PDA

View Full Version : Summer League schedules and rosters...

woowoo
06-27-2010, 10:07 PM
apparently Indiana did not sign any of the undrafted rookie PG FA's... :confused:

http://www.nbadraft.net/orlando-summer-league-schedule-roster

http://www.nbadraft.net/2010-nba-las-vegas-summer-league-game-schedule-rosters

if this has already been posted delete or merge please... I did not see a thread on it.

graphic-er
06-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Wednesday july 7th will be the game to watch, Pacers vs Utah!

ilive4sports
06-27-2010, 10:25 PM
apparently Indiana did not sign any of the undrafted rookie PG FA's... :confused:

if this has already been posted delete or merge please... I did not see a thread on it.

Because George, Stephenson and Rolle are good enough to win by themselves.

sheppie33
06-27-2010, 10:26 PM
wish we would have given Scottie Reynolds a look...............wonder if we tried.

Hoop
06-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Mikhail Torrance is on the Bobcats roster :(

Seth's man Tweety Carter is with Jersey.

I would have loved to have had either of these guys on our summer squad.

I still can't wait to see King George, Born Ready and Magnum PF play.

I always get overly excited about summer league, breaking my own sig's rule. ;)

sheppie33
06-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Will there be coverage on NBATV? I assume we will be able to watch on the website again this year.

TheRifleman51
06-27-2010, 10:32 PM
wish we would have given Scottie Reynolds a look...............wonder if we tried.

I was thinking more Clemente For K -State either one would have been cool with me

QuickRelease
06-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Mikhail Torrance with the Charlotte Bobcats :mad: I really hoped we'd take a flier on that kid.

sheppie33
06-27-2010, 10:34 PM
looks like it will be 10.95.

http://www.nba.com/summerleaguebroadband/?cid=760

tadscout
06-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Mikhail Torrance with the Charlotte Bobcats :mad: I really hoped we'd take a flier on that kid.

I read that 6 teams gave him an offer... so we may have, just he choose someone else.

sheppie33
06-27-2010, 10:37 PM
I was thinking more Clemente For K -State either one would have been cool with me

Yeah i forgot about him. Love his game. Where did he end up?

woowoo
06-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah i forgot about him. Love his game. Where did he end up?

Bobcats..

IndyPacer
06-27-2010, 10:55 PM

It looks like the Bobcats certainly did. :mad: I'm not very happy about this. They have a game on July 5th. What is Indiana doing?

woowoo
06-27-2010, 11:10 PM
It looks like the Bobcats certainly did. :mad: I'm not very happy about this. They have a game on July 5th. What is Indiana doing?

I think it is safe to say there will be a trade this summer, I do wish Indiana had brought in a couple FA PG's though.... Maybe they would have got lucky.

Naptown_Seth
06-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Given the insane amount of talent that went undrafted, along with the clearly opportunities to trade down for more picks, I just don't get how the Pacers can afford to take a pass on both counts. These kids would be an ideal way to fill out a roster with cheap contracts and more chances in the "surprise development" lottery.

If the Pacers could have moved DJones to OKC for the trade down, then filled up the space of Jones, Watson, and Head with cheaper kids, plus a few more cheap rooks to cover the space opened if/when the team moves the contracts of Troy, Dun, and Ford, you could actually field a pretty low salary figure team, even if you brought back in one guy making $15m for those expirings.

It's frustrating for me that due to iffy drafting and dealing the last couple of years I'm seeing more and more favorite prospects on other teams, which takes my interest to those teams too.

Sorry to say that I'm more interested in TWill, Tweety and Zoubek than George, Lance and Rolle...not even bringing Favors and D James into the equation.

The good news - one game on July 5th holiday, next 2 at 7pm after work. Then should I go in late on Friday? :)

pwee31
06-27-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm curious who we have brought in? That only shows our 3 draft picks? Who did we fill out our summer roster with? It starts in like a week?

I really hope we have at least a PG we can look at with Price on the mend. I'm still hoping we get a look at Alexey Shved (who I didn't see on a roster)

Perhaps Marcus Williams of the D-League who we thought about signing at the end of the year

Psyren
06-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Will there be coverage on NBATV? I assume we will be able to watch on the website again this year.
Yes, the entire Orlando Summer league will be broadcast on NBATV.

ChristianDudley
06-27-2010, 11:59 PM
isn't anybody available for any team to pick up?? cuz no team owns Torrance's rights or Reynolds' rights, etc....so we could still sign them if we wanted to i believe.

JB24
06-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Russell Robinson (PG from that 2008 Jayhawks team) has been added to the roster, according to Ridiculous Upside. That's it so far.

naptownmenace
06-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Given the insane amount of talent that went undrafted, along with the clearly opportunities to trade down for more picks, I just don't get how the Pacers can afford to take a pass on both counts. These kids would be an ideal way to fill out a roster with cheap contracts and more chances in the "surprise development" lottery.

If the Pacers could have moved DJones to OKC for the trade down, then filled up the space of Jones, Watson, and Head with cheaper kids, plus a few more cheap rooks to cover the space opened if/when the team moves the contracts of Troy, Dun, and Ford, you could actually field a pretty low salary figure team, even if you brought back in one guy making $15m for those expirings.

It's frustrating for me that due to iffy drafting and dealing the last couple of years I'm seeing more and more favorite prospects on other teams, which takes my interest to those teams too.

Sorry to say that I'm more interested in TWill, Tweety and Zoubek than George, Lance and Rolle...not even bringing Favors and D James into the equation.

You assume that the Pacers didn't try to do what you suggested. Then you assume that if they had, it would've worked out better for them. You also seem to assume that they don't have any other trades in the works that have to wait until after July.

Your frustrations are based on a lot of empty assumptions, IMO.

Naptown_Seth
06-28-2010, 01:04 PM
You assume that the Pacers didn't try to do what you suggested. Then you assume that if they had, it would've worked out better for them. You also seem to assume that they don't have any other trades in the works that have to wait until after July.

Your frustrations are based on a lot of empty assumptions, IMO.
Expect this to get bumped regularly.

And btw, when you say "they tried but couldn't", that's the same as defending me as the starting center for the Pacers. I tried to do a great job but couldn't, and since I tried then it means things are okay.

No, if they tried to bring in people or make deals and were unable to it means they don't have the negotiation and people skills required to make things happen.

It's not just "Indianapolis". They got Saras to sign with the team, players talk about the Bird aura all the time. Maybe agents and/or players are getting tired of whatever it is they run into with the Pacers. Maybe it's the same issue Stan Van Gundy ran into. Maybe it's the same issue Mel Daniels ran into.

The Pacers NEED a PG and everyone knows it. So why wouldn't Tweety's agent drive him toward Indy as the best chance to make the NBA? Ditto for many other players.

Really?
06-28-2010, 01:24 PM
CHANCES that Russell Robinson makes the team...?

joew8302
06-28-2010, 01:28 PM
CHANCES that Russell Robinson makes the team...?

Slim to none with slim walking down the door

wintermute
06-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Russell Robinson (PG from that 2008 Jayhawks team) has been added to the roster, according to Ridiculous Upside. That's it so far.

i was just going to post that. not a bad addition, i think. our roster is almost full, but we do need a 3rd pg, and russell robinson fits the bill as a tough pg defender. his knock is that he's offensively challenged, however he did shoot 37% from 3pt range last season in the dleague. if he plays well, he'll have a decent chance at making the team. it's said that he was a late cut for the cavs last season.

regarding torrance - ridiculous upside has 3 pg's listed for the bobcats' team (pargo, collins, and clemente), so it seems unlikely that torrance will be playing for them too.

BornReady
06-28-2010, 01:33 PM
did russell robinson backup sherron collins?

wintermute
06-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Slim to none with slim walking down the door

i don't know. we have only 2 pg's right now, and everyone's expecting ford to get traded. whatever happens with the starting pg, we'll still need a 3rd pg or even a 4th guy. a pg like robinson would be perfect. obviously, the chance for a summer league guy to make a team is always slim, but i think the chance is slightly bigger for a pg to make the pacers' roster this year.

wintermute
06-28-2010, 01:55 PM
The Pacers NEED a PG and everyone knows it. So why wouldn't Tweety's agent drive him toward Indy as the best chance to make the NBA? Ditto for many other players.

to be fair, the undrafted rookies aren't the only available recruiting pool for summer league fodder. sometimes we get so caught up in the draft hype that we lose sight of that fact.

for example, last year the pacers' most likely opening was at the swing positions, since we only had granger and rush with dunleavy being injured. last summer's team featured a couple of quality swingmen from the dleague (trey johnson and derrick byars), so that at least shows we can get decent prospects into camp. of course, neither ended up playing well, so the pacers filled those holes through fa instead (d. jones and head).

this year, with the pacers' obvious hole at pg, it stands to reason that we will end up with some reasonable prospects there too. however, it won't necessarily be an undrafted rookie - so far we've heard russell robinson, and i wouldn't be surprised to see the toros' marcus williams too, who the pacers were rumored to be interested in.

anyway, i guess all we can do is wait for the final roster before making judgments.

maragin
06-28-2010, 02:04 PM
And btw, when you say "they tried but couldn't", that's the same as defending me as the starting center for the Pacers. I tried to do a great job but couldn't, and since I tried then it means things are okay.

Whether or not you're going to push for this logical fallacy, that's not what he said. He specifically was pointing out how many assumptions you were operating under.

BRushWithDeath
06-28-2010, 04:10 PM
I've heard Richard Hendrix from Alabama and the D-League will be on the team.

And that Josh McRoberts may even go down for a game or two.

Kraut N Beer
06-28-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm curious who we have brought in? That only shows our 3 draft picks? Who did we fill out our summer roster with? It starts in like a week?

I really hope we have at least a PG we can look at with Price on the mend. I'm still hoping we get a look at Alexey Shved (who I didn't see on a roster)

Perhaps Marcus Williams of the D-League who we thought about signing at the end of the year

Marcus Williams hasn't shown up on anyone else's roster, so maybe his name will be on the list moving forward. I would really like to see that.

Right now, it's 4 on 5 for the Pacers vs. everyone else. The Nets have 18 guys on their roster!

OakMoses
06-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Here it is, the moment we've all been waiting for...

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/camp_roster_2010.html

Rookie/Free Agent Camp Roster 2010
Roster is tentative and subject to change

No. Name Pos. Hgt. Wgt. Birthday School/Country Last team
24 Paul George F 6-9 210 5/2/90 Fresno State Fresno State (NCAA)
11 Richard Hendrix F 6-8 265 11/15/86 Alabama CB Granada (Spain)
-- Thomas Heurtel G 6-2 180 4/10/89 France Strasbourg IG (France)
7 Chris Kramer G 6-3 214 4/4/88 Purdue Purdue (NCAA)
21 Marcus Landry G-F 6-7 230 11/1/85 Wisconsin Boston (NBA)
20 James Mays F 6-9 230 3/3/86 Clemson Humacao (Puerto Rico)
32 Josh McRoberts F 6-10 240 2/2/87 Duke Indiana (NBA)
4 Drew Naymick C 6-10 250 2/1/85 Michigan State Caceras Ciudad del Baloncesto (Spain)
2 Russell Robinson G 6-1 205 1/24/86 Kansas Maine (NBADL)
15 Magnum Rolle C-F 6-11 225 2/23/86 Louisiana Tech Louisiana Tech (NCAA)
6 Lance Stephenson G 6-5 210 9/5/90 Cincinnati Cincinnati (NCAA)
9 Bryce Taylor G-F 6-5 210 9/27/86 Oregon Telekom (Germany)
8 Darryl Watkins C 6-11 258 11/8/84 Syracuse TianJin Rongcheng (China)
12 Marcus Williams F 6-7 205 11/18/86 Arizona Austin (NBADL)

pwee31
06-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Was right about a local in Kramer, as well as Marcus Williams which is good to see.

Russell Robinson backed up Chalmers are KU right?

Thomas Heurtel I haven't heard of, 21 year old PG from France?

Marcus Landy was with the Knicks last year I believe.

I think Naymick was the redhead that came off MSU bench a few years back

Should be interesting. Marcus Williams might actually make the team if he plays well

BRushWithDeath
06-28-2010, 06:15 PM
McRoberts, George, and Stephenson are the only players I see having much of a shot at making the team from this roster. Unless A.J. Price can't come back and gets released then they may find room for Rolle.

Kraut N Beer
06-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Not much in the way of PG talent on this squad. I guess this is another clue that the next PG addition will be coming via free agency or a sign and trade.

OakMoses
06-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Heurtel's intriguing, but probably nothing to get excited about. He worked out for the Pacers.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Thomas-Heurtel-5530/

spazzxb
06-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Interesting to see kramer on the roster. Not much for offense but i bet he can defend the majority of point guards better than anyone on our team. While he doesn't have the size or offensive skill he is a shutdown defender and plays like a bulldog. Anyways at least for summer league he should compliment Stephenson in the backcourt rather well.

BQQ
06-28-2010, 06:35 PM
My man Drew Naymick is on Pacers roster !! Great for him :)

he played in my team in Poland year ago

it is nice to see

BRushWithDeath
06-28-2010, 06:41 PM
I have to say I'm surprised McRoberts would agree to participate. If I remember correctly his contract is only partially guaranteed. An injury there could be devastating for him.

wintermute
06-28-2010, 06:50 PM
marcus williams is listed as a forward, but i wonder if we'll see him at pg. i suppose so, since it's his pg skills that make him intriguing as a prospect. anyway, it's not like we need another wing player - if he wants to make the team, he'll have to do it as a pg.

tadscout
06-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Marcus Williams is the guy rumored from last season... he can play the 1-3... was playing allot of 1 last year in the NBDL if I remember right.

BornReady
06-28-2010, 07:08 PM
lol i got a little happy and giggled when i saw marcus williams on the roster because we all wanted him last year :D

pwee31
06-28-2010, 07:58 PM
I think A.J Price should be a little worried. If a guy like Marcus Williams shows he can play the point and does a good job during summer league, he may get a shot with Price and his contract not being guaranteed

I hope McRoberts doesn't injure himself, but I'm also looking forward to see if he can clearly outplay these guys... which he should be able to.

I'm simply happy for Kramer, I'm an IU guy, but it's nice to see the Pacers giving him an opportunity to showcase his talent

Smoothdave1
06-28-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm intrigued by Hendrix, Landry and Williams.

-- Landry is the little brother of Carl Landry of the Kings and spent some time with the Knicks and Boston last year. I saw him play a few years ago for Wisconsin down in Bloomington when playing IU. He's a decent player who could add depth as the #3 small forward.

-- Hendrix was a 2nd rounder a few years ago to Golden State and has bounced around the D-League and Europe. I like his size as he has a larger frame similar to an Elton Brand, Dejuan Blair, Sean May type of player. Depending upon how the roster shakes out, I could see him getting an invite to training camp

-- Williams is no stranger to the boards here as the Pacers showed a lot of interest in him at the end of last season. Depending upon how he plays, he could battle Price for a backup or may take his roster spot

As far as a guy like Kramer, I'm glad he got an invite. He's probably destined for a career overseas, but I hope he plays well.

I think a few of these guys have a chance to get an invite to camp this fall and may have a chance of making the roster depending upon how trades, retirement, etc. all play out.

As far as McRoberts, I wonder if it was recommended he play in the summer league as a condition for his roster spot?

Ozwalt72
06-28-2010, 10:38 PM
-- Williams is no stranger to the boards here as the Pacers showed a lot of interest in him at the end of last season. Depending upon how he plays, he could battle Price for a backup or may take his roster spot

I think a few of these guys have a chance to get an invite to camp this fall and may have a chance of making the roster depending upon how trades, retirement, etc. all play out.

As far as McRoberts, I wonder if it was recommended he play in the summer league as a condition for his roster spot?

If Price comes back okay, I don't see him losing a roster spot. The possibility of a waived Ford or Dunleavy? Sure. Of course this is assuming we don't make a trade for a better PG.

Hendrix actually sounds a lot like Blair in the 6 month old write-up on www.draftexpress.com

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Richard-Hendrix-229/

And the McRoberts deal....I think Bird expects to give up Murphy for whatever PG he acquires, opening up more playing time to McRoberts. Why he has agreed to play in the summer league? Maybe for conditioning. Hibbert is going to be playing for Jamaica during the summer league, so maybe his workout partner is gone and he decided to get some reps this way.

KennerLeaguer
06-28-2010, 11:31 PM

Ahh. Good choice.

KennerLeaguer
06-28-2010, 11:32 PM
I have to say I'm surprised McRoberts would agree to participate. If I remember correctly his contract is only partially guaranteed. An injury there could be devastating for him.

Plus its not normal for a guy who has been in the league for three seasons to play in the summer league games.

Sookie
06-29-2010, 12:27 AM
I think A.J Price should be a little worried. If a guy like Marcus Williams shows he can play the point and does a good job during summer league, he may get a shot with Price and his contract not being guaranteed

I hope McRoberts doesn't injure himself, but I'm also looking forward to see if he can clearly outplay these guys... which he should be able to.

I'm simply happy for Kramer, I'm an IU guy, but it's nice to see the Pacers giving him an opportunity to showcase his talent

I would expect the Pacers are going to at the very least, give Price the year to prove himself. Larry considered him part of the "young core" and pieces he'd prefer not to trade before his injury. Not to mention, he's the only PG on the roster the Pacers like. The Pacers wouldnt' have AJ doing his rehab with the Pacer's staff if they were thinking about cutting him.

OakMoses
06-29-2010, 01:05 AM
I wonder if there isn't a looming T.J. Ford buyout if we are unable to trade him. I can't see any scenario where he'd be on the court, so if we could save a couple million and open up a roster spot, it would be beneficial. This would only happen if we are unable to make any sort of worthwhile move this summer.

oz_pacer
06-29-2010, 03:20 AM
has anyone got any info on gabe pruitt? he would've been handy in the summer league to see what he can do he is on new jerseys summer roster he played a couple of seasons with the celts he got limited minutes

cdash
06-29-2010, 03:42 AM
Kramer is a ginormous tool. Now that I got that out of the way, he is a terrific defender. Really tough guy. If he can just work on knocking down an NBA three-pointer, there could be a place in the league for him. I think he'll need to play overseas for a couple of years first, but anyone who plays D that tough has a place in the game.

wintermute
06-29-2010, 06:35 AM
bruno with a short writeup of some of the summer league participants. apparently the published roster is still tentative.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/web_100628.html

RFA camp roster heavy on prospects
June 28, 2010

All three of the Pacers acquired through the NBA Draft join veteran Josh McRoberts on the team's tentative roster for Rookie/Free Agent camp, which begins Thursday in Conseco Fieldhouse.

First-round pick Paul George (6-9 small forward, Fresno State), second-round pick Lance Stephenson (6-5 shooting guard, Cincinnati) and second-round acquisition Magnum Rolle (6-11 center-forward, Louisiana Tech) are scheduled to participate.

They'll be joined by two players that worked out for the Pacers but went undrafted: guard Chris Kramer (Purdue) and point guard Thomas Heurtel (France).

Kramer, the two-time Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year, averaged 6.5 points and 3.0 rebounds as a senior. Heurtel averaged 9.4 points and 4.8 assists four Strasbourg IG, shooting .418 from the 3-point line.

Other participants (subject to change) include:

Richard Hendrix, a 6-8 power forward from Alabama who starred in Europe last season, earning the ACB (Spain) Rising Star Award;

Marcus Landry, the former Wisconsin forward who appeared in 18 NBA games last season averaging 2.6 points and 1.1 rebounds;

Marcus Williams, a 6-7 point forward from Arizona who starred in the D-League, averaging 24.3 points, 5.4 rebounds and 4.8 assists last season for the Austin Toros.

After practicing Thursday through Sunday the players will head to Orlando for summer-league play beginning Monday.

Kegboy
06-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Hopefully Kramer will get another go in Vegas, no chance we keep him. Milwaukee hasn't announced their roster yet, so we'll see.

Kegboy
06-29-2010, 08:50 AM
http://boilerstation.jconline.com/article/20100629/SPORTS02010201/6290324/Pacers-give-Kramer-his-NBA-shot

Pacers give Kramer his NBA shot

By JEFF WASHBURN
jwashburn@jconline.com

Chris Kramer just wanted a chance to earn an NBA roster spot.

Thanks to the Indiana Pacers, the Purdue defensive specialist will have that opportunity.

The franchise announced Monday that the 6-foot-3 Kramer will participate in the Pacers' Rookie/Free Agent Camp, which is scheduled for Thursday through Sunday in Indianapolis.

Indiana's rookies and free agents then will head to Orlando for NBA Summer League games, which begin Monday.

Veteran Josh McRoberts, first-round pick Paul George (Fresno State), second-round pick Lance Stephenson (Cincinnati) and second-round acquisition Magnum Rolle (Louisiana Tech) are among those who will participate.

Point guard Thomas Heurtel (France) and former Wisconsin standout Marcus Landry also are scheduled to play summer league ball for the Pacers.

Kramer, a two-time Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year, averaged 6.5 points and three rebounds during his senior season at Purdue, helping Matt Painter's team post a 29-6 record.

The former Boilermaker said the Pacers were impressed with the way he defended Stephenson during a workout.

"It was the way I battled," Kramer said Monday night. "I really went at it with Lance. Neither of us backed down. I also have to thank my agent, Buddy Baker, for working the whole time for me."

Kramer traveled to Milwaukee on Monday for a second workout with the Bucks. While there, he got a call from his agent with the offer from the Pacers.

"When I got that call, I was on cloud nine," Kramer said. "The chance to play in my home state for the Pacers is just great.

"But I know nothing is guaranteed. I have to go in there and prove myself all over again, just like I did at Purdue."

Keaton Grant, who played four seasons with Kramer, isn't surprised his Purdue teammate has been signed by the Pacers.

"Most definitely, I'm happy for him," Grant said. "More power to him. I would have to assume his defensive skills impressed them.

"I hope he can use this opportunity to earn the kind of contract he is looking for."

Hope Skiles and Hammond still give him a shot. I can understand wanting to play for the Pacers, but he's got a much better shot with them.

graphic-er
06-29-2010, 08:57 AM
I think McRoberts is gonna play simply to make sure Larry knows none of these kids are better than him. He could be cut anytime Bird see fit to cut him to open up another roster spot.

Jose Slaughter
06-29-2010, 09:12 AM
For those thinking about Marcus Williams...

There are two different players with the same name.

One is a small forward the other a point guard.

pwee31
06-29-2010, 09:49 AM
For those thinking about Marcus Williams...

There are two different players with the same name.

One is a small forward the other a point guard.

The SF one that's on our roster can also play PG. He can play 1-3 positions. Which is the type of player Bird said he's looking for

lavell12
06-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Is Tyler H still hurt? Why isn't he on the roster?

wintermute
06-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Is Tyler H still hurt? Why isn't he on the roster?

yes

http://twitter.com/Wells222

@Wells222 why is mcbob playing and not Aj or Tyler?

@toad9800 Because they're both injured.