PDA

View Full Version : Orlando and New Orleans in talks for a CP3 deal...looking for 3rd team

focused444
06-25-2010, 02:23 AM
Someone posted this in the huge draft day thread (merge if needed), but once I saw they were looking for 3rd team to take on Okafors contract I thought some speculation if the Pacers could get involved as the 3rd team was not to unrealistic. Obviously this would be a huge shake up pairing DH12 with CP3.

How much money would NO save by doing this?

http://www.clickorlando.com/magic/24029691/detail.html

Swish
06-25-2010, 02:24 AM
Why in the world would we want to take on Okefor's contract??

Peck
06-25-2010, 02:26 AM
Under no circumstance do I want to be part of anything that helps put Chris Paul on the same court as Dwight Howard.

focused444
06-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Why in the world would we want to take on Okefor's contract??

Gotta pay the price if we can get Collison, right? Maybe some draft picks as well for facilitating.

I was not advocating to do it by any means. Just speculation.

tadscout
06-25-2010, 02:29 AM
Gotta pay the price if we can get Collison, right? Maybe some draft picks as well for facilitating.

Why would N.O. trade Paul and Collison? :hmm:

tsm612
06-25-2010, 02:30 AM

If they're losing Chris Paul, they're keeping Collison.

Edit: Crap! tadscout beat me to it.

focused444
06-25-2010, 02:31 AM

Why are they about to trade CP3 for Jameer Nelson and VC????

Thats why in the OP I was wondering how much would NO save by this.

Swish
06-25-2010, 02:31 AM

Exactly.

tadscout
06-25-2010, 02:33 AM
Reading the comments with that link... sounds like that local sports reporter has a history of bad/false rumors FYI...

Day-V
06-25-2010, 02:33 AM

Paul said he wanted to be traded if the team wasn't committing to win. If he's being traded, then it means the team doesn't really want to win. So why not sell now while stocks are high?

imawhat
06-25-2010, 02:34 AM
I'll give them Granger, Ford, and Murphy for Paul and Okafor. If Paul is available and N.O. is looking for salary cap relief and talent, we're the team.

focused444
06-25-2010, 02:35 AM
Reading the comments with that link... sounds like that local sports reporter has a history of bad/false rumors FYI...

Thank you, I in no way endorse this report as 100% true, just sharing.

cdash
06-25-2010, 02:35 AM
Not buying this one for a minute. I think CP3 stays in New Orleans. I would be shocked to see him get traded.

tadscout
06-25-2010, 02:38 AM
Not buying this one for a minute. I think CP3 stays in New Orleans. I would be shocked to see him get traded.

Yeah I think after our draft and Rush's twitter episode tonight; a Murphy and Rush for Collison and Okafor deal becomes more likely...

Heisenberg
06-25-2010, 03:47 AM
and Rush's twitter episode tonight
Say what? Do I have another reason to hate Twitter?

BornReady
06-25-2010, 03:50 AM
Say what? Do I have another reason to hate Twitter?

http://twitter.com/KingOfKC25

check out his exchange with mario chalmers

Heisenberg
06-25-2010, 03:54 AM
http://twitter.com/KingOfKC25

check out his exchange with mario chalmers
Not as bad as I thought, assuming that's really Rush's Twitter. If it is, you can't take the heat, get out the kitchen Brandon. Not like you've ever shown me anything to think otherwise.

BornReady
06-25-2010, 03:59 AM
Not as bad as I thought, assuming that's really Rush's Twitter. If it is, you can't take the heat, get out the kitchen Brandon. Not like you've ever shown me anything to think otherwise.

yup. tho at the same time i feel like it'd be ideal to ship out dunleavy and dahntay. id still like to keep rush.

Heisenberg
06-25-2010, 04:03 AM
yup. tho at the same time i feel like it'd be ideal to ship out dunleavy and dahntay. id still like to keep rush.
Oh I would as well, not writing him off or anything. He could make a nice 3rd wing, but as the days wear on and the "potential" fades and the passivity remains he keeps becoming more and more replaceable. And I've always been a fairly big Rush fan, well, relatively.

Major Cold
06-25-2010, 06:50 AM
We are not waiting on Lance or Rush. All of these guys are able to be traded. No more entitlement in Indy anymore. Earn you keep or get the hell out.

OakMoses
06-25-2010, 07:53 AM
As far as stuff like Twitter goes, I'm nearly an old fuddy duddy. However, I see absolutely nothing wrong with anything currently on Rush's Twitter page.

Also, Chris Paul is not getting traded.

Also, outside of Paul and Dwight Howard, neither team has any other assets that could possibly persuade us to take Okafor's contract. Even if the offer was something ridiculous like 4 future unprotected first round picks (2 from each team), I don't think we'd even consider it.

Trader Joe
06-25-2010, 08:25 AM
I don't understand what the hell anyone sees on Rush's twitter page that is bad.

count55
06-25-2010, 08:46 AM
I don't understand what the hell anyone sees on Rush's twitter page that is bad.

I don't see anything wrong with it. I do, however, think it's interesting to see the reaction. I don't know that it means anything of any importance.

06-25-2010, 10:21 AM

Beacause Orlando will not keep Nelson.

tadscout
06-25-2010, 10:30 AM

Just him calling the draft **** rubbed me the wrong way... What, afraid of a little competition? For once in your life have confidence in yourself!

Again, could be nothing at all... but his attitude is wearing on me though...

tadscout
06-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Beacause Orlando will not keep Nelson.

Well this rumor apparently has no legs anyway... but Nelson has a history of injury so not sure if they would trade a quality back up in that case...

sheppie33
06-25-2010, 11:02 AM
had we even picked yet when rush made that comment? It was posted about 15 hours ago....Draft started at 7:30, we drafted #10 so it had to be posted before, I guess i could be wrong. The other comment about someone getting shipped out is very realistic.

Trader Joe
06-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Just him calling the draft **** rubbed me the wrong way... What, afraid of a little competition? For once in your life have confidence in yourself!

Again, could be nothing at all... but his attitude is wearing on me though...

LOL. welcome to how a what 23 year old talks? I've been with friends before and I'll be like you watching the game? And they will reply yeah I'm watching this ****. And it could be a good game or a bad game. Just the way swearing has become more acceptable in society. I really don't think Rush was commenting on the quality of the draft.

Your friends have never said something similar to you?

Magic P
06-25-2010, 02:00 PM
As a Magic fan i got to say i hope this happens but i know it won't. :(