PDA

View Full Version : Foster's financial advice

McKeyFan
06-26-2010, 03:20 PM
I saw a really cool feature a while back where Foster and another NBA player (can't remember who) were conducting seminars for NBA players to give advice on how to handle all this new money coming their way.

It made a lot of sense, and it seemed like a great way to help young guys coming into the league. I was reminded of it when it was reported that Lance Stephenson chose to enter the draft because of a financial need to support his child.

I wonder if Foster's interest in helping players has had an effect on his own team. Does anyone know if he has helped certain players or if the Ps do a better or worse job of spending their money wisely?

Young
06-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Jeff has a degree in finance, correct?

Psyren
06-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Jeff has a degree in finance, correct?
That is correct

DGPR
06-26-2010, 07:09 PM
All I know is that when Jeff and his wife had their last child, Jeff sold his sports car and got a minivan. If that doesn't say financially sound I don't know what does.

Smoothdave1
06-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Foster has a degree in Applied Arts, not Finance, as he just graduated last summer after dropping out his senior season to focus on the draft.

As far as his financial advice or service, I hadn't heard of this. Let's hope he's better with his finances than Antoine Walker..........

joeyd
06-27-2010, 12:53 AM
I don't pretend to know the man inside out, but from the several brief conversations I've had with the man on different topics over the years, he seems like a man that has his priorities in order, is well-grounded, and has good common sense.

MLB007
06-27-2010, 04:30 PM
All I know is that when Jeff and his wife had their last child, Jeff sold his sports car and got a minivan. If that doesn't say financially sound I don't know what does.

He couldn't afford both?? :D

MLB007
06-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Pretty sure the league does these kinds of things now. I know they do in the NFL and MLB.

duke dynamite
06-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Last I remember, Jeff had a Chrysler 300. I wouldn't really call that much of a sports car, but oh well.

06-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Foster gets an extra stamp on the ol' man card for taking care of business and not acting like a little child. At the end of the day a car is the worse possible investment, that is to say, if you can even call a car an investment because it does not retain value. Jeff obviously wants to leave a fortune for his children and their children.

avoidingtheclowns
06-28-2010, 04:57 AM
That's good azz financin'.

Putnam
06-28-2010, 07:32 AM

Gee, I wish.

I sold my sports car and got a minivan in '96 when our third daughter was born. And I'm a long way from financially sound.

able
06-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Gee, I wish.

I sold my sports car and got a minivan in '96 when our third daughter was born. And I'm a long way from financially sound.

Is that not the "family winning" period? where you give up the pub, the sportscar and thoughts of roping in the hot blonde ?

McKeyFan
06-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Gee, I wish.

Why did I think you were, like, 60 years old?

You just give off that vibe, I suppose.

:D

the jaddler
06-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Gee, I wish.

But I don"t think you make a couple mil a year!?