PDA

View Full Version : Crazy trade from Real GM...

Smoothdave1
06-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Saw this (or a variation of) on Real GM a few days ago:

Pacers send Murphy, Rush and 2nd rd early pick to San Antonio for Tony Parker (who agrees to an extension in Indy)

Pacers send Dunleavy, Foster and #10 to Philly for Brand and #2

Pacers draft Evan Turner at #2

New Pacers line-up:

Parker, Ford, Price
Turner, Jones, f/a
Granger, f/a/,rookie
Brand, Hansbrough, f/a
Hibbert, McRoberts, Jones

Thoughts?

Don't kill the messenger!

CooperManning
06-06-2010, 11:23 PM
I haven't crunched the cap numbers, but it seems like that would pretty much kill all future cap room, especially if you consider extending Hibbert in a couple years. Danny would be 31 and Parker 32 by the time Brand's contract expires. The question becomes: Is that core good enough to win a championship?

Regarding the possibility of the trade: San Antonio needs more than that for Parker and I feel like Murphy would be key in any Philly trade.

Smoothdave1
06-06-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm not advocating the deals. I just saw it and thought I would pass it along. I like Parker, but I don't know that he's the best fit for the Pacers at this stage. I feel as though we need to continue to build a young core. I would like to have some cap flexibility in the next few years and would rather look at a guy like Collison or even Felton for a MLE type deal.

The fall of 2011 we'll have the following players and salary earmarked:

PG: Price 900k
SG: Rush 3 mil, Dahntay 2.7 million
SF: Granger 12 mil
PF: Hansbrough 2.1 mil
C: Hibbert 2.6 mil

Total 23.3 million. we'll also be looking to resign guys like Roy and maybe Rush too. I don't think the Pacers will go after a guy like Brand, but could see someone like Parker, but I think Eva may balk at Tony coming to Indy.

MillerTime
06-08-2010, 11:12 AM
I had a very similar trade in mind:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2avjkrn

Pacers Send:
- Murphy
- Ford
- Dunleavy
- Rush
- 2010 #10

Pacers Receive:
- Parker
- Brand
- #2 (Turner)

Our lineup:
Parker/Price
Turner/D Jones
Granger/2nd Rounder
Brand/Hansbrough
Hibbert/McRoberts

Do I think this lineup could win us a championship? I think its a very strong possibility. For sure we're financially tight, but with a lineup like that, we'll definitely be contenders. Everyone player, except Hibbert because of his age, in the starting lineup has been an All Star. Its a great group of guys with very little attitude problems

And keep in mind that we still have Foster and Tinsley (yes, we're still paying him) coming off the books in the summer of 2011 which is $12,114,183 http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/pacers.jsp

Trader Joe
06-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Evan Turner...an all star before he's even been drafted...now that is impressive.

MillerTime
06-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Evan Turner...an all star before he's even been drafted...now that is impressive.

Sorry, I was obviously wrong there. But Turner will more likely than not be an NBA All Star within a few years.

pacergod2
06-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I actually really like those two deals together. I don't really like them individually, but together they make sense. I wonder if that will be a three way deal.

I think Brand fits next to Hibbert a heck of a lot better than he fits next to Dalembert. Brand will be an expensive role player, but a good role player none-the-less. He knows the game and is a smart ball-player, but its obviously his physical limitations that worry me over the next three years. But with Hansborough and McRoberts, they bring that energy and athleticism off the bench to limit Brand's minutes when necessary.

Parker provides us a stable force at the point. I think he would re-sign with a team like that with a young Turner, an All-Star caliber scorer in Granger, Brand who is a solid veteran and Hibbert who can score in the post. This is a well-rounded team. These guys are all good teammates. This is a playoff team in the East. Contender, depends on how things shake up this summer, but doubtful... next year. Give them a year or two together and let the team gel and we could improve significantly.

Price, DJones, Hans, McRoberts, are players 6-9 in the rotation, unless you can upgrade one of them. Plus, there will be opportunity to add a player or two each year to improve upon depth and react to roster fluctuations.

I would be all for this as a three-way trade.

Pacers get:

Parker
Brand

Spurs get:

Murphy
Rush

Sixers get:

Dunleavy
Foster

That is a pretty big deal. Nine players. I like it for all teams.

Mourning
06-12-2010, 04:04 AM
I'm pretty sure both Philly and SA would give us the finger. Particularly the 76-ers get total crap from us considering what they are giving up.

Justin Tyme
06-12-2010, 07:29 AM
I don't see giving up all the expirings this off season by the Pacers, nor taking on Brand's contract.