PDA

View Full Version : How will Ron play in the All-Star game?

Hicks
02-03-2004, 02:29 PM
I think there's about a 5% chance he plays it loose on D.

But really, I think he'll do what got him there: Shut down his man.

Besides that, I think he'll try to pull a street move or two to show off.

DisplacedKnick
02-03-2004, 02:34 PM
If you get a lineup with Kidd(PG), Ron(SG), Martin(SF), Magloire(PF) and Wallace(C) on the floor together you may just be watching the best defensive squad ever to take the floor in an all-star game.

Now THAT would be interesting - no "defense is an afterthought" for any of those guys.

Unclebuck
02-03-2004, 02:36 PM
I don't think Ron will do every well in the game. he might get mad if the rest of the players don't want to win as bad as he does.

Although Ron plays in a lot of pickup games in the summer time so who knows

Hicks
02-03-2004, 02:38 PM
If you get a lineup with Kidd(PG), Ron(SG), Martin(SF), Magloire(PF) and Wallace(C) on the floor together you may just be watching the best defensive squad ever to take the floor in an all-star game.

Now THAT would be interesting - no "defense is an afterthought" for any of those guys.

What makes Magloire a better defender than JO?

Even if he is better, JO's good enough that I'd still have him out there for his offense.

DisplacedKnick
02-03-2004, 02:41 PM

What makes Magloire a better defender than JO?

About 20 lbs.

ROCislandWarrior
02-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Ron is going to get fouled out... :laugh:

ROCislandWarrior
02-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Ron is going to get fouled out...

ok..that should say Ron is going to foul out :D

Natston
02-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Ron is going to get fouled out...

ok..that should say Ron is going to foul out :D :mad:

fwpacerfan
02-03-2004, 03:25 PM
Ron is going to win MVP! He'll score 19 pts. get 9 rebounds dish for 7 assists and he will have 8 steals while holding Kobe and Peja to a miserable 4 of 22 shooting night! :laugh:

sixthman
02-03-2004, 03:54 PM
I don't think Ron will do every well in the game. he might get mad if the rest of the players don't want to win as bad as he does.

Although Ron plays in a lot of pickup games in the summer time so who knows

I watched Ron some in both Rucker and in an all-star game. He goes with the flow and he will get his share of shots.

Bball
02-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Artest playing in an All Star game and asking how he will play.... hmmmmmm.... one name comes to mind....
Pete Rose....

I'll let the old-timers explain that if you think it has to do with betting...

Bball

Cactus Jax
02-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Artest playing in an All Star game and asking how he will play.... hmmmmmm.... one name comes to mind....
Pete Rose....

Bball

I wasn't around when Rose was playing in all-star games, but I do know of the play where he ran into the catcher at home plate, and if I remember injured him pretty badly.

Bball
02-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Pete Rose....

Bball

I wasn't around when Rose was playing in all-star games, but I do know of the play where he ran into the catcher at home plate, and if I remember injured him pretty badly.

Well, I didn't mean Ron would intentionally hurt someone... Just that he would be playing 100% and playing to win.

(Not that Pete Rose intended to hurt anyone either )
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/history/mlb_asgrecaps_story_headline.jsp?story_page=recap_ 1970

-Bball

ABADays
02-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Ummmmm - by being selected ???? :whoknows: