PDA

View Full Version : Wacky Trade #6; combining things

Hicks
07-27-2004, 03:24 PM
OK, first I believe Ron will be traded and we're waiting for the right offer.

Second, while I believe we aren't actively pursuing Dampier (at least not strongly), I also think we'd try to get him if we could get him for "cheap".

Third, Damp has publically said he may have to go the Stephen Jackson route: Sign for cheap now, to earn a big contract in a year or two.

So, here's my idea:

Golden State re-signs Damp to a 2 year, $10mm contract. Then this trade goes down:

Ron Artest, Fred Jones, Austin Croshere
for
Dampier, Dunleavy, Murphy, Robinson

We get Damp for "cheap", and not long-term. We get good young talent in Dunleavy and Murphy, and we get to rent Robinson and his defense for a year, and then his contract is gone (which is I think around 5.8mm).

Golden State has said they won't do a sign-and-trade unless they're getting great talent in return. Supposedly they wanted Bender to talk about sending Damp this way. Well, Ron's >>>> than Bender, and is worthy of not only getting Damp involved, but Dunleavy and Muprhy as well. Cro is also a good player that Mullin likes, and Jones is obviously a very promising guard.

Our lineup:

Tinsley/Johnson/Gill
Jackson/Miller
Dunleavy/Bender
O'Neal/Murphy/Robinson
Dampier/Foster

RimBender
07-27-2004, 03:27 PM
I'm up for it, like it matters what I think to the Top Guns of the Pacers.

If Dunleavy starts over Bender I will cry:mad:......

Anthem
07-27-2004, 03:33 PM
You've got to be kidding me. I love Artest, but that's a fine helping of the Pacers KoolAid.

No way GS gives up Murphy AND Dunleavy AND Dampier AND an ending contract and gets Croshere in return.

ChicagoJ
07-27-2004, 03:43 PM
S&T's have to be for three years. Doesn't automatically rule out your deal, but you'd have to re-work it somewhat. Or wait until December, which seems very risky for GS, Dampier and the Pacers.

Hicks
07-27-2004, 04:14 PM
You guys that say GS says no way. We're talking about sending them an all-star, DPOY, 18ppg, and they're gonna say no because we want Murphy and Dunleavy? I don't think so.

DisplacedKnick
07-27-2004, 04:24 PM
The last time Murphy was healthy he averaged a double-double.

They have huge plans for Dunleavy.

No way they'd do anything but laugh.

Ultimate Frisbee
07-27-2004, 04:54 PM
I don't think GS would do it either... They give up too much of their future...

If we threw in Bender I think there'd be more of a chance...

Hicks
07-27-2004, 04:55 PM
I'm sure glad in hindsight I prefaced this whole thing by saying it's wacky :laugh:

beast23
07-27-2004, 05:28 PM
For a team that has already traded Al and that was extremely close to going to the NBA finals and probably winning a championship, I think that trading an additional 4 players constitutes too much change.

It could blow up in our faces and put us further from the finals rather than put us over the top.

But as fo the proposed trade, it is definitely slanted in the Pacers favor. And on paper, looks good for us.

I just think that that much change could do more harm than good.

Lord Helmet
07-27-2004, 11:03 PM
No don't trade Ron.

TheSauceMaster
07-27-2004, 11:30 PM
Welp It might Work if Bird and DOnnie take Mullin out and Get him Real Drunk , other than that it's like dreaming I will win the lottery next week * btw I dont play the Lottery* :laugh:

Hoop
07-28-2004, 01:38 AM
No don't trade Ron.

:thumbup:

:pray: