ROCislandWarrior
01-18-2004, 02:43 AM
San Antonio
Indy
Minny

I highly doubt they will still be on a win streak after those three

tate
01-18-2004, 02:55 AM
Indeed the streak should end,would be hard for any team to come out of that without a lose

Kstat
01-18-2004, 03:16 AM
San Antonio
Indy
Minny

Yes, beating the team on a 10-game home winning streak was a cakewalk....:rollseyes:

Guess what, we're winning all three.

PaceBalls
01-18-2004, 03:53 AM
San Antonio
Indy
Minny

Yes, beating the team on a 10-game home winning streak was a cakewalk....:rollseyes:

streak ends tomarrow! you cannot contain Ron Artest, you can only hope to contain him.

Kstat
01-18-2004, 03:56 AM
San Antonio
Indy
Minny

streak ends tomarrow! you cannot contain Ron Artest, you can only hope to contain him.

Ron was traded to the Spurs?

PaceBalls
01-18-2004, 04:02 AM
San Antonio
Indy
Minny

Ron was traded to the Spurs?

oh ya woops i was thinking it was the pistons vs pacers tomarrow.

bulletproof
01-18-2004, 04:22 AM
San Antonio
Indy
Minny

This from the guy who was saying how badly his team sucked not so long ago. I'd dig that post up, but I can't...you know the story.

Bball
01-18-2004, 04:32 AM
San Antonio
Indy
Minny

This from the guy who was saying how badly his team sucked not so long ago. I'd dig that post up, but I can't...you know the story.

Kstat does suffer from mood swings sometimes ;)

He's just jealous his team doesn't have Bender!

:p
;)

-Bball

Kstat
01-18-2004, 05:12 AM
Oh, we sucked EVERY BIT as much as I said they did, the players even ADMITTED that they quit on coach Brown around mid-December. Its just that somehow Larry Brown was able to pull his team out of the fire, and make them into a machine...dont ask me how, i only see results....

There's really nobody that I don't think we can beat anymore. We're routinely shooting over %50 from the field, we're hammering teams on the glass, our fast break is second only to NJ in the east, we finally have the offense to compliment our defense.

MSA2CF
01-18-2004, 09:06 AM
San Antonio
Indy
Minny

Dang Kstat, do you ever go to sleep?

Tim
01-18-2004, 09:33 AM
San Antonio
Indy
Minny

Talk like this makes me want to go and buy Tix, too bad I have to work and my boss knows what kind of fan I am so I can't call off.

Hicks
01-18-2004, 09:58 AM
There's really nobody that I don't think we can beat anymore. We're routinely shooting over %50 from the field, we're hammering teams on the glass, our fast break is second only to NJ in the east, we finally have the offense to compliment our defense.

Against whose' defenses? What good team D's have you faced?

ABADays
01-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Hey - anytime you can win 11 in a row in the NBA you've done something. Not giving them credit would be like not giving the P's credit for beating SA and NJ back-to-back.

There's got to be some frustration on both sides though. Pacers can't shake them and they can't catch us.

Hicks
01-18-2004, 10:13 AM
Hey - anytime you can win 11 in a row in the NBA you've done something. Not giving them credit would be like not giving the P's credit for beating SA and NJ back-to-back.

There's got to be some frustration on both sides though. Pacers can't shake them and they can't catch us.

I don't mean to not give them credit. I'm just thinking of them out loud as an opponent when I wonder who they've been shooting, running, and passing well against. If they were doing it against the Spurs a lot, I'd be much more concerned. Right now, I feel like they'll get some runs, but we'll generally stop it. :whoknows:

And ABADays, please send me a private message telling me what you want your password to be (in other words what you used on the old host), so I can change it and your name back to what they were for ya.

Ragnar
01-18-2004, 11:03 AM
I would love it if they beat the Spurs too. I want to face them with the win streak intact and I want them to be playing great basketball.

Of course I want us to win. :rockon2:

ABADays
01-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Ahhhh, I feel like my old self now.

Tim
01-18-2004, 11:32 AM
I would love it if they beat the Spurs too. I want to face them with the win streak intact and I want them to be playing great basketball.

Of course I want us to win. :rockon2:

Hmmm... Do you think this statement is worth a Poll?

ROCislandWarrior
01-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Kstat

I have been impressed by the pistons 12 game streak
but I highly doubt they will shoot 50% against SA and indy
They should pray for 40%

And we will see how good their D is when they go into Minny

beast23
01-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Oh, we sucked EVERY BIT as much as I said they did, the players even ADMITTED that they quit on coach Brown around mid-December.
And I remember that there were several of us that did everything we could to console you.

Don't worry. After Tuesday evening, we'll resurrect those skills.

Just kidding.

Good luck this week. Except for Tuesday of course.

bulletproof
01-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Good luck this week? Are you kidding? We're in the second half of the season now. There's good possibility that one of these two teams are going to win the East. Guess which one I don't want it to be? I also want home court advantage throughout the playoffs. So the Pistons will get no love from me. My respect, yes. My well wishes, hell no. I want to see San Antonio throttle them, then have us kick 'em while they're down and then see the Timberwolves complete the trifecta and deliver the coup de grāce.

ROCislandWarrior
01-18-2004, 01:57 PM
yeah...what bulletproof said

Anthem
01-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Kstat does suffer from mood swings sometimes ;)

He's just jealous his team doesn't have Bender!

Sure they do! Only difference is that they spent the second pick of the draft to get him, while we only spent the 5th pick.

Just wait until he scores 20 against Orlando on Christmas... then we'll never hear the end of it.

Kstat
01-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Good luck this week? Are you kidding? We're in the second half of the season now. There's good possibility that one of these two teams are going to win the East. Guess which one I don't want it to be? I also want home court advantage throughout the playoffs. So the Pistons will get no love from me. My respect, yes. My well wishes, hell no. I want to see San Antonio throttle them, then have us kick 'em while they're down and then see the Timberwolves complete the trifecta and deliver the coup de grāce.

Bring it on... :boxer:

Southside_Pacer
01-18-2004, 04:42 PM
To really put the Pistons winning streak into prespective here's the teams they have beaten:

at Atlanta
New Orleans
Portland
Phoenix
Golden State
at Boston
Houston
Dallas
at Chicago
Toronto
Washington
at Milwaukee

These teams are a combined 213-264 for a winning percentage of .447, and only 5 teams they've faced have winning records. Washington is battling Orlando for the worst record in the league, Portland can't win road games to save themselves, Chicago is awful, Atlanta, well, what can you say about them, and Phoenix is the weakest team from the West.

During their winning streak they've faced Dallas who's the worst team in the league on the defensive end, Phoenix who has the fourth worst defense on average, Chicago who's eigth worst, Golden State who's ninth worst, Boston who's eleventh worst, Atlanta who's thirteenth worst, and well, you get the idea.

While winning 12 games in a row does show everybody that a team is doing the right things to win ballgames, over half of these wins came against teams with less than .500 records, most of them were at home, and they still have not been able to catch the Pacers due to our increased level of play.

I highly doubt that Detroit wins their next three games, and I think they'll go 1-2 during their next three.

So while yeah it's nice to win 12 in a row, and we all know that we'd love to see the Pacers do it, it's not as if Detroit is really beating the elite teams in the league.

Kstat
01-18-2004, 04:46 PM
To really put the Pistons winning streak into prespective here's the teams they have beaten:

at Atlanta
New Orleans
Portland
Phoenix
Golden State
at Boston
Houston
Dallas
at Chicago
Toronto
Washington
at Milwaukee

These teams are a combined 213-264 for a winning percentage of .447, and only 5 teams they've faced have winning records. Washington is battling Orlando for the worst record in the league, Portland can't win road games to save themselves, Chicago is awful, Atlanta, well, what can you say about them, and Phoenix is the weakest team from the West.

During their winning streak they've faced Dallas who's the worst team in the league on the defensive end, Phoenix who has the fourth worst defense on average, Chicago who's eigth worst, Golden State who's ninth worst, Boston who's eleventh worst, Atlanta who's thirteenth worst, and well, you get the idea.

While winning 12 games in a row does show everybody that a team is doing the right things to win ballgames, over half of these wins came against teams with less than .500 records, most of them were at home, and they still have not been able to catch the Pacers due to our increased level of play.

I highly doubt that Detroit wins their next three games, and I think they'll go 1-2 during their next three.

So while yeah it's nice to win 12 in a row, and we all know that we'd love to see the Pacers do it, it's not as if Detroit is really beating the elite teams in the league.

*sighs*

I thought we were done with this crap after we beat Milwaukee on the road....

...and if we beat SA, Indy and Minnesota, I'll be hearing about How we havent played Sacramento yet during the strak....

12 wins is 12 wins. Who we played is irrelevant to me.

Southside_Pacer
01-18-2004, 04:51 PM
But when you're beating teams who are in the lower half of the NBA by far on your own home court, what's all that impressive about it? You're beating teams that you SHOULD be beating. If the Pistons go 3-0 against San Antonio, Indiana, and Minnesota, then yes, that's impressive. However I don't see that happening. I think the Pistons will go 1-2 with a win over San Antonio, and losses against Indiana and Minnesota.

And no, I wouldn't call what I posted crap at all. It's simply correct numbers putting the winning streak the Pistons have had into prespective.

dipperdunk
01-18-2004, 04:58 PM
Its doesn't matter who Detroit has played during their winning streak; to win 12 straight is a great accomplishment and as long as Larry Brown is the coach they will be right there in contention for the East at the end of the season. The winning streak just happened to take place right now but it was inevitable as long as Brown was the coach; they weren't going to stay in that funk forever. Brown did the same thing with the 76ers last year when he won 15 out of 17 after the allstar break. Even though the Pacers have a very strong team I wouldn't be surprised to see the race go right down the to the last week of the season and be decided by just one or two games. Right now I would give the edge to the Pacers I just think there are a better team then the Pistons but alot can change between now and the playoffs.

Also the 1st seed is great for homecourt but it might turn out to be a disadvantage depending on the 1st round matchup you draw. Right now the 3rd seed would draw Toronto and the 1st seed would draw the 76ers. Trust me your better off playing a team like Toronto in the 1st round then a healthy 76ers team. Obviously you guys can beat both teams but Toronto would be a much easier matchup then the 76ers and the 3rd seed would get Toronto. I'm sure if you ask Larry Brown he would want no part of the 76ers in the 1st round because it would be a war.

Kstat
01-18-2004, 05:09 PM
But when you're beating teams who are in the lower half of the NBA by far on your own home court, what's all that impressive about it? You're beating teams that you SHOULD be beating. If the Pistons go 3-0 against San Antonio, Indiana, and Minnesota, then yes, that's impressive. However I don't see that happening. I think the Pistons will go 1-2 with a win over San Antonio, and losses against Indiana and Minnesota.

And no, I wouldn't call what I posted crap at all. It's simply correct numbers putting the winning streak the Pistons have had into prespective.

So if the Pistons went 70-12 without beating the Pacers, Lakers, Spurs, Twolves or Kings, it would be unimpressive, because after all, we're only beating the team we're SUPPOSED to.......

Southside_Pacer
01-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Considering Detroit already has 13 losses, that's not possible. :laugh:

However, you're still not in first place Any team in the league would take a twelve game winning steak, but this one when you really look inside the numbers just doesn't imprses me as much as it might other people.

However, IF the Pistons go 3-0 against San Antonio, Indiana, and Minnesota, then more people including myself will really take notice.

bulletproof
01-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Also the 1st seed is great for homecourt but it might turn out to be a disadvantage depending on the 1st round matchup you draw. Right now the 3rd seed would draw Toronto and the 1st seed would draw the 76ers. Trust me your better off playing a team like Toronto in the 1st round then a healthy 76ers team. Obviously you guys can beat both teams but Toronto would be a much easier matchup then the 76ers and the 3rd seed would get Toronto. I'm sure if you ask Larry Brown he would want no part of the 76ers in the 1st round because it would be a war.

Larry Brown may not want any part of the Sixers in the first round, but I'll take that over not having home court advantage for the finals. That's what it will take for any team in the East to win it all this year.

Southside_Pacer
01-18-2004, 05:24 PM
I do agree with the Sixers scaring me a whole lot more than Toronto does. Iverson himself can really take a game over and with his scoring ability and quickness he can give anybody problems.

Carter is good, but it just really depends on how healthy he is when it really matters.

I really hope we do get home court advantage throughout this thing, and getting it throughout the whole league wouldn't be a far fetched idea. :o

Right now it's looking to be a battle between Indiana/Detroit and I can't wait for this game. K-stat, IF the Pistons win I will be the first to congratulate you, don't worry.

It does make me wonder when/if New Orleans will get back into this thing.

Kstat
01-18-2004, 05:30 PM
The Hornets look like a lock right now for the #5 seed, and there's no way their arrogant, streetball-style is going to beat a team like Milwaukee that can really pass the ball, so they don't concern me at all.

PistonsDynasty
01-19-2004, 11:45 AM
The Pistons already played some good teams during this win streak.

**New Orleans
**Portland
**Houston
**Dallas
**Milwaukee

Hicks
01-19-2004, 11:51 AM

**New Orleans
**Portland
**Houston
**Dallas
**Milwaukee

I'll always give you Milwaukee. They're tough to beat (we should know). However Portland and Dallas are crappy road-teams that you got at home, so it's hard to be too impressed by those. Houston, OK, I'll give you that too. They played awful, but that could have been because of your D (I didn't see the game), so I'll leave it.

New Orleans? Depends on who you ask. (Kstat :devil: )

Kstat
01-19-2004, 11:52 AM

**New Orleans
**Portland
**Houston
**Dallas
**Milwaukee

Admittedly PD, the Pacers over the same span have played a TOUGHER schedule.

New Orleans is a fraud. I consider it our worst loss in franchise history that we lost to those pieces of crap, even though we had to hand them the game ON A SILVER PLATTER.

Portland is the worst road team in the NBA.

Houston couldn't score in a brothel if they had a million dollars to work with.

There are some 7th-grade girls teams that can score 100 on the Mavs....

Milwaukee is the one truly "impressive" win during this streak. They had beaten a lot of very good teams at home, the Pacers including. Can't dog that one.

Despite all this, 12 wins is 12 wins, no matter how much people want to take away from that, Larry Brown has gone his entire CAREER without winning 12 games in a row. One more win will match the Pistons'46-year old franchise RECORD. That says something.

PistonsDynasty
01-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Come on Kstat. People are just looking for a reason to discredit the Pistons win streak.

The fact is 12 in a row is 12 in a ROW! Most of those game were back-to-back.

**Well make it 13 in a row: Spurs are going down.

Kstat
01-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Come on Kstat. People are just looking for a reason to discredit the Pistons win streak.

The fact is 12 in a row is 12 in a ROW! Most of those game were back-to-back.

**Well make it 13 in a row: Spurs are going down.

Oh sure they are, but as a Piston fan you should be used to that now. As long as the Pistons don't have a 20+ppg "superstar", they will get no respect outside of Detroit. It infuriates me to no end that people don't consider Ben Wallace a superstar. He does things that no human being his size should be able to do, his game against Miwaukee was a prime example on how his stats dont BEGIN to show his impact on the game....

This week is without a doubt our toughest week of the SEASON. Let's do the talking a week from today, shall we?

PistonsDynasty
01-19-2004, 12:19 PM
This week is without a doubt our toughest week of the SEASON. Let's do the talking a week from today, shall we?

A week from now? When the Pistons are 32-13?
Ok, I'll talk to you then.

ROCislandWarrior
01-19-2004, 12:48 PM
32-13

I got $100 that says otherwise

Kstat...you want props....

I have said this before, I am impressed by the streak and am not taking anything away from it.

Pacer fans are just saying that now you have to play 3 of the top teams in the NBA and none of us believe it will last.

If you guys do come out with a 15 game streak...I would be SHOCKED