PDA

View Full Version : David Lee

graphic-er
06-26-2010, 11:50 AM
I think the Pacers should target David Lee in a S/T this off season. After all these Max contract guys fall into place, I think the Knicks will be on the outside looking in. They will probably be able to get a guy like Joe Johnson or Carlos Boozer, but I just dont' see them getting Lebron, Wade, or Bosch. So whats a knicks team to do? Probably wait a year and sign Carmelo to a max deal. I don't think they are interested in giving Lee a real contract.
So how about we send them Murphy + somebody else for a Sign and Trade on David Lee? He would be a good fit next to Hibbert no?

Lee is like the Jilted hot bride on her wedding day. He was due to get 9-10 million and nobody took him so he signed a 1 year deal with the knicks again, he doesn't want to go back there.

billbradley
06-26-2010, 11:53 AM
i really like watching him play. i think he is extremely talented around the basket. that said, i wouldn't want him as my long term main PF. i feel his price is high with inflated stats.

Young
06-26-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't know I have a hard time seeing the Knicks doing a sign and trade with Lee and getting Murphy. If i'm the Knicks i'd rather just let Lee walk then pay Troy $10 million for a year.

graphic-er
06-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Cause they need to field a team.

Young
06-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Cause they need to field a team.

True but I think the Pacers would have to send a first or Rush or something. Murphy isn't going to make them a whole lot better then anyone they could sign in free agency.

odeez
06-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Lee is a stud, problem I have with him is his defense. Is he any better then Murphy playing D in the post? Sure he will get you a double double every night, but does this help translate into wins? He is going to want Murphy money as well if not more and I just see us being in the same position we were with Murph, IMO. I'll pass...

pacers74
06-26-2010, 12:08 PM
We would have to send too much back. They would want one of young core pieces back.

Hicks
06-26-2010, 12:11 PM
If it was one of our expirings for him, I'd certainly have to consider it. I like Lee.

Justin Tyme
06-26-2010, 12:19 PM
I think the Pacers should target David Lee in a S/T this off season. After all these Max contract guys fall into place, I think the Knicks will be on the outside looking in. They will probably be able to get a guy like Joe Johnson or Carlos Boozer, but I just dont' see them getting Lebron, Wade, or Bosch. So whats a knicks team to do? Probably wait a year and sign Carmelo to a max deal. I don't think they are interested in giving Lee a real contract.
So how about we send them Murphy + somebody else for a Sign and Trade on David Lee? He would be a good fit next to Hibbert no?

Lee is like the Jilted hot bride on her wedding day. He was due to get 9-10 million and nobody took him so he signed a 1 year deal with the knicks again, he doesn't want to go back there.

Didn't Melo just sign an extension a few days ago??

odeez
06-26-2010, 12:21 PM

I believe he is still considering Denvers offer...

imawhat
06-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Defensively, he's the 2007-2008 version of Troy Murphy, except shorter. Teams purposely attack him because of his size and lack of effort.

Justin Tyme
06-26-2010, 12:34 PM
If it was one of our expirings for him, I'd certainly have to consider it. I like Lee.

I agree, but Walsh has been working hard to get cap so he won't take back any salary. I'd love to get Lee. He can play both PF & C.

Hicks
06-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Defensively, he's the 2007-2008 version of Troy Murphy, except shorter. Teams purposely attack him because of his size and lack of effort.

Wow, that bad? I'd heard he wasn't good, but if that's true I may have to reconsider.

imawhat
06-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Yeah. I could probably dig up some footage from last year of Roy abusing him. He's not a terrble player but he reminds me a lot of Murphy. He looks pretty good from afar but starts to look bad as you get closer. They're completely different offensively. Lee has a very good midrange (Troy does too but that's really where Lee's consistent range ends) and he's also good without the ball and offensive rebounds.

Granville
06-26-2010, 12:58 PM

Speaking of Melo, why isn't he a free agent at the same time as James, Wade, and Bosh?

BornReady
06-26-2010, 01:00 PM
I don't think so, I think it was just because the Knicks forced him to play C and well...he's a bit small to play C.

woowoo
06-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Beware of the player with "big" numbers on a "bad" team....

just sayin...

I would pass...

dohman
06-26-2010, 01:35 PM
I look at lee and see a winning player on a bad team. He has the talent and plays the game the right way. I would love to have him as our pf

xBulletproof
06-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Averaged 5-4, 10-10 and 10-8.

Then they hired D'Antoni, and averaged 16-12 and 20-12.

I'll pass. Looks to be a product of inflated stats playing under D'Antoni. Not really interested in paying 10+ million dollars a year for a guy who could easly go back to 12-10 with bad defense. Different story than 12-10 with a guy who blocks shots and owns the paint.

No thanks.

graphic-er
06-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Yeah I never think of lack of effort when it comes to him, I just see him as the best player on a terrible knicks team.

dohman
06-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Averaged 5-4, 10-10 and 10-8.

Then they hired D'Antoni, and averaged 16-12 and 20-12.

I'll pass. Looks to be a product of inflated stats playing under D'Antoni. Not really interested in paying 10+ million dollars a year for a guy who could easly go back to 12-10 with bad defense. Different story than 12-10 with a guy who blocks shots and owns the paint.

No thanks.

20 and freakin 12! It amazes me that you guys can sit here and tell me that you wouldnt want a guy that can put in 20 a night and 12 rebounds. What he heck do you want from your power forward? Even if it was inflated stats he could come here and do 16 and 12? Heck is this system any different?

How many players had his averages last season. VERY FEW not to mention you never hear about his work ethic or attitude being a problem.

xBulletproof
06-26-2010, 07:43 PM
20 and freakin 12! It amazes me that you guys can sit here and tell me that you wouldnt want a guy that can put in 20 a night and 12 rebounds. What he heck do you want from your power forward? Even if it was inflated stats he could come here and do 16 and 12? Heck is this system any different?

How many players had his averages last season. VERY FEW not to mention you never hear about his work ethic or attitude being a problem.

So we'll get rid of Murphy and his contract, to replace him with another guy with inflated numbers and a severe inability to defend the post. Even comes equipped with the same bad contract.

So, according to this logic, you're a big Murphy fan, yes? He works hard and has no attitude problems. He has inflated numbers. Don't see the difference, except in 3 point shooting.

imawhat
06-26-2010, 08:40 PM
I like David Lee.

BlueNGold
06-26-2010, 09:44 PM
I would think Pacer fans, of all people, would be cautious about stats after what we've seen from the past three seasons.

The guy is a sieve on defense. He's undersized for a 4/5 and too slow to guard a 3. He gives up 25 a night on over 50% shooting. Why on earth would we want to give up 20% of our team's salary on a guy that likely gives you a net loss every night...especially when he doesn't solve any of our problems and especially when we already have two undersized power forwards that can at least contribute something on defense?

There is no team I look forward to Roy playing more than the Knicks, and the only reason is David Lee.

I agree with this. Lee is not interested in playing defense IMO...so I would pass. However, to his credit, Lee should not be guarding the C position...and compared to Murphy, I think Lee's offensive game is harder to stop. That combine with the fact Lee is marginally better than Troy on defense is why we could never trade them straight-up if talent was the only factor.

MillerTime
06-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Hes really bad defensively. And his stats are inflated because of D'Antoni's system

Mourning
06-27-2010, 04:59 AM
Lee is a stud, problem I have with him is his defense. Is he any better then Murphy playing D in the post? Sure he will get you a double double every night, but does this help translate into wins? He is going to want Murphy money as well if not more and I just see us being in the same position we were with Murph, IMO. I'll pass...

Pretty much this, though I view Lee as a bit better overall then Murphy, it's not that much of an upgrade, our interior defense will still be a shambles and he will likely demand a bigger contract then Murphy.

hans023
06-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Beware of the player with "big" numbers on a "bad" team....

just sayin...

I would pass...

Are you speaking of granger...

just sayin....