PDA

View Full Version : Kidd to Indy rumor on radio

Hicks
07-31-2004, 07:45 PM
Two different Nets boards are saying that on their local radio WFAN, Ian Eagle, a NY radio guy who works for the YES network, is reporting 3 different trade possibilities for Kidd.

1) Kidd to Dallas for Walker and Howard. He said this deal is on the table today.

2) To INDY for Artest, Tinsley and someone else. The other site said it could be Bender.

3) To Portland for SAR+.

Tinsley, Ron, JB total up to match Kidd's salary, so that deal is possible.

You can substitute Bender w/ Pollard and the trade still works.

Personally I think Tins/Ron/JB is too much. But Tins/Ron/Pollard I might think about. Just don't like the idea of not having a SF coming back. Although for this year, you could keep the same setup with Reggie and Freddie at 2, and have Jax bet the starting 3 until we find a new SF.

Reggie4Three
07-31-2004, 07:56 PM
I don't think this deal makes us a better team.

SpADeD
07-31-2004, 08:09 PM
It all matters what Jason Kidd we are getting. If we are getting the 0 points in Game 7 vs the Pistons Kidd, no thanks. How is his knee doing?

Will Galen
07-31-2004, 08:10 PM
Artest and Tins and Pollard I would think about too. I think it works best for NJ because they get a point guard back.

Lord Helmet
07-31-2004, 08:13 PM
No trade if it includes Ronnie.

SkipperZ
07-31-2004, 08:16 PM
I think kidd costs too much for too many years without enough upside to make this deal worth it.

but who knows, maybe kidd + JO = championship. I just dont see how the kidd JO steve jax reggie group are much better than kidd KMart Jefferson and kittles group, and that nets team never won anything. (Getting to the finals really isnt good enough). All that plus injury concerns, plus losing two YOUNG players with cheap contracts and great upside, i just wouldnt pull the trigger as tempting as it may be..

Ragnar
07-31-2004, 08:59 PM
Tins Bender and Pollard I would do. But even then I would want to see some serious info on his knee. Plus I would want to wait untill he was ready to play.

But Tins and Ron and Bender is just too much even for Jason Kidd.

Slick Pinkham
07-31-2004, 09:31 PM
Think of the new Chris Webber compared with the Chris Webber of old.

Think of the new Mashburn vs. the Mashburn of old.

New Allan Houston vs. the Allan Houston of old.

That is the difference between the Kidd of next year (following microfracture surgury) vs. the Kidd of old.

I fear giving ANYTHING significany for him, even Tins and Bender and Cro, with his salary, will be a mistake of Grant Hill-like proportions.

Anthem
07-31-2004, 09:54 PM
No kidding. I was kinda interested until I checked HoopsHype. Kidd's salary is INSANE. Jersey would be best off trading him, even if he doesn't want to go.

The funny thing is that all of this "Kidd demands a trade" ruckus might be best for Jersey.

ABADays
07-31-2004, 09:58 PM
Tinsley AND Artest for Kidd? Who's smoking what!

Ultimate Frisbee
07-31-2004, 10:19 PM
Only if we get Jefferson too in a trade would I do it... Kidd will be phenomenal for at least a few more years. His PG skills are sick...

Doug in CO
07-31-2004, 10:20 PM
Kidd is broken down - I would not even trade Artest for him

SoupIsGood
07-31-2004, 10:26 PM
It makes the most sense to send kidd to the mavs. The Walker contract and howard are almost perfect for what they're doing (cap room and yound players).

RimBender
07-31-2004, 10:37 PM
It makes the most sense to send kidd to the mavs. The Walker contract and howard are almost perfect for what they're doing (cap room and yound players).

I agree, but why would Cuban refuse to pay for Nash then get Kidd who costs way more.

Cuban said he didn't like how his middle aged PG broke down during Playoff time, but what did Kidd do?!

Confusing.:confused:

indygeezer
07-31-2004, 10:40 PM

I agree, but why would Cuban refuse to pay for Nash then get Kidd who costs way more.

Cuban said he didn't like how his middle aged PG broke down during Playoff time, but what did Kidd do?!

Shouldn't be confusing, it's called a rumor. Just like EVERY year, EVERY trade proposal has the Pacers in it somehow.

Ultimate Frisbee
07-31-2004, 10:43 PM

Shouldn't be confusing, it's called a rumor. Just like EVERY year, EVERY trade proposal has the Pacers in it somehow.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Very true!

Manuel
07-31-2004, 10:54 PM
After trading Al we can't also trade Ron.

I like Ragnar's proposal: Tins, Bender, and Pollard.

sweabs
07-31-2004, 11:13 PM
Kidd's best days are behind him.

Why would we give Artest for him??? WHY!!! I can't stand seeing Artest's name in all these rumours!

Kegboy
07-31-2004, 11:31 PM

Why would we give Artest for him??? WHY!!! I can't stand seeing Artest's name in all these rumours!

Take it as a compliment; everybody wants him.

JOneal7
08-01-2004, 12:50 AM
WTF? Why would you give up ron, tins,and JB!? for kidd who's getting old and hurt? OK NO

bulletproof
08-01-2004, 12:59 AM
I don't think anything is happening until after the 15th, at least.

Lord Helmet
08-01-2004, 01:48 AM
I don't think anything is happening until after the 15th, at least.
Why do you think that?Are your "sources" telling you that?;)

indygeezer
08-01-2004, 08:42 AM
vacations? Truthfully, I don't expect anything until after the Olympics and the races in Indy are over. Media coverage and timing being the reasons.

Jermaniac
08-02-2004, 05:56 AM
man Ron,Tins and JB for Kidd damn why dont we toss in Jermaine in too.

MSA2CF
08-02-2004, 09:53 AM
The YES network is crap.

The Pacers will not obtain Jason Kidd.

Pig Nash
08-02-2004, 03:53 PM
The YES network is crap.

The Pacers will not obtain Jason Kidd.

ditto

TheSauceMaster
08-05-2004, 02:42 AM

Why would we give Artest for him??? WHY!!!

I agree , why trade our your talent for 1 old worn out guy who has probably seen his better days , what's he up too 4 knee surgeries now , when number 5 coming ? and not too bring up the Fact I don't want a Wife Beater on the Team :mad: