PDA

View Full Version : Fall Forum Party is ..........

Jose Slaughter
08-02-2004, 02:56 PM
The fall version of our semi-annual Pacer Forum Party is usually a non game Saturday in November, prior to Thanksgiving.

This years schedule will alter that. Here is part of the schedule for November....

Saturday November 6 we are home against Chicago.

Saturday November 13 we are home against New York

Saturday November 20 we are home against Orlando

Saturday November 27 is a non-game date

That leaves us with two options.

1. We could go with a October 30th date. That is 4 days before the start of the season.

2. We could go with the November 27th non-game date. This is just 2 days after Thanksgiving & follows home games against Minnesota on Thanksgiving day & Charlotte on Friday.

The next two Saturday's without any games would be January 1st & February 12th.

Anyone have a preference?

ChicagoJ
08-02-2004, 03:01 PM
I vote for option #2 - I'm 99% sure I'll be in Indy that night because we always come home for the Turkey night game.

Unclebuck
08-02-2004, 03:09 PM
We should not have it before the season starts. I don't think Jan 1st will work. And Feb 12th is too late.

So I don't think we have much choice, 11/27

Hicks
08-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Agreed with Jay and UB. It'd be wrong to do it before the season because what all would we talk about? And January and Feb are too late.

I vote November 27th.

BigMac
08-02-2004, 03:20 PM
If RWB, Mrs. RWB, and Jay are going to be there on the 27th, count me in!

Doug
08-02-2004, 03:23 PM
I think I'll be around then.

Booger
08-02-2004, 03:48 PM
I would probably be able to make an appearance. Would you like me to be Booger or Spicoli? :angel:

JOneal7
08-02-2004, 09:11 PM
27th is good for me... :)
I'm sure you will all be anxious to meet me :)
I say we do a basketball game along with pizza...what yall think?

MSA2CF
08-02-2004, 09:58 PM
...what yall think?

Getting ready for the move to Indy, eh? ;)

indygeezer
08-02-2004, 10:28 PM
October 30th I will just be getting back from yet another trip up to Michigan.
But if you hold it November 27th I will be there.

(BTW, October 30th is Halloween night)

MSA2CF
08-02-2004, 10:40 PM
I thought Halloween was the 31st. :shudder:

obnoxiousmodesty
08-02-2004, 10:54 PM
I could make it. I'll talk all your ears off again. ;)

indygeezer
08-02-2004, 11:03 PM
I thought Halloween was the 31st. :shudder:

Just going by the grief I'm catching from the family. We GOTTA get back in time for Geezerrette to go Tric-er-treating!!!!

I could be wrong, but I had to promise we'd get back early Sunday.

able
08-03-2004, 05:28 AM
/me smells a birthday treat in the air.........

SycamoreKen
08-03-2004, 09:55 AM
I wish I could be there, but we are flying up for a wedding in January, so going for Thanksgiving is out. Maybe next summer.

MagicRat
08-03-2004, 10:13 AM
As previously mentioned, I'm probably out for the 27th.......

able
08-03-2004, 10:19 AM

I see .... already covering your butt, just in case i can make it this time ........

tsk tsk tsk tsk

:D

MagicRat
08-03-2004, 10:26 AM

I see .... already covering your butt, just in case i can make it this time ........

tsk tsk tsk tsk

If all goes according to Hoyle, I'll have a 10 day old baby to go along with the 5 year old and 3 year old. I doubt I'll be allowed out of the house......

able
08-03-2004, 10:46 AM
blah, bring the kids, I'm sure i can still change nappies :D

ChicagoJ
08-03-2004, 11:36 AM

tsk tsk tsk tsk

If all goes according to Hoyle, I'll have a 10 day old baby to go along with the 5 year old and 3 year old. I doubt I'll be allowed out of the house......

A real man would just shoot his way out of the house for a night to talk hoops with his virtual buddies. Wait... that didn't sound right...

PacerCrazy
08-03-2004, 12:08 PM
I would love to be there but my first baby is due Nov 29th and I doubt I will be able tog et out of Bloomington but I will be there is spirit.

MagicRat
08-03-2004, 12:33 PM
I would love to be there but my first baby is due Nov 29th and I doubt I will be able tog et out of Bloomington but I will be there is spirit.

The baby excuse is already taken...Sorry.....

Gyron
08-03-2004, 12:42 PM
There is a possibility if you have it the 27th that I may be in town. Wife and I are discussing what our options are this year for that time frame now. I will let you know:)

Doug
08-03-2004, 12:59 PM

tsk tsk tsk tsk

Tell your wife to quit slacking. It's the third kid, surely she can handle that while you go have pizza with the forum.

I'd make sure you ask while she's having labor pains. I find wives are most receptive to your needs then.

MagicRat
08-03-2004, 02:30 PM

tsk tsk tsk tsk

Tell your wife to quit slacking. It's the third kid, surely she can handle that while you go have pizza with the forum.

I'd make sure you ask while she's having labor pains. I find wives are most receptive to your needs then.

I'll give you a call from the cell phone when we're on our way to the hospital so you can come over and run that by her......:thumbsup:

Jose Slaughter
08-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Jay@Section222

A real man would just shoot his way out of the house for a night to talk hoops with his virtual buddies. Wait... that didn't sound right...

.........& could you remind us why you missed the last party? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

MagicRat
08-03-2004, 02:59 PM
A]
[quote user=Jay@Section222]Sorry, guys. I'm 100% out now.

After wrestling with construction traffic all day yesterday (following a friend's wedding in Indy Saturday night), my wife has vowed that we aren't leaving Chicago (southbound) for the rest of the summer.

:laugh::devil::p

ChicagoJ
08-03-2004, 03:20 PM
:jester:

I'm not saying its actually funny, but you guys did catch on to my weak attempt at tongue-in-cheek humor directed at our resident "Western"-style movie fan.

:maniac:

And hey, we haven't left Chicago - southbound - since. The last time my parents drove up, the normally 3+ hour trip took 5.5 hours. :shudder:

Doug
08-03-2004, 03:30 PM

tsk tsk tsk tsk

I'll give you a call from the cell phone when we're on our way to the hospital so you can come over and run that by her......:thumbsup:

Can I at least wait until after she's had the Nubain? :-)

Doug in CO
08-03-2004, 09:01 PM
I would probably be there for a Thanksgivig event - it would be great if you could do it then