PDA

View Full Version : Who's going?

BornReady
06-25-2010, 04:07 AM
It's pretty clear we can't keep all 6 of our swingmen. Who do you think will go? Will it be Rush after his twitter tirade with Chalmers? I personally want to keep rush and trade Dahntay and Dunleavy, but I don't know if thats possible. Thoughts?

Day-V
06-25-2010, 04:08 AM
I think you get rid of Rush because he has the highest stock. You trade him since he is now expendable, throw in an expiring in Dunleavy, and maybe a future draft pick, and get someone like Tony Parker or Collinson.

If only it were that simple, right?

BoomBaby3105
06-25-2010, 05:33 AM
I think we trade Rush and Smurph to NO for Collison and Okafor.. Realgm Trade ID #5571659

indygeezer
06-25-2010, 07:01 AM
I think we keep em all because our inept front office lacks the ability to pull off a trade.

pizza guy
06-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Geez, we'll keep them all but not because of the FO, but because JOB will make a starting lineup that is only wings and still have a 6th man!

indygeezer
06-25-2010, 07:43 AM
and he'll get a contract extension for doing so.

pizza guy
06-25-2010, 07:52 AM
In JOB We Trust!

NapTonius Monk
06-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Will it be Rush after his twitter tirade with Chalmers?What'd he say?

31andonly
06-25-2010, 08:15 AM
I think we trade Rush and Smurph to NO for Collison and Okafor.. Realgm Trade ID #5571659

IMO this trade would be a no-brainer.

Collison, George (D.Jones), Granger, Okafor, Hibbert

This is a GOOD team (at least on paper).

The only question is, how much influence does JOB have when it comes to trades... :hmm:

Anthem
06-25-2010, 08:17 AM
What'd he say?
I don't see it. He just said he was watching the draft. Then after the P's picked George he told Chalmers "Somebody's getting shipped."

Hardly a tirade.

pianoman
06-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Rush and Dunleavy should be shipped out. Unfortunately if we do make a trade, It'll be Rush and Murph more than likely. I'd gladly send Rush and Murph to NO for Collison and Okafor. Heck, I'd even throw in a future first (top 6 protected) Bird needs to take his time and find the best deal out there. I applaud him for not taking the first trade on the table.. or the second, or third for that matter. You have to admit, a team of Collison/George/Granger/Okafor/Hibbert would easily become a playoff team if everyone stays healthy.

pizza guy
06-25-2010, 08:25 AM
IMO this trade would be a no-brainer.

Collison, George (D.Jones), Granger, Okafor, Hibbert

This is a GOOD team (at least on paper).

The only question is, how much influence does JOB have when it comes to trades... :hmm:

I'm with you on this. If this deal is still on the table, shoot, even if it's hit the floor but we could save it within the 5-second rule, I think you take it and say hello to the playoffs this year. Especially if you can keep Hibbert, it's a no brainer. Okafor's contract is ugly, but he is a good player and I think he would work well next to Hibs in the East.

--pizza

Mark
06-25-2010, 08:26 AM
What is B.Rush's twitter name out of curiousity?

ChristianDudley
06-25-2010, 08:33 AM
@KingOfKC25

Taterhead
06-25-2010, 09:13 AM
If George proves he's good enough to start at 2, then I think Rush could slide to SF and Stephenson could back up George.

Anyways, why is everyone assuming any of them are going to be traded just yet? Most teams go 3 deep at every position on their roster. So far ours looks pretty clear cut. We needed some depth on the wings and we got it. Now we can go out and sign a Chris Duhon or bring back Earl Watson barring a trade and look for a deal down the road once things have shaken themselves out. Our depth chart will look pretty solid on the wings going in to camp.

Rush Granger
Jones Dunleavy
Stephenson George

It is good to have vets like Jones and Dun to push these young kids for playing time. Rush hasn't earned anything yet, he's been incredibly inconsistent. So it will be nice to have a couple hungry youngsters to push him. Lets see how he reacts.

NapTonius Monk
06-25-2010, 09:29 AM
I think we keep em all because our inept front office lacks the ability to pull off a trade.
Maybe they proved otherwise by not biting on crappy trades that wouldn't really help the franchise. It's important to remember that we don't have to get everything done by draft night. We didn't waste any expirings on meh talent, and the offseason is really just now getting into swing. Add to that we just got potentially better at the 2, so I think we did ok.

My theory: We didn't get the hometown kid, but we took a 2-guard from California. Worked out well for us last time that happened! :happydanc

Kegboy
06-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Rush is gone, probably in the fabled point guard trade.

Either that, or he'll be our point guard.

Mr_Smith
06-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Rush is done and Mike Dunleavy is "Dun" LOL:laugh:

06-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Rush is gone. He will be trade sweetener. I think Stevenson made that abundantly clear. I will be shocked if Rush plays for the Pacers this season. On the other hand, I suppose that Jones could be in a similiar senario, though he does not have the value of Rush.

Dunleavy of course is not gone, but finished. Dunleavy will not be a Pacer in 2012, and a highly doubt a rehabilitated knee can out play the prospect of Paul George. Hopefully Dunleavy will become desireable tradebait because of his contract. Though I don't see that happening until more valuable expiring contracts like Murphy and Ford are gone. After all, why would you want Dunleavy when you could have a player who can contribute?

Bottom line: Rush, Ford, and Murphy are the dominos that fall first. They will bring a point guard to this roster. After that, we will see if Dunleavy can be moved. In the end, I hope we can keep Brandon. He seems like a perfect rotation player if Paul George hits his ceiling.

tadscout
06-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Maybe they proved otherwise by not biting on crappy trades that wouldn't really help the franchise. It's important to remember that we don't have to get everything done by draft night. We didn't waste any expirings on meh talent, and the offseason is really just now getting into swing. Add to that we just got potentially better at the 2, so I think we did ok.

:amen:

KnicksRGarbage
06-25-2010, 11:00 AM
I wish Rush would play as well as he runs his mouth on his Twitter.

SMosley21
06-25-2010, 11:09 AM
I wish Rush would play as well as he runs his mouth on his Twitter.

So what about "Somebody is being shipped" is considered running his mouth?

tadscout
06-25-2010, 11:20 AM

Not speaking for the person that you quoted... but calling the draft **** is what bothers me... like it bothered him he got some competition or something... (Like I've said in other threads it just may just be me.. his attitude is just wearing..)

Jackson-Shuffle
06-25-2010, 11:42 AM
If we package Rush and Ford or Dunleavy I dont know what else NO would want out of the deal, i mean we're offering them a way out of Okafors contract. I say pull the trigger.

Eleazar
06-25-2010, 11:43 AM
This makes Rush more expendable, but it doesn't mean he is being traded. I would still say it would be smarter to have him as the 6th man than trading him. If he is traded he better bring back a starter.

indygeezer
06-25-2010, 12:04 PM

My theory: We didn't get the hometown kid, but we took a 2-guard from California. Worked out well for us last time that happened! :happydanc

I sat there all evening KNOWING they couldn't pull it off. Bird had given away all of his leverage in his presser by stating what we needed and how we were going about getting it. Sorry but you don't go into negotiations expecting anything good to happen after having given up the leverage.

I hope you're right, I hope he can salvage this, but I've lost any confidence I had in this Front Office.

Jose Slaughter
06-25-2010, 12:33 PM

grand pa forgot his meds again :D

KnicksRGarbage
06-25-2010, 12:59 PM

I knew I should have clarified. I never do and it usually end up like this.

What I meant is that he seems like a cocky tool on his twitter. I wasn't necessarily referring to the someone being moved quote. Just looking at all of his tweets, he seems like he thinks he's tha boss.
Also, I met him last year at the 2009 Draft party and he was definitely a tool-ish jerk there too. the_jaddler can confirm that as well.
That's what I meant by that.
As far as the someone being shipped thing, I don't think anything about that. I dont view it as positive or negative.
That is unless he is the one who is moved. In which case it will be positive.

Magic P
06-25-2010, 01:42 PM
We have to get rid of non-scoring wing men. During the pacers heyday when we went to our bench there wasn't a huge fall off in terms of offensive production.

tadscout
06-25-2010, 02:02 PM
I knew I should have clarified. I never do and it usually end up like this.

What I meant is that he seems like a cocky tool on his twitter. I wasn't necessarily referring to the someone being moved quote. Just looking at all of his tweets, he seems like he thinks he's tha boss.
Also, I met him last year at the 2009 Draft party and he was definitely a tool-ish jerk there too. the_jaddler can confirm that as well.
That's what I meant by that.
As far as the someone being shipped thing, I don't think anything about that. I dont view it as positive or negative.
That is unless he is the one who is moved. In which case it will be positive.

Yeah I went to the season ticket party last year, and all the players would sign my basketball but him, he refused (he was throwing out a different excuse to anyone that asked him...). So yeah, he does seem to have somewhat of an ego/ attitude with him.

I mean, I almost ran over poor Travis Diener with my wheelchair and he still signed my basketball! :-p:laugh:

BornReady
06-25-2010, 02:05 PM
hmm I hate to turn on Rush, but is he really this type of person? I always thought he was a humble hard worker...lol

Jayday00
06-25-2010, 02:43 PM
I live in New York, so to see the Pacers I have to go to NETS games... I stayed after and Rush was lurking around the court.. so I yelled "HEY BRANDON" or something like that.. He looked up at me and gave me the SNOTTIEST look... Seriously.... After that, I've become a harsh critic.. I wanted him to be good, I had hope and confidence in him, then watching him last year... The kid aint ****.. He'll be lucky to average 13ppg in his career...

Send his *** out!

BillS
06-25-2010, 03:24 PM
We have to get rid of non-scoring wing men. During the pacers heyday when we went to our bench there wasn't a huge fall off in terms of offensive production.

Yeah, because they were all able to match Derrick McKey's torrid scoring pace...

KnicksRGarbage
06-25-2010, 03:24 PM
I rest my case.

Psyren
06-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Time to send Rush and his bags packing. Everything that I've heard about his attitude is terrible, we all know his play is terrible, and he becomes more expendable with George and Stephenson.

Indra
06-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I've really soured on Rush lately. He hasn't lived up to his potential yet, he's inconsistent (which reeks of effort issues), he shirks off his responsibilities to the fans, and he seems like a jerk. We don't need him if he's going to bring that type of attitude to the team.

Bring on the King George era!

Magic P
06-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah, because they were all able to match Derrick McKey's torrid scoring pace...

Wasn't he a starter until the 2000 season when Rose became the starter? It's not fair to look at just one season. Besides there are more positions than just SF. We always had one of the best benches in the NBA during the glory days, if you can call them that.

BillS
06-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Wasn't he a starter until the 2000 season when Rose became the starter? It's not fair to look at just one season. Besides there are more positions than just SF. We always had one of the best benches in the NBA during the glory days, if you can call them that.

Yes, but to say they were all offensively minded scorers is rewriting history.

They all had roles to play, and the fact that there was a good mix is what made the team better.

Magic P
06-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Yes, but to say they were all offensively minded scorers is rewriting history.

They all had roles to play, and the fact that there was a good mix is what made the team better.

Jackson-Best
Miller-Mullin/Rose
Mckey -Rose/Croshere
DD-Croshere
Smits-AD/Perkins

Of course we didn't have AD in 2000 but that's not a bad bench. And i don't think i said they were all offensively minded i said there wasn't a huge fall off in offensive production when the bench came in.

avoidingtheclowns
06-25-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't see it. He just said he was watching the draft. Then after the P's picked George he told Chalmers "Somebody's getting shipped."

Hardly a tirade.

I agree with your point, but for the sake of clarity, he was asked by Topcitykid5/Santiago Escobar (http://twitter.com/Topcitykid5/status/16973531079):

@KingOfKC25 (http://twitter.com/KingOfKC25) Mr Rush, how do you feel about the pick???
about 21 hours ago (http://twitter.com/Topcitykid5/status/16973531079) via Twitter for iPhone (http://twitter.com/) in reply to KingOfKC25 (http://twitter.com/KingOfKC25/status/16973230424)Brandon responded:

@Topcitykid5 (http://twitter.com/Topcitykid5) yea someone getting shipped out.
about 21 hours ago (http://twitter.com/KingOfKC25/status/16973621755) via Echofon (http://www.echofon.com/) in reply to Topcitykid5 (http://twitter.com/Topcitykid5/status/16973531079)

Kemo
06-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Let me ask you all this.............

If YOU were Rush , and YOU had to deal with Jim O'Brien , wouldn't you be a bit of an a$$ , and always in a bad mood like he seems to be ??..

I can't say I really blame him ....

If I had to play for JOB , I'd be at wits end .. lol

Indra
06-25-2010, 06:16 PM

If YOU were Rush , and YOU had to deal with Jim O'Brien , wouldn't you be a bit of an a$$ , and always in a bad mood like he seems to be ??..

Are you serious? That's an excuse to be an ***? I'm pretty sure everybody has worked for bad bosses, but you're still expected to act professionally and like you have an ounce of maturity. JOB isn't the ideal coach for this team, but don't try to pass the buck of Rush's behavior onto the coach. Each man is responsible for his own behavior.

Psyren
06-25-2010, 06:21 PM

I am as much against JOB as anybody here, but Rush is a Professional basketball player. It's time he acts like a professional. Regardless of having a bad coach, that gives you no excuse to run off and act like you're 12. If he can't be mature, it's time for him to hit the road. We already have his replacements.

KnicksRGarbage
06-25-2010, 06:45 PM
@Kemo
I saw Roy Hibbert with a huge crowd around him 3 ft away from me last night and he was smiling and posing for pics. And if anyone has been screwed and had to put up job it's def roy bloody hibbert.
Solo was doing the same. Mcbob was great on stage at least.
Last year rush was trying to hide up by the stands against the front row with no one around him. I'm pretty sure he didnt even look at me, maybe maybe a second of a glimpse. I just offered to shake his hand and move on. He acted like I was the biggest inconvenience ever and he was too cool for school. Not personable whatsoever.
So no sir, not a valid excuse.

NappyRootz
06-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Im no fan of Rush but I dont see him getting shipped. George is far from a finished product and will take some time to get in rotation.

Stephenson is even further away from contributing and probably wind sup in the D- League.

I think a trade with New Orleans makes a lot of sense but I wonder if they will part with Collison if they are really trading Paul.

I think they will probbaly trade Paul now because keeping him and trading Okafor and Collison would be a disaster.

At the very least I think a team like the Clippers may look at Dunleavy or teh Celtics at Murphy to free up $$$ to use our MLE on Foye or Felton. A trade with teh Wiz for Hinrich may work as well.

Sparhawk
06-25-2010, 07:49 PM
What about attempting to make a trade for Jerryd Bayless?

Honestly, Shaun Livingston would be the ideal guy to go after. If he's a free agent, we can just sign him. He was averaging 15ppt and 6assists down the stretch last year. He can't shoot the 3 though.

I'd like to sign Shaun and then make a trade to the Kings for Jason Thompson. They are light on SG, so Rush and Solo might be able to get that done.

pacers74
06-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Until last year, I thought Shaun Livingston was done. He seemed to revive himself somewhat last year. I would take a flyer on him, if he is on the cheap.

Justin Tyme
06-25-2010, 08:15 PM
What about attempting to make a trade for Jerryd Bayless?

Honestly, Shaun Livingston would be the ideal guy to go after. If he's a free agent, we can just sign him. He was averaging 15ppt and 6assists down the stretch last year. He can't shoot the 3 though.

I'd like to sign Shaun and then make a trade to the Kings for Jason Thompson. They are light on SG, so Rush and Solo might be able to get that done.

I started a thread on Livingston right b4 the last season game with the Wiz. I pointed out how well he had been playing X amount of games prior to the end of the season. Lets just say not many were interested in Shaun, and that is putting it politely.

With Wiz picking Wall as their future PG and Arenas back, I don't see the Wiz re-signing Livingston. I thought he was worth a chance then, and I'd still take a gamble on him now. It won't happen, but I like big PG. I'm tired of 6' and under PG's with score 1st mentalities.