PDA

View Full Version : Insider

Hicks
07-27-2004, 05:33 PM
We're going to allow Insider articles to once again be posted on the Pacers board (we used to). We'll see what happens, but other fan forums do so and have for years, and I think we'll be fine. Enjoy.

SpADeD
07-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Who has Insider on this board?

Hicks
07-27-2004, 06:18 PM
Various people do, but if they dont' feel like posting it; anyone can copy and paste from one of these websites once they have it:

http://www.phxsuns.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=1&sid=a4e15224e12e544fde702ad3f1236b06

http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=aroundtl

Doug in CO
07-27-2004, 07:28 PM
I have it - but you can't copy and paste because it is protected - I can print to PDF and be like Will Galen on a daily basis.... can I attach a PDF in a post?

Hicks
07-27-2004, 09:41 PM
I'd prefer not to mess with PDFs here. It's always popping up on phxsuns (usually) and if not you can get around the no copy thing by using a diff. browser than IE (I think Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape works).

Hicks
07-27-2004, 09:42 PM
Also, everyone needs to remember that whomever posts the article needs to always credit the source and say who wrote the article.

Doug in CO
07-27-2004, 10:06 PM
Can I ask - why does Will copy the Star articles? Did I miss some sort of explanation why typing www.indystar.com is such a hard thing to do?

Hicks
07-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Copying it here along with providing the link is preferred; if he's just copying without giving the link he should really have the link too (we want to credit any article we post as much as we can), but it's always nice to post the article so you don't have to bring up a new page.

Doug in CO
07-27-2004, 11:07 PM
okay - just find it a bit odd

Lord Helmet
07-27-2004, 11:10 PM
We're going to allow Insider articles to once again be posted on the Pacers board (we used to). We'll see what happens, but other fan forums do so and have for years, and I think we'll be fine. Enjoy.
Why did you stop allowing people to post Insider articles?:confused:

TheSauceMaster
07-27-2004, 11:22 PM
All I can say is be careful , all it takes is (more narc tips edited out :laugh: )...Personally I wouldnt do it but it's not my site.

To be honest it wouldnt even (...edited out the practical 'idiot's guide to snitching' part...) I used to deal with similar situations on a daily basis , I would hate to see the Best pacers sites , go down while things are being sorted out.

Just my 2 cents

Hicks
07-27-2004, 11:30 PM
We used to do it this way and didn't have a problem. We stopped for a while as a precaution, but for now we're just gonna roll with it until we have to stop. If we're told to stop, we'll stop, and that's the end of it.

Hicks
07-27-2004, 11:32 PM
Also, PD is based in the UK (able), so it's less likely that we get bothered (at least that's my past understanding of overseas websites).

TheSauceMaster
07-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Also, PD is based in the UK (able), so it's less likely that we get bothered (at least that's my past understanding of overseas websites).

Well I am not gonna argue , but able can't (... more editing out because you keep explaining how to properly snitch :laugh: )

But like I said it's not my site so it's not my problem , I was just adding some comments and last I knew that's what the forum was for ;)

Seems I have ruffled some feathers so I'll just shut up and go sit in my dark corner again, can't wait till the season starts some people are way to serious and anal right now.

wintermute
07-28-2004, 09:33 AM
i am now awfully curious about what sauce said that got edited out :laugh:

never mind, i'll get over it :p

Hicks
07-28-2004, 11:25 AM
I'm watchin' you :grumble:

:D