PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else find it very strange

MLB007
06-27-2010, 11:17 PM
that the official Pacers website has NOTHING about the draft picks besides George?

tadscout
06-27-2010, 11:20 PM
From a Brunner article:

Pacers feel fortunate to get Stephenson

The Pacers thought Lance Stephenson would be gone by the end of the first round. When he was available at No. 40 in the second, they felt fortunate to grab a player that might've developed into a lottery pick had he remained at Cincinnati beyond his freshman season.

"Lance is young and obviously he's got some growing to do as a basketball player," said Bird. "Very talented. I was surprised he made it through the first round, so when we had the opportunity to get him at 40 we took it."

A New York high school legend, Stephenson averaged 12.3 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 2009-10 and was the Big East Rookie of the Year.

"This is a night I've dreamed of since I was a little boy and I got my family here to support me," Stephenson told ESPNNewYork.com. "I am just happy. This day came fast. There is a lot of relief. I've wanted to be in the NBA since I was a little boy. I'm very motivated. Can't even explain how motivated I am."

The Pacers traded the No. 57 pick and cash to acquire No. 51 pick Magnum Rolle, a 6-11 forward-center from Louisiana Tech that impressed them with his athleticism in pre-draft workouts.

"He's very athletic," said Bird. "We knew he was going to be late in the second round and we want to accumulate talent (that is) long and athletic and can get up and down the court. He's very active and we saw a lot of things in him we liked."

Rolle, who along with George was a second-team all-WAC selection, averaged 13.9 points and 8.4 rebounds while leading the conference in blocks (2.1).

Link (http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/web_100625.html)

pwee31
06-27-2010, 11:23 PM
I really don't remember anything about Price last year to be honest. Most of the coverage was about Tyler. Even the meet and greet jerseys... all was about Hansbrough to my knowledge

I would like to see some stuff on Stephenson and Rolle though

06-27-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm not sure there is a lot to say. Besides, the Pacers are in full P.R. mode. Paul George has been contending with Gordon Hayward since the moment he was drafted. As one 1070 host said, "I'm sure there will be fan buses headed to Utah." It's hard to give press to second rounders when the day after the draft a column about Hayward sat above the column about George on THE PACERS section of the website.

DGPR
06-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Hayward fans will get over it eventually, because they are probably fairweather fans anyways.