PDA

View Full Version : What I think the Lakers/Nets should do.

Hicks
08-01-2004, 05:45 PM
Nets trade:

Jason Kidd

Lakers trade:

Gary Payton
Rick Fox
Devean George

Why Nets? Payton is a replacement at PG. Payton and Fox's contracts both expire at the end of the year, totaling about $10mm. George has a player option for a 2nd year, but that's still another contract they can choose to dump in 2 years if they wish. But basically it's that they get a quality PG in return, get $10mm off the books next summer, and can do what they wish with George, a young play who may work out for them, but if not dump him or trade him after another year.

Why Lakers? They trade an old PG for a better old PG. It's already been said that the idea with this new Lakers team is to run more and use their atheletes. Kidd would be perfect for them in that regard. They also clear out their glut of SFs, and now their lineup looks like this:

Kidd
Bryant
Odom
Grant
Divac

That will be a deadly team in transition, and is once again stacked, just without the Diesel.

I think both teams should and would do this deal.

Kegboy
08-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Mark Stein says the Lakers don't want Kidd because they'd be buried under two max contracts into the next decade.

Anthem
08-01-2004, 06:47 PM
With that in mind, who would want Kidd?

Unclebuck
08-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Has Kidd's value fallen that far and that quickly.

12 monhts ago he was a top 5 player and now we are suggesting trades of three scrubs.

I don't care how much $$ Kidd makes he is still one of the most valuable players in the whole NBA. I do have questions about his knee injury,

MSA2CF
08-01-2004, 09:50 PM
I think anyone and everyone in the NBA should be happy as hell that he is playing in the league & should be content with spending the duration of their contract with the team they signed with. Contracts should not be broken, although there are exceptions to everything.

Lord Helmet
08-01-2004, 10:37 PM
I think L.A. would do that.Trading Kidd to the west would be smart for the Nets.So they would'nt have to play him.Hicks thats a great Spaceballs pic in your sig:laugh:.That movie is a classic.

Anthem
08-01-2004, 11:07 PM
I do have questions about his knee injury,

Well that's the issue.

Clearly a healthy Ason Kidd is the top PG in the game and a top-5 player. But will he ever be healthy again?