PDA

View Full Version : Drafting Game

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Jose Slaughter
08-01-2004, 10:50 AM
Since this post comes up at the top of every page I decided to take advantage of it.

As of now we are using a 12 hour selection window.

What this means is, when the person ahead of you in the draft makes their pick, you will have upto 12 hours to make yours.

After the 12 hours next person in line mat select & you may catch up whenever you can.

One more thing. We now, offically, will be using a best of 7 format for our playoffs. Seeding will be done according to salary rank.

A big thanks to Roaming Gnome for helping us out with the salary numbers.

Thanks

SycamoreKen
08-01-2004, 11:00 AM
Could we get this pinned to the top?

:thumbup:

Roaming Gnome
08-01-2004, 01:58 PM
Yep, Shaqille O'neal is my man...

Hicks
08-01-2004, 02:00 PM
We're supposed to pick the player from a certain year? So someone else can pick Shaq from the 94-95 season?

Roaming Gnome
08-01-2004, 02:07 PM
We're supposed to pick the player from a certain year? So someone else can pick Shaq from the 94-95 season?

The way I interpret rule #7 it looks like there will be only one Shaq, no matter what year I select....I hope so anyway. For what it is worth...S. O'neal of 93-94!

7. Players may only be selected once. This is an all time NBA draft, not everyone can have Wilt on thier roster.

Jose Slaughter
08-01-2004, 02:52 PM
No other player can select Shaq in this game.

For the purposes of the What if Sports tourney RG needed to select the year he wanted to use Shaq's starts from for the tourney.

You don't need to make the year known at this time but you will need to decide before the tourney begins.

burnzone
08-01-2004, 02:54 PM
With the 2nd pick in the 2004 PacersDigest fantasy team draft, Burnzone will select:

Wilt Chamberlain, 1961-62 season.

Jose Slaughter
08-01-2004, 02:57 PM
With the 2nd pick in the 2004 PacersDigest fantasy team draft, Burnzone will select:

Wilt Chamberlain, 1961-62 season.

I saw that one coming...:laugh:

I almost penciled it in when I posted Shaq at #1

The Lip is on the clock.

Roaming Gnome
08-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I was considering Ol' Wilt but for some reason decided to go with Mr. O'neal...We'll see how it works out.

I just wonder if Wilt will hit for any 50pt games in our league? :devil:

LouisvilleLip
08-01-2004, 06:31 PM
Grr.. I cant get WhatifSports search to work for me. Everytime i search for anyone its giving me the "No matching Guard(s) were found. Please modify your search criteria and try again."

Roaming Gnome
08-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Grr.. I cant get WhatifSports search to work for me. Everytime i search for anyone its giving me the "No matching Guard(s) were found. Please modify your search criteria and try again."

You have to make sure the guy you want is a guard...For instance...Dominique Wilkins is often mistaken for a SG, but he is actually listed on What if, as a S. Forward!

LouisvilleLip
08-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Im still not finding anything, ive tried searching for Oscar Roberston, Elgin Baylor under every category and im not finding anything

RimBender
08-01-2004, 06:40 PM
You can download a statistics database from BBallsports.com.

LouisvilleLip
08-01-2004, 06:43 PM
Ok since search isnt working for me im just gonna use the stats from the teams on the leagues pages.

My pick is Oscar Robertson from the 1961-62 season.

Roaming Gnome
08-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Oscar and Elgin are both Small Forwards at What If Sports!!!

RimBender
08-01-2004, 07:41 PM
GEESH, Im so anxious......i dunno why. Oscar already taken.... :( ....

Go Team...

SycamoreKen
08-01-2004, 08:09 PM
With the 4th pick the San Antonio Sycamores select Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Season to be named later.

By the way Oscar comes up as a SG on the mock team I put together.

Roaming Gnome
08-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Hey Jose...I have an Idea that might speed up the drafting part, if you haven't thought about it already...

You could PM whoever is up to draft since it goes to their e-mail.

Yeah, I'm a little anxious myself since I have to wait a good while to make my second pick. :devil3:

MSA2CF
08-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Lip, you made a very good pick. Oscar was who I would have picked had he been available at my selection.

LouisvilleLip
08-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Only other guy I would have taken ahead of Oscar would have been Wilt. The 61-62 season is probably the greatest individual statistical season anyone has ever put up and I highly doubt it will ever be matched as long as I live. (50 ppg, 25 rpg)

The next best all around statistical season would probably be Oscar from the same 61-62 season. (30 ppg, 11 apg, 12 rpg)

Its strange how they ended up in the same season.

Ultimate Frisbee
08-01-2004, 10:43 PM
Do we have to pick the season as well??

Jose Slaughter
08-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Do we have to pick the season as well??

At the time of the draft, no.

you will need to select a season for each of your players before the tourney starts.

MSA2CF
08-02-2004, 03:06 PM
btowncolt is on the clock.

Jose Slaughter
08-02-2004, 03:33 PM
I sent him a PM already.

If he doesn't make a pick this evening I'll add a player to his roster for him.

Roaming Gnome
08-02-2004, 05:15 PM
I sent him a PM already.

Hey, why don't we do it like they do it in the NFL if you go over the clock...The next teams in line just come in and make their picks and when Btown gets in, he just makes his pick as if it was his turn. Saves you from having to make a judgement for him, and is fair to the guys after him.

I'm not whining....Just a thought! :twocents:

Ultimate Frisbee
08-02-2004, 05:22 PM
I sent him a PM already.

Hey, why don't we do it like they do it in the NFL if you go over the clock...The next teams in line just come in and make their picks and when Btown gets in, he just makes his pick as if it was his turn. Saves you from having to make a judgement for him, and is fair to the guys after him.

Or, we could do it like a typical fantasy league draft and make up a ranked list of our picks...

Hicks
08-02-2004, 05:32 PM
I sent him a PM already.

I like this idea. If you're not here for your pick, why should you still get the best player available?

RimBender
08-02-2004, 05:49 PM
I sent him a PM already.

I agree.
But we dont run this Gnome. Good thought though. I like it alot.

SycamoreKen
08-02-2004, 06:22 PM
I say we give everyone plenty of time to make their picks. It is not like we need to start this thing tomorrow. This is Jose's baby, so what he wants to do is fine with me. I'm sure glad I picked 4th because its going to be tough choosing guys from here on out.

MSA2CF
08-02-2004, 10:07 PM
It's not a big deal to me if he takes a few days, but I agree with Gnome's idea. I was going to suppose that myself if he didn't. :cool:

Ultimate Frisbee
08-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Maybe Btowncolt just doesn't realize that he's on the clock... Lets give this a while and see if we need to institute a time limit...

Jose Slaughter
08-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Sorry about the delay.

I had a family thing to do tonight.

I got a reply from my PM to Btown.

He is out of the game & I'll take his place.

I'll pick Magic Johnson.

I think we should be rolling along pretty good after this.

SkipperZ
08-02-2004, 11:39 PM
:mad: i had my eye on magic...........

MSA2CF
08-02-2004, 11:45 PM
I'm pretty sure my pick will come out of nowhere. :nunchuck:

MSA2CF
08-03-2004, 12:27 AM
In fact, my first two picks will be unusual, assuming no one takes either before I do. :wah::bananadance:

SycamoreKen
08-03-2004, 08:47 AM
If Kareem had been taken my first pick would have had a few people here scratching their heads. Magic getting picked this highly kind of surprised me.

Jose Slaughter
08-03-2004, 09:13 AM
I was kind of rushed for time & I didn't want to put off making the pick for another 2 hours.

I was gonna go with another guy but figured Magic was a triple double machine so thats the direction I went.

I really didn't plan on making anyones selections for them, let alone taking over a team........

Gonna have to go into serious research mode before round 2.

SycamoreKen
08-03-2004, 09:21 AM
After looking over my info. Magic ranked higher than I first remembered. With so many good players out there it is hard to go wrong this early.

Dr Huxtable
08-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Larry Bird.

MSA2CF
08-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Larry Bird.

:uhoh::cool:

RimBender
08-03-2004, 05:28 PM
LOL....16th pick here I come!

Hicks
08-03-2004, 05:40 PM

Man, I sympathize. I feel like I'm watching all the good ones slip away, and I'm 5 picks ahead of you.

RimBender
08-03-2004, 05:46 PM

Man, I sympathize. I feel like I'm watching all the good ones slip away, and I'm 5 picks ahead of you.

Its ok....I will survive. Remember there are 50 Greatest Players ever. Im sure I can get the steal(s) of the draft. I've done extensive research. And im gonna have t.v. in my player's locker room like Mark Cuban. And argue calls and get kicked out of games too.

Go Team.

Ultimate Frisbee
08-03-2004, 05:48 PM
I think this is a no brainer... I take Michael Jordan 87-88 season

SycamoreKen
08-03-2004, 06:02 PM

I don't think rounds 1-3 are going to win someone this tournament, but rounds 7-10. That is when you might get a player that can win an all-star tournament like this.

MSA2CF
08-03-2004, 07:46 PM
I have a question. I'm planning on drafting a player whose years I'm going to use was in the ABA. Stats like assists/blocks weren't recorded then. Will that make a big difference when it comes to the simulations, because he doesn't "pass" according to stats? :confused:

SycamoreKen
08-03-2004, 07:55 PM
I have a question. I'm planning on drafting a player whose years I'm going to use was in the ABA. Stats like assists/blocks weren't recorded then. Will that make a big difference when it comes to the simulations, because he doesn't "pass" according to stats? :confused:

All of the ABA guys on WhatIfSports have assists, blocks, turnovers and steals listed. They also have fouls as well. I have an idea of who you are thinking of getting......

MSA2CF
08-03-2004, 08:29 PM

All of the ABA guys on WhatIfSports have assists, blocks, turnovers and steals listed. They also have fouls as well. I have an idea of who you are thinking of getting......

How do I find that information on the site?

Ultimate Frisbee
08-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Hey... I have bad news... I am leaving for a week long vacation and won't be back until next Sunday... I will probably be able to make my next pick... I am really sorry about this and forgot about it when I signed up... If you can find someone to take my spot, that is ok... or if you want me to try to find a replacement, I will try. If you want to handle the situation in a different way, that is also ok.

SycamoreKen
08-04-2004, 08:35 AM

How do I find that information on the site?

I think I messed tha PM thing up. Choose the TRIAL option instead of the pay one to get to the info.

MSA2CF
08-04-2004, 08:54 AM
Sorry for the holdup, folks. I'm trying to decide between two players, but I first need to see one of them's statistics that I could not find...And still haven't. :cool:

dipperdunk
08-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Sorry for the holdup, folks. I'm trying to decide between two players, but I first need to see one of them's statistics that I could not find...And still haven't. :cool:

Just go to www.basketballreference.com in the top right corner of the site you'll see a blank box just enter the last name of the player and it will give you his entire stats year by year breakdown including the ABA years.

MSA2CF
08-04-2004, 09:32 AM

Just go to www.basketballreference.com in the top right corner of the site you'll see a blank box just enter the last name of the player and it will give you his entire stats year by year breakdown including the ABA years.

:laugh: Thanks, but that's where I had been looking. This player I'm looking at has his STL, BLK, & TO missing from the list, which is what will help determine whether I draft him or not.

Pig Nash
08-04-2004, 12:37 PM
They didn't keep those until a certain year ( i can't remember which) Choose the one that has all the extra stats.

Hicks
08-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Let's get going...... this is starting to drag out.....

And Pig Nash is correct, they didn't record all the same stats during the ABA years that they do now.

MSA2CF
08-04-2004, 01:04 PM
If you go back, I believe I already said something to that effect, guys. SycamoreKen informed me that those stats are kept in whatifsports.com's site...so that's what I'm holding out on; he is in the process of aiding me in finding where those stats are.

Hicks, this thing is not going to pass quickly.

SkipperZ
08-04-2004, 01:24 PM
we havent even finished half of one round in 3 days.... i think we should have some sort of autopick system or nfl- like time limit...

RimBender
08-04-2004, 01:57 PM
we havent even finished half of one round in 3 days.... i think we should have some sort of autopick system or nfl- like time limit...

Yah its kind of sad, instead of picking players it seems some are choosing between life or death. Its just to have fun, I don't see how it takes more then a couple of hours at the most to pick a player.

MSA2CF
08-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Spencer Haywood

MSA2CF
08-04-2004, 04:14 PM
From his 1970 ABA season.

Jose Slaughter
08-04-2004, 04:15 PM
I don't want to rush anyone along because this was set up to be fun & kill time for the next 2 months until training camp starts.

With that said, I really thought we would be a little further along by now.

Everyone knew their draft order a week before hand, well almost everyone that is. We had 3 people added just prior to the start of the game & 1 after it started.

I don't mind waiting a little while on people, after all we do have lives that can be far more important than this littlle game.

However, if you know you have a pick coming up in the next 3 or 4 selections, try to have an idea of 4 or 5 guys you might want.

I'm kindda surprised Jordan fell to 7 & you were right MSA2CF, that was a surprise pick. A good one, but a surprise.

Thanks everyone.

Jose Slaughter
08-04-2004, 04:26 PM
The first thread is getting out of hand with all the lines added everytime I edit to add a player taken. So I'm gonna make a new post after each pick.

At the end of the 1st round I will add in the order for round 3. After the 2nd I will add in round 4 & so on.

Thanks

Round 1

1. Roaming Gnome --- Shaquille O'Neal 93-94

2. Burnzone ------------ Wilt Chamberline 61-62

3. Louisville Lip -------- Oscar Robertson

4. Sycamore Ken ------- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

5. Jose Slaughter ------ Magic Johnson

6. Dr. Huxtable MD ---- Larry Bird

7. I love the Pacers --- Michael Jordan 87-88

8. MSA2CF -------------- Spencer Haywood

9. Able

10. Skipper Z

11. Hicks

12. Hoop

13. Pig Nash

14. Dipperdunk

15. JONeal 7

16. Rim Bender

Round 2

17. Rim Bender

18. JONeal 7

19. Dipperdunk

20. Pig Nash

21. Hoop

22. Hicks

23. Skipper Z

24. Able

25. MSA2CF

26. I love the Pacers

27. Dr Huztable MD

28. Jose Slaughter

29. Sycamore Ken

30. Louisville Lip

31. Burnzone

32. Roaming Gnome

SycamoreKen
08-04-2004, 04:41 PM
Nice pick MSA. Not the suprise one I was going to make if Kareem was gone, but a good one none the less. By now everyone has had time to get a good list together, so it shoulf go more quickly.

To those of you complaining about being at the bottom of the list, I almost wish I could have moved down to the bottom 3 in order to be assured of getting 2 players that i really wanted.

MSA2CF
08-04-2004, 05:01 PM
Nice pick MSA. Not the suprise one I was going to make if Kareem was gone, but a good one none the less.

Perhaps when the draft comes my way again, I'll be picking the player you're thinking of...

If it goes my way, I'll be able to draft the other one of the two guys I wanted. I chose Spencer Haywood over ______. Hopefully he'll still be there when I choose again. :fingerscrossed:

MSA2CF
08-04-2004, 05:02 PM
But now I'm interested in who you were going to take, Ken...Hmm...:hmm:

RimBender
08-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Nice pick MSA. Not the suprise one I was going to make if Kareem was gone, but a good one none the less. By now everyone has had time to get a good list together, so it shoulf go more quickly.

To those of you complaining about being at the bottom of the list, I almost wish I could have moved down to the bottom 3 in order to be assured of getting 2 players that i really wanted.

Pig Nash
08-04-2004, 06:18 PM

(that way he'd have two picks close together.)

RimBender
08-04-2004, 06:46 PM
I know what you're saying Pig Nash, but there aren't many players as great as The Big "O", Magic, Kareem, Jordan, Bird, Shaq etc.. You can get two pretty great players which is good, but I would rather have a great player like a Bird or a Big "O" over two pretty great players. That's just my opinion, I'm sure other people would completely disagree.

Pig Nash
08-04-2004, 06:57 PM
He didn't have a high enough pick to get one of those guys. He wanted two great players instead of a great one and a little less great one.

And this better move along or i'll have to make a list and send it to jose so he can pick the best available for me because i won't be here next week.

SycamoreKen
08-04-2004, 07:59 PM
I would have taken the guy I took if I had had the number two pick to be honest. This thing pretty much comes down to personal preference and stratigy. It will be fun to see how it all turns out.

able
08-05-2004, 06:42 AM
we select Hakeem Olajuwon

Jose Slaughter
08-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Round 1

9. Able ------------------ Hakeem Olajuwon

10. Skipper Z

11. Hicks

12. Hoop

13. Pig Nash

14. Dipperdunk

15. JONeal 7

16. Rim Bender

Round 2

17. Rim Bender

18. JONeal 7

19. Dipperdunk

20. Pig Nash

21. Hoop

22. Hicks

23. Skipper Z

24. Able

25. MSA2CF

26. I love the Pacers

27. Dr Huztable MD

28. Jose Slaughter

29. Sycamore Ken

30. Louisville Lip

31. Burnzone

32. Roaming Gnome

Jose Slaughter
08-05-2004, 09:32 AM
FYI

If you don't know by now, I am sending out PM's to everyone that is "on the clock".

I am also sending out PM's to the next guy in line as a kindda..... you're up soon, get ready reminder.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

SkipperZ
08-05-2004, 11:57 AM
You know, I wanted to draft a point guard or center, but Magic, Wilt, Kareem and now Hakeem are all gone, I thought one of those four would be there.

And now I cannot justify taking another point guard over the most versatile player to ever play the game this side of MAgic Johnson. (Until Lebron matures that is) And I'm too scared he won't be there in the second round, even though he probably would be.

My pick is Kevin Garnett, 2003-2004 season.

Im bringing it new school on all ure fogey teams.

Hicks
08-05-2004, 12:00 PM
I pick George McGinnis 74-75

SkipperZ
08-05-2004, 12:15 PM
i was thinking between mcginnis, kg and another player, but picked kg over mcginnis solely on the block shots category.

Jose Slaughter
08-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Round 1

9. Able ------------------ Hakeem Olajuwon

10. Skipper Z ----------- Kevin Garnett 03-04

11. Hicks ---------------- George McGinnis74-75

12. Hoop

13. Pig Nash

14. Dipperdunk

15. JONeal 7

16. Rim Bender

Round 2

17. Rim Bender

18. JONeal 7

19. Dipperdunk

20. Pig Nash

21. Hoop

22. Hicks

23. Skipper Z

24. Able

25. MSA2CF

26. I love the Pacers

27. Dr Huztable MD

28. Jose Slaughter

29. Sycamore Ken

30. Louisville Lip

31. Burnzone

32. Roaming Gnome

MSA2CF
08-05-2004, 02:53 PM
I am very surprised at both of the last picks...

Hicks, you homer. :loser:

Pig Nash
08-05-2004, 02:56 PM
c'mon hoop. i haven't even seen you in a while. I wanna pick.

MSA2CF
08-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Don't worry Pig. Steve Nash won't be taken. :cool:

Pig Nash
08-05-2004, 03:07 PM
:sarcasm:

Hoop
08-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Elgin Baylor 60-61 - 34.8 PTs\19.8 REBs\5.1 ASTs

MSA2CF
08-05-2004, 03:13 PM

Now how did I miss him? Good pick; very good.

Hicks
08-05-2004, 03:15 PM

Crafty SOB. I didn't even get to his name... :(

Hicks
08-05-2004, 03:17 PM
Question: On this whatifsports website, does it require that our 12-man team be balanced? Like does it want a certain # of Gs, Fs, Cs (or perhaps PGs, SGs, SFs, PFs, Cs), or could we have like 12 SFs if we wanted?

Also, how do I use that site to see stats? I've tried their downloadable database, but it hates my PC.

RimBender
08-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Hicks go to BBallsports.com

It works.

RimBender
08-05-2004, 03:26 PM
And there are plenty of players better then Elgin out there....hehe....

Pig Nash
08-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Bob McAdoo

74/75 season

Jose Slaughter
08-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Question: On this whatifsports website, does it require that our 12-man team be balanced? Like does it want a certain # of Gs, Fs, Cs (or perhaps PGs, SGs, SFs, PFs, Cs), or could we have like 12 SFs if we wanted?

Also, how do I use that site to see stats? I've tried their downloadable database, but it hates my PC.

We are working with a 10 man roster & its my understanding that we need 2 centers, 4 forwards & 4 guards.

dipperdunk
08-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Moses Malone

Pig Nash
08-05-2004, 03:48 PM
Darn. I thought maybe he'd fall.

Jose Slaughter
08-05-2004, 03:54 PM
Round 1

9. Able ------------------- Hakeem Olajuwon

12. Hoop ---------------- elgin Baylor 60-61

13. Pig Nash ------------ Bob McAdoo 74-75

14. Dipperdunk --------- Moses Malone

15. JONeal 7

16. Rim Bender

Round 2

17. Rim Bender

18. JONeal 7

19. Dipperdunk

20. Pig Nash

21. Hoop

22. Hicks

23. Skipper Z

24. Able

25. MSA2CF

26. I love the Pacers

27. Dr Huxtable MD

28. Jose Slaughter

29. Sycamore Ken

30. Louisville Lip

31. Burnzone

32. Roaming Gnome

SycamoreKen
08-05-2004, 04:35 PM

We are working with a 10 man roster & its my understanding that we need 2 centers, 4 forwards & 4 guards.

You are correct sir.

Hicks, go to the site and sign up for an "Exhibition Season" sim league team. Use the drafting area to research players. You can also do it from the "favorite teams" area, but you can only look up individual players that way.

SycamoreKen
08-05-2004, 04:59 PM
Someone call the mall and get JONeil home so we can get the next 4 picks done.:p

MSA2CF
08-05-2004, 05:39 PM
Bob McAdoo

74/75 season

Well there goes my player I was deciding between. Him or Spencer Haywood, I had a tough time choosing. Good pick, Steve--err, Pig.

Pig Nash
08-05-2004, 05:41 PM
That's an honor for me MSA. To screw up your plans. Were you gonna use that year?

MSA2CF
08-05-2004, 05:45 PM
The 1975 season would have been the season I would have chosen.

Pig Nash
08-05-2004, 05:51 PM
yep.

SycamoreKen
08-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Why don't we just pick T-Mac for the kid now and J.O. the next round. I'm sure he would love that.

MSA2CF
08-05-2004, 10:43 PM
I'm not pressuring JOneal7, but how long do we have to pick? I've forgotten and don't feel like doing any work for the answer. :(

Hicks
08-05-2004, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I think we need to add some kind of time limit to this. Or give everyone 24 hours from when you next post, Jose, to PM you their entire wishlist, ranked from most wanted to least, and then you just fill all the picks out.

Pig Nash
08-06-2004, 12:30 PM
I want to play more. hurry up JOneal!

Hicks
08-06-2004, 12:33 PM
:bored:

Can we skip him or something? It's been almost a day.

Jose Slaughter
08-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Yes, times up.

Rim Bender you have the next two picks.

Pig Nash
08-06-2004, 02:54 PM
:applaud:

Pig Nash
08-06-2004, 02:55 PM
are we gonna give JOneal another day when his next pick comes up?

Jose Slaughter
08-06-2004, 03:01 PM
No, I'm replacing him.

I ask if anyone was interested in a new thread.

RimBender
08-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Ight, home from school, picks will come ina matter of minutes.

RimBender
08-06-2004, 03:10 PM
With the Last pick of Round 1, I select:

Nate "Tiny" Archibald.

And with the First pick of Round 2, I select:

Bill Russell.

Pig Nash
08-06-2004, 03:15 PM
good picks. Just 1 or three more picks till me.

Jose Slaughter
08-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Round 1

15. JONeal 7

16. Rim Bender --------- Nate "Tiny" Archibald

Round 2

17. Rim Bender --------- Bill Russell

18. JONeal 7

19. Dipperdunk

20. Pig Nash

21. Hoop

22. Hicks

23. Skipper Z

24. Able

25. MSA2CF

26. I love the Pacers

27. Dr Huxtable MD

28. Jose Slaughter

29. Sycamore Ken

30. Louisville Lip

31. Burnzone

32. Roaming Gnome

Pig Nash
08-06-2004, 03:30 PM
so who's up next? :confused:

SycamoreKen
08-06-2004, 03:43 PM
With the Last pick of Round 1, I select:

Nate "Tiny" Archibald.

And with the First pick of Round 2, I select:

Bill Russell.

Good pick with Archibald. I was hoping he would slip through some how. Fat chance I know.

Hicks
08-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Dipperdunk I guess.

dipperdunk
08-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Julius Erving

Pig Nash
08-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Isiah Thomas.

Pig Nash
08-06-2004, 04:23 PM
from the 1984/85 season.

MagicRat
08-06-2004, 05:43 PM
I'll take Jerry West and Bernard King......

MSA2CF
08-06-2004, 05:44 PM
RimBender, those are some very good picks. I was considering them for my next selections. :(

:thumbsup:

Roaming Gnome
08-06-2004, 06:37 PM
:mad: :grr: Gee, Thanks a lot Rat...now I have to hunt again! :pissed2: :ticked:

:cool:;)

Jose Slaughter
08-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Thanks for joining us Mr. Rat

Round 1

15. Magic Rat ---------- Jerry West

16. Rim Bender --------- Nate "Tiny" Archibald

Round 2

17. Rim Bender --------- Bill Russell

18. Magic Rat ----------- Bernard King

19. Dipperdunk --------- Julius Erving

20. Pig Nash ------------ Isiah Thomas 84-85

21. Hoop

22. Hicks

23. Skipper Z

24. Able

25. MSA2CF

26. I love the Pacers

27. Dr Huxtable MD

28. Jose Slaughter

29. Sycamore Ken

30. Louisville Lip

31. Burnzone

32. Roaming Gnome

MSA2CF
08-06-2004, 09:57 PM
Jose, will you input the years of Spencer Haywood at the end?

Jose Slaughter
08-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Was that 69-70 or 70-71?

MSA2CF
08-06-2004, 11:44 PM
I'm not sure...The site I was looking at just said 1970...It was his only ABA season though...

RimBender
08-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Man, my next pick won't come untill....well....3 days I'm guessing.

I just wanted to write something to show my avatar!

You're Going DOWN WILT!!!

Jose Slaughter
08-07-2004, 02:09 AM
You're Going DOWN WILT!!!

Like, how many times did he hear that one! :laugh:

Hoop
08-07-2004, 05:09 AM
Nate Thurmond 67-68

Hicks
08-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Walt Bellamy 61-62

RimBender
08-07-2004, 11:20 AM
The years of stats for my first 2 players.

Achibald / 1972-1973 / 34 ppg / 2.8 rpg / 11.4 apg

Russell / 1961-1962 / 18.9 ppg / 23.6 ppg / 5.4 apg

Jose Slaughter
08-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Round 1

11. Hicks ---------------- George McGinnis 74-75

16. Rim Bender --------- Nate "Tiny" Archibald 72-73

Round 2

17. Rim Bender --------- Bill Russell 61-62

21. Hoop ---------------- Nate Thurmond 67-68

22. Hicks ---------------- Walt Bellamy 61-62

23. Skipper Z

24. Able

25. MSA2CF

26. I love the Pacers

27. Dr Huxtable MD

28. Jose Slaughter

29. Sycamore Ken

30. Louisville Lip

31. Burnzone

32. Roaming Gnome

Round 3

33. Roaming Gnome

34. Burnzone

35. Louisville Lip

36. Sycamore Ken

37. Jose Slaughter

38. Dr. Huxtable MD

39. I love the Pacers

40. MSA2CF

41. Able

42. Skipper Z

43. Hicks

44. Hoop

45. Pig Nash

46. Dipperdunk

47. Magic Rat

48. Rim Bender

Jose Slaughter
08-07-2004, 12:59 PM
OK, it's help the idiot time!

I finally have a few minutes to myself to get into What if Sports.

I sign up & manage to get as far as the Build your own dream team page.

There is a "Downloadable Statistics Database" feature that I keep getting the awful "page can not be found" message when I click on it.

What do I need to do to get the stats you guys are getting?

Roaming Gnome
08-07-2004, 01:03 PM

There is a "Downloadable Statistics Database" feature that I keep getting the awful "page can not be found" message when I click on it.

I tried messing with that downloadable data base and had nothing but problems... I am getting my stats from the "build your nba team" mode. They have you fill out your roster by position and you and you can view their stats that way.

RimBender
08-07-2004, 01:11 PM
LOL! Bballstats.com!!!

GO THERE!

IT HAS A DATABASE THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!

I've said this at least 3 times.

http://www.bballsports.com

SkipperZ
08-07-2004, 01:43 PM
I had a lot of options here and its a tough decision, but i think im gonna have to go with....

John Stockton... i cant decide between 91-92 or 94-95 so ill leave that pending...

SkipperZ
08-07-2004, 01:45 PM
i was tempted to take yao ming, 2006-2007 but i dont think that would fly here

SycamoreKen
08-07-2004, 01:49 PM

I tried messing with that downloadable data base and had nothing but problems... I am getting my stats from the "build your nba team" mode. They have you fill out your roster by position and you and you can view their stats that way.

Another way to get stats on the site is to go to the SimLeague page under basketball and "draft" a team. Using the drafting feature allows you to search up to 200 seasons at a time by position. It also lets you rank them by salary (the value the site gives a season), and all other stats. You can also do individual searches by player name.

To do this start at the home page.

Then click SimLeagues and basketball

You want to do the "trial" So go to the bottom of the page and click "get your team"

On the next page under the "League Type" setting click the "Exhibition Season " button and then go to the bottom and click "sign UP"

MSA2CF
08-07-2004, 01:54 PM
SkipperZ, taking my man...Not cool. :p

Pig Nash
08-07-2004, 01:57 PM
i was going to pick him but i decided to go with IT.

able
08-07-2004, 02:03 PM
we are proud to announce the drafting of Bob Pettit

we will announce the season later

Roaming Gnome
08-07-2004, 02:06 PM

:grr: :grr: :smash: :smash: :ticked: :ticked:
Sucks when someone takes the guy you had designs on!

Hicks
08-07-2004, 02:08 PM

:grr: :grr: :smash: :smash: :ticked: :ticked:
Sucks when someone takes the guy you had designs on!

Word. I was hopeing he would keep falling. But I see you would get him anyway.

Pig Nash
08-07-2004, 02:09 PM
your up msa.

able
08-07-2004, 02:28 PM
:loser::finger::trophy:

RimBender
08-07-2004, 02:30 PM

...lol?....

Roaming Gnome
08-07-2004, 02:31 PM

We'll see about this :trophy:! :finger: :finger2: :finger3: :finger4: :finger5: :usuck:

;):p

Pig Nash
08-07-2004, 02:32 PM
you're all wrong. :homsar:

Hicks
08-07-2004, 02:35 PM
:innocent:

MSA2CF
08-07-2004, 03:00 PM
Dang, I need to start signing out when I'm not on...Sorry guys.

Give me a few minutes.

Pig Nash
08-07-2004, 03:07 PM
it's fine msa. no rush.

MSA2CF
08-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Wow, how time flies!

After much deliberation & heartbreak, I select C David Robinson in his 1994 season. (The 29.8 PPG season)

Pig Nash
08-07-2004, 03:24 PM
i was wondering where he was gonna go.

RimBender
08-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Drew Carey scares me :shudder:

MSA2CF
08-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Drew Carey scares me :shudder:

Huh? Why? :devil:

RimBender
08-07-2004, 05:12 PM
I mean look at him. Menacing!

MSA2CF
08-07-2004, 05:52 PM
I mean look at him. Menacing!

He's smiling. :crazy:

RimBender
08-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Actually, he is smirking. Why can't you have a pick of Halle Berry or something? Why Drew Carey?

SycamoreKen
08-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Actually, he is smirking. Why can't you have a pick of Halle Berry or something? Why Drew Carey?

At least it's not that freaky thing [B]Skaut Ech[B] has!:o Now that is creepy!:yikes::shudder:

Pig Nash
08-07-2004, 06:42 PM
All this ot stuff has me thinking of Shade. Where is he?

RimBender
08-07-2004, 06:53 PM

At least it's not that freaky thing [B]Skaut Ech[B] has!:o Now that is creepy!:yikes::shudder:

Yah, what is that anyways?! :shrug:

MSA2CF
08-07-2004, 07:26 PM
1) Halle Berry just doesn't excite me so much. She's good and all, but not someone I want as my spokesperson, especially after "Catwoman."

2) Drew Carey is one of my favorite celebrities & is a comic genius. Plus, I've been watching a lot of Whose Line Is It Anyway? and The Drew Carey Show lately. I just plain like the guy & I have been trying to come up with a "permanent" avatar, like UB.

RimBender
08-07-2004, 08:13 PM
There, my "permanent" avatar and Drew's fellow comedian.

Jose Slaughter
08-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Round 1

5. Jose Slaughter ------ Magic Johnson 88-89

8. MSA2CF -------------- Spencer Haywood 69-70

12. Hoop ---------------- Elgin Baylor 60-61

Round 2

23. Skipper Z ----------- John Stockton

24. Able ----------------- Bob Pettit

25. MSA2CF ------------- David Robinson 93-94

26. I love the Pacers --- Artis Gilmore

27. Dr Huxtable MD

28. Jose Slaughter

29. Sycamore Ken

30. Louisville Lip

31. Burnzone

32. Roaming Gnome

Round 3

33. Roaming Gnome

34. Burnzone

35. Louisville Lip

36. Sycamore Ken

37. Jose Slaughter

38. Dr. Huxtable MD

39. I love the Pacers

40. MSA2CF

41. Able

42. Skipper Z

43. Hicks

44. Hoop

45. Pig Nash

46. Dipperdunk

47. Magic Rat

48. Rim Bender

Jose Slaughter
08-07-2004, 08:58 PM
I Love the Pacers sent me a list of players.

His selection is Artis Gilmore.

MSA2CF
08-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Wow, I was choosing between Artis and David...Good pick, ILove.

Jose Slaughter
08-07-2004, 09:11 PM
MY next pick was gonna be Robinson, Gilmore or Stockton in that order.

Back to the drawing board.

If the Dr. makes his pick, mine will have to wait until after midnight.

Time to get the kid to bed & a little nap.

We should be done with the first 2 rounds in one weeks time. That means the draft will take about 5 weeks.

I can live with that.

SycamoreKen
08-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Artis was the guy I thought MSA was looking at when he took Haywood. I would have taken him above a couple of the other centers that went earlier.

MSA2CF
08-07-2004, 11:12 PM
You were half-right, Ken. :thumbsup: By the way, very clever avatar.

SycamoreKen
08-07-2004, 11:17 PM

Thanks, that's my cat. By the way, we just watched a back to back of Who's Line is It? The first had the Loyola Marymont Cheerleaders on it. A couple of the guys got to use them as props. How does a guy get that job anyway?

MSA2CF
08-07-2004, 11:20 PM

Thanks, that's my cat. By the way, we just watched a back to back of Who's Line is It? The first had the Loyola Marymont Cheerleaders on it. A couple of the guys got to use them as props. How does a guy get that job anyway?

:laugh: Those episodes are on right now. They just finished the one with the cheerleaders as props in the Wild West. Great show. Those guys are the best improv guys in the world, or so I've heard. Although, I don't care much for the Chip Esten guy. I'd prefer Greg Proops or Brad Sherwood, but that's just me.

"Hi, I'm Drew Carey. Come on down and let's have some fun!"

RimBender
08-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Agh, not again, 3 picks in 2 days.... :mad:

Whats going on, Where is Huxtable?! :confused:

Anyone know?

MSA2CF
08-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Lending his voice to a children's tv series? :shrug:

Jose Slaughter
08-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Sorry guys, I've been in bed sick all day.

For those that know me, I missed breakfast, lunch & dinner!

The good Dr. will have to catch up later.

I'll select Rick Barry.

SycamoreKen
08-08-2004, 10:37 PM
I'm taking Charles Barkley.

I have to go to work tomorrow and will not beable to get on there. I will be back on after 4 pm sometime if my turn comes back up.

LouisvilleLip
08-09-2004, 01:02 AM
I pick Dan Issel from the 70-71 season. (29.9 ppg, 13.2 rpg)

MSA2CF
08-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Jose and Louie, you both took my player(s)...:shakehead:

Hicks
08-09-2004, 09:07 PM
The Dr. Hux has been on for the past day or so, yet he refuses to pick...... :hmm:

Jose Slaughter
08-09-2004, 11:16 PM
I'll make a select for him sometime tonight.

The guy that I'm confused about is Burnzone, this is not like him at all.

I sent Roaming Gnome the OK to make his picks & hope BZ gets back before too much time has gone by.

Roaming Gnome
08-10-2004, 02:18 AM
With the last selection in the 2nd round, Roaming Gnome's Fury will select..... Jerry Lucas '64-'65 :devilshock:

With the First pick in the 3rd round, we will select.... Karl Malone '89-'90 :therock:

Jose Slaughter
08-10-2004, 03:27 AM
I'm gonna draft Charlie Scott for the good Dr.

Jose Slaughter
08-10-2004, 03:32 AM
b]Round 1[/b]

Round 2

27. Dr Huxtable MD ---- Charlie Scott

28. Jose Slaughter ----- Rick Berry

29. Sycamore Ken ----- Charles Barkley

30. Louisville Lip ------- Dan issel 70-71

31. Burnzone

32. Roaming Gnome -- Jerry Lucas 64-65

Round 3

33. Roaming Gnome -- Karl malone 89-90

34. Burnzone

35. Louisville Lip

36. Sycamore Ken

37. Jose Slaughter

38. Dr. Huxtable MD

39. I love the Pacers

40. MSA2CF

41. Able

42. Skipper Z

43. Hicks

44. Hoop

45. Pig Nash

46. Dipperdunk

47. Magic Rat

48. Rim Bender

burnzone
08-10-2004, 04:53 AM
Sorry guys, I had been waiting to see who all had picked earlier today, but was away from my computer all night, or I would have picked a little sooner.

With the 31 pick, I will select Pete Maravich, from the 76-77 season.

And with the 34 pick, I will select John Havlicek, from the 70-71 season.

SycamoreKen
08-10-2004, 07:44 AM
I will try today to get on around noon, but I can't promise that. I will be on after 5:00 this afternoon, so please do not skip me. Thanks.

MSA2CF
08-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Gnome, I was looking at those two myself. :shakehead:

Roaming Gnome
08-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Gnome, I was looking at those two myself. :shakehead:

I guess it just makes up for me getting dinged on Pettit and Barkley. I figured Barkley was going to be hard to get, but I didn't think anyone would figure on Bob Pettit....Thanks a lot able! :finger5:

jk...:cool:

I've got a few Diamonds in the rough I hope will last torwards the late rounds. I really don't like the idea of having to play Malone at SF, but right now...He was the best on my depth chart! :devilshock:

SycamoreKen
08-10-2004, 08:03 PM
I thought for sure I would come hame and you all would be waiting on me to pick. I have my guy ready to pick :drooling: ,I just hope Lip doesn't take him. :pray: If he does I might have to make him fat :boxer:!

burnzone
08-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Just for the record, LouisvilleLip is now on the clock, with the 35th pick in the 3rd round.

LouisvilleLip
08-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Moses Malone from the 81-82 season.

MSA2CF
08-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Moses Malone from the 81-82 season.

Dipperdunk already chose him. Sorry.

LouisvilleLip
08-10-2004, 10:45 PM
damn

LouisvilleLip
08-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Connie Hawkins 67-68

SycamoreKen
08-10-2004, 11:43 PM
With the next pickin the draft I choose :bunny:! Scouts say he has serious hops and unbelievable quickness. His handle is a little suspect though.

Actually, I select Kevin McHale.

Now that the front court is set, time to look at the backcourt.

Jose Slaughter
08-11-2004, 03:22 AM
I'll take T-Mac

& I'm looking for a replacement for Huxtable

Jose Slaughter
08-11-2004, 04:41 AM
b]Round 1[/b]

Round 2

30. Louisville Lip ------- Dan Issel 70-71

31. Burnzone ---------- Pete Maravich 76-77

Round 3

33. Roaming Gnome -- Karl Malone 89-90

34. Burnzone ---------- John Havlicek 70-71

35. Louisville Lip ------ Connie Hawkins 67-68

36. Sycamore Ken ---- Kevin McHale

37. Jose Slaughter ---- Tracy McGrady

38. Dr. Huxtable MD

39. I love the Pacers

40. MSA2CF

41. Able

42. Skipper Z

43. Hicks

44. Hoop

45. Pig Nash

46. Dipperdunk

47. Magic Rat

48. Rim Bender

Jose Slaughter
08-11-2004, 04:46 AM
The late Dr. Huxtable's team selects George "Iceman" Gervin.

Jose Slaughter
08-11-2004, 04:51 AM
I think I'm still selecting for I love the Pacers.

Anyway, Adrian Dantley was the next player on his list that he gave me, so there ya have it.

3 picks in a matter of minutes.

Next!

MSA2CF
08-11-2004, 05:20 PM
I think we all some this coming sometime.

Mark Jackson

Undecided upon the year.
e

able
08-11-2004, 06:07 PM
mouah :)

Elvin Ernest Hayes

HAVE A NICE DAY :D

Jose Slaughter
08-11-2004, 06:13 PM
b]Round 1[/b]

Round 2

30. Louisville Lip ------- Dan Issel 70-71

31. Burnzone ---------- Pete Maravich 76-77

Round 3

33. Roaming Gnome -- Karl Malone 89-90

34. Burnzone ---------- John Havlicek 70-71

35. Louisville Lip ------ Connie Hawkins 67-68

38. Dr. Huxtable MD -- George Gervin

39. I love the Pacers -- Adrian Dantley

40. MSA2CF ------------ Mark Jackson

41. Able ---------------- Elvin Hayes

42. Skipper Z

43. Hicks

44. Hoop

45. Pig Nash

46. Dipperdunk

47. Magic Rat

48. Rim Bender

Hicks
08-11-2004, 06:19 PM
You're up, Skipper

Jose Slaughter
08-11-2004, 06:31 PM
I sent him a PM already.

Too bad he sohned off about 1 minute before I got it out to him.

I was gonna send you a "You're on deck" PM but I knew you hang out here so.........

MSA2CF
08-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Oh, nothing...Just wanted to be the person to post the 200th post in this thread. ;)

SkipperZ
08-11-2004, 08:16 PM
I pick............

Kobe Bryant 02-03

ugh i feel sick....:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke: :puke::puke::puke:

Hicks
08-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Maurice Stokes 57-58

Roaming Gnome
08-11-2004, 08:37 PM
I had an idea on how to set up seeding and who gets homecourt. The homecourt does seem to make a difference when the teams are pretty evenly matched.

What I was thinking...you could seed the team with the highest payroll as the #1 seed because I'm assuming the team with the highest payroll would have the most talent (according to WhatIf). After that you could seed the rest of the field accordingly by payroll 1 thru 16. That would give us a fair representation on who would play who. #1 vs. #16, #2 vs #15 and so on.

The same formula could be used to figure homecourt just by saying the top 8 seeds would get homecourt just like the real deal since home teams seem to get a boost on WhatIf.

I guess I'm just don't want to see the strongest teams going after and eliminating each other in the first round. Heck, I'd even be willing to do the legwork to make it happen. :devilshock:

Just an :idea: that might be worth :twocents: .

So I don't look like a dumb ***.

MSA2CF
08-11-2004, 09:19 PM
I'm sorry, but, Jose, are we allowed to change our picks?

Like, can we chose someone, then edit our post because we changed our mind?

Hicks
08-11-2004, 09:29 PM
If you're referring to me, I put down the wrong name, but realized it right after I clicked post, so I quickly switched to who I wanted since I had just posted my message.

MSA2CF
08-11-2004, 09:38 PM
If you're referring to me, I put down the wrong name, but realized it right after I clicked post, so I quickly switched to who I wanted since I had just posted my message.

Yes, I was.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, and it's probably a non-issue because this game isn't a big issue, but it just raises a question mark because it could create a minor problem. No biggie.

Jose Slaughter
08-11-2004, 11:07 PM
As long as nobody else picks before the change, I'll let it go.

But Hicks does earn a :tsk:

;)

Jose Slaughter
08-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Roaming Gnome

Great idea!

I was hoping to get a little help to make sure this went smoothly.

Thanks

able
08-12-2004, 03:30 AM
Sorry to be a spoilsport, but using salary as a seeding tool is impossible.

SJax just got a 5 mil a year contract, which is likely more money then a lot of the "older" players made in their entire career.

I am pretty sure that guys like pettit and such never made the 15 mil a year numbers.

also how on earth would you get those numbers? the current players are easy, but the old ones?

i suggest another hat, and some paper :)

Jose Slaughter
08-12-2004, 04:08 AM
The What if Sports site has their own salary structure. They base it on the players stats for each season. It has nothing to do with how much a player actually makes, it's all relative to performance.

I think Wilt is on top of the salary list with a season listed at 28M.

Roaming Gnome
08-12-2004, 07:27 AM
This will give you an idea how this works... Here are the numbers for all the guys that gave the actual year with their selection.

b]Round 1[/b]

1. Roaming Gnome --- Shaquille O'Neal 93-94 $14,913,277

2. Burnzone ------------ Wilt Chamberline 61-62 $23,116,950

5. Jose Slaughter ------ Magic Johnson 88-89 $9,356,604

7. I love the Pacers --- Michael Jordan 87-88 $14,218,797

8. MSA2CF -------------- Spencer Haywood 69-70 $13,847,914

10. Skipper Z ----------- Kevin Garnett 03-04 $9,686,981
11. Hicks ---------------- George McGinnis 74-75 $8,351,353

12. Hoop ---------------- Elgin Baylor 60-61 $9,362,540

13. Pig Nash ------------ Bob McAdoo 74-75 $13,109,260

16. Rim Bender --------- Nate "Tiny" Archibald 72-73 $12,337,789

Round 2

17. Rim Bender --------- Bill Russell 61-62 $9,659,291

20. Pig Nash ------------ Isiah Thomas 84-85 $7,340,858

21. Hoop ---------------- Nate Thurmond 67-68 $4,720,296

22. Hicks ---------------- Walt Bellamy 61-62 $12,972,587

25. MSA2CF ------------- David Robinson 93-94 $11,575,369

30. Louisville Lip ------- Dan Issel 70-71 $9,594,962

31. Burnzone ---------- Pete Maravich 76-77 $5,981,635

32. Roaming Gnome -- Jerry Lucas 64-65 $8,071,443

Round 3

33. Roaming Gnome -- Karl Malone 89-90 $11,790,341

34. Burnzone ---------- John Havlicek 70-71 $9,453,975
35. Louisville Lip ------ Connie Hawkins 67-68 $13,363,553

38. Dr. Huxtable MD

39. I love the Pacers

40. MSA2CF

41. Able

42. Skipper Z

43. Hicks

44. Hoop

45. Pig Nash

46. Dipperdunk

47. Magic Rat

48. Rim Bender

SycamoreKen
08-12-2004, 07:28 AM
While one would think the salary values of a team would predict how well they would do, I have run some games of teams I think I might be able to draft against teams full of superstars, and my teams have done very well.

I think we need to have the teams "play" more than one game. The best team should come out ahead that way. Maybe 2 owners that are not involved in the matchup could do this in order to report objectively. As long as the teams are left for public use we could do this.

Jose Slaughter
08-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Roaming Gnome
C --- Shaquille O'Neal 93-94
F --- Jerry Lucas 64-65 - Karl Malone 89-90
G ---

Burnzone
C --- Wilt Chamberline 61-62
F ---
G --- Pete Maravich 76-77 - John Havlicek 70-71

Louisville Lip
C ---
F --- Dan Issel 70-71 - Connie Hawkins 67-68
G --- Oscar Robertson

Sycamore Ken
C --- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
F --- Charles Barkley - Kevin McHale
G ---

Jose Slaughter
C ---
F --- Rick Berry
G --- Magic Johnson 88-89 - Tracy McGrady

Joel
C ---
F --- Larry Bird
G --- Charlie Scott - George Gervin

I love the Pacers
C --- Artis Gilmore
F --- Adrian Dantley
G --- Michael Jordan 87-88

MSA2CF
C --- David Robinson 93-94
F --- Spencer Haywood 69-70
G --- Mark Jackson

Able
C --- Hakeem Olajuwon
F --- Bob Pettit - Elvin Hayes
G ---

Skipper Z
C ---
F --- Kevin Garnett 03-04
G --- Kobe Bryant 02-03 - John Stockton

Hicks
C --- Walt Bellamy 61-62 - Maurice Stokes 57-58
F --- George McGinnis 74-75
G ---

Hoop
C --- Nate Thurmond 67-68
F --- Elgin Baylor 60-61
G ---

Pig Nash
C --- Bob McAdoo 74-75
F ---
G --- Isiah Thomas 84-85

Dipperdunk
C --- Moses Malone
F --- Julius Erving
G ---

Magic Rat
C ---
F --- Bernard King
G --- Jerry West

Rim Bender
C --- Bill Russell 61-62
F ---
G --- Nate "Tiny" Archibald 72-73

44. Hoop
45. Pig Nash
46. Dipperdunk
47. Magic Rat
48. Rim Bender

Round 4
49. Rim Bender
50. Magic Rat
51. Dipperdunk
52. Pig Nash
53. Hoop
54. Hicks
55. Skipper Z
56. Able
57. MSA2CF
58. I love the Pacers
59. Joel
60. Jose Slaughter
61. Sycamore Ken
62. Louisville Lip
63. Burnzone
64. Roaming Gnome

Hicks
08-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Jose, Maurice Stokes is supposed to be a PF.

Jose Slaughter
08-12-2004, 10:19 AM
4 matches were found. Click on the player's name to draft that player.
Name Team P GP Min Pts FG FG3 FT Reb Ast TO Stl Blk Fl Salary
1. Stokes, Maurice 57-58 Cincinnati Royals C 63/72 39 16.9 35.1% 0.0% 71.5% 18.1 6.4 2.8 1 1.3 3.6 $3,130,620
2. Stokes, Maurice 56-57 Rochester Royals C 72/72 38.3 15.6 34.7% 0.0% 66.5% 17.4 4.6 2.8 1 1.3 4 $2,967,668
3. Stokes, Maurice 55-56 Rochester Royals C 67/72 34.7 16.8 35.4% 0.0% 71.4% 16.3 4.9 2.5 0.9 1.2 4.1 $2,601,537
4. Stokes, Greg 85-86 Philadelphia 76ers PF 31/82 11.3 4.1 47.1% 0.0% 66.7% 1.8 0.5 0.6 0.5 0.4 1.8 $239,000
<< Return to Draft Center

Hicks
08-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Well it's the 57-58 one, but where I looked up the stats, they'd listed him as a F. :confused:

I guess I'll go with whatifsports, and just count him as my 2nd C I guess....

MSA2CF
08-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Yeah, Hicks...I've been looking at basketball-reference.com and their positions are different than whatifsports....Just have to check before you pick I guess.

Roaming Gnome
08-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Who is up to pick right now and how much time do they have left on the clock?

Jose Slaughter
08-12-2004, 06:03 PM
I sent Hoop a PM late lastnight letting him know he was on the clock.

I just sent him another telling him he was being skipped & would need to make his pick when he can.

I also PM'd Pig Nash, letting him know he is now up.

Dipperdunk is on deck & he too has been PM'd.

King's fan, Joel will be taking over the Dr. Huxtable team.

If for some reason you know you will away from a PC & you have a pick approching, please send me a list & I will be more than happy to draft a player for you.

Thanks

Jose Slaughter
08-12-2004, 06:07 PM
Stoopid me, I just remembered Pig Nash is on vacation & sent me a list.

His pick.........

Dominique Wilkins

Dipperdunk, your turn.

Magic Rat is on deck.

dipperdunk
08-12-2004, 06:20 PM
I select Tim Duncan 01-02

Just in case u guys need it for the salaries Moses is 81-82 and Doc is 72-73

MagicRat
08-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Patrick Ewing......

Roaming Gnome
08-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Round 1
1. Roaming Gnome --- Shaquille O'Neal 93-94 $14,913,277

7. I love the Pacers --- Michael Jordan 87-88 $14,218,797

14. Dipperdunk --------- Moses Malone $12,303,838

15. Magic Rat ---------- Jerry West 69-70 $10,010,760

Round 2

18. Magic Rat ----------- Bernard King 84-85 $6,699,700

$9,732,814

Round 3

34. Burnzone ---------- John Havlicek 70-71 $9,453,975
35. Louisville Lip ------ Connie Hawkins 67-68 $13,363,553

38. Dr. Huxtable MD-----George Gervin

39. I love the Pacers-----Adrian Dantley

40. MSA2CF-----Mark Jackson

41. Able----- Elvin Hayes

42. Skipper Z----- Kobe Bryant 02-03 $8,267,318

43. Hicks-----Maurice Stokes 57-58 $3,130,620

44. Hoop

45. Pig Nash----- Dominique Wilkins

46. Dipperdunk----- Tim Duncan 01-02 $10,096,335

47. Magic Rat-----Patrick Ewing 89-90 $11,667,517

48. Rim Bender-----Richie Guerin 61-62 $7,990,573

Round 4

48. Hoop-----Kevin Johnson 88-89 $8,520,038

49. Rim Bender-----Dirk Nowitzki 02-03$7,319,581

50. Magic Rat-----Reggie Miller 89-90 $8,226,718

51. Dipperdunk-----Bob Cousey 56-57 $3,241,400

52. Pig Nash-----Walt Frazier

53. Hoop-----Clyde Drexler 88-89 $9,139,542

54. Hicks-----Gary Payton 99-00 $7,624,493

55. Skipper Z-----

56. Able

57. MSA2CF

58. I love the Pacers

59. Joel

60. Jose Slaughter

61. Sycamore Ken

62. Louisville Lip

63. Burnzone

64. Roaming Gnome

MagicRat
08-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Bernard King - 84-85
Jerry West - 69-70
Patrick Ewing - 89-90

RimBender
08-12-2004, 07:51 PM
With the 48th Pick of the 3rd round in the 2004 Pacer's Digest Fantasy Game Draft, I select:

Richie Guerin 1961-1962 season
29.5 ppg / 6.4 rpg / 6.9 apg

Hoop
08-12-2004, 07:58 PM
I made my first 2 picks within hours of the guy before me.

How did I get skipped this time? There were days between some of the earlier picks.

I just checked my PM's and it was just sent last night at 10:10pm. :confused:

Hoop
08-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Kevin Johnson 88-89

RimBender
08-12-2004, 08:19 PM
With the 49th overall Pick in the 4th round in the 2004 Pacer's Digest Fantasy Game Draft, I select:

Dirk Nowitzki 2002-2003 season
25.1 ppg / 9.9 rpg / 3.0 apg

MagicRat
08-12-2004, 08:28 PM
R-E-G G-I-E Reggie...Hit another 3! :dance:

89-90 season

dipperdunk
08-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Bob Cousy 56-57

Hoop
08-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Woops picked before Pig Nash

Jose Slaughter
08-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Roaming Gnome
G ---

Burnzone
F ---

Louisville Lip
C ---
G --- Oscar Robertson

Sycamore Ken
G ---

Jose Slaughter
C ---
F --- Rick Berry

Joel
C ---
F --- Larry Bird
G --- Charlie Scott - George Gervin

I love the Pacers
C --- Artis Gilmore
F --- Adrian Dantley
G --- Michael Jordan 87-88

MSA2CF
G --- Mark Jackson

Able
C --- Hakeem Olajuwon
F --- Bob Pettit - Elvin Hayes
G ---

Skipper Z
C ---
G --- Kobe Bryant 02-03 - John Stockton

Hicks
G ---

Hoop
F --- Elgin Baylor 60-61
G --- Kevin Johnson 88-89

Pig Nash
C --- Bob McAdoo 74-75
F --- Dominique Wilkins
G --- Isiah Thomas 84-85

Dipperdunk
C --- Moses Malone 81-82
F --- Julius Erving 72-73 - Tim Duncan 01-02
G --- Bob Cousey 56-57

Magic Rat
C --- Patrick Ewing 89-90
F --- Bernard King 84-85
G --- Jerry West 69-70 - Reggie Miller 89-90

Rim Bender
C --- Bill Russell 61-62
F --- Dirk Nowitzki 02-03
G --- Nate "Tiny" Archibald 72-73 - Richie Guerin 61-62

Round 4

52. Pig Nash
53. Hoop
54. Hicks
55. Skipper Z
56. Able
57. MSA2CF
58. I love the Pacers
59. Joel
60. Jose Slaughter
61. Sycamore Ken
62. Louisville Lip
63. Burnzone
64. Roaming Gnome

Jose Slaughter
08-12-2004, 09:57 PM
Pig Nash selects Walt Frazier

Hoop, back to you sir.

Hoop
08-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Clyde Drexler 88-89

ChicagoJ
08-12-2004, 10:04 PM
I don't have time to participate but this is going to be fun to watch.

I'm a big fan of DD's team, so far. Although Hick's pickup of Bellamy was nice.

Burnzone also has a nice team so far.

Hicks
08-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Gary Payton 99-00

MagicRat
08-12-2004, 10:43 PM
I don't have time to participate but this is going to be fun to watch.

I'm a big fan of DD's team, so far. Although Hick's pickup of Bellamy was nice.

Burnzone also has a nice team so far.

:irked: :disappointed: :tongue:

SycamoreKen
08-12-2004, 10:54 PM
:bunny:

SkipperZ
08-13-2004, 01:44 AM
Since Duncan Ewing and Reggie are all gone :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I select

Robert Jerry Lanier 1973-1974

SkipperZ
08-13-2004, 01:59 AM
Oh and im goin with 91-92 for John stockton

able
08-13-2004, 04:00 AM
Jason Kidd 98-99

:D

able
08-13-2004, 04:23 AM
btw as for season:

Olajuwon: 92-93
Hayes: 70-71
Pettit: 61-62

Jose Slaughter
08-13-2004, 04:37 AM
Gotta a double selection for ya.

Yes, a 2 for 1!

MSA2CF instructed me to select Michael Ray Richardson.

I'm also taking David Thompson for I love the Pacers.

Jose Slaughter
08-13-2004, 04:48 AM
Roaming Gnome
G ---

Burnzone
F ---

Louisville Lip
C ---
G --- Oscar Robertson

Sycamore Ken
G ---

Jose Slaughter
C --- Zelmo Beaty
F --- Rick Berry

Joel
C --- Dave Cowens
F --- Larry Bird
G --- Fat Lever - George Gervin

I love the Pacers
C --- Artis Gilmore
F --- Adrian Dantley
G --- Michael Jordan 87-88 - David Thompson

MSA2CF
G --- Mark Jackson - Michael Ray Richardson

Able
C --- Hakeem Olajuwon 92-93
F --- Bob Pettit 61-62 - Elvin Hayes 70-71
G --- Jason Kidd 98-99

Skipper Z
C --- Bob Lanier 73-74
G --- Kobe Bryant 02-03 - John Stockton 90-91

Hicks
G --- Gary Payton 99-00

Hoop
F --- Elgin Baylor 60-61
G --- Kevin Johnson 88-89 - Clyde Drexler 88-89

Pig Nash
C --- Bob McAdoo 74-75
F --- Dominique Wilkins
G --- Isiah Thomas 84-85 - Walt Frazier

Dipperdunk
C --- Moses Malone 81-82
F --- Julius Erving 72-73 - Tim Duncan 01-02
G --- Bob Cousey 56-57

Magic Rat
C --- Patrick Ewing 89-90
F --- Bernard King 84-85
G --- Jerry West 69-70 - Reggie Miller 89-90

Rim Bender
C --- Bill Russell 61-62
F --- Dirk Nowitzki 02-03
G --- Nate "Tiny" Archibald 72-73 - Richie Guerin 61-62

Round 4

59. Joel
60. Jose Slaughter
61. Sycamore Ken
62. Louisville Lip
63. Burnzone
64. Roaming Gnome

Round 5

Roaming Gnome
Burnzone
Louisville Lip
Sycamore Ken
Jose Slaughter
Joel
I love the Pacers
MSA2CF
Able
Skipper Z
Hicks
Hoop
Pig Nash
Dipperdunk
Magic Rat
Rim Bender

Hoop
08-13-2004, 05:00 AM
1. Roaming Gnome ---- Shaquille O'Neal 93-94 $14,913,277

3. Louisville Lip --------- Oscar Robertson

4. Sycamore Ken ------- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 71-72

6. Joel ------------------ Larry Bird 84-85

7. I love the Pacers ---- Michael Jordan 87-88 $14,218,797

9. Able ------------------- Hakeem Olajuwon 92-93

14. Dipperdunk --------- Moses Malone $12,303,838

15. Magic Rat ---------- Jerry West 69-70 $10,010,760

Round 2

18. Magic Rat ----------- Bernard King 84-85 $6,699,700

19. Dipperdunk --------- Julius Erving$9,732,814

23. Skipper Z ----------- John Stockton 91-92

24. Able ----------------- Bob Pettit 61-62

27. Joel ----------------- Dave Cowens

29. Sycamore Ken ----- Charles Barkley 87-88

Round 3

34. Burnzone ----------- John Havlicek 70-71 $9,453,975

35. Louisville Lip ------- Connie Hawkins 67-68 $13,363,553

36. Sycamore Ken ------ Kevin McHale 86-87

37. Jose Slaughter ----- Tracy McGrady

38. Joel ----------------- George Gervin 79-80

39. I love the Pacers --- Adrian Dantley

40. MSA2CF ------------- Mark Jackson

41. Able ----------------- Elvin Hayes 70-71

42. Skipper Z ----------- Kobe Bryant 02-03 $8,267,318

43. Hicks ---------------- Maurice Stokes 57-58 $3,130,620

44. Hoop ---------------- Kevin Johnson 88-89 $8,520,038

45. Pig Nash ------------ Dominique Wilkins

46. Dipperdunk --------- Tim Duncan 01-02 $10,096,335

47. Magic Rat ----------- Patrick Ewing 89-90 $11,667,517

48. Rim Bender -------- Richie Guerin 61-62 $7,990,573

Round 4

49. Rim Bender -------- Dirk Nowitzki 02-03$7,319,581

50. Magic Rat ---------- Reggie Miller 89-90 $8,226,718

51. Dipperdunk -------- Bob Cousey 56-57 $3,241,400

52. Pig Nash ----------- Walt Frazier

53. Hoop --------------- Clyde Drexler 88-89 $9,139,542

54. Hicks --------------- Gary Payton 99-00 $7,624,493

55. Skipper Z ---------- Bob Lanier 73-74

56. Able ---------------- Jason Kidd 98-99

57. MSA2CF ------------ Michael Ray Richardson

58. I love the Pacers -- David Thompson

59. Joel ---------------- Lafayette Lever 88-89

60. Jose Slaughter ---- Zelmo Beaty

61. Sycamore Ken ----- Jimmy Jones 68-69

62. Louisville Lip -------

63. Burnzone -----------

64. Roaming Gnome ---

Joel
08-13-2004, 05:02 AM
Lafayette Lever - 88-89

Joel
08-13-2004, 05:09 AM
by the way, Bird is going to be from 84-85, Gervin (who I wouldn't of piced so early) from 79-80, and Charlie Scott... well seeing as he was only decent one year, I better pick that one: 71-72.

Joel
08-13-2004, 05:27 AM
Is there any way I can throw Charlie Scott back in the poll. I'll pack a player that is currently available instead of him. I wouldn't of picked him the 9th round, let alone the 2nd.

Jose Slaughter
08-13-2004, 06:22 AM
Sure, go for it.

I'll take the Z man

No, not Zendon Hamilton!

Zelmo Beaty.