PDA

View Full Version : Bird post draft press conference up on Pacers.com.

Will Galen
06-25-2010, 01:08 AM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/

Could have made some trades for players they thought would be backups. Thought the price was to much.

Danny; As for trading Danny that was just a rumor. Had nothing to do with that. Danny's one of the best players in the NBA and to get him it would take a lot to get him. Speaking of New Jersey he said they have a nice team but they don't have enough on that team to get Danny.

Lance; Really surprised he made it though the first round so when he got to 40 we took him.

Hayward; They were interested in Hayward, but didn't indicate they would have taken him at ten.

CableKC
06-25-2010, 01:13 AM
As for trading Danny that was just a rumor. Danny's one of the best players in the NBA and to get him it would take a great offer.
Interesting how quickly he cut off the question and said that it was just a rumor...then moved on.

graphic-er
06-25-2010, 01:16 AM
"They don't have enough on that team to get Danny Granger"

Thats right!

ESutt7
06-25-2010, 01:20 AM
I wonder if Danny got upset that his name was in rumors.

tadscout
06-25-2010, 01:23 AM
I wonder if Danny got upset that his name was in rumors.

I think Larry showed it's stupid to do soo... to me it sounds like that rumor may have been another smokescreen by Thorn... sounds like they didn't even discuss such a deal.

Bridge
06-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Why would Bird come out and say he tried to trade Danny? I don't know whether the rumor was true or not. The trade did not happen, so you say that to make sure there is peace in the Granger camp regardless of whether he was almost traded.

I wouldn't read anything into Bird's statements.

tadscout
06-25-2010, 01:32 AM
Why would Bird come out and say he tried to trade Danny? I don't know whether the rumor was true or not. The trade did not happen, so you say that to make sure there is peace in the Granger camp regardless of whether he was almost traded.

I wouldn't read anything into Bird's statements.

Well I'm just saying with the buttload of smokescreens Thorn was throwing out there the last couple days... I don't really read anything into any rumor with NJ either, they could be making up stuff to try to make their pieces look better...