is Williams. If he's plays well at the PG, then Indiana could potentially have one of the tallest backcourt, and the 2nd tallest Center in the NBA this season.

Williams (PG)
George (SG) -If we decide to replace Rush in the lineup
Granger (SF)
Hansbrough (PF) - He would be my first preference personally
Hibbert (C)

Would'nt you rather have Rolle instead of Hans?:confused:

ChristianDudley
06-30-2010, 05:42 PM
For anybody that cares, Dante & Galante just posted from their Facebook and Twitter pages that they officially will NOT be streaming live/having their show during the Orlando Summer League. Just thought I'd share...

dal9
06-30-2010, 06:17 PM
For anybody that cares, Dante & Galante just posted from their Facebook and Twitter pages that they officially will NOT be streaming live/having their show during the Orlando Summer League. Just thought I'd share...

dude screw the NBA...I forked over the money for LPBB last year (a decision I was questioning by January), but I'll be damned if I pay to watch summer league...

johndozark
06-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks to the four of you who straightened out the Marcus E. Williams point guard thing.

BRushWithDeath
06-30-2010, 07:24 PM
dude screw the NBA...I forked over the money for LPBB last year (a decision I was questioning by January), but I'll be damned if I pay to watch summer league...

It's free on NBAtv in HD. So instead of getting free terrible quality streams, we're getting free high quality productions. Just like they've done with the Las Vegas summer league for years.

bphil
06-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Last season I enjoyed watching the Pacers' summer league games much more than their regular season games, so I'll probably remember most of these guys more fondly than the actual roster players...

LG33
06-30-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm a little confused as to why Brandon Rush and Roy Hibbert are not going, but McRoberts, who has "two more years of NBA experience" is.

Slick Pinkham
06-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Thomas Heurtel's profile:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Thomas-Heurtel-5530/

A deal sending out TJ and also creating a roster spot (2-for-1, 3-for-2 deals) could open up a spot for somebody like him as a 15th man.

dal9
06-30-2010, 08:17 PM
It's free on NBAtv in HD. So instead of getting free terrible quality streams, we're getting free high quality productions. Just like they've done with the Las Vegas summer league for years.

ya, that's fair...although I don't have cable so that doesn't help me...also I don't think NBA TV even comes with most of the lower level cable tv packages in the area

Kegboy
06-30-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm a little confused as to why Brandon Rush and Roy Hibbert are not going, but McRoberts, who has "two more years of NBA experience" is.

Maybe because they got a bazillion more playing time than he did.

Taterhead
06-30-2010, 08:31 PM
I think I would of liked to see Hansbrough on it. But other than that, not much. I think Russell Robinson and Thomas Heurtel have a great opportunity in front of him. If they impresses at all they'll get a camp invite out of it. Talk about a wide open job, all we got right now is TJ Ford and a injured AJ Price.