PDA

View Full Version : Notes from Conseco???

imawhat
06-25-2010, 01:26 AM
I'm 2,000 miles away and anxious to hear about the draft party. For those who attended, what were your thoughts?

Day-V
06-25-2010, 01:27 AM
I was kind of disappointed to see that mostly everyone left after the 10th pick.

I also like how we were able to move down to the Locker Room Restaurant for the 2nd round.

DGPR
06-25-2010, 01:30 AM
I thought letting all the people without VIP passes come in at the same time was a giant cluster-****. We seriously had a couple thousand people all going up 1 set of stairs, down a narrow hallway, and stand in lines at the only 2 food stands available to us. Opening it up a half hour earlier would have been better IMO. Really made me feel like a 2nd class citizen tonight, but I enjoyed in nonetheless. Only other complaint was the acoustics made the TV noise sound god awful. I couldn't understand what the announcers were even saying.

joew8302
06-25-2010, 01:46 AM
I thought letting all the people without VIP passes come in at the same time was a giant cluster-****. We seriously had a couple thousand people all going up 1 set of stairs, down a narrow hallway, and stand in lines at the only 2 food stands available to us. Opening it up a half hour earlier would have been better IMO. Really made me feel like a 2nd class citizen tonight, but I enjoyed in nonetheless. Only other complaint was the acoustics made the TV noise sound god awful. I couldn't understand what the announcers were even saying.

I echo these sentiments. If they are going to continue to have draft parties like this I will not be attending. The sound was awful in the club level, it was extremely hot, everyone without VIP passes was crammed in a select group of seats and their were only two concession stands open with limited options. My mom literally waited a half hour just to get food that ended up being cold and soggy.

It was fun to be there and interact with fans, but sitting in the club seats was crowded, hot, hard to hear and uncomfortable. I would hardly blame anyone for leaving after Indiana picked.

Day-V
06-25-2010, 01:47 AM
I actually thought it was kinda chilly in the Fieldhouse tonight.

Smoothdave1
06-25-2010, 10:40 AM
I thought the Pacers did a horrible job of running the Draft Party last night in comparison to previous years.

The past few years, they would allow general admission fans to sit in the main level and VIP's on the floor where they were served food, etc. As has been pointed out, any fan with general admission was moved to the club level this year. Moreover, since the gates didn't open until 7pm, there were a few thousand fans crammed into the lobby, waiting on the stairs, etc. Once the gates opened, they forced all fans to take one escalator or set of stairs. The fans taking the escalator then had to walk down the stairs, which only created more problems.

Once you were on the club level, there were long lines just to walk all the way around to where you were allowed to sit. Not to mention the fact that there were long lines to get a t-shirt, etc.

Only two concession stands were open and one of the stands ran out of co2 at maybe 7:15pm, the drinks were flat and they were forced to use cans. I came back to buy something else to eat later and they didn't have any food items other than 2 or 3 items.

I spoke to several fans who also commented on how poorly run the event was. The 2008 and 2009 draft party's were run much more efficiently and better organized. If you're the Pacers and trying to sell season tickets or ticket packages, you may want to consider having a better planned and organized event next year.

DGPR
06-25-2010, 10:47 AM
The gates opened to let us in at 7, I didn't get to my seat until 7:40.

Unclebuck
06-25-2010, 10:51 AM
I didn't realize they didn't allow general seating in the lower section - I wodnered why it was so crowded in the club seat area. Someone messed up. That makes no sense.

Also don't understand why they don't allow everyone in at 6, open more concession stands - maybe they will sell more concessions that way.

I don't think I heard a word of ESPN's coverage the whole night

indygeezer
06-25-2010, 10:53 AM
I found everything flowing smoothly for me, but thought it was the smallest crowd I had seen in the last three years. I had no trouble walking up to the buffet line and walking right thru.

I will say, that's the last year I wear my suit.........I was dying of heat by the end.

The accoustics have always been a problem for me.

Pacers13Colts12
06-25-2010, 10:53 AM
It blew compared to last year

DGPR
06-25-2010, 10:56 AM
All I know is when Chris Denari asked the crowd if the Pacers knew how to throw a draft party or what? A lot of people in my section were saying or what, or something along those lines.

Smoothdave1
06-25-2010, 10:57 AM
The gates opened to let us in at 7, I didn't get to my seat until 7:40.

Wow! It was definitely packed in there and it felt like a cattle call the way they the fans through. I don't know what prompted the changes this year, but whoever made that call should re-evaluate their decision after last night.

If you're the Pacers, wouldn't you want your fans to be comfortable at an event when trying to sell season tickets and ticket packages? Who wants to wait for an hour to get a seat? I really have to wonder sometimes about the Pacers marketing and planning efforts, especially after last night's debacle.

Naptown_Seth
06-25-2010, 11:01 AM
I found everything flowing smoothly for me, but thought it was the smallest crowd I had seen in the last three years. I had no trouble walking up to the buffet line and walking right thru.

I will say, that's the last year I wear my suit.........I was dying of heat by the end.

The accoustics have always been a problem for me.
I didn't want to give you a hard time, but I wondered. ;)

I figured you were looking for the big homerun move and were dressed accordingly. :D

I didn't realize the GA Club level aspect either and if you are going to do that you need to put in tons of concessions. Maybe they were confused because it was the biggest crowd they've had since the last Cavs game. ;)

I also hated just how cleared out it got after the Pacers picked. Maybe as it became clear that no trade was coming, but instantly? People didn't even stay for the interview.

Overheard in the bathroom right after the pick "I can't believe the Pacers picked a bum like that. They should have taken Bledsoe".

So from a PR standpoint the night was :dance:

indygeezer
06-25-2010, 11:06 AM
I didn't want to give you a hard time, but I wondered. ;)

I figured you were looking for the big homerun move and were dressed accordingly. :D

I didn't realize the GA Club level aspect either and if you are going to do that you need to put in tons of concessions. Maybe they were confused because it was the biggest crowd they've had since the last Cavs game. ;)

I also hated just how cleared out it got after the Pacers picked. Maybe as it became clear that no trade was coming, but instantly? People didn't even stay for the interview.

Overheard in the bathroom right after the pick "I can't believe the Pacers picked a bum like that. They should have taken Bledsoe".

So from a PR standpoint the night was :dance:

Nah, I was there representing my boss. He's 65 but at 5'11 he's still got game. Still holds all of the scoring records for his alma mater. I figure the luck they're having getting a PG he might be of interest to TPTB soon.

Seriously, I came straight from work...Conseco is 1/2 way between my office and home.

Unclebuck
06-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Yeah I heard a few comments in the restroom about how the pacers always take a player no one has ever heard of. Of course that was not the case the past several seasons.

DGPR
06-25-2010, 11:11 AM
I heard a lot of people booh the pick, and quite a few people ask who the hell Paul George is. Hopefully in a year or two everybody knows just who the hell Paul George is.

SMosley21
06-25-2010, 11:15 AM
I actually thought it was kinda chilly in the Fieldhouse tonight.

The lady and thought so too. It was downright frigid down on the floor. I'd also like to give a big shoutout to Maker's Mark for providing a delicious drink menu. We had a blast.

joeyd
06-25-2010, 01:12 PM
I went with the hopes of finding others that might be interested in splitting season tickets. Unfortunately, the folks we met either already had season tickets or were not interested in going to more than a couple of games. So from that standpoint I was not successful. However, I enjoyed the festivities, and there were autograph opportunities on the floor at least, with Roy, Josh and Brandon walking around. Danny was supposed to be there but I did not see him.