PDA

View Full Version : PG idea...IMO, i wouldnt mind seeing it

bambam
06-26-2010, 08:58 AM
PG Shaun Livingston

Ignore October-Febuary on the bench for OKC, then waived and signed (2)10 day contracts with Washinton. Then signed for remainder of season.

March... avg 22mins a game, 7pts, 4ast, 2reb
April....avg 37min in 8 games, 15.5pts, 6ast, 4reb

He made 344k, which I would guess prorated 2m, for around that price I am game. We will either be shedding contacts at trade or after season. I would be up for a 2yr/4m (2m per yr). Since we have had bud luck with trying to trade, its a shot. I say lightning in a bottle, possibly.

odeez
06-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Hmmmmmm, I don't think he is the long term solution, IMO. But I do think he is on the road back after all the knee troubles he has had. To be honest haven't seen him play since he left the Clips, so I don't know how well he would impact us outside what you sighted in your post.

IUfan4life
06-26-2010, 09:18 AM
that is an excellent idea. bring him in cheap and hope to strike lightning.

Anthem
06-26-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm game. Do it, Larry!

I'd trade TJ Ford for him, if that made sense capologically.

JB24
06-26-2010, 09:55 AM
He was kind of a sieve on defense from what i saw of him at the end of the season. Offense looked really good for a minimum guy though, and he'd give us the option of using a really big lineup (Liv, George, Danny, PF, Roy). But if adequate defense is what you're pining for out of the PG position...

D-BONE
06-26-2010, 10:05 AM
If we dumped TJ (somehow) and Watson both, could we manage bringing in Livingston and yet another point through trade if a decent one comes up? See who pans out, PGTBD, Livingston or Price over the next couple years.

vnzla81
06-26-2010, 10:10 AM
I rather get Steve Blake

jeffg-body
06-26-2010, 02:53 PM
I'd be game to giv Liv a shot if the price is right.

Really?
06-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Play with the athletes we have and grab one next year... Next year is projected to have better PG prospects.

bambam
06-26-2010, 03:32 PM
I rather get Steve Blake

Saw he was a FA also, and I was thinking blake as another option

Psyren
06-26-2010, 04:24 PM
I'd like the idea of Livingston, but I feel like Washington may give him another shot. Although that likely changed with the addition of Wall/Hinrich.

So, if he's available cheap, I'm all for it.

xBulletproof
06-26-2010, 04:27 PM
This would probably be the best bet for Livingston, honestly. An open competition and a chance to prove he's really recovered. Low risk for the Pacers if he signs for the minimum.

Good deal all around, I believe.

BornReady
06-26-2010, 04:31 PM
how about gunning for Mike Conley? He may be expendable now that they have Vasquez.

QuickRelease
06-26-2010, 04:31 PM
and he'd give us the option of using a really big lineup With Jim OB??? lol<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

woowoo
06-26-2010, 04:32 PM
PG Shaun Livingston

Ignore October-Febuary on the bench for OKC, then waived and signed (2)10 day contracts with Washinton. Then signed for remainder of season.

March... avg 22mins a game, 7pts, 4ast, 2reb
April....avg 37min in 8 games, 15.5pts, 6ast, 4reb

He made 344k, which I would guess prorated 2m, for around that price I am game. We will either be shedding contacts at trade or after season. I would be up for a 2yr/4m (2m per yr). Since we have had bud luck with trying to trade, its a shot. I say lightning in a bottle, possibly.

Very good Idea.... I like...

Justin Tyme
06-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Both Blake and Livingston are FA's. Livingston should be able to be gotten cheap. IMO, Blake in the 3.5-4 mil range

BornReady
06-26-2010, 04:44 PM
did anybody watch Wizards games this year? how did he look compared to before his injury?

joew8302
06-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Get used to these discussions until one is brought in. "Which unspectacular point guard would work here for cheap". It has been a decade since we have had a good, starting pg and discussions like this lead to more frustration.

Psyren
06-26-2010, 05:16 PM
did anybody watch Wizards games this year? how did he look compared to before his injury?
He didn't look fantastic, but compared to before the injury, much improved. Turned out to be one of the bright surprises for the Wiz, and I'd be perfectly open to taking him if he can be acquired at a cheap price.

bambam
06-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Felton is also a free agent, for some reason I would still would rather see Livingston for some reason

pacergod2
06-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Livingston was excellent actually. He always plays under control and makes smart, accurate passes. He is a smart player. His lateral movement is worse than before the injury, so his defense is worse. He is very long so he makes up for it with his length. He is a good basketball player, although the athleticism that had him taken fifth overall is no longer there, he is still athletic enough to be a starting caliber PG. He is a one of a huge group of PG's that would be a 15-30 starter or a very good backup.

I love his basketball IQ and would love to have him come in and compete on our team. He would be starting by the end of training camp IMO.

Wilbur Shooter Flatch
06-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Livingston would not be a bad get. There is really no proven PGs to speak of that will come cheap. I like Felton but cheap will not be in his contract. Probably take at least a 7 mill a year deal to start out.

Nate Robinson will come cheaper but he is more of a shooting guard IMO.

bambam
07-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Unless we are able to trade for sessions, then I want livingston. 2yr deal, 2nd year being team option. The kid can still play, and as of right now I will take him over TJ. Plus we don't know when Price will be 100% back to his game. Heck, we can release price and sign him.

IMO, in our current situation we are not going to land a stud PG before season. So why not see what he can do, plus give Lance time to battle for playing time. Then at trade deadline or offseason we land us a great PG.

BRING THE FRO TO NAPTOWN...lol
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:QuyrMs_DWgJ9HM::theassociation.blogs. com/the_association/2006/12/&t=1&usg=AFrqEzeKXO-MVxJ1L7hdbOT7D7467jeQ5A

count55
07-12-2010, 12:42 PM
You guys do realize that Shaun Livingston experiences a sudden, unexplained twinge of pain in his knee every time we talk about bringing him here.

bambam
07-12-2010, 01:14 PM
You guys do realize that Shaun Livingston experiences a sudden, unexplained twinge of pain in his knee every time we talk about bringing him here.

Probably same pain I get with my eyes watching our current roster, especially TJ!

thewholefnshow31
07-12-2010, 01:24 PM
I would not be against a 2 year deal with a team option. Let him start and have Stephenson the back up. If he is just average and Stephenson looks like he is coming along then dump him and give the ball to Stephenson. If Stephenson is still needing time pick the option up. Its not like we will be hurting next year for money anyways given the cap space we will have.

He has a very high basketball IQ and would run the offense well. Not more we can ask from a cheap veteran PG.

MillerTime
07-12-2010, 02:56 PM
I think we're going to get a one year rental until we decide what Stephenson can bring for us at PG

Pacers2012
07-12-2010, 03:51 PM
minnesota is interested in livingston. i don't think the pacers are. we have talked about this on alot of threads. i would like to see him in indy

Pacergeek
07-12-2010, 04:08 PM
this would be a bad signing for the Pacers. Livingston is like 25 years old now. He is who he is. At one time, many years ago, his career looked promising. You would have to consider Livingston a bust. Don't know why everyone here is so desperate that Livingston actually makes the message board. We should re-sign Earl Watson before considering signing an all out bust like Livingston.

Unclebuck
07-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Before the injury, I though Livingston was well on his way to becoming one of the best point guards in the NBA. Loved his size, loved his defense and he just knew how to play.

But he had a very significant and severe injury, so I doubt he'll ever reach the level he would have. I also question how long he can play.

I would be in favor of signing him though

pacergod2
07-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I am just saying that he is the best option avilable to us on a cheap one year deal with a chance to prove himself with playing time.

Ozwalt72
07-12-2010, 04:55 PM
We need a starter this year. "Livingston could be that guy!" Sure he could. He could also play 20 games this year and have to sit the rest due to knee soreness, for all we know. I'd be perfectly happy signing him if we had someone as "insurance" but we don't, not unless we are committed to playing TJ. Especially since we don't know how long Price will actually be out.

Justin Tyme
07-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I am just saying that he is the best option avilable to us on a cheap one year deal with a chance to prove himself with playing time.

I'm for it!! Problem is that b4 Bird can make up his mind another team will have signed Livingston. Bird seems to be as slow as Walsh in making a decision.

TooBigNdaPaint
07-12-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm for it!! Problem is that b4 Bird can make up his mind another team will have signed Livingston. Bird seems to be as slow as Walsh in making a decision.

Can't see the Pacers signing Shaun with his crazy injury history. If he came up lame within a month or two, we'd have two injured PGs on the roster and money tied up in an injured player. The local media HATE weenies like Kravitz would make a mountain out of a mole hill. LB won't risk whatever money we have left under the salary cap on a risky deal. AJ Price's patella injury is actually WORSE than Blake Griffin's patella injury (break vs bad sprain). I don't see him coming back until late November or early December. I can also see Lance and TJ holding down the fort as our PGs IF a major trade for a veteran PG can't get done right away. LB may not get anything done until the NBA's Feb 17, 2011 trade deadline.