PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Johnson has issue with Polian's post SB comments

Basketball Fan
06-26-2010, 08:20 PM
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/6/26/1538425/charlie-johnson-suggests-colts-o#comments

Staysniak: Offensive line caught some flak. I didnít see that the offensive line played that bad in the Super Bow, but-

Wolford (interrupting): Come on, Joe! You know how it is.

Staysniak: Well, I know. How do you deal with something like that? And what is it about this offensive line once they're kind of cornered like that, you come out swinging?

Johnson: Thatís just the way we approach things. If you look at our line, we're not a bunch of high round draft picks. We got a couple free agents. Everyone knows about Jeff Saturday, and myself being a sixth round pick. And Kyle DeVan a free agent. And I think Ryan Diem is a fourth round pick. We're a bunch of guys whoíve had to work to get where we are. So, anytime anything negative is said about us, we take it personally just in the fact that we know how hard we work and we feel like we go out there and we give everything we have for the team and for the game. So, were gonna bounce back.

SoupIsGood
06-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Maybe instead of "taking it personally," they could. . . learn how to run-block? :eek:

Day-V
06-26-2010, 10:52 PM
We rushed for almost 100 yards in the Super Bowl and I don't believe Peyton was sacked.

If anything he should be *****ing about the secondary not being able to cover anybody and Reggie Wayne (allegedly) quitting on his route.

Swish
06-26-2010, 11:16 PM
So basically he's saying that if Polian thinks the line isn't doing a good job, he should go out and draft their replacements? Brilliant, Charlie.

Gamble1
06-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Maybe he should open up a hole and not his mouth.

RWB
06-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Maybe he should open up a hole and not his mouth.

Polian or Johnson??? :D

Mr_Smith
06-28-2010, 01:13 PM
There weren't any "remember me hits" (quoting Saints Defensive Coordinator) from the saints D during the superbowl. They did a superb job protecting Peyton. All they need to do now is run block on a 3rd & 1 or a 3rd & 2 and they will be fine.

thewholefnshow31
06-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Polian just needs to learn to keep his mouth shut for once. The OL did a very good job in the Super Bowl. Manning was never sacked and they ran for over a 100 yards that game. Sure Manning got hit a few times, but a defense will get to your QB a few times in a game. Not a single offensive line is perfect. What more do they want them to do? Kept Manning clean and ran over a 100 yards in the game.

Why not bash Mathis considering the guy could not get any pressure without Freeney there? Why not bash the defensive coach for not adjusting to the three step drop that the Saints implemented in the game? Why not bash Reggie and Peyton for the interception?

I just find it annoying that after every big loss Polian has to find someone to whine about. Just regroup and keep your mouth shut like you want the players to do.

btowncolt
06-28-2010, 06:10 PM
At least Charlie's figured out how to block criticism.....

Basketball Fan
06-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Polian just needs to learn to keep his mouth shut for once. The OL did a very good job in the Super Bowl. Manning was never sacked and they ran for over a 100 yards that game. Sure Manning got hit a few times, but a defense will get to your QB a few times in a game. Not a single offensive line is perfect. What more do they want them to do? Kept Manning clean and ran over a 100 yards in the game.

Why not bash Mathis considering the guy could not get any pressure without Freeney there? Why not bash the defensive coach for not adjusting to the three step drop that the Saints implemented in the game? Why not bash Reggie and Peyton for the interception?

I just find it annoying that after every big loss Polian has to find someone to whine about. Just regroup and keep your mouth shut like you want the players to do.

Yep and don't forget Hank Baskett for botching the onside kick...

If we could just put a muzzle on Polian..

Swish
06-30-2010, 10:49 PM
You realize that your O-Line can be doing a **** poor job pass blocking and still not give up a sack, right? Manning is one of the best at avoiding the sack. NO was in the backfield more than Addai that night. Just because they didn't tackle Manning doesn't mean that they didn't harass him into quick throws.

Day-V
06-30-2010, 11:36 PM
You realize that your O-Line can be doing a **** poor job pass blocking and still not give up a sack, right? Manning is one of the best at avoiding the sack. NO was in the backfield more than Addai that night. Just because they didn't tackle Manning doesn't mean that they didn't harass him into quick throws.

Manning's had to deal with that pretty much his whole career. I still don't see the O-Line as a reason we lost that game. We ran for 100 yards, and kept Peyton from eating dirt.

Our defense not being able to cover anyone, nor put anything resembling pressure on Brees, coincidentally leading to long drives for touchdowns, is what lost us the game.

That, and Reggie Wayne quitting on his route.

"Allegedly."

thewholefnshow31
07-01-2010, 08:57 AM

Yes, I realize that your offensive line can play like crap and still not give up a sack. The way Polian threw them under the bus you would have thought they had given up seven sacks and were completely dominated. Our offensive line was not a reason why this team lost and Polian acted like they were. They did not have a great game, but by no means were they the reason they lost like Polian made it out to be.

The injury to Freeney, the injury to Powers, inability to get any pressure on Brees due to three step drop, and not having our corners play bump and run to disrupt the short routes were more to blame for our loss.