PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Griffin?!

RimBender
07-29-2004, 11:16 AM
Maybe we could sign FA Eddie Griffin for short term. I know he has a bad, bad attitude but so does Ron, maybe Ron can help him out(I don't know bout his drinking problem as of now). I remember when Eddie played for the Rockets, he was pretty good. He can shot block and rebound while being able to shoot from long range. Maybe we can look into him, He is a big body, almost like a little Rasheed.

Lord Helmet
07-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Was he released by Houston last year?

RimBender
07-29-2004, 12:58 PM
Was he released by Houston last year?

Yah, then picked up byt the Nets, then dropped again, he seriously has some problems, but IMO a great player.

Slick Pinkham
07-29-2004, 12:58 PM
yes, then signed by NJ, and released by them after off-the-court issues.

He won't play this year unless it's for a prison team or a rehab treatment team.

NJ has mentioning they are "monitoring" his rehab and don't anticipate him being ready to play this year.

RimBender
07-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Griffin has Drew Gooden syndrome. He dances around the perimiter 90% of the time. PFs belong in the paint.

Drew Gooden is NASTY. He loves the paint.

But he just likes to shoot 12 foot jump shoots rather then using his famous sky hook in the post.:laugh:

MSA2CF
07-29-2004, 03:15 PM
No thank you...Just because there is an odd sort of guy already on the team doesn't mean we need a guy with huge issues. Besides, isn't he a forward?

ROCislandWarrior
07-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Unless we can get someone to supply a solid low post presence it is not worth it.

Our team is solid and I would rather give Bender any spare mins. rather than give them to Griffin.