PDA

View Full Version : LAtest Damp rumor

indygeezer
08-03-2004, 11:00 PM
Damp as in all wet.

Someone on ESPN board said the latest rumor is:

Damp + Clif Roberson+ Pick for Bender + Cro.

Hey, I just report em, I don't explain or endorse em (unlike political commentators).

Hicks
08-03-2004, 11:03 PM
I think it's fake, but if for some reason it's true....

I dunno.

I hate giving up Bender's potential for two short term players. But player-wise that's cheap for Damp/Cliff.

:shrug:

Snickers
08-03-2004, 11:05 PM
:shudder:

indygeezer
08-03-2004, 11:06 PM
It gives us a starting FC of JO-Damp-RA...but who would come off the bench for the 4 slot...or even the 3 for that matter???

Hicks
08-03-2004, 11:08 PM
I didn't see anything on ESPN, but I saw this on a Warriors board:

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/697837.phtml

Lord Helmet
08-03-2004, 11:08 PM
It gives us a starting FC of JO-Damp-RA...but who would come off the bench for the 4 slot...or even the 3 for that matter???
:confused: I dunno.

Lord Helmet
08-03-2004, 11:12 PM
I didn't see anything on ESPN, but I saw this on a Warriors board:

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/697837.phtml
Someone said they would do Damp,J-Rich for Reg and Bender.:laugh:

Ultimate Frisbee
08-03-2004, 11:27 PM
:confused: I dunno.

I'm just guessing, but:

PG: Tinsley (28 min/game), Johnson(18 min/game), Gill (2 min/game)
SG: Reggie (20 min/game), Freddy (15 min/game), Jackson (13 min/game at SG)
SF: Artest (35 min/game), Jackson (11 min/game at SF), James Jones (2 min/game)
PF: JO (35 min/game), Clif Robinson (13 min/game)
C: Dampier (29 min/game), Foster (17 min/game), Pollard (1 min/game), Harrison (1 min/game)

I really don't see any problems... Foster can play the 4 if needed, but Clifford Robinson of the bench is pretty damn good. Jackson can serve as Artest's backup...

I really like this trade for us... We'd almost certainly get a lottery pick from GS, which could help us make up for the loss of Bender, and we get some experience to help our team in the short term.

Lord Helmet
08-03-2004, 11:30 PM
If this trade is real I would hope Bender doesn't breakout after we trade him.But I do like this trade.

Ultimate Frisbee
08-03-2004, 11:37 PM
If this trade is real I would hope Bender doesn't breakout after we trade him.But I do like this trade.

I kinda hope he does breakout..... and we win the championship...:fingerscrossed: the best of both worlds!!

Aw Heck
08-03-2004, 11:43 PM
I'd definitely do it.

Dampier/Foster/Pollard
O'Neal/Robinson
Artest/Jackson/J. Jones
Miller/F. Jones
Tinsley/Johnson/Gill

We get a center, a pretty good post defender in Cliff, and a draft pick.

We lose Austin's contract and Bender. At worst though, if Bender turns out to be a superstar, he'll be in the West and on a lottery team.

If Donnie/Larry are proposed this trade, I hope they do it.

Aw Heck
08-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Double post.

Lord Helmet
08-03-2004, 11:47 PM
I guess your right if JB does turnout to be a superstar he will be in the West.

SoupIsGood
08-03-2004, 11:58 PM
I would only give up up bender if that pick was unprotected, or had to be in the lottery for us to have it. (can you do that?) We would then have a shot a Greg Oden to replace Dampier! :dance:

However, I really don't want to give up Bender. That'd be a tough choice if that trade we're presented to me, and I'll trust Donnie to make the right call. :p

Heh, I thought the capital LA in LAtest meant Damp was going to LA. Lol that had me scared.

Lord Helmet
08-04-2004, 12:06 AM
Does this trade have any significant truth to it other than being another rumor?

Ultimate Frisbee
08-04-2004, 12:15 AM
Does this trade have any significant truth to it other than being another rumor?

Probably not.

Lord Helmet
08-04-2004, 12:22 AM

Probably not.
Thats what I thought.Hey at least it's something to talk about during the boring off-season.

kerosene
08-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Free-agent center Erick Dampier will fly to New York tomorrow to meet with the Knicks in hopes of finalizing a sign-and-trade deal with the Warriors or, barring Golden State's cooperation, agreeing to a one-year contract for the mid-level exception of $4.9 million.

The Atlanta Hawks, the only other legitimate suitors for Dampier, have the salary-cap room to offer considerably more than that, but have yet to do so.

Erick Dampier
Dampier, right, would like to go to the Big Apple one way or the other.

Dampier's agent, Dan Fegan, said the Hawks have become more attractive to his client with the acquisition of Al Harrington from the Pacers and a pending deal with Dallas that would bring in power forward Antoine Walker. However, Fegan added, the only team Dampier would consider signing with for the mid-level exception is the Knicks because of team president Isiah Thomas' diligent pursuit of Dampier since free agency began July 1.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1851712

canyoufeelit
08-04-2004, 12:53 AM
Pollard could backup PF too ya know. I really believe he is a better player than he was last year because of that injury and this year he'll challenge for more minutes.

Kegboy
08-04-2004, 04:01 AM
Pollard could backup PF too ya know. I really believe he is a better player than he was last year because of that injury and this year he'll challenge for more minutes.

If we've got Cliff Robinson, I don't want Pollard on the floor at all. Hell, he should take minutes away from Foster.

I love Bender and I don't want him traded, period. That said, it's not a bad deal, provided JB doesn't take off and Dampier doesn't break down. Got to be an unprotected 2006 pick, though. While GS is more likely to be better in Montgomery's second year, next year's draft sucks bad, and, has been said, there's always the chance of getting Oden in '06. :happydance:

diego
08-04-2004, 10:46 AM
I say no to all this trade. I think Austin is to valuable to us at teh PF now that Al is gone and bender is our back up SF. We completely void our team of any forward depth. I just think that it is not meant to be with Damp and we should just go with what we got.

At first i really wnated Damp here, but at this point its not worth giving up Bender, regardless that he hasnt proven anything. Id rather keep him another year and if he does break out, then we have even more tade value for him or Artest.

Lord Helmet
08-04-2004, 11:23 AM
I say no to all this trade. I think Austin is to valuable to us at teh PF now that Al is gone and bender is our back up SF. We completely void our team of any forward depth. I just think that it is not meant to be with Damp and we should just go with what we got.

At first i really wnated Damp here, but at this point its not worth giving up Bender, regardless that he hasnt proven anything. Id rather keep him another year and if he does break out, then we have even more tade value for him or Artest.
I agree that Cro is allitle more valuable to us at PF.

Pig Nash
08-04-2004, 12:46 PM
i think we're done this offseason and i think you all are crazy not to do this trade. but it won't happen anyway.

indygeezer
08-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Agreed it won't