PDA

View Full Version : What Team

MyFavMartin
06-25-2010, 12:41 AM
had the best and worst draft?

Best: Detroit... the team I hate gets fortunate that Monroe gets to them... a guy that I now have to unlearn to like and get around to despising.... and Terrico White, a quality player in the 2nd.

Worst: I'm thinking the Knicks who went and got two guys that weren't mocked while plenty of talent was on the board in the early 2nd round.

d_c
06-25-2010, 03:16 AM
I'm afraid my Warriors had the worst pick of the 1st round. We basically took Taj Gibson with the 6th pick in the draft. I mean, I like Taj Gibson and all, but not with the 6th pick in the draft, LOL.

I predict Monroe, George, and Henry will be better players. Bad pick.

Day-V
06-25-2010, 03:20 AM
I say Sacramento.

Now, you'll ask, "For Best or Worst Draft?"

Get back to me next year. It all hinges on Cousins maturity. It's up to him whether he wants to grow up and start acting like a big boy. Does he want to be Tim Duncan or Kwame Brown?

d_c
06-25-2010, 03:22 AM
I say Sacramento.

Get back to me next year. It all hinges on Cousins maturity. It's up to him whether he wants to grow up and start acting like a big boy. Does he want to be Tim Duncan or Kwame Brown?

I think it's worth the risk. I wouldn't take Cousins in the Top 3. No way. But it was a big drop off in talent after the #5 pick and I think Sacramento did the right thing. You gotta draft talent. Playing it safe really didn't have much of a payoff in that situation so I think they made the right gamble.

FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy was on meds. Yeah, he would scare me if I'm a GM but I still think Sac did the right thing. It's a calculated risk, but the right one to make given the situation.

quinnthology
06-25-2010, 03:25 AM
Cousins is way too talented to be Kwame Brown. What you had with Brown is a kid coming out from high school who everyone thought would be great because of the way he annihilated high school kids. Cousins averaged a rebound every 2 minutes in SEC play. At his worst, Cousins is exponentially better than Kwame. At his best, maybe Zach Randolph.

odeez
06-25-2010, 03:26 AM
I'm afraid my Warriors had the worst pick of the 1st round. We basically took Taj Gibson with the 6th pick in the draft. I mean, I like Taj Gibson and all, but not with the 6th pick in the draft, LOL.

I think Udoh will be great for the Warriors, he at least fits into what they do and what they need to do better, which is to defend the paint. I think he is going to be a great fit, I can't wait to go to Oracle and watch him. I wish the Pacers could of got him, but I like the George pick now, very happy with it.

Day-V
06-25-2010, 03:27 AM
Cousins is way too talented to be Kwame Brown. What you had with Brown is a kid coming out from high school who everyone thought would be great because of the way he annihilated high school kids. Cousins averaged a rebound every 2 minutes in SEC play. At his worst, Cousins is exponentially better than Kwame. At his best, maybe Zach Randolph.

Talent goes to waste if you don't know how to use it properly.

d_c
06-25-2010, 03:33 AM
I think Udoh will be great for the Warriors, he at least fits into what they do and what they need to do better, which is to defend the paint. I think he is going to be a great fit, I can't wait to go to Oracle and watch him. I wish the Pacers could of got him, but I like the George pick now, very happy with it.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem with Udoh himself as a player. I just think #6 is too high and there were better players available. I realize he does fit some needs, but this is the NBA and not the NFL. You draft players and talent ahead of needs and position.

The guy is already 23 and still raw in a lot of areas. That's not a great selling point. I look at him and I really don't know if he's ever going to be a double digit scorer in this league.

Now does he bring strengths to the table? Sure. He can block shots and run the floor. He's got a good motor and seems like a solid person. He looks like he'll do the dirty work. But I prefer to draft players like that much later in the draft. I wouldn't have drafted him any sooner than #10 (where the Pacers were picking incidentally).

I think in the end, the Warriors were concerned about Greg Monroe's lack of athleticism and how that he could potentially be really, really bad on the defensive end. He's not that big for a center and he'd be very slow for a PF. And the fact that he couldn't distance himself as that much of a better player against Omar Samhan in a head to head matchup is kind of troubling.

But even with all those factors, I would've still taken Monroe over Udoh. I think he'll be a better overall player and make a bigger impact. Hope I'm wrong.

tadscout
06-25-2010, 03:43 AM
I say Sacramento.

Putting Evans, Cousins and Whiteside all together seems quite dangerous!

Maybe they should be the first team to emply Nanny's w/ so manny low maturity players :-p

Justin Tyme
06-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Worst: I'm thinking the Knicks who went and got two guys that weren't mocked while plenty of talent was on the board in the early 2nd round.

I have to agree.

It was a no brainer for them to have drafted Stephenson. If Stephenson has as much talent as everyone keeps saying, then it's their loss and bad drafting.

Justin Tyme
06-25-2010, 08:45 AM

You want to trade Udoh for Stephenson, Magnum, and I'll even throw in your choice of Lorbek/Stanko? Maybe both. I'll even up the ante with future considerations of next years 2nd rounder.

d_c
06-25-2010, 12:24 PM
You want to trade Udoh for Stephenson, Magnum, and I'll even throw in your choice of Lorbek/Stanko? Maybe both. I'll even up the ante with future considerations of next years 2nd rounder.

LOL. No. I don't hate Udoh or think he's terrible or anything. He was just picked too high. Would've preferred to draft a guy like him in the mid-late teens, but I never said he's 2nd round fodder, LOL.