PDA

View Full Version : Minor update on Tyler....

Peck
06-27-2010, 03:43 PM
While I was at the draft party I had an opprotunity to set down after the first round and have a conversation with a Pacers P.R. person.

He stated that not only has Tyler started some on court drills but he has also resumed full weight training again with no restrictions.

That's the good news.

Now the bad and by bad I mean potential bad not really bad and in some ways maybe even good.

The team is very much afraid that Tyler will over extend himself in the gym, apperantly when he was cleared he went after the weights with the ferocity of a lion and that he has been spending hours in the gym.

Now more good news.

The Pacers have actually sent a weight trainer and assistant coach (I don't know which one) to live with Tyler till the middle of Aug. when they expect him to return here.

Also he told me that Tyler has been doing contact drills on the court so that he can get a sense of where he is at balance wise.

Nothing earth shattering I know but hey we are about to enter the dog days of summer so it's at least something.

LoneGranger33
06-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks for sharing. Outside of the losing, the worst part of last season was not being able to see him play and learn the NBA game.

Bball
06-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Is he working on his 3 point shooting? :devil:

Brad8888
06-27-2010, 05:40 PM

That's the only way he will beat out TJ for the starting spot at the point, isn't it?

Dr. Awesome
06-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Why wouldn't they publicly announce this?

Justin Tyme
06-27-2010, 05:52 PM

No, they have McCarty working with McBob on shooting 3's to be the future stretch forward for Jimmy just in case Murphy gets traded.

Bball
06-27-2010, 05:59 PM
That's the only way he will beat out TJ for the starting spot at the point, isn't it?

How do you know O'Brien doesn't have his eyes on TJ for the starting center spot?

If that fails then I understand they will trying coming off the bench with TJ coming in for Murphy....

tadscout
06-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Great positive news:cool:

Yet people have to turn the thread into-
:3deadhors:2deadhors:3deadhors:2deadhors:3deadhors

:growup:

PacersPride
06-27-2010, 06:15 PM
No, they have McCarty working with McBob on shooting 3's to be the future stretch forward for Jimmy just in case Murphy gets traded.

stretch foward.. JOB's system sucks. i was hoping when murph was gone we might actually have someone in the post.. guess i got my hopes up for nothing.

damn i want JOB gone with his PF shooting threes approach. and he is ruining Granger,, letting him fire 3's like his reggie miller.

ive just had it with JOB.

thanks for the good news on Hans.

flox
06-27-2010, 06:36 PM

Amen brother.

Marlin
06-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Great news Peck, both from a health standpoint and from that "ferocity" angle. I love that Tyler is working his *** off to come back and doing everything possible.

Kid Minneapolis
06-27-2010, 07:23 PM
The team is very much afraid that Tyler will over extend himself in the gym, apperantly when he was cleared he went after the weights with the ferocity of a lion and that he has been spending hours in the gym.

I love hearing that.

Bball
06-27-2010, 07:45 PM

Anytime there's a prolonged discussion about the Pacers it's hard to ignore :3deadhors
So either we need a smiley that's a 600lb gorilla in the living room or I suggest we just use this one :3deadhors in replace of :3deadhors 's name.

BornReady
06-27-2010, 07:46 PM
what a warrior <3

woowoo
06-27-2010, 08:22 PM

Bird did in his press conference the other day..... he did not say anything about a coach staying with him tho...

clownskull
06-27-2010, 08:46 PM
well, this is at least encouraging. and i REALLY hope this continues to go well without any major setbacks. we have just had so many for years now that it seems like we never catch a break from more bad crap happening.
although i can't help but wonder if this post wasn't just so peck could pad his thank stats?. just kidding.

Anthem
06-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Can I be selfish for a minute?

Here's what I like best about this news: Tyler's a pure PF. Not a C, not a wing. The only position he plays is 4. Which means that for every minute he's on the floor, we're playing a relatively traditional lineup.

pizza guy
06-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Great news. I hope to see Psycho T on the floor with that same tenacity.

--pizza

pacers74
06-27-2010, 11:07 PM
The part about him being on the court to see where he is balance wise is what is concerning. I hope it is all over with and all of next year we will see what we got to see in the small glimpses that he was on the court this year.

IndyPacer
06-27-2010, 11:11 PM
stretch foward.. JOB's system sucks. i was hoping when murph was gone we might actually have someone in the post.. guess i got my hopes up for nothing.

damn i want JOB gone with his PF shooting threes approach. and he is ruining Granger,, letting him fire 3's like his reggie miller.

ive just had it with JOB.

thanks for the good news on Hans.

What is there left to do for PFs if they aren't gunning 3s and keeping a watchful eye on their opponents while they run right past them on defense? I guess since they would be free to spend some time in the paint they could maybe grab some offensive rebounds or something. That could give us a chance to win a few games. Nah, that would never work...

I guess Tyler's just going to have to suck it up and get well so we can put him at C and "go small." That's sure to work.

06-27-2010, 11:11 PM
If you read this post you should thank Peck. Who provided us information the The Star has failed to for months.

Naptown_Seth
06-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Can I be selfish for a minute?

Here's what I like best about this news: Tyler's a pure PF. Not a C, not a wing. The only position he plays is 4. Which means that for every minute he's on the floor, we're playing a relatively traditional lineup.
Yes, but what if he's the center so Danny can be the 4 so George can be the 3 so...wait for it....no, not Rush....so PG#2 can be the 2 so PG#1 can be the 1.

Sorry about the names, but honestly I have no idea what names to use for PG#1 or #2 right now.

For me it goes without saying that a kid with Hans' motor would be chomping at the bit to get into the gym. This is nothing. I'm assuming that with some seated or controlled lifting he's symptom free-ish.

I'd like to know he can run shuttle runs without feeling like a guy doing one of those spin around the baseball bat contests.

It has to suck for him because this isn't a pain thing or an endurance thing where you just man up and push through. It's one of the few ways you could really undermine his motor and drive. It's diabolical really.

Return to Glory
06-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the info.

Im glad he is working his *** off, just think how good we would be if everybody had his work ethic.

Unclebuck
06-28-2010, 09:13 AM
I want him to get healthy for many reasons but most of all I really think he can be a crowd favorite (he can help bring the casual and some former die-hards back) with his style of play and I also beolieve he can help this team win games

Drewtone
06-28-2010, 09:31 AM
If you read this post you should thank Peck. Who provided us information the The Star has failed to for months.

True, but that would be true for many of Peck's posts.

BTW, BBall, I love the use of :deadhorse3: in place of actually saying :deadhorse3: 's name.

BillS
06-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Funny how we call the Pacers' PR folks liars when this stuff comes out officially and call them incompetent when they don't release it officially or leak it.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't, really.

As far as the Star, what is really new about this that people won't whine about it being reporters swallowing the PR line?

Unclebuck
06-28-2010, 09:49 AM

Employers have to be very careful what health information is released to the public. have you ever hear of HIPAA

MaHa3000
06-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Apparently Bird is confident that Tyler will be good to go this season. He had a chance to addrees the PF spot in the draft.

90'sNBARocked
06-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Fantastic, Thanks for the update!!

If he is cleared, can do contract drills and weights, why no summer league?

Are they worried that he got hurt last year sometime after?

I dont understand

naptownmenace
06-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the info, Peck.

BTW, it's "sit" and not "set". Not trying to be snarky. I've just noticed it in a lot of your posts.

MagicRat
06-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Employers have to be very careful what health information is released to the public. have you ever hear of HIPAA

Was Peck's post HIPAA compliant?

Unclebuck
06-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the info, Peck.

BTW, it's "sit" and not "set". Not trying to be snarky. I've just noticed it in a lot of your posts.

yes set is only properly used to refer to an object. I set the glass of water on the table. Sit is what you want

McKeyFan
06-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Am I right to say that Hans's shins should be a lot less likely to flare up having sat most of last year?