06-25-2010, 12:30 AM
As of now, the Pacer's roster looks like this:

PG - Ford, Price
SG - Rush, Stephenson, Jones
SF - Granger, George, Dunleavy
PF - Murphy, Hansbrough, McRoberts, The Magnum
C - Hibbert, Foster, Solo

2 Points, 6 Wings, 7 bigs

We'd be as thin as can be at point. Ford isn't the most consistently healthy guy ever to wear a Pacer uniform, and unfortunately neither is Price. An ideal move would be to deal a wing or a big for a point. If the right deal came along, something big could happen.

If the right deal doesn't come along, and we enter the 2011 offseason with the same roster...

PG - Price
SG - Rush, Stephenson, Jones
SF - Granger, George
PF - Hansbrough, McRoberts, The Magnum
C - Hibbert

With a ton of cap space and another solid draft pick, we would be in position for some serious improvement. In this situation we should be able to forget about the wing and focus on two things: Point Guard and a starting big (assuming our PFs don't show anything beyond what we expect and Hibbert improves).

If Stephenson and Magnum aren't complete duds, we would be sitting pretty for some serious improvement.

Edit: As a disclaimer: just some rambling

ChristianDudley
06-25-2010, 12:36 AM
I am assuming that Ryan Reid won't make it to our final roster, especially with studs like Stephenson and Rolle along for the ride. I think Morway had the bigger voice in the draftings as Bird probably wouldn't go for Reid, Stephenson, etc. imo lol.

Ozwalt72
06-25-2010, 12:41 AM
I am assuming that Ryan Reid won't make it to our final roster, especially with studs like Stephenson and Rolle along for the ride. I think Morway had the bigger voice in the draftings as Bird probably wouldn't go for Reid, Stephenson, etc. imo lol.

First off, I don't think that we can say Morway had a bigger voice in drafting. Bird had focused on so called Milk Drinkers but you see what that has done for us. I think he felt comfortable with the character on the team as is and decided he could take a risk on what he views as a potential high reward guy with Stephenson.

Second, Ryan Reid was traded with cash for Rolle. I'm betting the cash amount is right around the salary difference between the 57th and 51st picks. Maybe a bit more. (dont have the scale at hand to see what they'd be paid)