PDA

View Full Version : Woman claims Reggie Wayne filed false charges to cover affair

Basketball Fan
05-29-2010, 11:43 AM
I could believe he had an affair but the bogus charges? Really why would he waste his time and the jaded part of me thinks a cop could've easily covered this up to not have it see the light of day for it to get to this point. I didn't even know he was married

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-reggie-wayne-mistress-speaks-052810,0,1435141.story

Woman claims Colts' Reggie Wayne filed false charges to cover affair
Colts star Reggie Wayne is embroiled in a credit card fraud investigation involving a woman who claims she became a target only after her long-term affair with the wide receiver was revealed.

Heather MacWilliams Fox59.com

10:19 PM EDT, May 28, 2010
Indianapolis - Colts star Reggie Wayne is embroiled in a credit card fraud investigation involving a woman who claims she became a target only after her long-term affair with the wide receiver was revealed.

After obtaining a search warrant, 15 FBI agents swarmed 26 year-old Natasha McKenzie's home, kicked open her door and took everything.

"They literally took everything. Stuff that didn't even have to do with Reggie at all," she says, speaking exclusively to Fox 59 News.

McKenzie said IMPD detectives told her that she was being investigated for stealing Reggie Wayne's Huntington Bank debit card and charging nearly $100,000 on it. However, McKenzie told a much different story.

Complete Indianapolis 500 Coverage on IndySportsNation

"Reggie knew what was going on. I sent Reggie plenty of thank you messages. He knew everything that was going on. There was nothing fraud about it."

She said over the course of their affair, Wayne provided her with his debit card to "take care of whatever you need to take care of."

"I had permission to buy whatever I bought. Reggie gave me all of his credit card information I still have a record of everything he gave me."

Statements show from December 2009 to April 2010, McKenzie used the card to pay her phone, insurance and cable bills, trips to Wal-Mart and groceries. She also purchased several plane tickets, Carnival Cruise tickets and hotel rooms -- all used, she says, for the couple's romantic get-a-ways.

"We were heavily involved. Clearly we were involved."

McKenzie also charged her children's daycare bills to the card, along with thousands of dollars in college tuition. Charges, she said, that don't paint a picture of a felon.

"If it was stolen, everything wouldn't have come to my house," McKenzie explained.

"If I had something to hide, I wouldn't had stuff coming to my house. I wouldn't have stuff going to my account. I would have hid it I would have hid it somewhere else. I never did that."

She said Wayne was also paying her rent, but when that stopped she became concerned.

"I honestly don't know. The only thing I think it could be is maybe his wife found out about his mistresses."

Now McKenzie says Wayne is acting like he's never met her, but McKenzie and her attorney say they have proof.

"We have evidence. There's text messages and photos and of course 'she' doesn't want to release those at this time," said McKenzie's attorney P. Lynn Bibbs.

McKenzie hopes the truth will prevail but she says it's hard to be optimistic.

"Everybody is on his side. I'm in Indianapolis. He's Reggie Wayne."

Fox59 News contacted the Colts for comment, however they had no knowledge of the incident and therefore could not comment. A message was also left for Wayne's agent. Meantime, McKenzie's attorney told Fox59 News detectives plan on issuing a warrant for her arrest, and the matter remains under investigation by IMPD.

Shade
05-29-2010, 12:39 PM
This...doesn't look good for Reggie, IMO.

Basketball Fan
05-29-2010, 12:42 PM
This...doesn't look good for Reggie, IMO.

If they're false charges yeah. Personally I don't care if he has a side chick I really don't. But if he files bogus charges to cover his own tracks that's weak and fraud.

And that bugs me because its a waste of time that could be used to catch a real criminal.

Slick Pinkham
05-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Send the investigators over to my house when they're done. I've got a woman spending my money too.

QuickRelease
05-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Send the investigators over to my house when they're done. I've got a woman spending my money too.:-o

Bball
05-30-2010, 12:33 AM
She spent over 100,000.00 within two years on his credit card? Even if it is not stolen I suspect she didn't really have permission for those kind of expenses.

But whatever... Even assuming she had the card lawfully with permission to use it however she pleases this doesn't add up.

Bringing false charges would be an extremely dumb way to hide an affair. You might as well assume it's going public when charges are filed so why not just admit the affair and cancel the credit card? Let alone the legal peril you put yourself in with false charges.

If the woman's story is true then tell the wife and cancel the card or just end the affair and cancel the card and see what transpires... maybe the affair doesn't come out and the mistress doesn't tell.

The worst course of action would be filing charges unless the charges are true....

False criminal accusations is just too dumb to believe. ... although I'd be willing to believe she acquired the card legally and then started using it inappropriately... or went on a spending spree to 'get even' for some perceived wrong and Reggie wanted it back and she wouldn't give it to him.

I'd guess Reggie has already 'fessed up to his wife (if there was anything to confess) or he'd never have sought criminal charges.

Hoop
05-30-2010, 04:55 PM
You do get monthly statements, how does it take 2 years to figure out someone is spending 100 grand of your money. If the credit card was given to her and she is spending to much, Reggie could have canceled the card at anytime.

Maybe she was black mailing Reggie into being quiet, then the money she was spending got way out of hand and he had to put a end to it. But, if that was the case he should of had her charged with black mail.

I just don't buy the theft charges, but for Reggie to make false charges seems to be the dumbest part of the whole thing. It just doesn't make a lot of sense anyway you look at it. The wife was going to find out about the affair the minute it became a legal matter.

Justin Tyme
05-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Oh what webs we do weave. The chickens have come home to roost. Did Reggie truly think that his "side action" never had a chance of ever being exposed, at least to the little Mrs.? That's what happens when a man thinks with his zipper and not his brain. I have no sympathy for him nor for the woman. Both knew what they were doing wasn't right. I just hope Reggie doesn't have children.

travmil
05-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Where are you guys getting 2 years from? The article says December '09 to April '10. That's only 5 months.

Basketball Fan
05-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Oh what webs we do weave. The chickens have come home to roost. Did Reggie truly think that his "side action" never had a chance of ever being exposed, at least to the little Mrs.? That's what happens when a man thinks with his zipper and not his brain. I have no sympathy for him nor for the woman. Both knew what they were doing wasn't right. I just hope Reggie doesn't have children.

I think he has two kids which I knew about but he never mentioned a wife ever which I found odd.

thewholefnshow31
05-31-2010, 09:57 AM
I saw this on Fox 59 a couple nights ago and all I could think was what the hell is Reggie thinking. If you are going let a girl use your money and sleep with her at least find yourself a great looking girl.

I say I would be more surprised if Reggie's allegations were true then hers. I imagine Reggie was having his fun with her and either got caught cheating or got tired of her and wanted to find himself a new girl.

Bball
05-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Where are you guys getting 2 years from? The article says December '09 to April '10. That's only 5 months.

You're right. I just said 'within 2 years' because I didn't bother to look closely at the months.

Reggie might not be innocent in this but this smells like to one degree or the other Reggie has gotten connected with a pyscho.

In fact, she could've been hired by Reggie in some capacity which gave her access to his cell number and credit card (which she then stole) and she concocted this affair in her head. She says she sent Reggie 'plenty thank you messages'... It doesn't say she has messages from Reggie. A mistress sending 'plenty' messages doesn't sound like a mistress doing her part to conceal the relationship. OTOH, it does sound like an obsessed woman with a problem.

While she says they took vacations together I'm wondering how many of the dates Reggie would've physically been available for. During part of that timeframe Reggie had NFL games to play including through the playoffs and into the Superbowl. So they might've actually crammed a lot of trips after the playoffs... or this woman might've concocted Reggie's companionship in her mind too.

I am giving Reggie the benefit of the doubt not because he's an Indy Colt but because it makes no sense to bring false charges (thus committing a crime himself) when there would be other (better and more logical) ways to handle an affair gone south.... And spending $100,000.00 on someone else's credit card in a matter of months doesn't smell right. Nor do some of the other things when then taken in context.

Hoop
05-31-2010, 03:03 PM
I got the 2 years from Bball's post. :D

Still in 5 months you probably should notice someone spending your money before it got to 100 grand.

I wish I had enough money that it would take 5 months to notice that 100 grand was gone. ;)

Bball
05-31-2010, 03:42 PM
I got the 2 years from Bball's post. :D

Still in 5 months you probably should notice someone spending your money before it got to 100 grand.

I wish I had enough money that it would take 5 months to notice that 100 grand was gone. ;)

Thanks to Travmil for reading closely and doing the math we know that it was just 5 months that she's alleged to have been using the card. So maybe she used it conservatively for a few months before going wild with it and thus getting the charges noticed?

Basketball Fan
06-03-2010, 11:07 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Woman-allegedly-was-a-big-fan-of-Reggie-Wayne-s-?urn=nfl,245215

Woman allegedly was a big fan of Reggie Wayne's credit card

By MJD

Authorities are investigating a woman who racked up about $95,000 in charges using the credit card of Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne(notes). Women be shoppin'!

That the woman 26-year-old Natasha McKenzie of Indianapolis used the card is not in question. But she says Wayne voluntarily gave her his credit card information, and that he knew she was out there spending, according to the Indianapolis Star.

"Reggie knew what was going on. I sent Reggie plenty of thank you messages," McKenzie told [WXIN-59 in Indianapolis]. "He knew everything that was going on. There was nothing fraud about it. . . . Reggie gave me all of his credit card information. I still have record of everything he gave me."

Wayne says otherwise. He filed a theft report with police saying that an ex-girlfriend used his credit card to spend a whole lot of money, and said he doesn't know how she got the credit card digits.

What do the police say?

"The suspect has been interviewed by our detective and has made admissions to using the card numbers without authorization," an Indianapolis Metropolitan Police spokesman said. "There is the potential for charges being filed."

That's probably bad news for Natasha. And this probably doesn't need to be said, but if you're a well-to-do NFL player with a lot to lose, don't give random people your credit-card information. It's fine to spend a little on the ladies. I myself have been known to splurge on romantic endeavors, treating women to fine dining experiences at upscale establishments like Chili's and Applebee's.

But you don't give out the credit-card information. That's just asking for trouble.

Fortunately, I don't think $95,000 is going to make or break Reggie Wayne he made almost $5 million last year alone but you don't want someone running around with your credit-card information. Whether her usage was authorized by Wayne or not, I think she can probably consider herself cut off.

Basketball Fan
06-07-2010, 10:41 AM
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/reggie-waynes-ex-surrenders-to-police

(AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh)
Regular Photo Size

* Warrant issued for Reggie Wayne's
* Colts player's credit card investigated

Advertisement
Reggie Wayne's Ex surrenders to police

Updated: Monday, 07 Jun 2010, 10:04 AM EDT
Published : Monday, 07 Jun 2010, 9:55 AM EDT

* By: Hyacinth Williams

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - The former girlfriend of Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne has surrendered to police.

Natasha McKenzie is currently being booked into the Marion County Jail.

Metro Police issued a warrant for her arrest on Friday. It charges her with one count of theft (receiving stolen property) and one count of fraud. Both counts are class D felonies.

McKenzie is expected to post a $20,000 bond before she can be released.

Bball
06-07-2010, 09:05 PM
McKenzie is expected to post a $20,000 bond before she can be released.

Can she put this on a credit card?

:rimshot: