PDA

View Full Version : Wayne says he'll skip Colts' minicamp

Mr_Smith
06-04-2010, 12:47 PM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20100604/SPORTS03/6040358/1004/SPORTS/Wayne-says-he-ll-skip-Colts-minicamp

The Indianapolis Colts' mandatory three-day minicamp will open today minus Reggie Wayne.

The four-time Pro Bowl receiver said in an e-mail sent to the media Thursday evening that he and the Colts are "in disagreement concerning my contract.''

Wayne, 31, has two years remaining on the six-year, $39 million contract he signed in 2006. The team's 2001 first-round draft pick already has received $27.58 million over the first four years of the deal and is due base salaries of $5.47 million this season and $5.95 million in 2011.

However, it's clear Wayne thinks he deserves to be paid on par with the NFL's other top receivers. Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald, Miami's Brandon Marshall and New England's Randy Moss have contracts that pay them more than $9 million per season. Four other receivers had multiyear contracts that in 2009 averaged more than $8 million annually.

Since 2004, Wayne has eclipsed the 1,000-yard mark each season and leads the league with 532 receptions and 7,494 yards. His 52 touchdown catches rank No. 5.

A Colts spokesman said Thursday evening the team was aware of Wayne's stance but would have no comment.

Wayne has not participated in the team's ongoing voluntary organized team activities, which isn't unusual. He routinely works out in the offseason at the University of Miami, his alma mater. This is the first time he will boycott a mandatory function.

That decision exposes him to disciplinary action by the team. According to Article VIII, Section 1 of the collective bargaining agreement, Wayne faces a maximum fine of $9,442 for skipping a mandatory minicamp.

"I will continue training diligently in Florida, as I have each offseason since my rookie year, to ensure that I am ready to play this season,'' Wayne said in his e-mail. "I hope that a fair resolution can be reached in the not-too-distant future that allows me to achieve my goal of playing my entire career with the Indianapolis Colts.''

It's uncertain whether Pro Bowl defensive end Robert Mathis will follow Wayne's lead. A source with knowledge of the situation said recently Mathis also is dissatisfied with his contract and wants it addressed. Mathis has not participated in the OTAs. He was involved in a charity softball game at Victory Field on Thursday evening but declined to comment on his situation.

The Colts rarely address a player's contract when it has two years remaining. Even if the team is in the renegotiating mood for two of its Pro Bowl players, it might be difficult considering it's committed to giving quarterback Peyton Manning a new deal this summer.

The contract of the NFL's only four-time MVP expires at the end of the season, and owner Jim Irsay plans to make Manning the highest-paid player in league history.

Sollozzo
06-04-2010, 01:33 PM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20100604/SPORTS03/6040358/1004/SPORTS/Wayne-says-he-ll-skip-Colts-minicamp

"I hope that a fair resolution can be reached in the not-too-distant future that allows me to achieve my goal of playing my entire career with the Indianapolis Colts.''

The fair resolution is for you to play out the contract you signed.

These players whining about contracts *THEY* signed is really starting to get on my nerves.

The last thing we need is to give him some monster extension when he'll turn 32 next season. When we signed a 32 year old Harrison to that insane contract we only got more 2 years of solid production out of him.

Since86
06-04-2010, 01:38 PM
So much for his attitude about coming to work, wearing the hard hat etc.

I'm right there with you Adam. Obviously they felt the contract was good enough when they signed it, so live up to your freaking contract. If you didn't produce, would you sign a new contract for less before your current deal ended? Don't think so. Be a man.

RWB
06-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Agreed gentlemen. Reggie is a good wideout, but IMHO he is still 2nd tier and is getting market value. I believe #18 has had a good hand in your production on the field. When Austin Collie can come in as a rook with 60 catches and the production Mr. Garcon that kind gives up the ghost.

Sollozzo
06-04-2010, 02:19 PM
What's so irritating about this is it's not like he's had some drastic increase in production since he signed the contract. When he signed that deal in 06 he was coming off of 2 1000+ yard seasons and had clearly established himself as one of the league's elite receivers. Him and his camp knew that, and they thought the deal with the Colts was a fair deal for him then. His production has remained constant since then, so it's a little annoying that he all of the sudden thinks it's not a good deal.

I can somewhat understand when a player isn't that great, signs a small deal, and then explodes and feels he's not getting paid what he's worth. But Wayne and his camp knew how great he was when he signed the deal.

Is this about getting an extension or is it about making what guys like Moss and Fitzgerald make per year? Probably both I'm guessing.

After seeing what Collie and Garcon did last year as rookies, it's clear that Manning makes his receivers. Not saying that Reggie wouldn't be great elsewhere, but I would be curious to see what his production was like if he was working with an average QB.

SoupIsGood
06-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Yeah this is dumb. Are we in any way absolved of his cap hit if he flat-out refuses to show up for the season?

Like Adam, I would get this if he suddenly blew up into a Pro Bowler on the back end of a contract that he signed when he was not even a starter. But he hasn't. He's good, but doesn't deserve to be paid like Fitz/Moss. And I really hope we don't commit a ton of years to him, because who knows how long he'll last.

We've got him under contract for two more years. I say we just wait him out.

travmil
06-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Well, clearly he needs the money since his side piece stole his credit cards and bank account info.

thewholefnshow31
06-04-2010, 02:56 PM
The fair resolution is for you to play out the contract you signed.

These players whining about contracts *THEY* signed is really starting to get on my nerves.

The last thing we need is to give him some monster extension when he'll turn 32 next season. When we signed a 32 year old Harrison to that insane contract we only got more 2 years of solid production out of him.

I do not understand why people get so upset about these players wanting new contracts. I have no problem with them wanting new contracts especially someone like Chris Johnson. The NFL chews these guys up and spit them out. When a player starts to decline they demand they take less or just cut them, but when a player far exceeds the contract they are vilified. Given how the NFL is a business and the owners only care about themselves I have no problem with players wanting to get as much money as they can before the NFL throws them out with the garbage.

Let him rest. I wish football practices started later anyways. I do not think these guys, especially the ones that make the playoffs, get enough rest before all of these OTAs and mini camps.

Its not like Reggie is going to come into training camp out of shape. The guy is working at the U so he will be in tip top shape. He has years under Peyton so they are good. It allows Garcon, Collie, and Gonzo more time so this is a win win for everybody.

Also, with the lockout looming I would try to get as much money as I could this year to just be safe. Honestly, Polian's mouth is what got us into this mess with him blabbering on about how he is going to make Peyton the highest player ever. Now other people are wanting to get paid as well.

Pacergeek
06-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Although I do agree that you should honor the terms of the contract that you signed, I can see where Wayne is comming from.

All Manning does is choke in the playoffs, and he continues to get fed tons of money. Why can't anybody else eat?

Since86
06-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Although I do agree that you should honor the terms of the contract that you signed, I can see where Wayne is comming from.

All Manning does is choke in the playoffs, and he continues to get fed tons of money. Why can't anybody else eat?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/126162-the-myth-of-peyton-mannings-postseason-chokes-exposed-as-works-of-fiction

To put his postseason quarterback rating in perspective, it's higher than the career quarterback rating of Roger Staubach, Jim Kelly, Len Dawson, Sonny Jurgensen, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, Bart Starr, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Fouts, and John Elway. All of them are members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Kind of blows that notion out of the water, but anyways........

RWB
06-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Reggie's base salary is almost 5.5 million dollars for this upcoming season. I'm sure there are some incentive clauses built in as well. Maybe he is scared his production will drop off with Gonzo coming back, Dallas Clark being at the top of his game, and the youngsters like the new big threat Garcon picking up steam. Hopefully Reggie did not go to the Antwoine Walker school of finance.

Sollozzo
06-04-2010, 03:22 PM
I do not understand why people get so upset about these players wanting new contracts. I have no problem with them wanting new contracts especially someone like Chris Johnson. The NFL chews these guys up and spit them out. When a player starts to decline they demand they take less or just cut them, but when a player far exceeds the contract they are vilified. Given how the NFL is a business and the owners only care about themselves I have no problem with players wanting to get as much money as they can before the NFL throws them out with the garbage.

The NFL is a business. Like any business, it depends on the productivity of it's employees (the players) for it's success. Once players get older they can't produce anymore and they hurt the business. If you were performing poorly at your job, wouldn't you expect to be fired as well?

That's just sports. These guys know what they are getting into when they decide to play in the NFL. I doubt many of them would be interested in taking a pay reduction when their production tails off, would they? I for one am glad that teams that NFL teams have the freedom to cut poorly producing players and aren't held hostage by bums making insane amounts of money for pitiful production like NBA teams are. I only wish that NBA teams had more freedom like NFL teams. Then you maybe wouldn't see so many teams in the messes they are currently in (cough, Pacers, cough)

And like I said, I can understand it when someone like a Chris Johnson is far outplaying the value of their contract and complains. I still find it annoying, but I understand it. But that isn't the case with Reggie at all. He's not outplaying the value of his contract - he's giving the exact same production now as he did when he signed the thing 4 years ago. In 06 his camp thought that contract was just fine for a guy getting 1000+ yard seasons. Since his production is still the same as it was then, it should be fine now as well.

And I don't care that he's working out on his own in Florida. If teams were content with players just working out alone then they wouldn't hold these *mandatory* three day minicamps. These are important and are held for a reason. Reggie needs to STFU and join his teammates.

Hoop
06-04-2010, 03:43 PM

Maybe Reggie shouldn't have choked in this years Super Bowl and continued his route, then there may have not been a pick 6 going the wrong way.

The year we won the Super Bowl Reggie was very lucky he was not the reason we lost in the AFC championship game. After receiving a perfectly thrown ball, he fumbled, but the ball miraculously fell right back in his arms continuing the game winning drive.

Saying "All Manning does is choke in the playoffs" is as ridiculous as saying it was all Reggie's fault.

Have you ever thought maybe Manning took teams to the playoffs that maybe had no business being there.

Obviously it's never just one guys fault or one guys triumph, just saying.........

QuickRelease
06-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Well, clearly he needs the money since his side piece stole his credit cards and bank account info.I thought the same thing. :laugh:

JBones19
06-04-2010, 04:33 PM
The year we won the Super Bowl Reggie was very lucky he was not the reason we lost in the AFC championship game. After receiving a perfectly thrown ball, he fumbled, but the ball miraculously fell right back in his arms continuing the game winning drive.

Many forget though there was a flag on that particular play for roughing the passer. So even if Reggie had fumbled it wouldn't have mattered right?

Sollozzo
06-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Many forget though there was a flag on that particular play for roughing the passer. So even if Reggie had fumbled it wouldn't have mattered right?

Correct, IIRC.

Roaming Gnome
06-04-2010, 05:10 PM
So much for all those that clamor that the NFL's salary system is "perfect".

idioteque
06-05-2010, 11:20 AM
"Reggie is just a good wideout"....are you kidding me? The sour grapes are very apparent on this thread. Reggie Wayne is one of the best wide receivers in the NFL and is as to close to as good as Marvin Harrison was during his peak. He is a shoo-in for the Ring of Honor and if the he is one or two great performances in a Super Bowl away from being an HOF type player.

I never blame the players in these situations, it makes more sense to blame the salary structure in the NFL. Basic capitalism states that if you can have the ability to get more money, you'll do what you can to do so. Now that doesn't change my belief that all athletes make way too much money in contacts and the max contract in the NFL or NBA should be like 2 million a year. Maybe then owners wouldn't be leeching off of us taxpayers to pay for their palace stadiums.

SoupIsGood
06-05-2010, 01:14 PM
He is one of the best current WR's, but I think it's a diss to Marvin to say that Reggie is almost as good as Marvin at his best. I really don't think he's anywhere close to that.

IMO Reggie is at that "really really really good" level. Marvin, Moss, Fitzgerald - at their best those were guys you had/have defenses thinking "****, how are we stop this guy?" Reggie's not that, and doesn't deserve to be paid like that.

Sollozzo
06-05-2010, 01:18 PM
"Reggie is just a good wideout"....are you kidding me? The sour grapes are very apparent on this thread. Reggie Wayne is one of the best wide receivers in the NFL and is as to close to as good as Marvin Harrison was during his peak. He is a shoo-in for the Ring of Honor and if the he is one or two great performances in a Super Bowl away from being an HOF type player.

I never blame the players in these situations, it makes more sense to blame the salary structure in the NFL. Basic capitalism states that if you can have the ability to get more money, you'll do what you can to do so. Now that doesn't change my belief that all athletes make way too much money in contacts and the max contract in the NFL or NBA should be like 2 million a year. Maybe then owners wouldn't be leeching off of us taxpayers to pay for their palace stadiums.

There are no sour grapes at all. All of us here have been watching Colts games for many years and recognize what Reggie brings to the table. He's a great receiver, there's no doubt about that. But he's not bigger than the team. We shouldn't be giving a guy that turns 32 this season some massive extension as we saw how that worked with Harrison. He had two more productive years and then got paid massively for nothing the final two. We had rookies at receiver come in and make massive contributions. These guys are only going to get better and better working with a QB like Manning. Reggie is important and I want to keep him around, but if we have to go on without him at some point, we will. There was a point in time not too long ago where we thought life would be hard without Marvin. But we saw last year how much he's missed.....

Basic capitalism also states that an employer should expect their employee to honor the contract they signed. Again, it's not like Reggie signed a small contract when he wasn't producing much and then exploded into a star after the fact. Instead, he signed this contract after TWO 1000 yards season so him and his camp knew damn well what his worth was and they thought he was getting paid fair value at the time. His production has remained constant since then, so if the contract was good enough in 06 it should be good enough now.

Polian doesn't usually negotiate with players who have multiple years remaining on their contracts. He should tell Reggie to stick it.

The Colts are doing guys like Mathis and Wayne favors when they front-load their contracts for them. It's irritating that they have the nerve to be upset when they aren't making as much in the end because the Colts gave them more upfront. When the contract is said and done, they'll make the money they signed for.

Bball
06-05-2010, 05:07 PM
We had rookies at receiver come in and make massive contributions. These guys are only going to get better and better working with a QB like Manning.

I wonder if the above is the reason Reggie is wanting his new contract now? Let those guys have even more games under their belts and it's real gamble just how important a mid 30's Reggie Wayne would be to the team as the team looks forward. Also, look at the Marvin Harrison situation as a warning to the Colts of how quickly it can turn.

It's still a bit of an unknown how good those receivers could be without a Wayne or Clark on the field. ...But the winds are blowing in a direction that says they would be fine.

BTW... There's probably a reason great receivers always seem to be on a team with a great QB.

As for the contention that the NFL salary structure is perfect... I still take it over the NBA's any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Also... He probably needs his name in the discussion so the team doesn't forget about his future as they address Peyton's new deal.

Sollozzo
06-05-2010, 06:46 PM
I wonder if the above is the reason Reggie is wanting his new contract now? Let those guys have even more games under their belts and it's real gamble just how important a mid 30's Reggie Wayne would be to the team as the team looks forward. Also, look at the Marvin Harrison situation as a warning to the Colts of how quickly it can turn.

It's still a bit of an unknown how good those receivers could be without a Wayne or Clark on the field. ...But the winds are blowing in a direction that says they would be fine.

BTW... There's probably a reason great receivers always seem to be on a team with a great QB.

As for the contention that the NFL salary structure is perfect... I still take it over the NBA's any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Also... He probably needs his name in the discussion so the team doesn't forget about his future as they address Peyton's new deal.

All good points, Bball.

I think your theory about Wayne is right. He sees the writing on the wall. He knows when his contract is up after the 2011 season that he'll be a 33 year old free agent receiver with 11 years under his belt. He knows teams aren't usually wild about giving 33 year old receivers with a lot of years under their belts big contracts. His value is a lot higher right now than it will be 2 years from now and he's trying to cash in on it. He knows that in 2 years Garcon, Collie, and (hopefully) Gonzo will be looking at the primes of their careers, thus making Wayne much more expendable. From the Colts POV, offering him a big contract at that stage isn't exactly going to be an attractive option, especially after seeing how we didn't miss Marvin one iota this past season.

Manning makes receivers. If you have talent and a hard work ethic, you're going to get monster stats in a Peyton Manning offense. I'd rather spend money in other areas than spending it on receiver.

Swingman
06-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Maybe Wayne and Mathis should realize that they have a contract already and need to honor their end of it. I guess honor is a thing of the past.

Btw, is no one else disturbed by "owner Jim Irsay plans to make Manning the highest-paid player in league history."?

Why does Manning need to be the highest paid player in league history? Wouldn't that limit our ability to surround Manning with talent if you're spending so much on one player? Irsay's goal shouldn't be to give Manning a buttload of cash but to get him for a reasonable contract.

Bball
06-06-2010, 04:18 AM
Irsay's goal shouldn't be to give Manning a buttload of cash but to get him for a reasonable contract.

A reasonable contract for Manning probably is to make him the highest payer in the NFL...

Swingman
06-06-2010, 12:47 PM
A reasonable contract for Manning probably is to make him the highest payer in the NFL...

possibly but why would his plans be to make that happen?

That's like going in to buy a car and telling the salesman that you want to spend more than anyone else has on the car.

RWB
06-06-2010, 02:43 PM

That's like going in to buy a car and telling the salesman that you want to spend more than anyone else has on the car.

Simply because Peyton Manning is and will be the best player the Colts will ever have. Irsay believes PM is and has been the franchise and the reason LOS was built.

Bball
06-06-2010, 05:19 PM

Your analogy is flawed to some degree because you are talking about an item with multiple duplicates. What if you are going in to make an offer on a one of a kind car?

If you know market value is going to make him the highest paid player then I see no reason not to admit it (unless you are willing to test his loyalty and are going to offer less than market value and negotiate up from that point).

There's still the question of "By how much will he be the highest paid player in the NFL?"

So there's still negotiating to be done.

speakout4
06-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Your analogy is flawed to some degree because you are talking about an item with multiple duplicates. What if you are going in to make an offer on a one of a kind car?

If you know market value is going to make him the highest paid player then I see no reason not to admit it (unless you are willing to test his loyalty and are going to offer less than market value and negotiate up from that point).

There's still the question of "By how much will he be the highest paid player in the NFL?"

So there's still negotiating to be done.
Making him the highest player is certainly not going to help win another superbowl which may be more valuable to PM than the money. More money to very few means less to the other hired help. To me this is another example that left to his own devices Irsay is just not a smart guy.

Bball
06-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Making him the highest player is certainly not going to help win another superbowl which may be more valuable to PM than the money. More money to very few means less to the other hired help. To me this is another example that left to his own devices Irsay is just not a smart guy.

That ball would be in Manning's court though would it not? Surely he has to know that as much as Irsay...
I think Irsay is stuck offering market value, but no one said he has to crazily over pay either.
Irsay can't let Manning walk from his POV. Truthfully, SB chances or not, paying Manning as little as possible is in Irsay's own best interests (at least short term). But what's not in anyone's best interests is Manning leaving the team prematurely.

Of course if anyone wants to argue that his market value is CRAZY then that's another debate and one I'm likely to agree with. Would any players be making this kind of money if teams had to build their own sporting palaces and pay to use and build training and practice facilities out of their own self-generated revenues? ...If city, state, and federal government were banned from giving breaks or handouts in any way? If TV revenues were based on market realities and not a desire to not be the network without NFL football... or a desire to have a sport on your network because you think it's a feather in your cap?

Day-V
06-07-2010, 05:43 AM
What many of you don't understand is that Peyton's hands are pretty well tied on this issue. I'm sure he wouldn't mind at all taking a "pay-cut" if it meant getting other guys signed (hell, he even restructured his deal in 2005 so Edge could come back and suck it up for one last season), but he has to go with what his Market Value is. And pretty much his Market Value right now is a Blank Check.

This question was asked in Mike Chappel's latest blog. And his response is pretty spot-on.

QUESTION: Why does Jim Irsay have to make Peyton Manning the highest paid player in NFL history? Wouldn't Manning be smart to take a page out of the Tom Brady playbook (it pains me to say that) and sign a very large, but not excessive deal that would allow the Colts to address Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, or other issues coming after this year? I know he deserves it, but he has to know his chances of getting more rings improves if the Colts have a little more financial flexibility. I know this is his last big deal and I can't fathom his kind of money. But taking a deal at roughly five years and $80 million instead of five years and $100 million would certainly help his supporting cast. If he gets a max deal and fails to deliver another Super Bowl, it won't be worth it in my mind.
-- from John, Dallas, TX

ANSWER: Another hot-button topic this offseason. First of all, I wonder if Brady would do his less-than-market deal again, presumably to help the team keep other players, if he knew the Patriots were going to release or not re-sign Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, Adam Vinatieri, Richard Seymour and a few others? Manning will get what the market says he should get. That's the way it works. Shoot, it might be more than $100 million. Fans were critical when the Colts signed Manning to the seven-year, $98 million contract in 2004. They wondered how the team would be able to keep the rest of the roster strong. Well, after giving Manning the mega-deal, the team still found the means to re-sign, among others, defensive ends Dwight Freeney (six years, $72 million) and Robert Mathis (six years, $30 million), safety Bob Sanders (five years, $37.5 million) and tight end Dallas Clark (six years, $41.7 million). Just those four players were given more than $80 million in guarantees. My point is the Colts will find a way to make it work after giving Manning his gi-normous contract. On a grander scale, and fans don't want to hear this, the system basically dictates Manning get what he can get. It sets the stage for the next elite quarterback, which sets the stage for the next one.

Gamble1
06-07-2010, 10:42 PM
He is one of the best current WR's, but I think it's a diss to Marvin to say that Reggie is almost as good as Marvin at his best. I really don't think he's anywhere close to that.

IMO Reggie is at that "really really really good" level. Marvin, Moss, Fitzgerald - at their best those were guys you had/have defenses thinking "****, how are we stop this guy?" Reggie's not that, and doesn't deserve to be paid like that.
Totally agree.
I view Reggie as very good but put him on the Vikings with Culpepper and he doesn't reach close to what Moss did. Same with Fitz and A Johnson.

Sollozzo
06-08-2010, 11:47 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-coltspoliannonewdeal

Polian said last week that he probably wouldn't be able to negotiate new contracts with Wayne and Mathis this year as the lack of a CBA makes it difficult. Good. Now hopefully the two of them can wipe the sand out of there you-know-what and be ready for training camp next month.

Natston
06-12-2010, 08:51 AM
I don't mind it when players hold out, but Wayne and Mathis don't seem to have much leverage. And as Adam pointed out, the current "no-CBA" CBA restricts what can be done as far as contract renegotiations go anyway.

Slick Pinkham
07-18-2010, 02:38 PM
new comments suggest that skipping TRAINING CAMP is also a possibility.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/18/reggie-wayne-hints-at-a-holdout/

Sollozzo
07-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Call his bluff.

btowncolt
07-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Eh - if his threats are anything like his Super Bowl routes, he won't follow through.

SoupIsGood
07-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Pay him in Strawberry-Banana milkshakes.

Trader Joe
07-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Makes his whole act last year look really fake.

cramerica
07-19-2010, 10:28 AM
I think Mathis deserves more money than Wayne does. Don't get me wrong, they are both very underpaid for their production and the current markey value, but Mathis is WAY more underpaid.

jeffg-body
07-20-2010, 11:31 PM
For what he does and the high level of play that this guy brings to every single game, he deserves a nice pay raise. I think it wouldn't be out of the question that he is paid in line with the top 5 receivers in the game. I think he should get paid like he produces because remember in the NFL (not for long) athletes only last an average of 5.3 years per career. You never know when a bad cut or low tackle could end his career in the blink of an eye.

RWB
07-21-2010, 09:18 AM

:D:D Yeah, wondering what he'll do this year? Show up in ratty clothes claiming he's broke.

Basketball Fan
07-22-2010, 08:30 AM

Not necessarily there's nothing wrong with getting paid but he's delusional if he thinks he's going to get a long term deal at his age.

RWB
07-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Not necessarily there's nothing wrong with getting paid but he's delusional if he thinks he's going to get a long term deal at his age.

Holy carp, Reggie's been playing for free. :-o:D

The truck thing was funny but over blown as usual. The truck was already on campus, waiting in a parking lot, about 300 yards from the hall he was going to be staying in. Reggie pulls into the lot, hops out of his vehicle, and a truck driver is waiting with a hard hat, lunch box, and yellow reflective vest. Honk, honk, and two minutes later they arrive in front of the news media. :laugh:

Since86
07-22-2010, 12:21 PM
It's not how he got there, or how long he was in the truck. It's the visual message that he was trying to send, and did send.

What he is doing now contradicts that message. I don't think anyone really thought he drove the hour drive from Indy to TH in that truck.

RWB
07-22-2010, 12:46 PM
What he is doing now contradicts that message.

Exactly, Reggie's message last year was :bs:.