PDA

View Full Version : Memphis and Indiana

thunderbird1245
05-31-2010, 09:36 AM
What do my fellow Pacers fans think of this?

Indiana trades #10, Brandon Rush, Solomon Jones, and the rights to Erazem Lorbek to Memphis

Memphis trades #12, #28, and PG Mike Conley to Indiana

This solves our PG problems for the long haul in my opinion, as I really like Conley. We move down 2 spots and replace Rush with whoever we pick at #12.

Memphis moves up 2 spots and targets whomever they are interested in, leapfrogging us and New Orleans, plus gets Brandon Rush to play on the wings for them.

Thoughts?

pwee31
05-31-2010, 10:02 AM
I would do the deal as a Pacers fan, but I'm not sure or package is worth giving another first round pick for AND Mike Conley, just to move up two spots.

I guess it depends on what the Grizzles feel about Rush.

MillerTime
05-31-2010, 10:04 AM
Thats not a bad trade. But we would have to re-sign Solomon Jones.

This would mean that we would have to start D. Jones at SG, which I am totally fine with. Hes a better defender than Rush and both of their offenses are the same. Rush has the potential to be a better offensive player, and he has shown glimpes of it, but the consistency certainly isnt there

NappyRootz
05-31-2010, 08:34 PM
What do my fellow Pacers fans think of this?

Indiana trades #10, Brandon Rush, Solomon Jones, and the rights to Erazem Lorbek to Memphis

Memphis trades #12, #28, and PG Mike Conley to Indiana

This solves our PG problems for the long haul in my opinion, as I really like Conley. We move down 2 spots and replace Rush with whoever we pick at #12.

Memphis moves up 2 spots and targets whomever they are interested in, leapfrogging us and New Orleans, plus gets Brandon Rush to play on the wings for them.

Thoughts?

Of course we would love it as Pacer fans.

The Griz would never put Conley in that deal. They MIGHT do that deal sans Conley IF they loved someone at 10 and were afraid of losing him before 12.

Solomon Grundy
06-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I actually like the deal. I'm not sure whether Conley's the answer at the point, but at least his name would draw at least a few more interested fans. I don't know that Memphis would do the deal unless they had a surefire plan to get another PG through free agency or the draft, however. And I KNOW that they aren't dumb enough to think that they can rely on their backup.:)

ChristianDudley
06-01-2010, 08:47 PM
The deal isn't bad...I'd just hope that Conley would pan out for us. With the #12 pick I'm guessing we'd take Xavier Henry, or maybe Bledsoe?? Not a bad-looking trade overall, though.