Another one:

ORL gets:

Troy Murphy 1 yr, 12.0M
2010 #40 draft pick

IND gets:

Michael Pietrus 2 yr, 10.6M
Brandon Bass 3 yr, 12.0M
2010 #30 draft pick

This trade makes us a better defensive team from day one. Orlando gets some salary relief without giving up their best players. It would be pretty easy to move Pietrus or any one of our young PF's after this deal. This would have to be a draft day trade because of the salaries and the picks. We get better in the paint and get another first rounder.

PG - TBD, Price
SG - Rush, DJones
SF - Granger, Pietrus, Dun
PF - Bass, Hansborough, McRoberts
C - Hibbert, Foster, SJones

I think we would do whatever it takes after this deal to trade for a PG. I could see us making this a three way trade with NJ.

NJ gets:

TJ Ford 1 yr, 8.5M
2010 #30

IND gets:

Devin Harris 3 yr, 26.8M
Brandon Bass 3 yr, 12.0M
Michael Pietrus 2 yr 10.6M

ORL gets:

Troy Murphy 1 yr, 12.0M
2010 #40

I would even give them Foster instead of Ford, which would free up another 2.2M for the Nets summer spending. It would put us just over the LT and force us into another deal later in the year. I think Foster will be a much better trade piece in February and would rather keep him.

PG - Harris, Price
SG - Rush, DJones
SF - Granger, Pietrus, Dun
PF - Bass, Hansborough, McRoberts
C - Hibbert, Foster, SJones

MillerTime
05-10-2010, 03:33 PM
The trade work http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25aga6v

but its too good to be true. NJ are going to ask for more than just Ford's expiring contract. They going to want Ford and #10/Rush at least.

pacergod2
05-10-2010, 03:54 PM
I disagree. I think they will take the money and run. If we sent them Foster, it would give them an extra 2.2M. If we send them Ford, they can then waive Keyon Dooling and save 3.3M off his unguaranteed deal. They will probably do that anyway, but I think I would want one veteran PG to give Wall a break. You don't want to overuse him year one, because there is a huge difference between 30+ games and summer practices in college and an 82 game NBA season. The 30th pick this year has a ton of value. If it did take the #10, then maybe we can get their #31 in return. That's the only way I would come off of #10 in this deal. That would give us #30 and #31 and some flexibility to make another move. We could then fill in with a center prospect and a best player available. There will be a lot of value there IMO.