PDA

View Full Version : Granger

sheppie33
06-25-2010, 12:46 AM
How will the trade talks affect Danny?

Even if we don't trade him, how do you think he will react to the trade talk? hold it against the organization?

This is the worst thing that could have happened tonight, hopefully this wont damage the relationship and Danny will be here this upcoming season. I guess time will tell.

Ozwalt72
06-25-2010, 12:46 AM
It's the NBA. A business. He better get over it.

sheppie33
06-25-2010, 12:47 AM
Then again, maybe we drafted his replacement.

Swish
Well him bailing on the draft party is not a good sign...

sheppie33
Yeah i understand that, Hopefully he does.

tadscout
06-25-2010, 12:49 AM
Bird says NO WAY was Granger on the block. He said NJ doesn't have have enough of their roster to pry DG from Indy.
about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

Via: M. Grady (http://twitter.com/mg_indy/status/16986244992)

Swish
06-25-2010, 12:52 AM
Well yeah he says that NOW. What else is he gonna say?

DGPR
06-25-2010, 12:53 AM
I thought NJ said no way to the deal first?

ESutt7
06-25-2010, 12:55 AM
I thought DG liked PG. I don't see him being upset.

tadscout
06-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Well yeah he says that NOW. What else is he gonna say?

How many smokescreens did Thorn put up the last couple days? What can you really believe with all the spin coming out of N.J. last couple days...

tadscout
06-25-2010, 12:57 AM
I thought NJ said no way to the deal first?

If I remember the reports of the talks got to point were both teams were luke warm... didn't get to the point of either team saying yes or no...

Swish
06-25-2010, 12:58 AM
How many smokescreens did Thorn put up the last couple days? What can you really believe with all the spin coming out of N.J. last couple days...

True, but I'm saying that if LB really did have talks about dealing Danny, it's not like he's going to admit to it.

graphic-er
06-25-2010, 01:09 AM
You do have to wonder what made Danny skip out on the Draft Party.

Trophy
06-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Maybe he couldn't make it. :shrug:

I wouldn't think much of it. He's a very understanding guy and knows he means a great deal to this team.

BornReady
06-25-2010, 03:23 AM
is there any concrete evidence at all that would suggest us trading Granger aside from him not attending the draft party? do we have any evidence besides word of mouth about these texts?

Day-V
06-25-2010, 03:24 AM
is there any concrete evidence at all that would suggest us trading Granger aside from him not attending the draft party? do we have any evidence besides word of mouth about these texts?

Larry said in his interview that it'd pretty much take us getting another superstar player back in order to trade Granger.

d_c
06-25-2010, 03:25 AM
There are better players in the league who have gotten mentioned in trade talk and who don't seem to complain about it. I'll assume Granger is professional enough to follow suit.

odeez
06-25-2010, 03:32 AM
DG will be fine, I am sure he is loving the George pick, since they workout together and George looks up to him. I look forward to seeing them play together. I don't know why he wasn't at the party, I am sure someone will ask him why he wasn't there soon enough.

BornReady
06-25-2010, 03:42 AM
whew :D superwin! i was terrified of losing granger lol

Will Galen
06-25-2010, 04:29 AM
My opinion, for what it's worth, is Granger skipped out for some reason. He heard from his own sources he might be traded? Hurt feelings?

And, if Bird was thinking about trading Granger he probably wanted Harris and Favors for him, and we keep the 10th pick which he would use on Hayward or George.

And it could have just been a rumor like he said.

Frostwolf
06-25-2010, 05:40 AM
he missed the draft party. it's not like he's our friend or anything - he's a busy guy. I'm sure sth came up.

tsm612
06-25-2010, 10:54 AM
The Granger to NJ rumors surfaced pretty last minute before the draft. Maybe he heard the rumors through the media and decided not to attend because of the awkwardness with players potentially being traded while at the draft party. I'm waiting to hear something from him now, at the very least a 'congrats Paul George' tweet or something, but I'm sure he's still on the phone with his agent trying to figure out what the heck just happened.

Personally, I don't think this was an actual trade idea between the two teams, either originating from the media or on NJ's end.

tadscout
06-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Personally, I don't think this was an actual trade idea between the two teams, either originating from the media or on NJ's end.

I'm thinking this...

Oh btw... Granger hasn't tweeted since May, so maybe he's just working hard in the off season to improve and prepare for team USA as well?

Smoothdave1
06-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Rather odd that Granger skipped out on the event at the last minute. The Pacers made a big deal out of the fact that he would be attending via sending emails, noting on Pacers.com, etc. yet it was the McRoberts/Roy/Rush show last night.

Even though Bird denies it, I think that his name was brought up in trade talks yesterday and either Bird or Granger made the call for him to not appear as it would have been a little awkward had he been traded.

By the way, wasn't Solo also supposed to be there? Where was he?

tadscout
06-25-2010, 11:06 AM

He started to make his way and like normal a guard pushed him off course/ out of position? :-p:D

Will Galen
06-25-2010, 03:50 PM

It strikes me that Indy was calling all the teams looking for a point guard. If they called and asked what it would take to get Harris, Thorn probably answered, Granger. Thus the rumor.

BornReady
06-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Rather odd that Granger skipped out on the event at the last minute. The Pacers made a big deal out of the fact that he would be attending via sending emails, noting on Pacers.com, etc. yet it was the McRoberts/Roy/Rush show last night.

Even though Bird denies it, I think that his name was brought up in trade talks yesterday and either Bird or Granger made the call for him to not appear as it would have been a little awkward had he been traded.

im fairly convinced granger will stay in indy. it looks like he already has great chemistry with george and could be a very helpful mentor to our newest draft pick :D

Trader Joe
06-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Granger's always been really into the draft parties IIRC. Wasn't it a couple years ago he played guitar hero with some kid at a draft party? I mentioned this in another thread.

I am mildly concerned that Danny skipped out, especially because there was no explanation given.

Danny should be professional, but what if he found out about the trade rumors from someone other than the Pacers? That could certainly impact how he took the news.

Maybe the deal seemed imminent and he was told he might want to stay home? I don't know seems strange. Wonder if we could find out if the Nets had a draft party and if they had players present, including Devin Harris?

Smoothdave1
06-26-2010, 11:14 AM
A couple things make me wonder if Danny is indeed on the block:

1. He doesn't show up at the draft event, when he was heavily advertised as being there. Danny is a responsible person and doesn't seem like he would back out unless it were an emergency or something else came up.

2. Danny recently put his Indy house on the market. Granted, that doesn't mean he is leaving, but it makes you wonder. Perhaps he's moving or upgrading, but his current house (the same one featured on cribs) has a good 8500+ square feet and is extremely nice, per the MLS listing.

3. The rumors that we were looking at dealing him to the Nets. Yes, Bird and Granger's agent came out and refuted those, but I have to wonder if there was some talk that he could have been dealt.

4. The fact that we drafted George, who could play the 3. I know George has said he can play the 2, but I think Bird is still hesitant to give up on Rush.

Given our need for both a point and maybe a long-term 4, I think Bird and Morway would consider dealing Danny if the right deal came along. I mean, if the Hornets called offering Chris Paul for a package centered around Granger, wouldn't you listen?

graphic-er
06-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Sending him to NO would be the only Senario where I would be happy, cause he'd be going home.

As far as his home being on the Market, the Bat cave is nearly complete isnt' it? So Imagine thats going to be his primary residence and he's gonna by a condo downtown or something. Also that house is nice, but damn if it isn't 20 feet from his neighbors house, that isn't something that suits and NBA star is it?