PDA

View Full Version : Could be over for the rest of the league: Lebron, Bosh leaning towards Bulls

d_c
06-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Lebron, Bosh, Rose, Noah and I'm not sure who the rest of the team is really matters.

Domination.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5333896

ChristianDudley
06-27-2010, 05:51 PM
they could do better at center, but it's hard to even think about beating a team with that type of starting lineup.

d_c
06-27-2010, 05:54 PM
they could do better at center, but it's hard to even think about beating a team with that type of starting lineup.

IMO, Noah is better than Luc Longley and Cartwright (when Cartwright was with the Bulls anyways). In fact, he's who you want with 3 other stars around him. You want a guy who does the dirty work and he does just that.

giggity00939
06-27-2010, 05:55 PM
if chicago and miami both get a couple max contract players then theyll probly be 1 and 2 seed in the east

PacersPride
06-27-2010, 05:58 PM
IMO, Noah is better than Luc Longley and Cartwright (when Cartwright was with the Bulls anyways). In fact, he's who you want with 3 other stars around him. You want a guy who does the dirty work and he does just that.

two words.

ZONE DEFENSE

even then it might not matter.

Sookie
06-27-2010, 06:01 PM
LOl, only one ball..

That screams chemistry issues..

xBulletproof
06-27-2010, 06:03 PM
I doubt there's chemistry issues when they're winning by 30 points every other night.

bellisimo
06-27-2010, 06:05 PM
is it even possible with the contracts/etc?

Sookie
06-27-2010, 06:06 PM
I doubt there's chemistry issues when they're winning by 30 points every other night.

Jesus, people pay too much attention to "star power" and no attention to balance.

Derick Rose and Lebron like to dominate the ball...who gets too? In fact, who initiates the offense?

Not one of those players is a shooter....

Are all of them gonna be happy with a decrease in stats..

Whose the team leader? Lebron? Really..D. Rose is the PG and it's HIS team..

I could go on and on..but I'll repeat..only one ball.

PacersPride
06-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Jesus, people pay too much attention to "star power" and no attention to balance.

Derick Rose and Lebron like to dominate the ball...who gets too? In fact, who initiates the offense?

Noah isnt a scorer. plenty of shots to go around for Bron, Bosh, Rose. and it would be Bron's team, as good as rose is, it would be Bron's team

Jesus that would be scary to face that lineup for the next 10 years.

d_c
06-27-2010, 06:12 PM

Fine. Then down the road if they find out that Lebron and Rose can't co-exist, then they just trade Rose for a less ball dominant PG. Derrick Rose for Russell Westbrook? OKC has to consider doing that and probably would. Derrick Rose for Steph Curry (might be an even better fit)? The Warriors have to consider that. It's not as if the Bulls will no longer be able to make moves after signing Lebron and Bosh. They could make a TON of moves if needed.

Bottom line is they'd have Lebron + Bosh (your two big stars) and then a bunch of talented assets they could use to build around that. Cleveland never had that.

Lebron dragged a not very talented Cavs roster to the finals and a couple of 60+ win seasons. Imagine what he could do with the right help. Chicago can offer him that help.

tadscout
06-27-2010, 06:18 PM
I think everything is purely speculative right now. Unless you can read the minds of the actual player (not listen to their entourage, that don't really have a pull in the final decision), then you don't know what will happen yet.

I also love the blatant tampering going on... and the league clearly is willing to enforce the rules on some (Kerr and Cuban) and turn their backs and be oblivious to everyone else. Such :bs:

Then again with all the tampering maybe more negations/ talks has happened already... :whoknows:

oz_pacer
06-27-2010, 06:19 PM
wow that would be tough to mess with. A couple of pieces and a bit of tinkering and they would be a huge force in the league they have deng coming off the bench or trade him to get some role players?

Jrod Jones
06-27-2010, 06:22 PM
I dont understand why Lebron wants to go to the Bulls and live in Jordan's shadow... I don't think this is the good for Lebron at all

d_c
06-27-2010, 06:23 PM
I think everything is purely speculative right now. Unless you can read the minds of the actual player (not listen to their entourage, that don't really have a pull in the final decision), then you don't know what will happen yet.

Of course. But it's very realistic speculation. This is the free agent period. It's obviously well within the salary cap for the Bulls to make this kind of move and from a basketball standpoint, it makes sense for what Lebron wants to do.

This isn't some pie in the sky speculation with the fans of an over the cap team thinking his team's going magically pull a superstar out of nowhere. This is very real. The Bulls can offer Lebron an almost ideal situation, and certainly one that looks more appealing than the one the Cavs have been offering him for the past 7 years.

d_c
06-27-2010, 06:25 PM
I dont understand why Lebron wants to go to the Bulls and live in Jordan's shadow... I don't think this is the good for Lebron at all

It was said in the article that this was going to be a basketball decision for Lebron. He wants to go to a place where he can win a championship and Chicago presents him with the best opportunity, given the assets they already have in place and the fact that Bosh would also join him.

I mean, he can live in the shadow of Jordan while winning championships or stay in Cleveland where he'll never have to live in that shadow but play for a bad organization that couldn't figure out how to get him help for 7 years.

tadscout
06-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Of course. But it's very realistic speculation. This is the free agent period. It's obviously well within the salary cap for the Bulls to make this kind of move and from a basketball standpoint, it makes sense for what Lebron wants to do.

This isn't some pie in the sky speculation with the fans of an over the cap team thinking his team's going magically pull a superstar out of nowhere. This is very real. The Bulls can offer Lebron an almost ideal situation, and certainly one that looks more appealing than the one the Cavs have been offering him for the past 7 years.

Yes it's realistic speculation... but for media and some executives saying it's a done deal just seems too far. Especially since any 'deals' or talks aren't even supposed to been done yet.

Heck teams calling and scheduling meetings before July 1st has always even been a no-no... well till this summer. Till now first contact has been by phone call at 12:01 am July 1st, scheduling meetings then.

Next summer when we have cap room if we do anything the teams are doing this summer I bet we get the book thrown at us. It's Stern after all.

PacersPride
06-27-2010, 06:32 PM
This could be bad for the nba. over 80% of the teams will have NO CHANCE. only the Lakers and Bulls. its gonna be the same nba finals for the next decade.

The NBA ultimately may suffer.

Sollozzo
06-27-2010, 06:34 PM

I've never understood this point of view.

The great organizations in sports have had great players spread across different eras. Did Kobe or Shaq fear going to the Lakers because of Magic Johnson's shadow? Did Pierce, KG, and Ray Allen have trouble living in the shadow of Celtic legends like Bird or Russell? Did Jeter have a problem in New York because of the shadow of the other Yankee greats? No to all....

What exactly is the alleged shadow of Jordan going to prevent Lebron from doing? Yes the fans there will have high expectations, but so will ANY team who gets Lebron. Any fan base that gets him is going to expect titles, whether it's Chicago, New York, or Miami.

Chicago fans aren't stupid. They know more than anyone that there is one and only one Michael Jordan. After 12 years of futility, they will welcome Lebron up with open arms. If Lebron wins a championship there and resurrects the magic that Jordan created then he will be a GOD. That's a challenge I'd welcome if I were in his shoes.

I think the Bulls are the best fit with Lebron. Lebron, Bosh, Rose, Noah.....that's winning the east next year. Kobe's Lakers vs Lebron's Bulls? The ratings would be through the roof. You's have star power, major market teams, and organizations with rich history.

d_c
06-27-2010, 06:35 PM
This could be bad for the nba. over 80% of the teams will have NO CHANCE. only the Lakers and Bulls. its gonna be the same nba finals for the next decade.

I agree, it would suck for fans of the rest of the league. But from an NBA marketing standpoint, they could easily live off Lebron vs. Kobe in the finals for another 2-3 years of Kobe's prime.

I mean, the NBA was probably at its peak when it was mostly Lakers vs. Celts in the finals all the time.

MillerTime
06-27-2010, 06:37 PM
remmeber when NY put together a team of All Stars...it didnt work for them. It might not work for the Bulls.

Sollozzo
06-27-2010, 06:38 PM
remmeber when NY put together a team of All Stars...it didnt work for them. It might not work for the Bulls.

When did NY put together a team of All Stars?

Jrod Jones
06-27-2010, 06:39 PM

The great organizations in sports have had great players spread across different eras. Did Kobe or Shaq fear going to the Lakers because of Magic Johnson's shadow? Did Pierce, KG, and Ray Allen have trouble living in the shadow of Celtic legends like Bird or Russell? Did Jeter have a problem in New York because of the shadow of the other Yankee greats? No to all....

What exactly is the alleged shadow of Jordan going to prevent Lebron from doing? Yes the fans there will have high expectations, but so will ANY team who gets Lebron. Any fan base that gets him is going to expect titles, whether it's Chicago, New York, or Miami.

Meh I guess, but I just think that if Lebron wants to be the best ever, theres no reason to try to do it on a team that is already hosting MJ.

Thinking about it more I guess I agree, but I still feel like its better for everyone if he goes somewhere else.

d_c
06-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Meh I guess, but I just think that if Lebron wants to be the best ever, theres no reason to try to do it on a team that is already hosting MJ.

One things for sure: He's not going to the best ever playing for a Cleveland team that hasn't managed to get anything solid built around him, even though they've had 7 years to do it.

Magic P
06-27-2010, 06:42 PM

Chicago fans aren't stupid. They know more than anyone that there is one and only one Michael Jordan. After 12 years of futility, they will welcome Lebron up with open arms.

I think the Bulls are the best fit with Lebron. Lebron, Bosh, Rose, Noah.....that's winning the east next year. Kobe's Lakers vs Lebron's Bulls? The ratings would be through the roof. You's have star power, major market teams, and organizations with rich history.

Those aren't good examples since most of those guys were drafted by those teams the only exceptions is Shaq who went to the Lakers as a free agent and Kobe who was traded to LA.

I don't know what Jordan's shadow is going to do to Lebron but i know if they put together an all-star team and Lebron gets put out by the Magic, Celts or some other team they are going to eat this guy alive in the press.

Sollozzo
06-27-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't know what Jordan's shadow is going to do to Lebron but i know if they put together an all-star team and Lebron gets put out by the Magic, Celts or some other team they are going to eat this guy alive in the press.

And he wasn't eaten alive by the press this year when Boston eliminated him?

He's Lebron. People expect rings out of him whether he's in Cleveland, Chicago, New York or Miami. What the Chicago media would do to him is really no worse than what the national media did to him....

Like I said, the great organizations in sports have great players/teams in different eras. The Bulls had a great era with Jordan and now its time for them to have another one.

woowoo
06-27-2010, 06:48 PM

If Bron and Chris B go to Chicago, that team cannot shoot the ball from the perimiter... Bron has an enormous ego and I think it is legit to question whether he can co exist with "two" other superstars. Teams that win big have outstanding chemistry, will the Bulls have that with Bron and Bosh?

I will be honest, I would rather have D Wade than Bron any day of the week. Wade has "gotten it done" and if they get Joe Johnson and Boozer or Amare then they are every bit as talented as the Bulls (with Bron) and probably better.

then you have Orlando, Oklahoma City, LA, Denver, SA, Boston may not be done either. The Bulls are far from a lock with Bron.....

I think Bron is just an attention whore and he is just soaking it all up right now, I think he stays in Cleveland. If he leaves he will never be able to live comfortably in Ohio again. JMO :)

Trader Joe
06-27-2010, 06:49 PM

Normally, I'd agree...but I think Rose and Lebron are both unique and are gamers. Bosh is also a big man who is plenty capable of scoring without the ball in his hands (I.E. mid range jumpers, cuts to the hoop).

I think Rose and Lebron can dominate the ball. Noah does the dirty work, you find a dead eye shooter to fill the 2...

Scary stuff...

maragin
06-27-2010, 06:50 PM
That's nice of him to stay in the Central Division.

Sollozzo
06-27-2010, 06:53 PM
One things for sure: He's not going to the best ever playing for a Cleveland team that hasn't managed to get anything solid built around him, even though they've had 7 years to do it.

Agree 100% with that. Lebron gave Cleveland plenty of time to build something strong around him that could get by the likes of Boston and Orlando in the playoffs. The only time they were able to get to the finals was when they caught Detroit sleep-walking in the ECF's. But once hungry talented teams like Boston and Orlando started popping up, the Cavs just couldn't stack up.

If I'm Lebron, I leave Cleveland without ever looking back and with no regrets. He did everything he could for that city and franchise. But he's about to enter his 8th season in the league and it's time to go to an organization that can furnish him with some fellow superstars. His legacy is on the line and I personally think he's a fool if he goes back to Cleveland with all of these other lucrative options on the table. I have a feeling he agrees......

Magic P
06-27-2010, 06:54 PM
And he wasn't eaten alive by the press this year when Boston eliminated him?

He's Lebron. People expect rings out of him whether he's in Cleveland, Chicago, New York or Miami. What the Chicago media would do to him is really no worse than what the national media did to him....

Like I said, the great organizations in sports have great players/teams in different eras. The Bulls had a great era with Jordan and now its time for them to have another one.

No, he wasn't. They immediately talked about where will he go soon as the Cavs were eliminated. Only his haters like Skip Bayless trashed Lebron but who really listens to Skip. Sure the headlines the next day talked about him losing again but it wasn't as bad as it's going to be if he loses next year with an all-star squad.

tadscout
06-27-2010, 06:59 PM
The Knicks have LeBron James at the top of their list, but they plan to talk with fellow free agents Joe Johnson and Amar'e Stoudemire as well.

New York's first meeting with be with Johnson, league sources told ESPN's Chris Broussard.

At midnight on July 1, Knicks president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni will meet with Johnson in Los Angeles.

New York's brass will then fly to Ohio Thursday afternoon to meet with James.

Walsh and D'Antoni also help to meet with Stoudemire in Los Angeles.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67489/20100627/knicks_plan_to_talk_with_johnson_stoudemire/##ixzz0s65MsnEm

ESPN Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5334060)

BornReady
06-27-2010, 07:12 PM
what if indy beat them next year? :D

d_c
06-27-2010, 07:15 PM
No, he wasn't. They immediately talked about where will he go soon as the Cavs were eliminated. Only his haters like Skip Bayless trashed Lebron but who really listens to Skip. Sure the headlines the next day talked about him losing again but it wasn't as bad as it's going to be if he loses next year with an all-star squad.

If Lebron wants to be a champion and has half a brain, he'll go to an organization that gives him the best possible chance to win.

He's shouldn't cower under the same loser franchise he's currently with with the purpose of avoiding further criticism from a few haters in the media like Skip Bayless. I seriously doubt that's how he thinks. If he does think like that, then he's an idiot who puts image over winning and probably doesn't deserve a championship.

MyFavMartin
06-27-2010, 07:20 PM
I'd trade Price for Rose... throw in TJ Ford too.

Kid Minneapolis
06-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Lebron won't look right in a Bulls uni, lol... I completely expected NY to be his destination, if not Cleveland.

Return to Glory
God, more Lebron talk.................I see enough of this on ESPN, now on PD.

ilive4sports
Why won't LeBron be able to share the ball with the other stars? He did in the Olympics. He didn't even lead the team in scoring did he? It was Melo (i think).

I think when those guys realize then can have a decade of dominating the NBA, they will be ok.

DocHolliday
06-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Noah isnt a scorer. plenty of shots to go around for Bron, Bosh, Rose. and it would be Bron's team, as good as rose is, it would be Bron's team

Jesus that would be scary to face that lineup for the next 10 years.

Yeah, I'm sure the 4 of them would not stay together for 10 years. They'd all run away crying in separate directions the minute the injury bug bit their team or chemistry didn't work out the way they planned, causing them to fall short of a single title in 3 years.

Sollozzo
06-27-2010, 07:59 PM
God, more Lebron talk.................I see enough of this on ESPN, now on PD.

It's just beginning.

tadscout
06-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Conflicting reports-

An NBA general manager reportedly told Jon Rothstein of MSG Network that Chris Bosh will certainly sign with the Heat as a free agent.

"This has been planned for a long time," the GM said. "Chris is going to Miami."

Another GM reportedly told The New York Times that he thinks "it's a done deal" that Bosh and LeBron James will sign with the Bulls.

Via Jon Rothstein/MSG Network (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67488/20100627/gm_bosh_going_to_miami_planned_for_a_long_time/#ixzz0s6K9yUfB

hoosierguy
06-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Jesus, why couldn't the Pacers put themselves in such a position as the Bulls find themselves?

All of their cap space becomes available NEXT season when the FA market is crappy.

hoosierguy
06-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Conflicting reports-

Bosh to Miami makes sense.

If I was making $15-20 million a year I certainly would prefer to live in South Florida rather than Chicago.

The Heat are going to be a very dangerous team with Wade, Bosh, and another big name (Joe Johnson?).

Doug
06-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Well, I'd love to have the problem of "too much talent and only one basketball" as opposed to the one we have now.

Los Angeles
06-27-2010, 08:07 PM
That team would definitely go far.

But it reminds me a little of the LA team that the Pistons beat.

FOUR HALL OF FAMERS!

Fail.

tadscout
06-27-2010, 08:12 PM

If I was making $15-20 million a year I certainly would prefer to live in South Florida rather than Chicago.

The Heat are going to be a very dangerous team with Wade, Bosh, and another big name (Joe Johnson?).

From what I've read Riley only intends to sign Wade and one other max and use the rest of the cap to fill out the team (Haslem, ect.), and has no intention on trading Beasley for nothing (what he'd have to do to get low enough to afford 3 max contracts).

The 3 max contract stuff was all media speculation...

xBulletproof
06-27-2010, 08:13 PM

FOUR HALL OF FAMERS!

Fail.

Sarcasm, correct? lol

bulldog
06-27-2010, 08:16 PM
They didn't have four Hall of Famers in their prime. They had Shaq, Kobe, and the decaying carcasses of Malone and Payton. And they were doing very well, if you remember, until Malone went down for the Finals.

A Rose-LBJ-CBosh-Noah Bulls nucleus would be unstoppable. Sure, they'd have to fill the squad out with some shooters and other role players, but I think guys like Mike Miller would be chomping at the bit to take the MLE and sign with that kind of a roster. As a basketball fan, I'd really like to see how good that team could be, it'd be very exciting and potentially beautiful to watch.

Slick Pinkham
06-27-2010, 08:18 PM

Florida also doesn't have a state income tax.

A smart GM could complement Lebron, Bosh, Rose, and Noah with several cost-effective spot shooters like Jason Kapono, Daquan Cook, Mike Miller, etc. that would be dangerous if left alone, like Steve Kerr was for MJ.

dohman
06-27-2010, 08:23 PM
With the pace and motors these guys have. I feel bad for the rest of the nba. If they can find a pure 3pt shooter for cheap they may never lose again haha.

and to the comment about what if the pacers beat them. THE PACERS WERE THE ONLY TEAM TO BEAT THE BULLS 72-10 TEAM TWICE!

Sollozzo
06-27-2010, 08:32 PM
That team would definitely go far.

FOUR HALL OF FAMERS!

Fail.

True, but the undoing of that team was...

1) Kobe and Shaq hating each other
2) Malone was 40 and injured that season. He was pretty beat up by the time the finals rolled around.
3) Gary Payton got absolutely abused by Billups
4) The Pistons were just hungry, played as a team, and flat out rolled them.

It also (somewhat) reminds me of the 08 Celtics who won the title.

Lebron and Bosh are in their primes. Drose and Noah are young guys who have had a taste of the playoffs but haven't been able to get over that first round hump. I think they'll gladly listen and defer to 'Bron and Bosh.

If 'Bron and Bosh go there, they are immediately the favorite to come out of the east.

Stryder
06-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Why won't LeBron be able to share the ball with the other stars? He did in the Olympics. He didn't even lead the team in scoring did he? It was Melo (i think).

I think when those guys realize then can have a decade of dominating the NBA, they will be ok.

You cannot equate the Olympics with the normal NBA season.

Pacersalltheway10
06-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Monopolies are no fun...... :(

hoosierguy
06-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Again, why in the hell could the Pacers not make the necessary moves to put themselves in a position to add a couple of major pieces this summer?

Yes, the Bulls were going nowhere until they got lucky in the lottery and landed the #1 overall pick. Noah was one of their few top ten picks that panned out or wasn't traded away (see Elton Brand).

I mean, the Bulls were absolutely TERRIBLE for six consecutive seasons after Jordan retired and have been mediocre since 2004 and now stand poised to become dominant again. Did John Paxson suddenly become a good GM?

Sollozzo
06-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Plenty of loaded teams have found ways for everyone to get their share of the basketball. If these guys go to Chicago the Bulls will be fine. Lebron is at the point in his career where you can pretty much pencil him for 50+ wins even if he's playing with a bunch of duds. He's that good. Compliment him with some actual stars (unlike anything he's ever had in Cleveland) and they will 60+ games while sleepwalking. Rose and everyone else will defer to Lebron no questions asked.

hoosierguy
06-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Chicago landing Lebron does not ensure an NBA title.

Boston, Orlando, and Miami will all pose formidable challenges and whoever comes out of the West will be an excellent team (see LA Lakers).

hoosierguy
06-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Plenty of loaded teams have found ways for everyone to get their share of the basketball. If these guys go to Chicago the Bulls will be fine. Lebron is at the point in his career where you can pretty much pencil him for 50+ wins even if he's playing with a bunch of duds. He's that good. Compliment him with some actual stars (unlike anything he's ever had in Cleveland) and they will 60+ games while sleepwalking. Rose and everyone else will defer to Lebron no questions asked.

I don't know how you can be sure of this. Cleveland "sleepwalked" to 60+ wins the last two seasons but folded and were rolled in the playoffs. Boston and Orlando aren't anywhere and Miami will be much improved- and this is just the Eastern Conference.

owl
06-27-2010, 08:42 PM
I have no problem if that happens. It adds to the central division and the Pacers get to play against possiby the best team multiple times a season. That can only make them better.

tadscout
06-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Henry Thomas, the agent for Chris Bosh, specifically refuted a report that his client has decided to sign with the Bulls and generally denied that he's made any decision about his upcoming free agency.

"Completely untrue," Bosh's agent wrote in an e-mail to NBA.com. "He hasn't decided anything."

One report cited an NBA general manager who thought Bosh was certain to follow LeBron James to Chicago. Another GM was cited saying that Bosh had already made plans to sign in Miami.

Via NBA.com

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67498/20100627/agent_bosh_hasnt_decided_anything/#ixzz0s6ve8eU7

...and free agency hasn't even started.

MLB007
06-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Lebron isn't an inside player. Bosh is soft inside. Where's the beef?
Don't see them matching up with Lakers size inside.
Awesome team to be sure, on paper at least.
Still wouldn't anoint them NBA champs.

idioteque
06-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Again, why in the hell could the Pacers not make the necessary moves to put themselves in a position to add a couple of major pieces this summer?

Yes, the Bulls were going nowhere until they got lucky in the lottery and landed the #1 overall pick. Noah was one of their few top ten picks that panned out or wasn't traded away (see Elton Brand).

I mean, the Bulls were absolutely TERRIBLE for six consecutive seasons after Jordan retired and have been mediocre since 2004 and now stand poised to become dominant again. Did John Paxson suddenly become a good GM?

Because its the Pacers, who are located in Indiana, where no superstar wants to live. And it's not even necessarily the city itself, no one can make endorsement money based in Indiana like they can based in a larger market. When was the last time a high profile free agent in his prime signed with Indiana, Milwaukee, or even Cleveland with Lebron?

Teams like the Pacers have to try to build solid foundations through the draft, develop and try to re-sign young talent, and finally hope they catch Kobe sleeping one year when he may not be quite as hungry as he was coming off last year's title. I think it sucks but its the way the NBA works.

tadscout
06-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Because its the Pacers, who are located in Indiana, where no superstar wants to live. And it's not even necessarily the city itself, no one can make endorsement money based in Indiana like they can based in a larger market.

Peyton Manning

If you are good you can make endorsement money anywhere... (Lebron in Cleveland as well has raked in the endorsement deals...)

woowoo
06-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Bosh, Boozer... Miami with Wade
JJohnson, Amare to NY
Bron Bron stays in Cleveland
Bulls left holding the bag...... That's my prediction...

woowoo
06-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Peyton Manning

If you are good you can make endorsement money anywhere... (Lebron in Cleveland as well has raked in the endorsement deals...)

Exactly...

Naptown_Seth
06-27-2010, 11:53 PM
LOl, only one ball..

That screams chemistry issues..
I can't agree with that really. Rose worked well with several other stars that needed the ball, especially CDR. Noah is a hoss of a grinder in the post, perfect fit for Rose, James.

Bosh is the wildcard, but I assume if he chooses to get into this situation then he knows he's deferring to Lebron. If Gasol can let Kobe run the bus then Bosh can do the same with James.

Throw 2 shooter only guys on that team and you've got trouble. Bosh might be soft but James and Noah can knock people around with their strength, and it's not like Rose is a waterbug.

tadscout
06-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Bosh, Boozer... Miami with Wade
JJohnson, Amare to NY
Bron Bron stays in Cleveland
Bulls left holding the bag...... That's my prediction...

Riley has said he's only planning for 2 max contracts... thus Wade and one more...

Heat president Pat Riley shot down two rumors claiming that Michael Beasley isn't on the block and that signing three players to max-level contracts is a longshot.

"I want to build a team, and it takes five guys to build a team, and whatever kind of room we created, it's to build a team," Riley stressed.

"That's not going to happen," Riley said of trading Beasley. "We are not that desperate for room, to trade the second pick in the draft.

"We want to build around him."

Via South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67455/20100625/riley_isnt_shopping_beasley_not_counting_on_three_ maxes/#ixzz0s7JI5Qf8

Sookie
06-28-2010, 12:01 AM
I can't agree with that really. Rose worked well with several other stars that needed the ball, especially CDR. Noah is a hoss of a grinder in the post, perfect fit for Rose, James.

Bosh is the wildcard, but I assume if he chooses to get into this situation then he knows he's deferring to Lebron. If Gasol can let Kobe run the bus then Bosh can do the same with James.

Throw 2 shooter only guys on that team and you've got trouble. Bosh might be soft but James and Noah can knock people around with their strength, and it's not like Rose is a waterbug.

The style of play those three players play do not fit together, unless they get a coach that can manage to find an offense that fits them together and the coach is well known enough that the players actually respect and listen to him, they get shooters, and the three put their egos aside..As pointed out, someone like Curry would be a much better PG fit than Rose. And I don't know what they'd do for Center, but you can't have two guys clogging up the post with Lebron there.

pacergod2
06-28-2010, 12:11 AM
The Bulls don't have the cap space for 2 max players. I hate the ESPN hype machine. Go to hell Chris Broussard and Company.

tadscout
06-28-2010, 12:20 AM
Sorry to break Toronto heart, I love that city, but Chris Bosh is heading to Miami
about 3 hours ago via Twitterrific

Via- Charlie Villanueva (http://twitter.com/CV31/status/17211006330)

tadscout
06-28-2010, 12:20 AM
The Bulls don't have the cap space for 2 max players. I hate the ESPN hype machine. Go to hell Chris Broussard and Company.

They supposedly do after the Hinrich trade...

Magic P
06-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Via- Charlie Villanueva (http://twitter.com/CV31/status/17211006330)

Good, now go tell LeBron to get the hell out of the division.

tadscout
06-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Good, now go tell LeBron to get the hell out of the division.

Part way there-

You have a better chance seeing me with a Ben Wallace afro, than Lebron going back to Cleveland, http://tinyurl.com/nfj2nr
about 3 hours ago via Twitterrific

Via- Charlie Villanueva (http://twitter.com/CV31/status/17211978886)

CableKC
06-28-2010, 02:20 AM
OT.....but I was in Reno over the weekend and placed a $25 bet on both the Bulls and Heat to win the Championship. I got 14-1 odds on the Bulls and 20-1 odds on the Heat. Thankfully some ( but not all ) of the Casinos hasn't factored in the Lebron Sweepstakes into their wagering yet.

Day-V
06-28-2010, 04:47 AM
Throwing this one out there:

If it comes down to the trade deadline and Chicago with that supposed team needs a shooter, do you think they go after Dunleavy?

OakMoses
06-28-2010, 06:18 AM
sportsguy33

48 hrs ago: sportsbook.com had LeBron at +125 to sign w/ Bulls. Bosh was +300. Now? They're both -500. Hmmmmmm.

http://twitter.com/sportsguy33

Bill Simmons Twitter.

If you don't think Vegas knows stuff, you don't know stuff. In general they're far better at predicting sporting events than anybody in the media. It's not even close.

For you non-gamblers out there, this means that previously, if you bet $500 on LeBron going to the Bulls, you'd get $1125 back (your $500 + $125 for every 100 you bet). Now if you bet the same amount, you get $600 back (your $500 + $100 for every 500 you bet).

AesopRockOn
06-28-2010, 06:37 AM

I think people are thinking sign-and-trade, probably Luol Deng. Is this right?

Unclebuck
06-28-2010, 08:02 AM
I'll only say this.

You never know how a team is going to play together, how certain players are going to play topgether until you actually play the game. So I am not ready to annount the Bulls or whatever team lebron goes to as so good that it is over for the rest of the team.

This is not a fantasy league.

(disclaimer - sure any team lebron goes to will be good, but the question is how good when it counts most)

count55
06-28-2010, 08:16 AM
http://twitter.com/BothTeamsPlayed/status/17243783339

@stephenasmith I just reported on my show that LeBron is heading to S. Beach -- with Bosh -- to team with Dwayne.

(Edit: that's JayRedd's retweet of Stephen A. saying that.)

Magic P
06-28-2010, 09:34 AM

@stephenasmith I just reported on my show that LeBron is heading to S. Beach -- with Bosh -- to team with Dwayne.

I hope Kobe and them whoop that *** in the finals, if they even make it.

Kraut N Beer
06-28-2010, 09:35 AM
This image from the future was captured after LeBron was leaving work after helping lead the Bulls to consecutive championships......

MLB007
06-28-2010, 09:49 AM

James is strong enough, but he just doesn't play in the paint much. And Noah isn't a threat. They'd be VERY good, just saying it's not a lock. There are some awfully stacked teams out there.
I don't see a low post threat. They'll live and die with the jumper. From all three stars.

pacergod2
06-28-2010, 10:47 AM
They supposedly do after the Hinrich trade...

I was counting that with the Hinrich trade. They will have roughly $31M in cap space, which is 2-3M short of what they need. I could see a sign and trade where they send Taj Gibson and James Johnson to get close, but that would require Toronto wanting those players and actually agreeing to it. Toronto is pushing for Bosh to get a sign and trade so I could see it happening. They want some real assets back for letting him go. Also, Chicago would need to sign another 5 players on minimum deals.

gilpdawg
06-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Jesus, why couldn't the Pacers put themselves in such a position as the Bulls find themselves?

All of their cap space becomes available NEXT season when the FA market is crappy.

What big name is going to come to Indiana? We have to build through trades and the draft. Free agency is not an option for us, except for mid-level guys. Even if we had all the cap space in the world, guys like Wade, LeBron, Bosh wouldn't probably even take Larry's call.

And no, a guy like Peyton Manning isn't a good comp. We DRAFTED him.

Trader Joe
06-28-2010, 11:21 AM
I don't know how you can be sure of this. Cleveland "sleepwalked" to 60+ wins the last two seasons but folded and were rolled in the playoffs. Boston and Orlando aren't anywhere and Miami will be much improved- and this is just the Eastern Conference.

His second fiddle was Mo Williams! MO WILLIAMS! A SG trapped in a PG's body who couldn't defend you or me. That team was destined to fail from the beginning. They were great at rolling up wins in the regular season because most teams flat out couldn't stop Lebron, once they hit a team with a team mindset that could stop him defensively (Celtics), they didn't have a second fiddle to take the pressure off. I went over this extensively during the playoffs. Cleveland's roster outside of Lebron was one of the worst of any of the 16 teams in the playoffs.

With Bosh and Rose? Yeah good luck stopping them even if you get Lebron to give up the ball, which he has shown he was willing to do with Mo and Jamison, so why wouldn't he give it up to Rose and Bosh who are both 100x better than their Cleveland counterparts?

CableKC
06-28-2010, 11:40 AM

I forgot where I heard it....but some Analyst was suggesting that Lebron would do better on a Team where he is the "Alpha Male". If he goes to Miami....the question would be who would be the "Alpha Male" in Miami?

90'sNBARocked
06-28-2010, 11:47 AM
According to Stephen A Smith : Both Bosh and LeBron are signing in Miami

go figure, either way it sux

Long live the spirit and class of Reggie Miller : 1 Franchise, not a "ring chaser"

edit: someone beat me to the punch

Trader Joe
06-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Reggie flirted with the Knicks in the 90's. Which as of yet is all Lebron has done, is flirt.

Now I don't blame if he climbs into bed with Chicago or Miami or New York, because going to one of those places is like going from hooking up with a 6 to nailing a 10.

He wants to win Cleveland hasn't done that. They're front office has been at best, just ok, and at worst downright terrible. Plus the rosters that await him in Chi, Miami, or NY are all better than what he would be returning to in Cleveland.

naptownmenace
06-28-2010, 12:56 PM

If it was Lakers and Bulls every year, the NBA would flourish.

Just look at the ratings for this year's finals. They were on par with the 1998 Bulls vs. Jazz Finals. Kobe vs. Lebron would probably shatter all the records and just think of all the LeBron jerseys they'll sell. The Bulls will be a nightmare to play against 4 times a year if this happens. They'll also be very fun to watch and will pack the house in every arena around the nation.

Rose will have to become the 2nd banana and actually, having Lebron on the squad will only help his career. Bosh would be the one who would see a major reduction in his shots and ppg but he'll still have tons of wide open looks as teams collapse on Lebron and Rose.

Sollozzo
06-28-2010, 12:58 PM
I forgot where I heard it....but some Analyst was suggesting that Lebron would do better on a Team where he is the "Alpha Male". If he goes to Miami....the question would be who would be the "Alpha Male" in Miami?

I think the whole "Alpha Male" stuff is grossly overblown. What matters most is titles, and things haven't exactly gone to plan for Lebron and Wade in recent years. Wade's Miami teams have been awful to mediocre since they won the 06 title and Lebron obviously has never been able to get that elusive ring. These guys are about to enter their 8th season in the NBA and know that the clock is going to start ticking a little quicker. Meanwhile, they see Kobe in LA winning his 5th championship and making 3 straight finals after adding fellow all-star Gasol to his team in addition to seeing the big 3 Celtics making 2 finals in 3 years (winning 1) and are bound to think "Hmmm....maybe it's time to team up with each other and go on a tear of our own...."

The Big 3 Celtics were all so called "alpha dogs" on their respected teams before uniting in Boston, but that wasn't very fun as their teams weren't making the playoffs or were getting knocked out in the first round. It was a lot more enjoyable sacrificing your stats in order to dominate in the playoffs. Wade and Lebron could team up and still average 25 points a game each. Maybe their individual stats would take a slight hit, but I think they are at the stage of their careers where they could really care less about stats. Everyone knows they can put up monster numbers. Now it's time to win some rings.

I don't think Wade and Lebron want to have any regrets in their careers. If they don't team up then they would always wonder in the back of their minds how many rings they could have gotten had they teamed up together.

indyaway
06-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Jordan is Alpha. Bird is Alpha. Kobe is Alpha. These players have two key things in common. One, none of them is or was afraid to do or say things that are unpopular, even on their own team. They have no need or desire to be loved either to feel good personally or to feed into public perception to help market and sell products. They simply want to win, period, and let that speak for who they are and sell their brand beyond basketball. Two, they all have rings, piles of them, that validate their approach.

Lebron is NOT Alpha. He's paid like he is. The expectation is that he is. But, he's not. He wants to be liked by people. He wants to be an entertainer. That's all well and good, and he might back into a championship, but he's never going to compile the rings like others at his talent level who were also Alpha. He's Dr. J. He's NOT Jordan/Bird/Kobe.

woowoo
06-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Jordan is Alpha. Bird is Alpha. Kobe is Alpha. These players have two key things in common. One, none of them is or was afraid to do or say things that are unpopular, even on their own team. They have no need or desire to be loved either to feel good personally or to feed into public perception to help market and sell products. They simply want to win, period, and let that speak for who they are and sell their brand beyond basketball. Two, they all have rings, piles of them, that validate their approach.

Lebron is NOT Alpha. He's paid like he is. The expectation is that he is. But, he's not. He wants to be liked by people. He wants to be an entertainer. That's all well and good, and he might back into a championship, but he's never going to compile the rings like others at his talent level who were also Alpha. He's Dr. J. He's NOT Jordan/Bird/Kobe.

I totally agree with this.... LeBron is a great player, but he is not in the same class as Jordon, Kobe, Bird, Magic..... yet.... He could change, but if he runs off to a "better" situation that tells me he is afraid/or doesn't like the pressure of being "the man"

The all time greats never ran from a challenge... Jordan was pushing 30 before he got his first ring, but he made it happen... 6 times!

Bron needs to be patient, and Cleveland will get the talent around him. But he would rather run off to Chicago or Miamai where he wont be the one shouldering the blame for failure. If he leaves for another team he will never be considered in the same company of Magic, Bird, and Jordan.

JMO

Sollozzo
06-28-2010, 02:17 PM

He has played 7 seasons. He is 25 years old. It's still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to put him in a historical context like that.

His Cavs lost to a SUPERIOR Celtic team. I don't think he should be raked over the coals for that. If he ever wins a title (which I think he will) that will be forgotten.

Let's not forget this guy single handedly took a team to the finals 3 years ago...

woowoo
06-28-2010, 02:25 PM
He has played 7 seasons. He is 25 years old. It's still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to put him in a historical context like that.

His Cavs lost to a SUPERIOR Celtic team. I don't think he should be raked over the coals for that. If he ever wins a title (which I think he will) that will be forgotten.

Let's not forget this guy single handedly took a team to the finals 3 years ago...

The Cavs led the league in wins 2 years in a row, and when Cleveland needed Bron to step up against Boston he disappeared in all but 1 game. Cleveland is "close" they are just a player or 2 away. If Bron stays in Cleveland and wins a title he is a "legend"... if he leaves for another team to play with "superior" talent then Bron is just another All Star looking for a ring.

I can't wait to see which path he chooses to follow...

indyaway
06-28-2010, 04:17 PM

The Cavs had a better record and home court advantage. Based on the regular season, nothing aside from Rondo's play indicated the Celtics had superiority over any serious contender. The Cavs, with home-court advantage and a dominant player like Lebron, should have been able to overcome a savvy but aging veteran team.

Furthermore, winning 1 championship won't erase everything. Look at Manning, if he retires with "only" 1 SB victory he'll continue to face criticism, and rightfully so, that while his talent might be among the greats, his overall resume is not due to lack of overwhelming success in the playoffs.

In Cleveland was in the Western Conf. and/or they didn't get swept this might mean a little more.

idioteque
06-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Peyton Manning

The difference is the NBA and the NFL appeal to increasingly different markets entirely. The market the NBA appeals to is not largely present in Indianapolis. I have always agreed with UB's assertion that Indianapolis is not really much of an NBA city.

And surely you know about the clauses in Lebron's endorsement deals that radically increase his intake in cash should he sign for a large market team.

hoosierguy
06-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Because its the Pacers, who are located in Indiana, where no superstar wants to live. And it's not even necessarily the city itself, no one can make endorsement money based in Indiana like they can based in a larger market.

I'd say Peyton Manning has done just fine supplementing his income with endorsements playing just a few blocks away.

Lebron made plenty of money in endorsements playing in Cleveland, which is no more attractive a city than Indianapolis.

woowoo
06-28-2010, 08:02 PM
The difference is the NBA and the NFL appeal to increasingly different markets entirely. The market the NBA appeals to is not largely present in Indianapolis. I have always agreed with UB's assertion that Indianapolis is not really much of an NBA city.

And surely you know about the clauses in Lebron's endorsement deals that radically increase his intake in cash should he sign for a large market team.

I do not doubt you.... but ..... link please.... ;)

pacerwaala
06-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Don't read anything into this! During these kind of times, teams use sports scribes to put out garbage that player X is leaning towards Team A, it is a done deal, etc. Nobody knows except the player and maybe his agent/inside circle. These are the dog days of summer with just MLB regular season going on. Websites and newspapers want to fill spaces and increase viewership. It is always "a league source, a western conference executive, etc" but no real name associated with these nuggets of info.

Occasionally this kind of innuendo becomes reality but it is just a coincidence.

"A long time pacers fan on a pacers message board, who declined to be named, opined that Lebron will stay in Cleveland." Its all over for the other teams courting Lebron.

thefeistyone
06-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Hmmmmm, only 1 ball to go around on that team. If only we could think of a team that has an abundance of role players...I'm sure we could work out a trade, we do have what they need....

Seriously though, that team would be pretty dominant. I think they would be able to coexist. It's not like Lebron doesn't know how to get the rest of the team involved.

BRushWithDeath
06-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Put LeBron on a team with Derrick Rose, Chris Bosh, Joakim Noah, and a lights out shooting 2 guard (J.J. Redick is an RFA I believe and would be a perfect addition if they could get him or someone similar) and I truly think he'll average a triple-double during a season. And win the title every season.

Ozwalt72
06-28-2010, 10:44 PM
I'd love to see this happen.

And then as the Lebrons are the number 1 seed, they get "Golden State'd" in the first round.

By the Pacers!

:buddies:

A guy can dream.

pwee31
06-28-2010, 10:48 PM
I would prefer Lebron and Bosh both go to Miami. That means they're not in the Central Division!

They would be a really tough team to beat, as I think Lebron would be just fine being a distributor.

It would be interesting to see what the Bulls, Knicks and other teams with cap space do after that

BRushWithDeath
06-28-2010, 10:53 PM
I would prefer Lebron and Bosh both go to Miami. That means they're not in the Central Division!

I don't understand what the difference it makes whether they're in the Central Division, the Atlantic Division, or the Southeast Division. Everybody gets so worked up about it and I just don't understand. Hell, if they're going to stay in the Eastern Conference I'd rather they stay in the Central so I can be guaranteed to see them in person twice a year.

Eleazar
06-29-2010, 12:23 AM
I really don't get all this hype for Bosh. Yes he is good, but he isn't that good. His teams have only had a winning record once, which was TJ Ford's only full season with the Raptors. For someone who is supposed to be one of the better PF's in the league that is pretty sad that in 7 years he can only muster one winning season, and he has had some nice talent around him.

CableKC
06-29-2010, 01:49 AM
I really don't get all this hype for Bosh. Yes he is good, but he isn't that good. His teams have only had a winning record once, which was TJ Ford's only full season with the Raptors. For someone who is supposed to be one of the better PF's in the league that is pretty sad that in 7 years he can only muster one winning season, and he has had some nice talent around him.

I think it's because he is the best Big man of the FA crop. IMHO he is better suited to being a "Robin" rather then a "Batman"....much like Gasol to Kobe.

d_c
06-29-2010, 02:35 AM
I think it's because he is the best Big man of the FA crop. IMHO he is better suited to being a "Robin" rather then a "Batman"....much like Gasol to Kobe.

Yep. People complained a long time about Gasol being an overpaid guy who can't carry a team anywhere. But then make him a #2 alongside a superstar, they win a championship and then all of a sudden people stop complaining about him.

Heck, they even open up a few threads on RealGM now calling him the best bigman in the league. LOL. I could have easily seen the same thing happen if you had subbed Bosh in for Gasol.

vapacersfan
06-29-2010, 02:39 AM

I forget where I read this, but this is a myth. Nike (nor any one company) do not have a clause saying he will get a bigger cut shold he go to a large market team.

d_c
06-29-2010, 02:49 AM
Check out the Miami Heat salary page. LOL. They're going all in.

Who wants to bet that if Pat Riley's master plan works, all of a sudden Erik Spoelstra has a press conference saying he needs to spend more time with his family?

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

wintermute
06-29-2010, 06:29 AM
Check out the Miami Heat salary page. LOL. They're going all in.

Who wants to bet that if Pat Riley's master plan works, all of a sudden Erik Spoelstra has a press conference saying he needs to spend more time with his family?

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

and that's not considering that james jones' deal is only partially guaranteed and will almost certainly be bought out. and hasbrouck is an end of the bench guy with an unguaranteed contract. it's rumored that the heat are willing to move beasley for no more than cap space. and lastly wade is opting out.

so it's conceivable that the heat are entering free agency with only mario chalmers on the roster. that's about as close to a clean slate as it gets, short of being an expansion team.

Kraut N Beer
06-29-2010, 07:09 AM
LeBron staying in Cleveland could be his best move, at least for the next couple of years. All of these Eastern Conference teams (NY, NJ, Miami, and Chicago) have moved out players to be able to sign marquee free agents, and if they strike out, the East would be that much easier to get through to get to the Finals.

Sollozzo
06-29-2010, 10:44 AM
LeBron staying in Cleveland could be his best move, at least for the next couple of years. All of these Eastern Conference teams (NY, NJ, Miami, and Chicago) have moved out players to be able to sign marquee free agents, and if they strike out, the East would be that much easier to get through to get to the Finals.

Those 4 teams weren't exactly in his way to begin with.

dohman
06-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Could you imagine roses assist numbers with bosh and lebron on his team!

Pacersalltheway10
06-29-2010, 04:25 PM
I don't understand what the difference it makes whether they're in the Central Division, the Atlantic Division, or the Southeast Division. Everybody gets so worked up about it and I just don't understand. Hell, if they're going to stay in the Eastern Conference I'd rather they stay in the Central so I can be guaranteed to see them in person twice a year.

Each division winner may be seeded no lower than 4th. With Lebron gone and the Bulls who might get nobody that good in free agency, this means the Pacers could contend for a Central division title and a seeding no lower than 4 in the playoffs. I'm not saying the Pacers will be contender right away but this would be good for the Pacers to get Lebron away from the central division.

Eleazar
06-29-2010, 04:29 PM

I agree, but the way people are talking about him you would think he is a top tier PF, when in reality he is a tier 2 PF.

idioteque
06-29-2010, 07:38 PM
I do not doubt you.... but ..... link please.... ;)

Actually it appears my previous assertion that Lebron has these endorsement deals that will increase if he moves to a place like NY or LA is a myth. I've read this all over the internet and had begun to accept this as a fact. However, it turns out this is likely not true. Thank you for leading me to research this matter more closely. I'm always happy to correct myself if what I first said is actually not true. :cool:

AesopRockOn
06-29-2010, 07:58 PM
In the last week we've seen a number of teams essentially give away valuable players in an attempt to clear more cap space to sign LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and/or Chris Bosh.

On Thursday, the Chicago Bulls agreed to trade Kirk Hinrich (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=Transactions-100624), the 17th pick in the draft and cash to the Washington Wizards to reduce to clear an extra $9.5 million off their books.

The Miami Heat traded away Daequan Cook and the 18th pick in the draft to Oklahoma City to clear an extra $3 million in room. Then, on Tuesday, the Heat bought out James Jones' contract, reducing his cap number from 4.65 million down to $1.5 million.

The New Jersey Nets responded on Tuesday by trading Yi Jianlian and cash to the Wizards (http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5340026) for Quinton Ross. The trade gives the Nets another $3 million in cap space to play with this summer.

The Nets and Bulls are trying to get enough cap space to lure two "max" free agents to their team this summer. The Heat are trying for the magic trifecta, three "max" free agents. Currently only the New York Knicks have enough space to bring in two max free agents.

The Heat, Bulls and Nets will have to clear even more cap space, however, to achieve their goals. LeBron James (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1966), Dwyane Wade (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1987) and others are projected to earn $16.6 million in first-year salaries. So a team would need $33.14 million under the cap to sign two max-contract free agents. The Heat would need a little more than $49 million to sign three max free agents. The Nets, Heat and Bulls are close, but they aren't there yet.

Here's the latest projection of what each team will have in salary cap space per a source in the NBA who is working off the NBA's projected data, included a $56.1 million cap. NBA teams won't know the actual cap figure until July 7th.

Note: The Heat's projected space assumes that they re-sign Dwyane Wade to a maximum contract

New York Knicks: $34.17 million
New Jersey Nets: $29.99 million
Chicago Bulls: $29.17 million
Miami Heat: $27.13 million
Los Angeles Clippers: $16.83 million
Sacramento Kings: $15.35 million
Minnesota Timberwolves: $13.44 million
Washington Wizards: $7.18 million
Oklahoma City Thunder: $6.13 million

Via Truehoop (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17304/cap-slashing-for-lebron).