PDA

View Full Version : NBA's TV schedule starting to trickle in

Unclebuck
07-29-2004, 12:59 PM
We'll have the full schedule next week, but reports will start coming in over the next few days

TV TIME: National television apparently is wasting no time in showing the beefed-up Nuggets.

Sources say Denver's Nov. 2 opener at the Los Angeles Lakers and the team's Nov. 4 home opener against Minnesota are expected to be broadcast by TNT.

The NBA schedule won't be released until next week, but teams and networks have rough drafts. There still could be some tweaks.

TNT spokesman Jeff Pomeroy neither would confirm nor deny whether the Nuggets will be on during the first week, but he did say TNT has exclusive doubleheaders scheduled for Nov. 2, the opening night of the season, and Nov. 4.

Pomeroy said TNT has a keen interest in the Nuggets, who recently acquired forward Kenyon Martin.

"The Nuggets' off-season additions, including Martin, make them very attractive," Pomeroy said.

Denver's home opener will be a rematch against first-round playoff opponent this past season, the Timberwolves. There was plenty of trash-talking, including Denver's Francisco Elson calling Minnesota star Kevin Garnett "gay." He later apologized.

Lord Helmet
07-29-2004, 01:02 PM
Well we may get 2 games on ABC.:mad:

Doug in CO
07-29-2004, 01:03 PM
regional games, only to be seen by 2 states

bapspacers4life
07-29-2004, 01:08 PM
we better get more tv time :mad:

Lord Helmet
07-29-2004, 01:10 PM
This year it will be all about the Heat.:mad:You would think that after the Pacers and Pistons ECF war they would televise all of our showdowns with Detroit.We will just have to wait and see.

Unclebuck
07-29-2004, 02:47 PM
I predict the Pacers will have a home game Christmas day or evening against the Pistons. I don't have any inside info, but I think it is more than a possibility

MSA2CF
07-29-2004, 03:20 PM
I hope there are even less games on national television...Well, take that back. I hope that we get the same amount of or less respect this year compared to last year. I really think the guys get motivated by the lack of attention.

edit: Respect in the media is what I mean.

Suaveness
07-29-2004, 04:37 PM
I hope we don't get respected. Then we can play with a chip on our shoulder like last year.

Kegboy
07-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Huh, so the season's gonna start the same night as the election. Interesting choice.

Unclebuck
07-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Huh, so the season's gonna start the same night as the election. Interesting choice.

Keep in mind that opening night is a TNT exclusive night like Thursday nights are. So on opening night there will likely only be two games played.

Pacers will open more than likely on

Wednesday night

Kegboy
07-29-2004, 10:23 PM

Keep in mind that opening night is a TNT exclusive night like Thursday nights are. So on opening night there will likely only be two games played.

Pacers will open more than likely on

Wednesday night

You're right, I forgot about that. That makes more sense then, as counterprogramming against election coverage.

Anthem
07-30-2004, 12:47 AM
I know what I'll be watching.

ChicagoJ
07-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Yeah... unless the Clippers are playing, there won't be any mention of "Kerry" around my house that night. :D

JOneal7
07-31-2004, 01:46 AM
I need this schedule! So i can get my cards and my stuff together. I have a long list of things I need to accomplish this season memo wise. :)