PDA

View Full Version : Pacers announce preseason sked; show appreciation for Hicks

Kegboy
08-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Well, I mean, why else would they have their first game at Ball State? ;)

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preseason_sked_040804.html

Preseason Schedule Opens Oct. 11 in Muncie
Indiana Pacers News Release | Aug. 4, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Indiana Pacers announced Wednesday their 2004 National Basketball Association preseason schedule that includes four games in Conseco Fieldhouse and one game at Muncie, Ind.
The Muncie game opens the preseason schedule, Monday, Oct. 11, when the Pacers meet Washington in Ball State University’s Worthen Arena. Game time is 7:00 p.m. The Pacers then play at Memphis Oct. 16; return home to host Minnesota Oct. 19, in Conseco Fieldhouse for a 7:00 p.m. game and go on the road for games against Minnesota in Bismarck, N.D., Oct. 23, and Denver, Oct. 24.

The Pacers will wrap up the schedule with three games in the Fieldhouse: Memphis, Oct. 26 (7:00 p.m.); Chicago, Oct. 27 (7:00 p.m.) and Denver, Oct. 29 (7:00 p.m.).

The Pacers open the NBA regular season Nov. 3 at Cleveland and have their home opener Nov. 6 against the Bulls.

All preseason games will be carried on 1070 WIBC. The complete preseason schedule follows (all times Indianapolis time, EST).

Preseason Schedule
Monday, Oct. 11, vs. Washington, 7:00 p.m., Worthen Arena, Muncie, Ind.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, Oct. 16, at Memphis, 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 19, MINNESOTA, 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 23, vs. Minnesota, 7:00 p.m., Bismarck Civic Center, Bismarck, N.D.
Sunday, Oct. 24, at Denver, 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 26, MEMPHIS, 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 27, CHICAGO, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 29, DENVER, 7:00 p.m.

Games in Conseco Fieldhouse capitalized
All times local

Hicks
08-04-2004, 01:48 PM
That is SWEET!! I'm so going to that game.

ABADays
08-04-2004, 01:55 PM
I assume that game will be played in Men's Gym or whatever they call it now? :devil:

Outsider
08-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Hmmm.... I think they are doing this as a publicity stunt for when they are to announce the trade for Ball State Bonzi Wells!!!!!!

:devil:

:dancers:

fwpacerfan
08-04-2004, 02:23 PM
I think that is a great idea. I think they should play preseason games in Ft. Wayne, South Bend and Evansville as well. It would go a long way to generating interest from the ENTIRE state and not just metro Indy.

Kstat
08-04-2004, 02:25 PM
I hear Chauncey is going to be master of ceremonies:devil:

Ragnar
08-04-2004, 03:04 PM
I think that is a great idea. I think they should play preseason games in Ft. Wayne, South Bend and Evansville as well. It would go a long way to generating interest from the ENTIRE state and not just metro Indy.

The problem is that when they had that game up here a few years ago against the Celtics no one went. Of course it would have helped if they would have maybe told someone in Fort Wayne about it.

Unclebuck
08-04-2004, 03:04 PM
I am confused. Each team gets 4 home preseason games. if teams want to play them someplace other than their home arena they can. The Pacers can make a lot more money by having their 4 preseason games at Conseco.

Not sure how they are having a game at Ball state

ChicagoJ
08-04-2004, 03:33 PM
The way it reads, I think the Wizards are the home team for the game at Ball State.

Just like Utah used to be the home team when we'd play them in Evansville in the preseason.

Hicks
08-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Why would the Wizards be the home team in central Indiana?

I don't really care if they wear the white uniforms; we all know who the crowd will be rooting for.

Kstat
08-04-2004, 04:08 PM

Maybe they mistook it for a klan rally....:laugh:

Hicks
08-04-2004, 04:12 PM
Huh? :confused:

ChicagoJ
08-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Grand Wizard reference... I'm trying to ignore it. Disappointing, and very out of character for Kstat.

Unclebuck
08-04-2004, 05:24 PM
Wizards must be making some $$$ from having the game where it is.

Kegboy
08-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Wizards must be making some $$$ from having the game where it is.

Maybe they expect all the Jared Jeffries fans to show. :confused:

SycamoreKen
08-04-2004, 08:14 PM

The problem is that when they had that game up here a few years ago against the Celtics no one went. Of course it would have helped if they would have maybe told someone in Fort Wayne about it.

I was at that game. got some good pics of Bird, AD, and Reggie when I walked down behind the bench. Have they ever gone back to Terre Haute? I know they had a preseason game scheduled there during Bird's stint as coach, but I believe the lockout wiped it out.

J-Wont
08-04-2004, 08:38 PM

Or maybe they just wanted to get out of that repulsive, gross, filthy shithole Washington DC for a while?
You shoulD know a thing or thrEe abouT Repulsive, grOss, fIlThy shitholes Kstat ;)

Kstat
08-04-2004, 09:58 PM

Or maybe they just wanted to get out of that repulsive, gross, filthy shithole Washington DC for a while?
You shoulD know a thing or thrEe abouT Repulsive, grOss, fIlThy shitholes Kstat ;)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh:

Oh wait, you guys didnt seem to mind it when you were making fun of detroit's riots of 20 years ago, what were your exact words Jay, "suck it up and stop crying," or something to that affect? Oh now I remember your words Jay it was "sometimes the truth hurts." FUnny how quickly people forget what they said when the shoe is on the other foot....

Gee, such sensitive people.....:rolleyes:

JOneal7
08-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Indiana is not a racist state :)

naptownmenace
08-05-2004, 08:50 AM

Oh wait, you guys didnt seem to mind it when you were making fun of detroit's riots of 20 years ago, what were your exact words Jay, "suck it up and stop crying," or something to that affect? Oh now I remember your words Jay it was "sometimes the truth hurts." FUnny how quickly people forget what they said when the shoe is on the other foot....

I thought it was hilarious! :laugh:

hoopsforlife
08-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Indiana is not a racist state :)

Then what do you call the Indianapolis 500??? :laugh:

ChicagoJ
08-05-2004, 12:03 PM

I remember saying that - it wasn't my proudest moment but I was still pretty upset with the "wild, wild west" attitude of the drunk Pistons fans that invaded CFH, wanted to get in a fight with my wife, and cursed at me. I've calmed down since then, and I think I succeeded at taking the "high road" this time.

Grand Wizard reference... I'm trying to ignore it. Disappointing, and very out of character for Kstat.

The truth hurts, and I'm well aware that my hometown suburb allegedly was the home of a "Grand Wizard" when I was growing up. And the neighboring town is nicely named "Whiteland". :unimpressed:

Kstat, all I was trying to do was explain what was said to Hicks, so don't lump me in with the responses of others that were even more disappointing.