PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Perna Talks Trades on 1260WNDE

PacersPride
06-29-2010, 02:16 AM
i havent listened but read this elsewhere that the guy mentions dunleavy and jones as trade chips. my comp is slow so i would like to hear your guys thoughts on this if there are any. hope the link works,, i copied and pasted.

http://media.ccomrcdn.com/media/station_content/1222/062810_AndrewPerna_1277757356_19576.mp3?CPROG=PCAS T&MARKET=INDIANAPOLIS-IN&NG_FORMAT=&SITE_ID=1222&STATION_ID=WNDE-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=Mark_Patrick&PCAST_CAT=Sports&PCAST_TITLE=Mark_Patrick_on_Sports

PacersPride
06-29-2010, 02:21 AM
sorry..

http://media.ccomrcdn.com/media/station_content/1222/062810_AndrewPerna_1277757356_19576.mp3?CPROG=PCAS T&MARKET=INDIANAPOLIS-IN&NG_FORMAT=&SITE_ID=1222&STATION_ID=WNDE-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=Mark_Patrick&PCAST_CAT=Sports&PCAST_TITLE=Mark_Patrick_on_Sports

*edited.. still seems to be the wrong link??

BornReady
06-29-2010, 03:16 AM
it works
im listening to it now

PacersPride
06-29-2010, 03:30 AM
it works
im listening to it now

cool.. let me know what they say if you dont mind.

BornReady
06-29-2010, 03:50 AM
cool.. let me know what they say if you dont mind.

mostly things that we all know
Indy has a plethora of wings, especially after the draft
Indy is in need of a pg: they struck out once during draft time but have 2 more strikes in the FA this summer and February
People have been frustrated with the Pacers and he's been too lenient on them
Indy has a lot of expiring contracts that they should divide between trading before the trade deadline and actually using them
Indy needs to play their cards right so they don't overpay for a player not worth the amount they give
Dunleavy and Murphy are attractive options because of their ginormous contracts and ability to give playoff teams the extra oomph
Dahntay is an attractive option because he can be used as a filler
Rush may be used in talks as well

basically, Perna did not say anything substantial.

Anthem
06-29-2010, 07:59 AM
This is a recap for everything I've ever read from the guy.

Putnam
06-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Andrew Perna:sports writer::"Death Cab for Cutie":rock band

SMosley21
06-29-2010, 10:04 AM
mostly things that we all know
Indy has a plethora of wings, especially after the draft
Indy is in need of a pg: they struck out once during draft time but have 2 more strikes in the FA this summer and February
People have been frustrated with the Pacers and he's been too lenient on them
Indy has a lot of expiring contracts that they should divide between trading before the trade deadline and actually using them
Indy needs to play their cards right so they don't overpay for a player not worth the amount they give
Dunleavy and Murphy are attractive options because of their ginormous contracts and ability to give playoff teams the extra oomph
Dahntay is an attractive option because he can be used as a filler
Rush may be used in talks as well

Which is basically every article that he writes about the Pacers. He has a tendency of just regurgitating things that other more notable writers say. Seriously if you read any of his articles on realgm, you are basically reading something that you already knew. The dude offers no real insight into the Pacers that the common Pacers fan doesn't already know.

Day-V
06-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Who the hell is Andrew Perna?

naptownmenace
06-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Who the hell is Andrew Perna?

He's a diehard fan of the team like us and seems like a nice guy. However, he's basically a blogger with no inside contacts or connections within the Pacers organization.

count55
06-29-2010, 10:44 AM
He's a diehard fan of the team like us and seems like a nice guy. However, he's basically a blogger with no inside contacts or connections within the Pacers organization.

Well, that's not entirely true. He is credentialed, and he does have access to people within the organization, including David Morway.

However, he is remote (Connecticut), and the access is more formal, so I don't know how much "off the record" stuff he has. Probably not a whole lot.

Putnam
06-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Well, that's not entirely true. He is credentialed, and he does have access to people within the organization, including David Morway.

Which brings up the question:

When (and how) does Pacers Digest obtain similar credentials?

Dr. Awesome
06-29-2010, 12:22 PM

However, he is remote (Connecticut), and the access is more formal, so I don't know how much "off the record" stuff he has. Probably not a whole lot.

This is correct. He was one of the best posters on RealGM before getting the writers job. I know he does have access to certain people the casual fan doesn't, but probably not enough noteworthy information.

Swish
06-29-2010, 11:10 PM
People listen to 1260?