PDA

View Full Version : Raptors offered Carter and Jalen to the Horents for Magloire and PJ Brown

Dr Huxtable
07-29-2004, 01:12 AM
http://boards.ign.com/Basketball/b5109/63778080/?35

That's a steal for the Hornets if they accept! (why wouldn't they)

SoupIsGood
07-29-2004, 01:27 AM
i wouldn't accept it If i were the Hornets, although Carter does sell tickets. if they have trouble filling seats, I would do it.

Although, Scott has said he wants to build a more athletic fastbreak team, much like New Jersey was. A mix of Davis, Carter, JR. Smith (i think thats their rookie) is pretty scary.

Anthem
07-29-2004, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I'm sure we could have gotten Magloire for Croshere. :rolleyes:

bapspacers4life
07-29-2004, 01:53 AM
:rolleyes::p

skyfire
07-29-2004, 03:27 AM
Dont Carter and Jalen have huge contracts? How much are Magloire and Brown making?

It makes the Raptors alot bigger but doesn't help their scoring problems any. Makes the Hornets alot smaller out in the west but all that scoring might work in Scott's system.

SycamoreKen
07-29-2004, 06:13 AM
The Raptors could offer Carter OR Rose for those two, but not both. They both make twice as much as the Hornets' players.

PacerBlade
07-29-2004, 06:19 AM
The Raptors could offer Carter OR Rose for those two, but not both. They both make twice as much as the Hornets' players.

Rose for those two! Are you grazy???

wintermute
07-29-2004, 07:15 AM
maybe mashburn is in there?

i think hornets should keep magloire, but that's just me

SycamoreKen
07-29-2004, 07:22 AM

Rose for those two! Are you grazy???

That is debatable to some, but not reguarding this situation. I was making that point salary wise, not from a talent prospective. Throwing Mash in still does not balance the salaries enough. The Hornets would have to trade 4 guys to get 2. I think we can throw this on the trade scrap heap.

Unclebuck
07-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Contracts don't work, not even close. Carter and Rose make way more than PJ and Jamaal.

DisplacedKnick
07-29-2004, 09:20 AM
That's a bulletin-board post where the salaries don't even match.

IOW, it never happened.

Hicks
07-29-2004, 11:21 AM
It might have happened, with some of the names not out. I was reading on another Hornets board that this was coming from their local ABC station.

Lord Helmet
07-29-2004, 12:46 PM
That would've been a great trade for the Hornets.

Kegboy
07-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Uh, a question for those who say it'd be a "great trade" for New Orleans:

Who the hell would the Hornets play at their power positions? Seriously. What, re-sign Tractor Traylor and pair him with David "I can't hit an unguarded layup" West? No way in the world would New Orleans give up Magloire AND Brown without getting major size in return, especially now that they're in the same division as Duncan, Yao, Nowitzki and Gasol.

Ludicrous. Absolutely ludicrous.

RimBender
07-29-2004, 01:49 PM
Uh, a question for those who say it'd be a "great trade" for New Orleans:

Who the hell would the Hornets play at their power positions? Seriously. What, re-sign Tractor Traylor and pair him with David "I can't hit an unguarded layup" West? No way in the world would New Orleans give up Magloire AND Brown without getting major size in return, especially now that they're in the same division as Duncan, Yao, Nowitzki and Gasol.

Ludicrous. Absolutely ludicrous.

Its Carter and Rose! Thats like 50 plus points to your offense. They can just be like the Mavs, its the new age of basketball, up tempo, bad shooting, dunk-a-thon. :rolleyes::laugh:

waxman
07-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Kegboy makes sense....as usual..... no way you give up 2 quality 7 footers..... they're like Gold in the NBA.

Especially not for a broken down former superstar and one who thinks he is....

MSA2CF
07-29-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm under the understanding that the Hornets have a very slim chance to make the playoffs in the Western Conference, even with the team they have now, so it wouldn't really make that much of a difference should they lose their size. That's just me though. :shrug:

ROCislandWarrior
07-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Well let us look at this.

There is no way the Hornets could get both guys.

Even if the hornets gave up PJ, Mash and Magloire the trade still would not work.

SycamoreKen
07-29-2004, 05:39 PM

Even if the hornets gave up PJ, Mash and Magloire the trade still would not work.

That's what I said. They would have to include Wesley, the only other player with even a bit of value on the team, to make it work. This team is already in danger of getting stomped in their division without trading their length away.

ROCislandWarrior
07-29-2004, 06:26 PM

That's what I said. They would have to include Wesley, the only other player with even a bit of value on the team, to make it work. This team is already in danger of getting stomped in their division without trading their length away.

:blush:

Reading Helps