PDA

View Full Version : all star reserves announced

zxc
02-03-2004, 02:24 PM
http://www.nba.com/allstar2004/allstar_game/reserves1_040203.html

rabid
02-03-2004, 02:28 PM
WAY TO GO RON-RON!!!!!

:pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance: :pepper: :dance:

Ragnar
02-03-2004, 02:29 PM
$@@%$!^(!%^$ So much for Brad getting "lost" in the west.

Hicks
02-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Brad Miller is a 2-time all-star now.... :o

Hicks
02-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Go Ron Artest!! :dance: :pepper: :carrot: :mango: :pineapple: :cucumber: :rock:

obnoxiousmodesty
02-03-2004, 02:33 PM
CONGRATULATIONS RON!

:applaud:

Shade
02-03-2004, 02:34 PM
We could've had THREE All-Stars. :(

DisplacedKnick
02-03-2004, 02:34 PM
$@@%$!^(!%^$ So much for Brad getting "lost" in the west.

Yeah - the Pacers sure were lucky to get rid of him. :rolleyes: I was as wrong as anyone. I didn't think his numbers would go down (never dreamed he'd turn into that kind of passer) but also thought his being an all-star would depend on Shaq not playing due to injury.

And congrats to Ron Artest - he certainly deserved it.

One of the better jobs of selection by the coaches that I've seen in recent years. Magloire's really the only guy I can question and as weak as EC centers are, I can't question it too much.

Hicks
02-03-2004, 02:36 PM
Here's how they stand:

EASTERN CONFERENCE ALL-STARS
Head coach: Rick Carlisle (Indiana)
Player Team Pos. Ht. Wt. All-Star
selections
Ron Artest Indiana F 6-7 246 1
*Vince Carter Toronto F 6-6 225 5
Baron Davis New Orleans G 6-3 223 2
*Allen Iverson Philadelphia G 6-0 165 5
Jason Kidd New Jersey G 6-4 212 7
Jamaal Magloire New Orleans C 6-11 259 1
Kenyon Martin New Jersey F 6-9 234 1
*Tracy McGrady Orlando G/F 6-8 210 4
*Jermaine O'Neal Indiana C/F 6-11 242 3
Paul Pierce Boston G/F 6-6 230 3
Michael Redd Milwaukee G 6-6 215 1
*Ben Wallace Detroit C 6-9 240 2

WESTERN CONFERENCE ALL-STARS
Head coach: Flip Saunders (Minnesota)
Player Team Pos. Ht. Wt. All-Star
selections
Ray Allen Seattle G 6-5 205 4
*Kobe Bryant L.A. Lakers G 6-6 220 6
Sam Cassell Minnesota G 6-3 185 1
*Tim Duncan San Antonio F 7-0 260 6
*Steve Francis Houston G 6-3 200 3
*Kevin Garnett Minnesota F 6-11 240 7
Andrei Kirilenko Utah F 6-9 225 1
Brad Miller Sacramento C 7-0 261 2
Dirk Nowitzki Dallas F/C 7-0 245 3
Shaquille O'Neal L.A. Lakers C 7-1 340 11
Peja Stojakovic Sacramento F 6-10 229 3
*Yao Ming Houston C 7-6 310 2

*denotes starter

As always I'll be rooting for the East, but damn the West has a lot of bigs.

Cactus Jax
02-03-2004, 02:36 PM
Yes AK 47 made it on the all-star team!!!!!! I'm more excited for him than I am for Ron. He really deserves it but I thought there was no way he was getting on, but somehow he made it. Wow I think my predictions/who I want, of the west reserves was exactly right. I really think Lebron deserved to be on the team, but the kid has so many years ahead of him, and this should only be motivation for him.

Cactus Jax
02-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Good work Ron. Some of those selections, which will go nameless, are entire shams. Players left off have been much better and more valuable to their respective successful teams than certain players put on. But I'm glad to see Ron getting some recognition.

After the fan voting, I think the reserves were pretty much the perfect selections for what they had to make. Magloire had to be on there as a back-up center, and I REALLY like the west selections. Yes Ray Allen has only played in a few number of games but he's heads and shoulders above any 2 guard not named Kobe in the west. Only argument at all would've been Finley, but he's so inconsistent.

kerosene
02-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Big congrats to Ron, he definitely deserves it.
Another two Eastern Conference guys who I think completely deserve to be on this team are Redd and Martin.
Magloire, eh. But like Rim said, it's not very deep in the East at Center so what are you gonna do?

Hicks
02-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Good work Ron. Some of those selections, which will go nameless, are entire shams. Players left off have been much better and more valuable to their respective successful teams than certain players put on. But I'm glad to see Ron getting some recognition.

After the fan voting, I think the reserves were pretty much the perfect selections for what they had to make. Magloire had to be on there as a back-up center, and I REALLY like the west selections. Yes Ray Allen has only played in a few number of games but he's heads and shoulders above any 2 guard not named Kobe in the west. Only argument at all would've been Finley, but he's so inconsistent.

The only arguement from YOUR point of view. But there are guys in the West who should have made it over others. I don't have any problem with Magloire, as I'm well aware that they have to vote a back-up center.

Are you going to name these mysterious Westerners, or keep teasing?

arkman40
02-03-2004, 02:49 PM
I would have been absolutely shocked if Artest hadn't of made it. He's an outstanding player on the best team in the conference. The coaches know how good and effective he is. The only thing that could have kept him out would have been some Artest "moments", which are pretty well non-existent this season. I expect this will not be the last time he's selected.

Ragnar
02-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Good to see two Pacers there who deserve it, too. I hate teams getting extra players simply becasue they have a slightly better record than other team at the halfway point. JO and Ron have both had outstanding seasons, and should be in the game.

Are you suggesting that Brad has not also had a great season? If so have you not watched any Sacto games?

Cactus Jax
02-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Well I'd like to hear who he thinks are bad selections. I don't watch all the games for every team, but I watch a good portion of west coast games, as does kerosene, but for me I really like the coaches selections. Francis is very questionable but he was voted by the fans so there's nothing to do there.

I'll tell you why I like every west reserve:

Ray Allen: Clearly the best 2 guard in the west this season including Kobe. The guy is a near triple-double every night, and is one of the best three point shooters out there.

Sam Cassell: He's been the 4th quarter leader of the T-Wolves, and is shooting 50+% from the field, with Cassell's fire em up strategy :o.

Andrei Kirilenko: The guy's one of my top couple favorite non-Pacers, as he works so hard every night, and gets 5 stats every game practically. Twice this season he's had a 5x5 (points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks) and him and Ronnie on the court will be a lot of fun.

Brad Miller: We all know the story here; but the guy gets 15, 10, and 5 practically every night, and has been a big part of the league's best record.

Dirk Nowitzki: This guy's been the man with Dallas, and now that they're winning lots of games, he deserves to be on the team. This could be a questionable pick but not really.

Shaq: Again another questionable pick, but first of all this is in LA, and he's still the most powerful player when healthy or not swearing.

Peja: The guy's been there every night and may now be the on-the-floor leader of the team. Every time Webber's been injured he's stepped it up, and this year was no different.

kerosene
02-03-2004, 04:51 PM
My only quibble with Allen being selected is his time missed due to injury.

Hoop
02-03-2004, 06:24 PM
On a side note, Chicago has now officially traded away an entire All-Star front line. :laugh: Artest, B. Miller, E. Brandt (Made it his first year in LA).