PDA

View Full Version : Pacers - Bulls

Jose Slaughter
06-09-2010, 10:13 PM
TJ Ford & #10 for Kirk Hinrick & #17.

Indiana dumps a player it doesn't want & gets a starting point for only 500K more, only moving back 7 picks in the process.

Chicago gets an ending contract in Ford, for Hinrick's 2 year deal plus moving up 7 places on the draft.

jeffg-body
06-09-2010, 11:40 PM
I would be ok with this trade.

Justin Tyme
06-10-2010, 10:01 AM
I like the proposal. That would allow the Pacers to pick up Armon Johnson to groom for the next 2 years as the PG of the future, or possibly Udoh would still be available.

avoidingtheclowns
06-10-2010, 12:04 PM
I guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent here. Hinrich gets pumped quite a lot on this board for some reason. But in reality he's grown worse each of the last several seasons. Some of that injury related but the point still remains is that he hasn't exactly earned having us send an expiring contract for him. Then on top of that to drop down seven spots so we can pay Kirk around $17mil for the next two years? I'd have to pass.

Trader Joe
06-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Agreed with ATC

td#12
06-10-2010, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't do this if I were the Pacers. How does this really make us any better? Hinrich is a serviceable point guard, but Ford is also "serviceable," and since I don't think we're planning on starting him anyway, why not just keep him for his expiring contact? He might be a nice trade chip to have at the deadline anyway.

Also, I for one don't want to downgrade seven spots in the draft just to trade one bad point guard for another...that's just not something I like the look of.

Smoothdave1
06-10-2010, 09:47 PM
What about Ford for Hinrich straight up? Pacers are taking on an extra year of Hinrich's deal and the Bulls save money. Plus, we could either trade down or grab a guy like Bledsoe and groom him for the future.