PDA

View Full Version : What was your favorite game of last years regular season?

Dr Huxtable
07-30-2004, 04:11 PM
Mine was Pacers vs Kings, March 19th. (I only remember the day because thats when Spring Break started. tongue )

It was at the time a game that would decide the leagues best record.

We had an early lead, up to 18 points through all the first half. Then slowly the Kings came back, resulting in a fourth quarter showdown. The game went back and forth. The final two minutes were amazing- big shot after big shot for both teams, With around 11 seconds left, JO got fouled and sank two free throws to put us up by 1. The Fieldhouse went CRAZY.

After the timeout, I don't remember the exact play, but Mike Bibby ended up hitting the biggest shot of the night to win it with 2.1 seconds left. There was still a little bit of hope for us, but the person who ended up taking the shot was Jeff Foster, from half court. It went in and out. sad

Great game.

What was yours?

SoupIsGood
07-30-2004, 04:40 PM
I was going to say that one too. That was benders 15 points in 3 minutes game, right?

DisplacedKnick
07-30-2004, 04:47 PM
Pacers at Knicks, Feb 3.

Sorry guys - there were probably bigger Knick wins (at Minn frex) but that was the one where I actually had hope for the season - until Isiah went and traded KVH for Tim Thomas.

Plus I actually saw it ...

A really nice Pacers win was at Dallas in Jan. The Pacers were playing their best ball of the year right around then.

Lord Helmet
07-30-2004, 05:00 PM
My favorite game of last season.Game 4 ECF Rick starts Cro and we stomp Detroit so bad Detroit fans booed their own team.My bad didn't see "regular season" well my favorite game of the season was the Pacers @ Knicks Reg scores 31 pts.

BigDawg44
07-30-2004, 05:02 PM
Mine was when Reggie was in the Garden and lit up the Knickerbockers for 31 pts, and landed in Spike Lees lap!

ChicagoJ
07-30-2004, 05:13 PM
The game in San Antonio was one of the best regular season games I've seen in a long time. Wrong team won, but a great game.

hoopsforlife
07-30-2004, 05:18 PM
The Tampa Bay- Colts game on Monday Night. That was awesome. ;)

Pacers, it would be the first game against the Pistons. That set the tone for the whole season.

Unclebuck
07-30-2004, 05:21 PM
The game in San Antonio was one of the best regular season games I've seen in a long time. Wrong team won, but a great game.

Without question the best regular season game last year.

I was hoping for a Spurs - Pacers Finals

Ragnar
07-30-2004, 05:49 PM

Ditto

Kegboy
07-30-2004, 05:56 PM

You sure it wasn't that 70-60 Denver game back in November? :p

That Spurs game was the best game, even though it's hard to go against Bender's performance against Sac.

canyoufeelit
07-30-2004, 11:17 PM
Miami beats Dallas in overtime in bizarre fashion, Rafer Alston buries a 3-pointer over Shawn Bradley after Lamar Odom misses the second of 2 FTs and the rebound goes out of bounds off of Antoine Walker's fat *** :laugh:

Lord Helmet
07-30-2004, 11:35 PM
The Tampa Bay- Colts game on Monday Night. That was awesome. ;)

Pacers, it would be the first game against the Pistons. That set the tone for the whole season.
Yea :goponies:

Unclebuck
07-31-2004, 12:05 AM
Miami beats Dallas in overtime in bizarre fashion, Rafer Alston buries a 3-pointer over Shawn Bradley after Lamar Odom misses the second of 2 FTs and the rebound goes out of bounds off of Antoine Walker's fat *** :laugh:

That was a very good game without question. One of the better games I saw last season.

But I find on a typical NBA regular season night (typical in that there are 8 games or so on the schedule) there are usually two games that are excellent.

Unclebuck
07-31-2004, 12:06 AM

That was a very good game without question. One of the better games I saw last season.

But I find on a typical NBA regular season night (typical in that there are 8 games or so on the schedule) there are usually two games that are excellent.

SycamoreKen
07-31-2004, 12:58 AM

I was at the game rooting my heart out, so it was definately getting my vote. I couldn't believe people were leaving before Turk hit that shot at the buzzer to send it to OT.

I too wish the two would have made the finals. I would have been at one of the games here.

Burt_Reincarnated
07-31-2004, 08:05 PM
My favorite game was the last game they won I think, whichever one where they blew out the Pistons, and there was that great video clip of Ron running back down the court while Reggies 3pter was still in the air and Ron was holding up 3 fingers...

That video clip was on PD for a while, Classic..

sweabs
08-01-2004, 01:48 AM

Exactly the one I was going to say.

That game also gave me a lot of confidence in the team and hope.

Lord Helmet
08-01-2004, 01:52 AM
My favorite game was the last game they won I think, whichever one where they blew out the Pistons, and there was that great video clip of Ron running back down the court while Reggies 3pter was still in the air and Ron was holding up 3 fingers...

That video clip was on PD for a while, Classic..
That was Game 4 of the ECF and yea that game was awesome. It gets me sad to think if we could've kept doing that to Detroit we may have won.I can't wait for October!!

MSA2CF
08-01-2004, 08:43 PM
I agree with BigDawg somewhat. It was a toss-up for me between the Knick game in which Reggie scored 31 and Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals versus the Pistons.

kerosene
08-01-2004, 10:03 PM
Hard to pick a favorite so the game I went to gets my vote. March 2 @ Golden State

SoupIsGood
08-01-2004, 11:46 PM
I was at that game too! One of the like 4 or 5 I went to. It was pretty close the whole game until the 4th quarter.

Jermaniac
08-02-2004, 05:52 AM
Game against Magic where Ron went for 35.
Game against the Knicks when JO hit the game winner with 5 seconds left (i belive that was the time left)

Pig Nash
08-02-2004, 02:24 PM
I liked the game at New Orleans when David West completely blew his chance to beat us in the final seconds. He missed a layup. Classic.

JOneal7
08-02-2004, 11:08 PM
sure that wasn't david wesley? ^^^^^^^^

Kegboy
08-02-2004, 11:33 PM
sure that wasn't david wesley? ^^^^^^^^

No, it was David West.