PDA

View Full Version : The NBA introduces rivalry week....look out indy, here comes the CAVS!

Kstat
08-02-2004, 04:18 PM
For the first time ever, the NBA schedule features a weeklong series of games that highlight regional contests, divisional games and historic playoff matchups as part of Rivalry Week, which runs from Tuesday, Feb. 22 through Wednesday, March 2.

During the week, ESPN will feature:

Houston at San Antonio (Wednesday, Feb. 23 at 9 p.m. ET) Cleveland at Indiana (Friday, Feb. 25 at 8 p.m. ET) A a rematch of the 2004 NBA Finals as the Lakers host the Pistons (Friday, Feb. 25 at 10:30 p.m. ET) Miami at Orlando (Sunday, Feb. 27 at 7:30 p.m. ET) Charlotte at New Orleans (Wednesday, March 2 at 9 p.m. ET) As part of Rivalry Week, TNT will feature a doubleheader on Thursday, Feb. 24 as New York hosts Philadelphia at 7 p.m. ET, followed by Sacramento at Dallas at 9:30 p.m. ET, a renewal of their playoff rivalry from the past two seasons. NBA TV will televise other key matchups during Rivalry Week, rekindling historic playoff rivalries including:

Boston at the Lakers on Tuesday, Feb. 22 at 10:30 p.m. ET Indiana at New York on Saturday, Feb. 26 at 7:30 p.m. ET Utah at Houston on Sunday, Feb. 27 at 4 p.m. ET The Lakers at New York on Monday, Feb. 28 at 7:30 p.m. ET

Kstat
08-02-2004, 04:22 PM
At least you guys got the Knicks on NBATV....

...... but the CAVS? This is news to me.

indygeezer
08-02-2004, 04:51 PM
The cavs????

The only Cav I ever disliked was Fratello...and that wasn't until he moved to the booth.

(I learned to really dislike him fast tho when they started mentioning him as a possible replacement for Zeke)

ROCislandWarrior
08-02-2004, 04:59 PM
:confused:

Nothin' like those good old Cav/Pacer games

:confused:

ChicagoJ
08-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Well, you know, once the Pistons elevated themselves from being 20-win per season also-ran's in the early 80s, we had to take your place as the Cavs' main futility rival.

:rolleyes:

Ultimate Frisbee
08-02-2004, 05:05 PM
I went to enough Pacers games in Cleveland while I was there... (and probably drove the fans crazy)... maybe they think we have a rivalry! I know all of my friends now love to see the Pacers lose because of me...

In reality though, I don't get it... :confused::confused:

Booger
08-02-2004, 05:17 PM
The NBA had to find a way to get LeBron into rivalry week, and since Indiana was at the top of the conference last year, the NBA chose LeBron vs. the P's.

It's all about the $$$$$

Unclebuck
08-02-2004, 05:25 PM
From what Mark and Slick said (the game was not on TV anywhere) the Pacers at Cleveland game last March was one of the best games of the season.

And then you add in the Artest vs Lebron matchup and I can see how the pacers and Cavs have a rivalry

Mr. Pink
08-02-2004, 05:43 PM
When do the Kings come to play Indiana?

Hicks
08-02-2004, 05:44 PM
When do the Kings come to play Indiana?

We head to Sacramento on Friday, December 3. They come here to Conseco on Saturday, December 11.

Mr. Pink
08-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Thanks

beast23
08-02-2004, 07:32 PM
For me to even come close to granting Cleveland "rivalry" status, they first have to do something.

Like maybe make the playoffs. Or maybe even winning consistently.

A rivalry between the team that had the best record in the league and a team that didn't even make the playoffs.

Come on. Get real.

MSA2CF
08-02-2004, 09:50 PM
Pacers-Knicks
Pacers-Pistons

Those are the only two matchups I think you could consider as Pacers' rivalries.

That said, I agree with what Booger had to say about the Benjamins.

sweabs
08-02-2004, 10:43 PM
From what Mark and Slick said (the game was not on TV anywhere) the Pacers at Cleveland game last March was one of the best games of the season.

And then you add in the Artest vs Lebron matchup and I can see how the pacers and Cavs have a rivalry

I was there...it was a great game (but a bad finish).